1. Post #1761
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    784 Posts
    The new CFN PC Beta Test will start on 3/28 at 1pm PST and will end on 4/3 at 12pm PST. It will be limited to Steam users only, but will be completely FREE to play for both current and new players.
    good to know we paid $60 for the alpha test, and now we're getting a FREE upgrade into beta!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #1762
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    13,926 Posts
    good to know we paid $60 for the alpha test, and now we're getting a FREE upgrade into beta!
    Yeah, Street Fighter Alpha wasn't even a good game!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

3. Post #1763
    August 2014
    4,863 Posts
    Netcode please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #1764
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,300 Posts
    Newest Injustice 2 story trailer. This one gives us a glimpse of the returning Black Adam.

Nice to see they're finally honoring Jebailey by putting him in a game.

5. Post #1765
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    4,198 Posts
    Netcode please
    sorry but I don't think the canary on the keyboard capcom has employed knows how to fix the netcode

6. Post #1766
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    784 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #1767
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,831 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

8. Post #1768
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,300 Posts

9. Post #1769
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    13,926 Posts
    Why do tourneys turn off the music?

10. Post #1770
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,300 Posts
    Why do tourneys turn off the music?
    I think this crew did it so they could add their shit music to the replays while still having sound.
    They've been using 1 track for in between segments and 1 track while ads are running, and both are pretty awful.

11. Post #1771
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    2,573 Posts
    The Street Fighter V CFN Beta is now up

http://store.steampowered.com/app/593880

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

12. Post #1772
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    5,573 Posts
    Lmao Cammy's airgrab. There's no way an actual animator greenlit that.

13. Post #1773
    August 2014
    4,863 Posts
    The Street Fighter V CFN Beta is now up

http://store.steampowered.com/app/593880

Edited:

What is happening to Zangief's arm. Oh my god Cammy, what the hell

14. Post #1774
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,091 Posts
    Hey guys, it's a Beta, I'm sure they'll fix it when it releases.
       Just like they've fixed everything else, am I right?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

15. Post #1775
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    13,926 Posts
    Lmao Cammy's airgrab. There's no way an actual animator greenlit that.
    They're on loan from Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Sorry, low-hanging fruit.

16. Post #1776
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,862 Posts
    The beta is completely unplayable for me. I waited 10 minutes in both ranked and casual matchmaking with least strict filters possible for nothing, and battle lounges straight up dont work. The two players ready, then the player on the bottom fails to move on to character select or the match and it boots the other player back to the lobby where they try again (and it still won't work).

17. Post #1777
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,300 Posts
    Cammy trying to be Heidern
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #1778
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    4,198 Posts

capcom salvaging the reputation of street fighter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #1779
    January 2010
    1,718 Posts
    It's pretty crappy that i can't even go in training mode and try characters/moves/combos if the servers are down, expecially since this maintenance schedule is horrible for EU players (It's 10 am here atm, and i'll have to wait 10 hours before i can even try the game!)

20. Post #1780
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    19,808 Posts
    It's pretty crappy that i can't even go in training mode and try characters/moves/combos if the servers are down, expecially since this maintenance schedule is horrible for EU players (It's 10 am here atm, and i'll have to wait 10 hours before i can even try the game!)
    I thought you could? Just nothing will save.

21. Post #1781
    January 2010
    1,718 Posts
    I thought you could? Just nothing will save.
    I'm in the menu, and everything's locked except for the options menu and the player card screen

22. Post #1782
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    19,808 Posts
    I'm in the menu, and everything's locked except for the options menu and the player card screen
    I genuinely recall having access to singleplayer content while the servers were down. Would be sad if they changed that lol

23. Post #1783
    January 2010
    1,718 Posts
    I think they locked the singleplayer content for this beta since they want people to just play online in order to stress test their servers, but jeez atleast give me the traininig mode, how am i supposed to like and buy your game if can't even try it and do what i want?

24. Post #1784
    January 2012
    1,785 Posts
    -oops wrong thread nvm-

Edited:

Oh hey

Was it ever going to be anyone else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

25. Post #1785
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,972 Posts
    Well i've been messing with SFV's CFN beta briefly.
    Apparently beta players can either unwittingly fling themselves into Battle Lounges with full game players or the saves carry over so they can select their characters, because I saw level 40s fighting eachother and noped on out of there. At least I won my first match, but a PS4 controller feels weird for this.

