1. Post #201
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,156 Posts
    Every now and then I try to make art again, even though it's not my wheelhouse, and every time I get a little better :)

Maybe I'll actually make it to the face this time? Trying to make a character like Link.

EDIT:
    Page king, have chatrooms for Melee Online

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #202
    Dennab
    October 2015
    1,504 Posts
    That's a pretty inconvenient tweet.
    It doesn't show at all what kind of game this is and there's no Play Store link (or App-link QR code, but that's rather optional I guess).

Twitter has a function to let you install apps directly-ish via some kind of widget too, but I'm not sure whether that applies here or how easy that is to set up.
    I honestly have never used twitter before, ever.

is it even possible to edit a tweet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    6,251 Posts
    I'm working on an RPG/roguelike right now, to give a more bare-bones way of implementing my dreams of a creating gameplay from real-esque systems. Like cellular automata to simulate police presence, player/NPC run stores that have to file taxes, simulated computer that control systems of objects in the world like managing elevators, and other shit like that

Last summer I was reading the Dao De Jing, researching the Role-Context paradigm of programming, and studying real objects trying to distill a way to represent them that captured their place in the world and their interactions in a way that was a mixture of data and code, and I ended up writing all this pseudo-notation/code to try to work out what the notation/code would require:
    Code:
    CONTEXT LANGUAGE SPECIFICATION + EXAMPLE ATTEMPT
    	- is Component/Property
    	+ is Interface
    	& is Consequent
    	Objects:
    	Waterbottle:Object (an IMPLEMENTATION, not a definition)
    		-Material:Steel
    		-Container:Object
    			-Contents:Liquid
    			-Mix[Water:100]
    			-Amount:0.45L
    			-Capacity:0.5L
    			-Opening:*Neck
    			&Waterbottle.Thread
    				Opening:Null
    			&Waterbottle.Unthread
    				Opening:*Neck
    		-Neck:Object
    			-Material:Steel
    			-Threading:Object
    				-Threadable:True
    				-Partner:Cap.Threading
    		-Cap:Object
    			-Material:Plastic
    			-Threading:Object
    				-Partner:*Neck.Threading
    	Cup:Object
    		-Material:Ceramic
    			-Contents:Liquid
    			-Mix:[Milk:95,ChocolateSyrup:5] (I'll get this sorted eventually)
    			-Amount:0.24L
    			-Capacity:0.25L
    			-Opening:*Top
    		-Top:Object
    			-Material:Air
    			-Diameter:3in
    	Pen:Object
    		-Toggled:False
    		-Inkwell:Object
    			-Contains:Liquid
    			-Mix:[Ink:100]
    			-Amount:10ml
    			-Capacity:10ml
    		-WritingTip:Object
    			-Source:*Inkwell

Contexts:
    	- is a Role
    	Context:
    		-Role
    			-Property:Value (if value is a type, any instance is accepted, or a specific instance can be required)
    		-Role
    	LiquidTransfer:Context
    		-Rate:Number
    		-Source:Object
    			-Amount:Number->(Number - Rate)
    			-Opening:Object
    			-HoldsLiquid:!False (only requires that HoldsLiquid is not EXPLICITLY false)
    		-Destination:Object
    			-Amount:Number->(Number + Rate)
    			-Opening:Object
    			-HoldsLiquid:!False
    	Threaded:Context
    		-Male:Object
    			-Partner:Female
    		-Female:Object
    			-Partner:Male (this requires some syntax to indicate that it's talking about an Object playing another role in the same context)
    	Thread:Context
    			-Partner:Null->Female
    			-Partner:Null->Male
    		+Threaded (what is this)
    	Unthread:Context
    			-Partner:Female->Null
    			-Partner:Male->Null
    	Waterbottle:Context
    		-Material:Object
    			-Hard
    			-Opening:Neck
    		-Neck:Object
    				-Hard
    		~Cap:Object (~ means the role is optional)
    				-Hard
    	Drink:Context
    		+LiquidTransfer
    			-Rate:50ml/s
    			-Destination:*Mouth
    	Write:Context
    			-
    		-Destination:Object
    				-Slick:!True
    So it's kind of like a component system, but also trying to use the Role-Context paradigm such that the line between Role and Context is blurred and anything can fill a role or be a context that contains roles or both at the same time to create some kind of tree structure

So I'm gonna try to actually implement this style/paradigm or something similar for defining objects in the game world for my RPG. I'm guessing it'll end up being like a mish-mash of concepts from components and OOP and mixins and prototyping that will hopefully be effective for its purpose

Edited:

