1. Post #1521

June 2015
    486 Posts
    I think I recognize that model...
    It's the TFU Clone Trooper.

EA Battlefront 2 is going to focus on Episodes VII and VIII
    It will include content from 'the new movies', which is a vague term in general. But it's safe to say they will also include the GCW era as well, seeing as one of those 'new movies' takes place in it and they've said they will include 'everything' the original game has.

2. Post #1522

March 2016
    26 Posts
    Is anyone else having some serious trouble with the fixed head of luke?
    Im using Cinema4D and it doesn't matter what I am trying.. the hair and the eyes are looking creepy as hell...
    just look at the eyelids?

http://z37i.imgup.net/Body7094.jpg?l=de

Maybe it's just me... or I am just to stupid to set it up correctly.. maybe someone can provide me with a fixed version...

thanks in advance

3. Post #1523
    January 2015
    676 Posts
    That's kind of disappointing. I don't see what's keeping them from spanning multiple eras, like, you know, the original games.

4. Post #1524
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    32,727 Posts
    Money and time.

They could probably do both the OT and ST with Battlefront 2 since they already have the assets for the OT.

But making Two completely new Eras of Vehicles, weapons, characters, voices and maps at the quality of the first game would probably be to much.

5. Post #1525
    December 2015
    107 Posts
    Im using Cinema4D and it doesn't matter what I am trying.. the hair and the eyes are looking creepy as hell...

Maybe it's just me... or I am just to stupid to set it up correctly.. maybe someone can provide me with a fixed version...

thanks in advance
    You must change the Hair Texture with Photoshop and save it as TIFF

6. Post #1526
    January 2015
    676 Posts
    Money and time.

They could probably do both the OT and ST with Battlefront 2 since they already have the assets for the OT.

But making Two completely new Eras of Vehicles, weapons, characters, voices and maps at the quality of the first game would probably be to much.
    Eh, they have the resources and money, the thing is they'd have to put in the time and effort, and it's EA.

7. Post #1527
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    32,727 Posts
    Eh, they have the resources and money, the thing is they'd have to put in the time and effort, and it's EA.
    The amount of detail they put into BF1 tells me otherwise.

8. Post #1528
    January 2016
    32 Posts
    EA never said that.

9. Post #1529
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    32,727 Posts
    EA never said that.
    Well, they didn't say it exactly, but in the EA Star Wars: Look Ahead video one of the DICE people said they're bringing Battlefront into 'new Eras'.

https://youtu.be/yrIEW7woFFo 30 seconds onwards

During the Motive Studios segment (they're working with DICE on Battlefront 2) they had concept art of First Order TIE Fighters and Star Destroyers.

The Narration over this image was "We want to tell the world what we're about, and we're going to bring that to Battlefront"
    This doesn't necessarily mean these images were related to battlefront, could be a coincidence.

Edited:

There was also a neat animation of a rebel getting into an OT X-Wing, and one of the computer screens had a star destroyer bridge on it. Both of these from the Motive Studios segment.

10. Post #1530
    January 2015
    676 Posts
    Is there a tutorial on getting models from SWTOR somewhere?

11. Post #1531
    January 2016
    32 Posts
    Just because they are including the ST era in the game doesn't automatically mean the game will *only* include the ST era, which is what Red Comet was saying.

12. Post #1532

October 2015
    29 Posts

thanks in advance
    In Cinema 4D for the hair you need to apply the hair texture to the Alpha channel as well as the color channel. For the eyes change the mix mode to multiply and increase the brightness to about 400%.

13. Post #1533
    February 2016
    44 Posts
    I would love to use thouse animations in Battlefront 2 for my Bf3 mod :D

14. Post #1534

June 2015
    486 Posts
    I'll just quote what I said right here.

It will include content from 'the new movies', which is a vague term in general. But it's safe to say they will also include the GCW era as well, seeing as one of those 'new movies' takes place in it and they've said they will include 'everything' the original game has.
    "The New Movies" does not exclusively mean they will ONLY be including the Sequel Trilogy era: Rogue One is one of those "New Movies" and it's set firmly within the OT era, and given that they said they want to include everything they've done for the first game in the second, it's safe to say the OT era will have prominence as well.

