1. Post #81
    January 2012
    120 Posts
    thank you corra_ashu for providing the female alderaan/bespin rebel skins. i forgot that the textures fits to the sand/forrest trooper.. anyway, here are some screenshots....

2. Post #82
    September 2011
    258 Posts

Got a giant-ass-metal-bound-camel-type-destruction-robot coming up. Not sure when it'll be done.

3. Post #83
    February 2014
    135 Posts

4. Post #84
    January 2012
    120 Posts
    i have made a quick retexture for the female bespin rebel soldier skin....

in case you like to have it....
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/m9...bel+Reskin.rar

5. Post #85
    September 2011
    258 Posts

Made some progress
    Can anyone script up an IK rig for it?

6. Post #86
    December 2015
    172 Posts
    Got a giant-ass-metal-bound-camel-type-destruction-robot coming up. Not sure when it'll be done.
    What is the source of that AT-AT model? Is it from SWBF2015? I think I remember reading that the UVs on that one were a bit scrambled. Very interested if you manage to either fix the UVs or extract an unscrambled version.

7. Post #87
    September 2011
    258 Posts
    What is the source of that AT-AT model? Is it from SWBF2015? I think I remember reading that the UVs on that one were a bit scrambled. Very interested if you manage to either fix the UVs or extract an unscrambled version.
    Yes, it's from Battlefront(2015).
    The UVs are scrambled in a sense.
    The body and chassi parts of the model use a different UV mapping to fit onto the texture.
    The first UV group is for the legs, feet, head, neck, detail parts, back, underbelly and cannons, and the second UV group is for the body and the chassi.
    I have no clue why they did this instead of fitting the whole thing onto one UV set, but they must have had their reasons.
    Also some parts didn't have specular and normal maps, so I had to craft them.

This use of UVs is more strange when you look at the fact that for starships one UV channel is for the color texture, and the other is for the normal map.

8. Post #88
    Dennab
    January 2014
    252 Posts
    I Know im probably real late, but i havent used Facepunch in awhile, but has anyone ripped any battlefront 2015 models? i've seen Luxox do it. but no Download links.

Mainly im looking for the Scout Trooper, the New Royal Guards the emporer has, and snow trooper. also the FP arms, any kind i can rig them myself! and E-11.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #89

October 2014
    177 Posts
    Could someone possibly throw the link up for the Greedo body and the Male and Female Rebel troopers? LOVE that hoody reskin you did there Rex!

10. Post #90
    October 2011
    57 Posts
    Sorry to pile on the requests, Corra_Ashu, but did you ever release the sounds for Dengar? Had a look back through the old thread but couldn't find any.

11. Post #91

February 2016
    34 Posts
    Hey guys, sorry to be a bother, I was wondering if someone could extract these models from SWTOR into obj for me? much love <3

12. Post #92
    January 2012
    120 Posts
    Sorry to pile on the requests, Corra_Ashu, but did you ever release the sounds for Dengar? Had a look back through the old thread but couldn't find any.
    he did release some characters soundfiles on his youtube channel....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xd5BNHm0dY

13. Post #93
    December 2015
    172 Posts
    Yes, it's from Battlefront(2015).
    The UVs are scrambled in a sense.
    The body and chassi parts of the model use a different UV mapping to fit onto the texture.
    The first UV group is for the legs, feet, head, neck, detail parts, back, underbelly and cannons, and the second UV group is for the body and the chassi.
    I have no clue why they did this instead of fitting the whole thing onto one UV set, but they must have had their reasons.
    Also some parts didn't have specular and normal maps, so I had to craft them.

This use of UVs is more strange when you look at the fact that for starships one UV channel is for the color texture, and the other is for the normal map.
    Would you be willing to share your model? None of the others I've D/L'd from these threads have a usable UV channel for the body, but yours appears to at least have the diffuse color texture mapped correctly.

14. Post #94
    Dennab
    January 2014
    252 Posts
    (I hope to god that no one has made this yet.)
    Look at this shit --->

He's fixed, hes just too damn heavy. any changes i should make to this? i dont really understand it yet.