Looking at this again more thoroughly, it seems that I decided Contexts are like events, that pattern-match Roles, and then alter what matched to "do" the event
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #204
    August 2009
    437 Posts
    This is a pretty weird structure to walk around in. I'm gonna implement some lighting next. The F's are moving forward and backward according to world's axes, and the cubes are moving in their own forward direction.
    The recorder messed with the framerate :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    July 2009
    1,505 Posts
    goldsrc engine you motherfucker why do you have READ_FLOAT but not WRITE_FLOAT, making me do c++ bullshit first time in my life

Code:
    #define WRITE_LONG		(*g_engfuncs.pfnWriteLong)
    inline void WRITE_FLOAT( float value ) { WRITE_LONG( ( ( *( int * ) &value ) ) ); }
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,195 Posts
    goldsrc engine you motherfucker why do you have READ_FLOAT but not WRITE_FLOAT, making me do c++ bullshit first time in my life

Code:
    #define WRITE_LONG		(*g_engfuncs.pfnWriteLong)
    inline void WRITE_FLOAT( float value ) { WRITE_LONG( ( ( *( int * ) &value ) ) ); }
    Uh what? You can just cast the float to an int.

Code:
    inline void WRITE_FLOAT(float value) {
        WRITE_LONG((int)value);
    }
    Edited:

Duh nevermind, stupid of me, my brain spazzed out
    Casting a float directly to an int will round it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Croatia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    July 2009
    1,505 Posts
    Uh what? You can just cast the float to an int.

Code:
    inline void WRITE_FLOAT(float value) {
        WRITE_LONG((int)value);
    }
    I need to keep the fractional part while still being available to send the float using the engine callback, casting it easy way will ditch the fractional part.

I can keep it if I interpret raw float data as int, and then send that int not even caring that it doesn't look like original float value or anything.

Edited:

oh okay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,584 Posts

No, but people aren't gonna get mad at you for deleting a tweet and posting a revised version if it's something like this and you don't do it too often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,467 Posts

No, despite being one of the most requested features for years. Here's some additional advice:

- When you post a hopefully fixed version, make sure to add some transparency to disable lossy compression. One pixel is enough afaik.
    - There are link services that can route your QR code to different places based on the user agent string, so you can have it lead to the App Store on iOS, to the Play Store on Android and to a selection page on PC. I don't know which are reliable enough to use commercially though.
    - Use a landscape image so it won't get cut off in the timeline (or treat the centre as screen safe area and add auxiliary information in the rest of it, for example placing QR codes into the lower area but having the caption for them just above the cutoff point styled in a way that looks like a 'drawer' menu when not expanded). Buffer's Pablo can give you the exact ratio/dimensions you need for it to look good on a given platform.

I also suggest posting it here first if you want some criticism before posting it to Twitter, but considering how high-volume Twitter is, bad tweets probably just get flushed away without much consequence anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

10. Post #210

Frosty ❄️ Member

July 2010
    12,494 Posts
    Learning the basics of encryption

1 pass, three passes, and six passes respectively.

Edited:

What's the "proper" way to generate and store a salt?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Show Events

11. Post #211
    December 2011
    2,774 Posts
    Just choose something random that isn't common and store it next to the hash

The only thing you need to worry about with salts is that there is no lookup/rainbow table for hashes with that salt, length and stuff really shouldn't matter as long as password + salt doesn't result in a new dictionary word and you use a proper hashing algorithm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #212
    March 2014
    6,421 Posts
    I installed Lua fun and I swear Ive got a serious thing for funtional code. It, like, I should admit its less readable but fuck it, it turns me on or something

Like, probably the first one is better practice but I just want the latter:

Code:
        for _,entity in pairs(self.entities) do
          for _,system in pairs(self.systems) do
            if entity.active then system(entity, dt) end
          end
        end
    Code:
        each(function(k,v) for _,sys in pairs(self.systems) do sys(v, dt) end end, 
          filter(function(k,v) return v.active end, self.entities))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,822 Posts
    I installed Lua fun and I swear Ive got a serious thing for funtional code. It, like, I should admit its less readable but fuck it, it turns me on or something

Like, probably the first one is better practice but I just want the latter:

Code:
          end
        end
    Code:
        each(function(k,v) for _,sys in pairs(self.systems) do sys(v, dt) end end, 
          filter(function(k,v) return v.active end, self.entities))
    Sometimes functional code is more readable, like well written LINQ statements. But I do find most functional code comes at the cost of readability for anything beyond something simple like

var activeEntPositions = ents.Where(ent => ent.Active).Select(ent => ent.Pos)