26. Post #1786
    January 2012
    1,084 Posts

captain cold and scarecrow look dope   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

27. Post #1787
    January 2012
    1,785 Posts

captain cold and scarecrow look dope   
    Their voices are pretty great

I also love that amidst all the improvements they've been making to the faces in this game they seem to have put a lot of effort into making Gorilla Grodd's face better

28. Post #1788
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    2,573 Posts
    Thanks to Steam and Crunchyroll you can now gift this to your opponent after a brutal beatdown.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

29. Post #1789
    January 2012
    1,084 Posts
    Fun fact: Scarecrow's VA in Injustice 2 is none other than Robert Englund, the original Freddy Krueger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #1790
    January 2010
    1,718 Posts
    Do you think SF5 is a game worth getting? It's 50% off in the Anime Sale, i've finally managed to play it yesterday and seems like a fun game, not something i'd go competitive though, but i've been having fun with some friends. That said i can't really tell why it's getting mixed reviews aside for the weird F2p-like grind or buy system because it's basically my first ever Street Fighter (I've just played a bit of SF4 during the free weekend last year).

31. Post #1791
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,740 Posts
    Thanks to Steam and Crunchyroll you can now gift this to your opponent after a brutal beatdown.
    what is it? it's not available for me

32. Post #1792
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,300 Posts
    Do you think SF5 is a game worth getting? It's 50% off in the Anime Sale, i've finally managed to play it yesterday and seems like a fun game, not something i'd go competitive though, but i've been having fun with some friends. That said i can't really tell why it's getting mixed reviews aside for the weird F2p-like grind or buy system because it's basically my first ever Street Fighter (I've just played a bit of SF4 during the free weekend last year).
    If you have a good connection with whoever you're playing with, then it's fine. But if its a bad connection, the roll backs start up and you get shit like this.

This shit netcode is, to my knowledge, why it gets most of the bad reviews. Along with there still being serious bugs and all the visual garbage such as the clipping.
    It's a solid game locally, so long as you don't mind the thumbs up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #1793
    April 2013
    9,483 Posts
    what is it? it's not available for me
    It's that anime called "Free!", it's on Steam now.
    Quite a few animes were added on Steam yesterday.

34. Post #1794
    DO YOU SLAP THE IMOUTO?YES/NO
    August 2010
    5,405 Posts
    If you have a good connection with whoever you're playing with, then it's fine. But if its a bad connection, the roll backs start up and you get shit like this.

This shit netcode is, to my knowledge, why it gets most of the bad reviews. Along with there still being serious bugs and all the visual garbage such as the clipping.
    It's a solid game locally, so long as you don't mind the thumbs up.
    Shit like that can be one-sided too, I once had a match much worse than this but for some reason the opponent was doing full combos like as if nothing was going on. It's the netcode more than anything else that draws the most anger out of me.

At this point I've just given up playing the game until they do a major update or add a character that fits me better. Urien is still fun, I just want someone better.

35. Post #1795
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,300 Posts
    Most of it is one sided as far as I know.
    There was a thing with PC a while back where if you alt tabbed you could flip the desync back on your opponent so you would be teleporting instead. No idea if that was ever fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #1796
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #1797
    January 2012
    1,785 Posts
    Fun fact: Scarecrow's VA in Injustice 2 is none other than Robert Englund, the original Freddy Krueger.
    Is that confirmed? I've been seeing people say that, and that's whats on Imdb, but has there been an official confirmation?

It definitely sounds like him

Edit: Nvm, found some confirmation

38. Post #1798
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,831 Posts
    About an hour of Kazunoko Answer gameplay in Rev2

39. Post #1799
    January 2012
    1,785 Posts

Arika April Fool's video

You know, I guessed a while ago that the last SFV silhouette was Garuda, and that model looks pretty good...

Edited:

Something about the animations and lighting remind me a lot of new Killer Instinct actually

Huh, apparently the game is real and the April Fool's "joke" is that they hid that they were working on this

...Okay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #1800
    October 2015
    5,879 Posts

Arika April Fool's video

You know, I guessed a while ago that the last SFV silhouette was Garuda, and that model looks pretty good...

Edited:

Something about the animations and lighting remind me a lot of new Killer Instinct actually

Huh, apparently the game is real and the April Fool's "joke" is that they hid that they were working on this

...Okay
    I swear if this isn't a real game I'm going to cry. Stop toying with my feelings ARIKA.

Edited:

Also Max made a video about it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)