Code:
    	$mass 0.0	$inertia 10.00
    	$damping 0.01
    	$rotdamping 1.50
    	$rootbone "pelvis"

15. Post #95
    nanomachines
    August 2013
    12,511 Posts
    Anyone had any luck getting the Twi'leks into Source?

16. Post #96
    Dennab
    January 2014
    252 Posts
    Anyone had any luck getting the Twi'leks into Source?
    I am working on the rebels right now. i've gotten a few aliens into Gmod.

Rodian, and a few others im to lazy to say their names

17. Post #97
    nanomachines
    August 2013
    12,511 Posts
    I am working on the rebels right now. i've gotten a few aliens into Gmod.

Rodian, and a few others im to lazy to say their names
    Any pics?

18. Post #98
    Dennab
    January 2014
    252 Posts
    Any pics?
    nope not yet lol. im trying to convert the mesh files. the Rodian was allready converted. but i downloaded the heads for the aliens and they're in .mesh/.chunk files, do you know how to convert it? Just noticed i said a few aliens. just 1 alien, and thats the rodian.

19. Post #99

June 2015
    462 Posts
    I don't suppose it's possible for somebody to rip low-res jump packs from SWBF?

20. Post #100
    November 2014
    72 Posts
    Okay so I may be a little late to this, but may I ask why the original thread is closed? Too much arguments and spam or just a post limit?

21. Post #101
    nanomachines
    August 2013
    12,511 Posts
    Okay so I may be a little late to this, but may I ask why the original thread is closed? Too much arguments and spam or just a post limit?
    Post limit reached.

22. Post #102

June 2015
    462 Posts
    Once a thread reaches 5000 posts (it got to about 5002) it gets locked. Sadly it seems a lot of the discussion and posting of models has decreased since.

23. Post #103
    January 2012
    1,080 Posts
    Once a thread reaches 5000 posts (it got to about 5002) it gets locked. Sadly it seems a lot of the discussion and posting of models has decreased since.
    The reason I haven't been contributing much any more is because I just don't have the motivation. My whole life has gone to hell over the past few weeks, and it's just squashed my enthusiasm for any kind of Star Wars and Star Trek fanart except for hand drawing.

24. Post #104

June 2015
    462 Posts
    Your stuff has been invaluable. Hope it gets better for you. I fully understand how you feel though - I've been there myself. Taking a break isn't a bad thing in that situation.

I would love to see other people ripping things from Battlefront and sharing here. I think somebody had started ripping stuff from the Tatooine map. I would personally love objects ripped from Imperial Hangar, Outpost Beta and Rebel Base so I can recreate those maps in the original games.

25. Post #105

July 2016
    22 Posts

Been working on it. its really broken. finger posing is just terrible. but ima upload it anyways for someone else to finish it.

26. Post #106
    October 2015
    87 Posts
    The reason I haven't been contributing much any more is because I just don't have the motivation. My whole life has gone to hell over the past few weeks, and it's just squashed my enthusiasm for any kind of Star Wars and Star Trek fanart except for hand drawing.
    FleetAdmiral1 my friend, I know and is run out of motivation. The country where I live, Brazil, has never been very good, but now through one of its worst crises. The economy, health, education and security are bankrupt and resection is huge. For this reason, I have no motivation to devote to other things that are strictly necessary.

27. Post #107
    January 2012
    1,080 Posts
    FleetAdmiral1 my friend, I know and is run out of motivation. The country where I live, Brazil, has never been very good, but now through one of its worst crises. The economy, health, education and security are bankrupt and resection is huge. For this reason, I have no motivation to devote to other things that are strictly necessary.
    What really turned me off to Star Wars models specifically was all that controversy and all the hoopla about Battlefront. I'm happy to use the models and am okay with playing the games but in no way do I want to participate officially in its fan community anymore. It's because I just haven't had a good experience with the Battlefrontians, I've had several bad experiences now with certain people in that group, heck one of them caused the first Battlefront models thread to go limp. And blamed me for it.