So a question to someone who writes in purely functional languages like F#: does it get easier to read functional code over time, or do you reach a point where everyone struggles just the same? Because I certainly wouldn't be able to make sense of that latter example very easily, if the former wasn't there!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #214
    August 2009
    1,688 Posts
    This kinda crosses between EE and WAYWO but I'll put it here because of the programming I'm doing at the moment. I've managed to cross compile a module for the Raspberry Pi compute module so yay. Linux kernel module development is absolutely awful compared to Windows driver development as far as I can tell, so much harder to set up cross compilation... Need to write a driver to control the display as I'm currently using an MSP430 to configure it correctly, and then a driver to interface over I2C with the MSP430 for other functionality. I could do both in userspace but the MSP430 needs to act as an input device, and the display driver needs to be up ASAP. I guess I could have the MSP430 control the display, but that means a failed MSP430 firmware upgrade would stop the display working (plan is to program the MSP430 with OpenOCD from the Raspberry Pi GPIO), making any errors hard to debug. So the plan is to have the module either built into the kernel ultimately, or in an initramfs.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Programming King Programming King x 2 (list)

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,256 Posts
    Managed to get GWEN working alongside NV:MP.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,156 Posts
    OH SHIT I MADE IT TO THE HEAD

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    3,298 Posts
    So... any of you guys know a good resource on developing decent touch controls?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Brazil Show Events

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,743 Posts

i've been modeling for years and sir...I couldn't never create a good head model and feel proud of it, my congratulations, save this head model...SAVE IT AND USE EVERYWHERE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    July 2009
    1,505 Posts
    oi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,085 Posts

Wheres the rest of the scalp did someone lobotomize him?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,156 Posts
    Wheres the rest of the scalp did someone lobotomize him?
    I had planned on giving him a Dragon Quest VII-style cap from the get-go:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    14,808 Posts

For some stupid reason it's not recognizing the SE bounding box.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    July 2014
    3,986 Posts
    What is SE?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Chrome Slovenia Show Events

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    14,808 Posts
    South Eastern
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #225
    July 2014
    3,986 Posts
    South Eastern
    Yeah I do see it now.

Probably not checking that box, check enumeration.. or post code
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Chrome Slovenia Show Events

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    14,808 Posts
    Oops, was just the SE box overlapping another box.

I want to do this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnes...Hut_simulation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Programming King Programming King x 2 (list)

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2008
    6,828 Posts
    Game development coming along very slowly. Hard to manage time between work (I work 10-11 hour shifts), teaching myself linear algebra, and personal time. I do have a lot of ideas in my head for the game part though. I want to write multiple campaigns using the same characters to tell a different story, but have one true campaign
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,177 Posts
    Sometimes functional code is more readable, like well written LINQ statements. But I do find most functional code comes at the cost of readability for anything beyond something simple like

var activeEntPositions = ents.Where(ent => ent.Active).Select(ent => ent.Pos)

So a question to someone who writes in purely functional languages like F#: does it get easier to read functional code over time, or do you reach a point where everyone struggles just the same? Because I certainly wouldn't be able to make sense of that latter example very easily, if the former wasn't there!
    Well, first of all, any language that requires you to write "function" every time you want to declare one, kind of makes the whole thing sucky.
    As for the readability, if you have to "wire things up" in a non-trivial way (multiple parameters shared by multiple functions, only some parts of the result being passed down the pipeline, etc...) then you'd break things down more. Assign variables, deconstruct intermediate results and so on. But, depending on your domain, a huge percentage of problems isn't like this. Especially when you actually start thinking in terms of pipelines you're constructing. Things like loops and if statements burn into your brain that to define an operation on some data you have to combine both "how do I get my inputs" (loops), "what I do with them" and "what do I do with the results of my operation" (because it's inconveniently only available in the current loops scope, so it's the easiest to just use it there).

A functional approach breaks those things up. It lets you describe operations and it let's you combine those OPERATIONS into other operations. You don't need to name new parameters if you just use predefined pipes.

For example, the given code

Code:
          end
        end
    This is how I'd write it in a functional style
    Code:
    mapM_ system (filter (active . fst) ((,) <$> entities <*> systems))
    (excuse the `(,) <$> entities <*> systems` part, it's pretty idiomatic in Haskell, but you could as well define a Cartesian product function somewhere else that does the same thing)

Notice that I don't name a single variable in there. It's just operations. mapM_ is the equivalent of a foreach that doesn't side-effects, so this reads "do 'system' to all the pairs that have an active first member, which are generated from all combinations of entities and systems".