I'm just hoping they include a sizeable amount of Rogue One content as well. Scarif needs an expansion desperately (who wanted to play in the Citadel, right? Nobody wanted to run down Charing Cross and steal the Death Star plans from within, right? And AT-ACTs as well) and I would love to see Eadu and Jedha maps. Ther's also a much-requested locale of Mos Eisley that should be in that game. Thankfully they have a wonderful benchmark to launch from, even if that benchmark should have been so much more.

15. Post #1535
    January 2016
    32 Posts
    I'll just quote what I said right here.

"The New Movies" does not exclusively mean they will ONLY be including the Sequel Trilogy era: Rogue One is one of those "New Movies" and it's set firmly within the OT era, and given that they said they want to include everything they've done for the first game in the second, it's safe to say the OT era will have prominence as well.

I'm just hoping they include a sizeable amount of Rogue One content as well. Scarif needs an expansion desperately (who wanted to play in the Citadel, right? Nobody wanted to run down Charing Cross and steal the Death Star plans from within, right? And AT-ACTs as well) and I would love to see Eadu and Jedha maps. Ther's also a much-requested locale of Mos Eisley that should be in that game. Thankfully they have a wonderful benchmark to launch from, even if that benchmark should have been so much more.
    Not sure if you were replying to me, but I was quoting Red Comet, not you.

16. Post #1536

June 2015
    486 Posts
    Not sure if you were replying to me, but I was quoting Red Comet, not you.
    A general reply seeing as there seemed to be a lot of people mistaking 'the new movies' as being exclusively the sequel trilogy.

17. Post #1537

January 2017
    5 Posts
    Hey, guy! Long time lurker.

I was wondering if there are any V-35 Courier Landspeeder and/or RGC Landspeeder models available. I know there's a V-35 from SWG but I don't know if there's an RGC model anywhere. 'Probably will have to make my own.

And if someone could upload the Beam Rifle from SWG too.

18. Post #1538
    October 2015
    175 Posts
    I ended up building my own model of the U-wing so I could custom texture it. There are two different versions of the hull (different engine intakes and an added spot for a lower nose turret) and three different paint jobs.
    Please also note that these models are my personal take on the U-wing and are not designed to be 100% screen accurate. Biggest difference is in the lower cockpit windows, of which I split the large main window into two smaller ones.

The models are about 9k polygons each, so they're good for RTS games or flight sims. The ship uses a single 2048^2 texture. Bump and Spec textures are not included. They are un-rigged and do not have an interior.

If you have an interest in using these ships, let me know and I'll link to where I have them uploaded.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

19. Post #1539
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    32,727 Posts
    Just because they are including the ST era in the game doesn't automatically mean the game will *only* include the ST era, which is what Red Comet was saying.
    I already said it was possible they could include the OT with it

20. Post #1540

January 2016
    9 Posts
    Could anyone render some assistance with some models from Star Wars Galaxies?

I have been extracting models from the game for some time now using the TRE Explorer and opening them with Ultimate Unwrap 3D Pro. However, most of the Corellian buildings, such as small houses, props, and just about every other Corellian structure, seem to lack UV maps on some of the faces, making them completely blank for some reason. I know for a fact that other faces seem to be mapped just fine as I can still apply the original textures to them normally, so this must be a problem with those faces specifically. Obviously the game maps textures to them somehow, so would anyone know exactly what the problem seems to be?

21. Post #1541
    February 2016
    44 Posts
    If someone want to see my version of the Free Radical tatooine buildings i made with 3D Coat here is the link for youtube video.

Thanks to Corra Ashu for releasing the Free Radical battlefront 3 Collision models to the public.They were the main starting point for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDgrcepmgQ8

The models are no more than 2 k polys so they will fit perfectly for my Battlefront 2 mod.

22. Post #1542
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,270 Posts
    Money and time.

Free Radical was able to add the clone wars era, and tons of new content to Battlefront 2 which was released a year after thr first 1

23. Post #1543
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    32,727 Posts
    Free Radical was able to add the clone wars era, and tons of new content to Battlefront 2 which was released a year after thr first 1
    Pandemic, not Free Radical. Free Radical was only Battlefront 3

You can't compare making a game now to making a game 12 years ago.

