1. Post #1601
    December 2016
    18 Posts
    There's a fixed up R5 droid a few pages back. Can't remember who did the fixing up, but I planned on bringing it to SFM soon. Not enough droids.
    I know. But I need the R5 Series because In that pack its the R4 Series

2. Post #1602

January 2016
    2 Posts
    I wonder if someone have access to model of darth nihilus from KOTOR2?

3. Post #1603

January 2017
    1 Posts
    Hello! I'm glad to see this is still going. I found the previous thread through google and thought I might be out of luck when I noticed it was closed.

To start off: I know virtually nothing about modelling (though I do plan to learn of course). So if my questions don't really make sense, that's why :P

What I'm looking for: Every model I can find from SWTOR. And I mean everything. Terrain, objects, characters (or rather, the bits used to make up characters), everything. I did notice that the first post has a SWTOR download link, and I am getting it. But it's likely I'll have no idea how to open the files, so does anyone know what models that download has in it?

Here's what is probably a dumb question: Am I right in thinking these downloads will be just the models? As in, to get things looking the way they do in the game, I'd need the textures as well?

And if the downloads are only a few models and not everything, is there any way I can get all the models and textures out of the game myself? Would it be highly complicated or is there some program that could take them out for me?

I want them so I can try and experiment with making some small Star Wars scenes and such (not from the movies or anything, just my own). Nothing to go in a game, just something in... some kind of model making program. I know even if I managed to get everything I needed it would probably still take a lot of effort and I'd need to read up on a lot to figure it all out. It's a long-term project (I just get paranoid that an online game like SWTOR could vanish at any moment).

4. Post #1604
    February 2010
    705 Posts
    Most of us, to answer your concerns, find it highly inappropriate to 'release' just the geometry of an object. 99% of the time we actually strive to release the textures as well. Also! Easy MYP is the software to rip directly from TOR, and it works with the textures as well. Noesis is the software to convert it to easier use. I might be mixing those two up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #1605
    January 2017
    1 Posts
    Hello! I'm glad to see this is still going. I found the previous thread through google and thought I might be out of luck when I noticed it was closed.

1.) What I'm looking for: Every model I can find from SWTOR. And I mean everything.
    a.) Terrain
    b.) objects
    c.) characters (or rather, the bits used to make up characters)
    d.) everything.

2.)it's likely I'll have no idea how to open the files, so does anyone know what models that download has in it?

3.) Am I right in thinking these downloads will be just the models? As in, to get things looking the way they do in the game, I'd need the textures as well?

4.) if the downloads are only a few models and not everything, is there any way I can get all the models and textures out of the game myself? Would it be highly complicated or is there some program that could take them out for me?

5.)It's a long-term project
    6.)(I just get paranoid that an online game like SWTOR could vanish at any moment).

1.) You've come to the right place. I suggest creating a folder with the sub-folders of the assets you want, and start trawling these forums. I'm doing the same thing for SWBF 2015, and building a masterlist. I would recommend doing the same for SWTOR or whatever game you're trying to save.
    I've never played SWTOR, but the community here is pretty supportive, keep asking around, more people are sure to crop up. Other than that, go through every single page and collect the links you can, then download.
    2.) Which link are you referring to? Most packages contain the model itself, as well as textures (the layers that give the model color, depth, reflection, etc.) Providing a link would help narrow down an answer.

"it's likely I'll have no idea how to open the files" Do you mean the files proper?
    That is, are you talking about the download, or the files *in* the download? Most downloads are compressed .rar or .zip files. You'd need winrar or 7zip to open those (free). The models and textures therein would include .fbx, .obj, max, blender and on and on/ .tga, .png, .jpg, etc etc etc.
    You're correct in your assumption you will need specialized tools to open some of those files, but luckily, the programs you need are
    - free
    - available through trials/demo versions
    - found "for extremely cheap (0$)" on certain websites

To view your models you can find free fbx/obj modelviewers, I don't have a link on hand, but most people who model use other stuff like Blender (free), 3DSMax, Maya (and so forth) for model viewing/modding, and Photoshop or GIMP for texturing, though that can also be achieved with highly specialized tools like Substance Painter/Designer, 3DCoat, Quixel, Knald etc. Then, if you're interested in making photos or poses, people use everything from Unity3D (free - and extremely useful!) to 3DSMax, Cinema 4D etc. etc. etc.

The basic workflow is model->texture->render though this is a *gross* simplification, and you can expect to put in many, many hours learning this. The good news is that this skillset is not only extremely hireable, but useful in many fields, especially in media production.

3.)You'd definitely need textures as well, but it's been my experience that most users here include textures in the folders they provide the forums.

4.) You can certainly rip the game, or elements thereof, though it does take time, and the right tools. I'm not too interested in ripping online games, so I haven't dedicated any time to learning, but I've seen several people mention tools that can do it for you. It would likely be something that takes advantage of DirectX and lets you capture streamed polys and textures from the game. I wish I could help more in this area, but surely someone else will chime in.

