View Poll Results: FP PREDICTS: Which side do you think will win the EU referendum?

Voters
1114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain win, with 52% or more of the vote

544 48.83%
  • Remain win, with less than 52% of the vote

260 23.34%
  • Leave win, with less than 52% of the vote

107 9.61%
  • Leave win, with 52% or more of the vote

80 7.18%
  • Don't know

123 11.04%
  1. Post #1121
    HEY GUYS, DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE'S A NEW STEAMGROUP FOR PLAYING HALF-LIFE 1 AND 2 DEATHMATCH WITH OTHER FACEPUNCHERS?? WE USUALLY PLAY GAMES A COUPLE TIMES A WEEK AND IF YOU JOIN OUR STEAM GROUP WE'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE'RE PLAYING!! CLICK HERE TO JOIN!
    Dennab
    April 2007
    10,941 Posts
    Does the fact that it is democratic make the result of that referendum the best possible thing for the country? Fuck no-
    Well good thing its not binding and means fuck all?

it's based on uneducated public opinion and media campaigns, not expert opinion and discussion of the actual issues.
    You mean just like this market reaction? :~)

Representatives meet with experts to advise them on issues.
    Read: meet with lobbyists who tell them how to vote.

The average voter doesn't bother to even look up what the experts think. Bad representatives who ignore experts are as bad as the general public. I'm an American, I'm familiar with bad reps.
    My flagdog is working, right? Welcome to the real world where that is a great many elected officials!

Yes, a referendum is democratic, sure. It being democratic doesn't mean it's the smartest and most beneficial decision for the country.
    See: it means fuck all.

Also doesn't your argument fall apart when
    - The public will always vote incorrectly
    - The public votes to elect officials
    - Ergo the public will always elect the wrong officials

Sounds like you just want a benevolent dictator tbh. I'm sure they're in the same fantasy world as the surplus of competent elected officials.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

2. Post #1122
    I do it all
    November 2010
    20,012 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Australia Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

3. Post #1123
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    34,615 Posts
    When does the exit go into effect?

4. Post #1124
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    16,611 Posts
    please stay Cameron
    Cameron is gone, it's over for him this was too big of an embarrassment. Time for Emperor Boris

5. Post #1125
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,340 Posts
    So now that GB is separate from the EU, do you guys start calling yourselves Atlantic Islanders instead of Europeans now or what
    Same thing we've always called ourselves.

The best, around.

6. Post #1126
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    July 2010
    22,818 Posts
    my smile and optimistism is gone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 5 (list)

7. Post #1127
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    16,611 Posts
    Two years from now. So at least people have two years to escape.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

8. Post #1128
    Jsm
    "Belgium is pretty much a non-country"
    June 2006
    8,587 Posts
    At some point in the future.

9. Post #1129
    October 2014
    545 Posts
    I spent four years campaigning for this, I'm overwhelmed by emotion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

10. Post #1130
    I do it all
    November 2010
    20,012 Posts
    do remember tho, its highly unlikely an early election will be called, if anything he will step down from his post as leader of the party and the party room will hold an election to elect a new leader from the conservatives

11. Post #1131
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    32,001 Posts
    the pound is now worth $1.30

oh dear.....

12. Post #1132
    this link changes
    April 2012
    6,845 Posts
    What if Scotland tries another leave-UK referendum and joins the EU

13. Post #1133
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    5,350 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)

14. Post #1134
    Jsm
    June 2006
    8,587 Posts
    Two years from now. So at least people have two years to escape.
    That is only after article 50 is invoked (unless the EU kick us out before then..), Cameron set no time line on that happening.

15. Post #1135
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    8,740 Posts
    What's UKIP gonna do now that they've accomplished their goal of leaving the EU?

16. Post #1136
    HEY GUYS, DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE'S A NEW STEAMGROUP FOR PLAYING HALF-LIFE 1 AND 2 DEATHMATCH WITH OTHER FACEPUNCHERS?? WE USUALLY PLAY GAMES A COUPLE TIMES A WEEK AND IF YOU JOIN OUR STEAM GROUP WE'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE'RE PLAYING!! CLICK HERE TO JOIN!
    Dennab
    April 2007
    10,941 Posts
    Is the UK really fucked as everyone says it is or are people just being majorly overdramatic?
    Overly dramatic. Especially the markets. This is how the markets react to everything. Also people don't know what dip in the market even means. It doesn't mean the market thinks this was the wrong decision, it just means its a little scared because the status quo is changing. It has zero idea if this change is good or bad; it just knows there's change and acts conservatively by assuming bad.