28. Post #108

June 2015
    462 Posts
    Is that to do with the first SWBF3 thread? I remember a huge shitstorm going down there and it almost happened in V2. This isn't the kind of place for that, it's a place where we can share models and resources. Just know there are plenty of us grateful for your efforts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #109

July 2016
    22 Posts

Having problems with the phymodel. not sure how to explain it. its just... messed up. any way to fix? i've remade the phymodel completely, still same thing on same hand -.-

30. Post #110
    November 2014
    72 Posts

Having problems with the phymodel. not sure how to explain it. its just... messed up. any way to fix? i've remade the phymodel completely, still same thing on same hand -.-
    Use Valve's physmodel as a base and just edit it to fit the Rebel model.

31. Post #111

July 2016
    22 Posts
    Use Valve's physmodel as a base and just edit it to fit the Rebel model.
    Thanks ill do this, It's still messed up. i think im going to have to re-rig it. Also, should i NOT use a Biped as the rig? i just renamed the bones.

32. Post #112
    November 2014
    72 Posts
    Thanks ill do this, It's still messed up. i think im going to have to re-rig it. Also, should i NOT use a Biped as the rig? i just renamed the bones.
    Use my First Order Stormtroopers as a reference if needed. I personally reshape the model to fit the Valve skeleton because I have seen the best results from doing this. There will be a link down below. If you want the model to be a NPC and Playermodel, you need to make sure that your bones are ValveBiped. Load up the Stormtroopers or any Half-Life 2 character model and you will know what I am talking about.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=603069261

33. Post #113

July 2016
    22 Posts
    Use my First Order Stormtroopers as a reference if needed. I personally reshape the model to fit the Valve skeleton because I have seen the best results from doing this. There will be a link down below. If you want the model to be a NPC and Playermodel, you need to make sure that your bones are ValveBiped. Load up the Stormtroopers or any Half-Life 2 character model and you will know what I am talking about.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=603069261
    Allright, thanks man

34. Post #114

July 2016
    22 Posts
    Just rigged the FP Arms of the Stormtrooper. ima do the rebels / the rest of the FP Arms in the Future, and combine them all in 1 RAR file. if you have 3ds max thats lower than 2014, you're out of luck. 3DS Max 2017 only goes down to 2014. im not exporting to a different thing. too lazy too.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/10...ormTrooper.rar

35. Post #115
    January 2012
    1,080 Posts
    Is that to do with the first SWBF3 thread? I remember a huge shitstorm going down there and it almost happened in V2. This isn't the kind of place for that, it's a place where we can share models and resources. Just know there are plenty of us grateful for your efforts.
    It does have to do with those things, well that and I was really disappointed with the game itself, the EA version. I wish I had the enthusiasm to progress those efforts more for you guys but non of the current Star Wars games interest me, and the only models I wanted to work on were based on the franchise of which CBS decided to be stupid.

Yes my fanart idea used models and other assets, and lore, from the two Scifi giants but my idea for them was something completely new. And now I look at the idea and want to take it a step further and have it be completely original. Still hold onto the old idea in case the CBS guidelines get revoked or revised but yeah. For now the models I provided you all with and was going to provide, for me personally, are a stepping stone, opening my eyes to doing something entirely my own.

36. Post #116
    December 2015
    172 Posts

Well that's a much more detailed Star Destroyer then we've previously from EA/DICE. Let's just hope it's extractable. I'm also hopeful that the TIE/Advanced that's visible in the video cover still will also be part of the DLC.

37. Post #117
    December 2015
    13 Posts
    Hey, anyone planning on making the Death Troopers? :3

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    32,344 Posts
    Hey, anyone planning on making the Death Troopers? :3

The 4th Battlefront DLC is Rogue One themed, they might have them in it.

39. Post #119

February 2016
    34 Posts
    Hey guys, sorry to be a bother, I was wondering if someone could extract these models from SWTOR into obj for me? much love <3

Is it possible for anyone to be able to extract these to obj?

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    32,344 Posts
    Trial on Tatooine is out on Steam for free. It is that VR/Vive only game ILM made. It is Unreal Engine 4 and the files are stored in a .pak format file.

No sure if the models would be worth ripping or not.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=381940
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)