5.)You bet your fleshy human buns it is. Take it one step at a time.
    6.)With interest from people like you, who dedicate time and attention to it, it's unlikely these games will completely vanish.

Other than that tackle it as though you're eating a bantha; one bite at a time.

6. Post #1606
    September 2015
    70 Posts

something i slapped together a few nights ago, currently baking the textures with AO integrated into the diffuse.
    Hammerhead Corvette from Rogue One, from the bit I managed to see.

Made for "X3 Star Wars Mod"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #1607
    February 2010
    705 Posts
    I'd almost recommend using the hammerhead type from TOR as a base model.

8. Post #1608
    September 2015
    70 Posts
    I'd almost recommend using the hammerhead type from TOR as a base model.
    TOR? do you by any chance have that model?

EDIT*

oh never mind, the old republic.
    Thanks quite a different ship.

9. Post #1609
    February 2010
    705 Posts
    I do not, but I am sure you might find one around on Gmod or one of these fine folks can port one for you.

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1...re_thranta.png

10. Post #1610
    January 2012
    59 Posts
    Well the Hammerhead Corvette first appeared in Rebels and those ships are the same ones you saw in Rogue One.So if you are in need of reference images just use the ones from Rebels.

11. Post #1611

July 2015
    23 Posts
    It goes somewhere near the hanger

Thanks. So inside the hangar?

12. Post #1612

June 2015
    441 Posts
    I don't suppose there's a low-res version of the U-Wing in the gamefiles, is there?

13. Post #1613
    September 2015
    70 Posts
    Well the Hammerhead Corvette first appeared in Rebels and those ships are the same ones you saw in Rogue One.So if you are in need of reference images just use the ones from Rebels.
    Not really, Star Wars Rebels and Rogue One hammerhead Corvettes are somewhat different.

1. "Rebels" has 3 engines, Rogue One has 4.
    2. "Rogue one" has almost the same escape pod side structure as the CR90 with total of 6 escape pods, rebel none.
    3. Rogue One: multi structural reinforcements like the CR90.
    4. Rogue one Corvette has two large pods on either side which make it look like "Serenity"/"Firefly". Not sure if they are additional landing engines or something else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #1614
    January 2012
    59 Posts
    Not really, Star Wars Rebels and Rogue One hammerhead Corvettes are somewhat different.

1. "Rebels" has 3 engines, Rogue One has 4.
    2. "Rogue one" has almost the same escape pod side structure as the CR90 with total of 6 escape pods, rebel none.
    3. Rogue One: multi structural reinforcements like the CR90.
    4. Rogue one Corvette has two large pods on either side which make it look like "Serenity"/"Firefly". Not sure if they are additional landing engines or something else.
    Huh I didn't notice that. Thanks for informing me.

15. Post #1615
    December 2016
    18 Posts
    Can somebody extract crashed Ships/Vehicles from Battlefront and Post it here? like the AT-AT or Blockade Runer, X-Wing

16. Post #1616
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    31,996 Posts
    I believe in the lore the Hammerheads in Rebels and Rogue One are still the same ships, they were just modified in the 2 years between the show and movie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #1617

May 2015
    61 Posts
    Thanks. So inside the hangar?
    Take a closer look at the two dishes. It looks like you are missing a few pieces (including the dishes), but those otherwise look like your part.

18. Post #1618
    January 2012
    17 Posts
    "Hammerhead Corvette from Rogue One"
    When you're done can I put this into the Rogue One Vehicle Pack?

Keep up the good work! Just remember -- I need it in 3ds or obj, Thanks in advance!
    -Syphadias

19. Post #1619
    December 2015
    151 Posts
    Take a closer look at the two dishes. It looks like you are missing a few pieces (including the dishes), but those otherwise look like your part.
    Yep, those tractor beam generators aren't quite right. The original models included both damaged and pristine meshes overlaid in the same space. I did my best to clean up and remove the damaged bits, but I noticed later that there are additional mesh components, specifically the dish, hidden inside of the tractor beam base. This seems to be a common practice for meshes that include articulating pieces. Without detailed reference pics to work from, I didn't bother trying to re-position the dish before sharing the models. If anyone has a good reference pic or manages to get the tractor beam dish accurately repositioned, I'd be interested to see the results.

20. Post #1620

October 2016
    11 Posts
    So i wanted to slow down my Stellaris modding, do something else and decided to start going more into 3d modelling.

With that i wanted to share my so far reworked models i use in my mods. That would be 5 models, the MC80 Wingless, the Assault Frigate MK I both from Evillejedi, the Republic Interdictor from Warb_Null and the Immobilizer/ Vindicator from JarJarThomas.

Only ingame pictures:
    https://postimg.org/gallery/3hdv6hjqa/

If you use it, give Credits please to me and the others mentioned in the credits.txt files thanks!

No normal maps only Diffuse in .DDS and PSD textures.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o9f5dcwmft...odels.rar?dl=0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #1621

July 2015
    23 Posts
    Just to be clear, is it the part/-s that are circled red or green? The model doesn't look like either imo

But I'm convinced you are right either way and then the disc/-s must've never made it throug the ripping process. Will check for that though and if need be, remodel it.