Technology has changed, things are way more detailed and take more time to make.

And that is a poor comparison, Battlefront 2 was built on top of an existing game, so they already had a lot of the programming already done, so it would go faster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1544

October 2016
    11 Posts
    I ended up building my own model of the U-wing so I could custom texture it. There are two different versions of the hull (different engine intakes and an added spot for a lower nose turret) and three different paint jobs.
    Please also note that these models are my personal take on the U-wing and are not designed to be 100% screen accurate. Biggest difference is in the lower cockpit windows, of which I split the large main window into two smaller ones.

The models are about 9k polygons each, so they're good for RTS games or flight sims. The ship uses a single 2048^2 texture. Bump and Spec textures are not included. They are un-rigged and do not have an interior.

If you have an interest in using these ships, let me know and I'll link to where I have them uploaded.

I would be interested for my Stellaris Mod ^^

25. Post #1545
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    32,727 Posts
    Anyone have a link to the X-Wing model from DICE's Battlefront?

26. Post #1546

October 2014
    180 Posts
    I can't seem to get the chunk/mesh files for Jabba's Palace... does the dumper script need to be adjusted to suit the DLC files in Battlefront?

27. Post #1547

May 2015
    105 Posts
    If you have an interest in using these ships, let me know and I'll link to where I have them uploaded
    Yes please mate :)

28. Post #1548
    October 2015
    175 Posts
    Rep_Uwing.rar has been added to my Google/Drive archive below:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...0E?usp=sharing

Don't forget to give credit if you use it. :)

29. Post #1549

October 2016
    11 Posts
    Rep_Uwing.rar has been added to my Google/Drive archive below:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...0E?usp=sharing

Don't forget to give credit if you use it. :)
    Thanks! and sure always do ^^, do you still working on the Venator and MC models?

30. Post #1550
    January 2012
    19 Posts
    I am unsure if these have been ripped from Battlefront2015 but I am looking for Rogue One ship sounds. Preferably ones which are loops or could easily be modified to loops. Could any of you great extractors please help me out with obtaining these?

Looking for these sounds:
    -Cargo Shuttle
    -Krennic Shuttle
    -Tie Striker
    -U-Wing

Please and Thank You!

31. Post #1551
    November 2015
    120 Posts

I would love to use these on my Scarif map! :D Thanks for the link!

Is there any way you could possibly make one with the door cut away?

32. Post #1552
    October 2015
    175 Posts
    I would love to use these on my Scarif map! :D Thanks for the link!

Is there any way you could possibly make one with the door cut away?
    It's not on my to-do list, but I could always give it a go. I'm not very good at interiors so it won't be very pretty. :(

33. Post #1553
    November 2015
    120 Posts
    It's not on my to-do list, but I could always give it a go. I'm not very good at interiors so it won't be very pretty. :(
    Oh just an open rectangular room would be fine, with a good texture could go a long way! :)

34. Post #1554
    February 2010
    729 Posts
    I have an OBJ with the parts seperated if you want it.

35. Post #1555
    November 2015
    120 Posts
    I have an OBJ with the parts seperated if you want it.
    Of these U-wings just posted?

36. Post #1556
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,270 Posts

These are awesome great job dude! One question though are the wings able to sweep back?

37. Post #1557

December 2011
    844 Posts
    The link to the BF3 models in the OP, is that all the BF3 models? Or are there more yet to be ripped?

38. Post #1558

December 2015
    39 Posts

Can u guys steer me in the right direction? im trying to fix this model of the Krayt dragon from Battlefront 3 but the texture... it doesnt seem to be correctly aligned :L

39. Post #1559
    November 2016
    283 Posts
    Does anyone have Battlefront's Tie Defender model?

40. Post #1560

February 2016
    39 Posts

Can u guys steer me in the right direction? im trying to fix this model of the Krayt dragon from Battlefront 3 but the texture... it doesnt seem to be correctly aligned :L

Hi.
    I think, you have mixed 2 different Textures.

Please Share the ready Model, Thanks.

Now itīs clear. Itīs one Texture.