17. Post #1137
    Dennab
    February 2010
    6,792 Posts

Have fun importing now

(Seriously though the lowering of the pound is fucking up a lot of the worth of other currencies like pesos and yen. Shit is pretty messed up)

18. Post #1138
    August 2013
    4,114 Posts
    Man this is history

Massive fuck up imo, especially on Camerons part

19. Post #1139
    Gold Member
    February 2013
    1,780 Posts
    RIP EU and the global economy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

20. Post #1140
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    1,960 Posts
    the pound is now worth $1.30

oh dear.....
    Dear lord what a plummet.

And leave hasn't even officially won yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Australia Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)

21. Post #1141
    Gold Member

July 2009
    4,291 Posts
    im crying. we are gonna be poor. oh fuck oh fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 52 (list)

22. Post #1142
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,953 Posts
    It will take about 2 years to get through the leaving process.

BUT while we go through that 2 years we dont get to vote on any EU policies but have to follow them.

23. Post #1143
    July 2013
    280 Posts
    well this is lame, they should make you sit a short factual test before you're allowed to vote
    Take it from an American. That doesn't work out so well...

Jim Crow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 5 (list)

24. Post #1144
    Dennab
    April 2007
    10,941 Posts
    well this is lame, they should make you sit a short factual test before you're allowed to vote
    People who disagree with me must be fucking dumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 10 (list)

25. Post #1145

July 2013
    8,537 Posts
    Leave needs 800,000.

26. Post #1146
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,953 Posts
    I spent four years campaigning for this, I'm overwhelmed by emotion.
    As someone who has campaigned for so long you must have some good reasons. What were your main reasons for wanting to leave the EU.

Im not going to argue against your reasons but maybe i missed something great that we could get from leaving the EU.

27. Post #1147
    Jsm
    June 2006
    8,587 Posts
    Leave needs 800,000.
    We are really at Bernie Sanders levels now aren't we. We can do this right, right guys????
    (On the side of Remain that is)

28. Post #1148

August 2015
    268 Posts
    Good bye EU, possibly good bye Scotland. It's all fair that the leave side are happy now, but what about future plans? David Cameron doesn't really seem to know what to do, and to be honest, I don't think our government is strong enough to combat such a challenge as being separate from the EU (though, I guess that is pretty pessimistic). It is an incredibly disappointing result, however, as long as members from both sides are willing to pull together and work together, hopefully we will have a secure plan in how this country moves forward.

29. Post #1149
    Dennab
    October 2007
    26,022 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

30. Post #1150
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    5,439 Posts
    im crying. we are gonna be poor. oh fuck oh fuck.
    "HOYL FUCK THEY'RE VOTING ^_^
    Edit:

oh shit, it really says they voted Leave. Im so fucked

Edit:

im crying. we are gonna be poor. oh fuck oh fuck i need to email David Cameron and demand a recount"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Starred Starred x 12 (list)

31. Post #1151
    Dennab
    October 2007
    26,022 Posts
    And here it comes

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

32. Post #1152
    To be honest I don't know anything about European or UK politics at all so I have no idea how to react to this or what the ramifications are but I'm gathering that everyone is either completely fucked or totally fine

33. Post #1153
    ( Y )ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)
    March 2005
    15,871 Posts
    How long before this is legit sold in UK shops?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Starred Starred x 26 (list)

34. Post #1154
    Dennab
    October 2007
    26,022 Posts
    HOLD ON GUYS, the superdelegates DO NOT VOTE until 25 July - we can still win this!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 41 (list)

35. Post #1155
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    1,960 Posts
    Xenophobia and bigotry prevail once more. Another proud moment in human history.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Australia Show Events Starred Starred x 10 (list)

36. Post #1156

July 2013
    8,537 Posts
    How long before this is legit sold in UK shops?

A bowl of brexit a day keeps Merkel away.

Thank you based nige.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 8 (list)

37. Post #1157

July 2013
    178 Posts
    Uk should become the 51st state of the USA now, that will fix their economy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

38. Post #1158
    April 2010
    1,089 Posts
    I guess I should get ready to buy some pounds and wait for it to go back up in value again

39. Post #1159
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    7,671 Posts
    If there's nothing else good to take away from it, at least we got this:
    Fuck george osborne and fuck david cameron. On to the next humongous pair of cunts.

40. Post #1160
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,896 Posts
    I wonder how big of a factor the British tabloids are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Denmark Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)