Thanks!

22. Post #1622
    February 2010
    705 Posts
    Look how the green circled bit is underneath the rails? Those are docking clamps for shuttles and such.

23. Post #1623

May 2015
    61 Posts
    Just to be clear, is it the part/-s that are circled red or green? The model doesn't look like either imo
    The red ones. Re-watch the relevant pass over and later capture scenes on youtube at:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHfLyMAHrQE

I drew in the pieces I'm seeing missing from your model.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1624

January 2017
    1 Posts
    Could someone find out what this armor is from SWTOR and export it as an obj for me? THANKS!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #1625

July 2015
    23 Posts
    Yep, those tractor beam generators aren't quite right. The original models included both damaged and pristine meshes overlaid in the same space. I did my best to clean up and remove the damaged bits, but I noticed later that there are additional mesh components, specifically the dish, hidden inside of the tractor beam base. This seems to be a common practice for meshes that include articulating pieces. Without detailed reference pics to work from, I didn't bother trying to re-position the dish before sharing the models. If anyone has a good reference pic or manages to get the tractor beam dish accurately repositioned, I'd be interested to see the results.
    I see, but should the pieces be in your model file? I just have to dig around some?
    Thanks for the model!

Look how the green circled bit is underneath the rails? Those are docking clamps for shuttles and such.
    Ah, ok. I see. Thank you!

The red ones. Re-watch the relevant pass over and later capture scenes on youtube at:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHfLyMAHrQE

I drew in the pieces I'm seeing missing from your model.

Thank you so very much, now I see it.

Edited:

I've been looking for an AT-AT and found:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/41jco8...Mesh_Chunk.rar

But I can't seem to be able to convert the .mesh file =/
    I think noesis used to work with this.

Does anybody have the AT-AT in fbx or obj?

Thanks!

26. Post #1626

May 2015
    16 Posts
    Anyone had any luck yet with that maat, GAT (ground armoured tank) and RTT (republic troop transport)

27. Post #1627

June 2015
    441 Posts
    Any chance anybody can extract the textures from Bespin from Battlefront or Battlefront III?

28. Post #1628
    January 2012
    117 Posts
    hi guys,
    i have a request if its possible. does anyone of you have the geonosian model from the old republic online game? i have one from the republic commando game, but as you can imagine the model is not the best since the game is now 12 years old. this is the model i like to have if its possible....

many thanks in advanced :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1629

December 2016
    2 Posts
    Hi ! :)

Does anyone have the Coruscant "taxi" from SWTOR, please ?
    I could swear I saw it, but I can't find it...

Thanks in advance for your help ! :)

30. Post #1630
    April 2012
    73 Posts
    Has anyone seen any of the Rogue One Tank Pilots as models, yet?

31. Post #1631

December 2015
    6 Posts
    Any luck on the Duros head model from SWBF? I saw that some of the other heads had fixes for the rigging, and all that.

32. Post #1632
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,474 Posts
    You could definitely modify a shore trooper to look like one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #1633

April 2016
    29 Posts
    Does anyone have any models from Star wars Rebels or The Clone Wars Animated Series? I'm particularly interested in the main crew of rebels, storm troopers (and their weapons). Clone troopers and battle droids.

Environment work would also be great, if not then at least someone who can tell me how I'd go about ripping that stuff. Thanks!

34. Post #1634

June 2015
    441 Posts
    There have been models posted from Clone Wars Adventures posted in the old thread. As for Rebels models, I found maybe what you're looking for here:

https://www.models-resource.com/pc_c...lsrebelstrike/

35. Post #1635

April 2016
    29 Posts
    There have been models posted from Clone Wars Adventures posted in the old thread. As for Rebels models, I found maybe what you're looking for here:

https://www.models-resource.com/pc_c...lsrebelstrike/
    Sweet! now if I could only get the environment stuff from that game..

36. Post #1636

July 2015
    23 Posts
    Hi ! :)

Does anyone have the Coruscant "taxi" from SWTOR, please ?
    I could swear I saw it, but I can't find it...

Thanks in advance for your help ! :)

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php...1#post47207298

and

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php...1#post47207858

Not sure if they have the correct textures in them, but that shouldn't be too hard to tweak something similar. If the yellow one doesn't exist I can do it for you.

37. Post #1637

October 2016
    32 Posts
    hey guys can anyone please link me the falcon he used in this video pls :D

38. Post #1638
    August 2016
    77 Posts
    Does anyone have sound effects for the Darksaber?

39. Post #1639
    January 2012
    117 Posts
    Does anyone have sound effects for the Darksaber?
    i have only two sounds of the darksaber ( swing sound and switch on sound ). its not much but maybe that helps you somehow...
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/676y97...ber+sounds.rar

40. Post #1640
    December 2016
    18 Posts
    Does anyone have the R5 Astromech Series from Battlefront?