To me there's no "translating into loops" in my head when I read that. I can simply see what it's doing. It also makes it very easy to use more "mathematical" knowledge to change things in your code.
    I know that if I filter pair based only on one of their elements, I can apply the same filter directly to the collection from which I generated those pairs, so the equivalent expression would be
    Code:
    mapM_ system ((,) <$> filter active entities <*> systems)
    Oh, and what's this? I'm first wrapping all those elements into pairs and then applying a function on them, why not apply the function INSTEAD of wrapping the elements
    Code:
    sequence (system <$> filter active entities <*> systems)
    (the sequence here takes a list of side effecting actions that you make and makes it into one large action that executes them in order).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Croatia Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #229
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    29,559 Posts
    I took a functional programming course last semester and I honestly loved it. We used Racket and did a lot of solving problems like how to solve an eight-tile sliding puzzle. I also wrote a Racket program that takes a boolean expression, converts it to RPN and shits out a Karnaugh map based on the evaluation.

Fun stuff! Really hard to get the old object-oriented paradigms out of your head, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #230
    July 2014
    3,986 Posts
    Air & Ground path search

Ground only search:

Ground only search (start-end reversed):

It's not always shortest path :/

Whole world nodes, this is expensive

Edited:

Cool, you are pretty close to this. Only (and biggest) problem will be updating quadtree.. either you rebuild it every simulation pass (easy) or dynamically update quadtree on moving points (quite hard to get right)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Chrome Slovenia Show Events Winner Winner x 13Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,601 Posts
    Bored today after work and trained a Harry Potter bigram language model. Here are some examples of Harry Potter-esque things to say:

Code:
    Potterbot: We know all who 's obvious what he finds himself a nightmare , Percy , when he asked them five hours early for class .
    Potterbot: Everyone got the way to this , Albus told him ... and all right .
    Potterbot: - Take him that name I was the Marauder 's all right there a very odd that was brilliant , come away , let him ! Your hand 's been changed if I fashioned myself holding the way you know , dears
    Potterbot: ... can tell you to admit , two , I implore you doing wizardry
    Potterbot: Something he 'd once three students to Hogwarts , it , Dumbledore 's only choose Gryffindor too easy on it all standing on fire in a kiss .
    Potterbot: against one individual , Harry Potter .
    Potterbot: Dementors affect you have you will need to welcome at Hogwarts has arrived here in the castle is Devil 's gone .
    Potterbot: If you live with Hagrid 's real loyalty lie .
    Potterbot: Make sure I could be alive , all those Tentacula leaves , Flamel is aware of us can be as a very pretty sure we 'll teach the harp string
    Potterbot: - My old friend of me , Buckbeak .
    https://github.com/curlywurlycraig/potterbot

I originally downloaded the subtitles because I wanted to make a supercut of all the times Harry says "hang on", but against all odds he only says it 6 times throughout the entire series.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,570 Posts
    So you all remember my OkCupidBot? Well I decided to add a really stupid feature. I integrated it with Discord!

I have it so if it is Discord enabled through the CLI arguments it will go to a profile and request messages from the Discord chat. I will be running the application for a short time in a temporary Discord channel for anyone who wants to come in and have some fun with it. I only ask you don't do any extremely vulgar messages (it is a temporary okcupid account) but I don't want to be IP banned or anything like that. I will be in it to make sure if it crashes (which it does on occasion because it loses connection to the DOM) that I can start it back up.

You can join the Discord here: https://discord.gg/014zmcFeGpoQxRmA2 (If you open Discord in the browser it doesn't look like the profile pictures actually show up and you have to click the link to view. If you open it in the Discord app it shows the picture in chat.)

If you aren't lucky enough to be able to try this out yourself, here is a video showing it in action. There is one bug which I mention in the video but its not that big of a deal. You still get the gist of what is happening.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

33. Post #233
    Dennab
    October 2015
    1,504 Posts
    my app just got rejected from apple for "defamatory content", with examples of such content being my sombrero hat, my wrestling mask, the mustache, and the make america (copyright) hat.

???????????????????????????
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,467 Posts
    my app just got rejected from apple for "defamatory content", with examples of such content being my sombrero hat, my wrestling mask, the mustache, and the make america (copyright) hat.

???????????????????????????
    Overblown political correctness strikes again

Really though, unless that was a hitler moustache I just don't see it. What happened to political satire?

Edited:

Then again, Germany is very much known for that so that stuff can be a lot more 'offensive' over here than in the US.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    Dennab
    October 2015
    1,504 Posts
    Overblown political correctness strikes again

Really though, unless that was a hitler moustache I just don't see it. What happened to political satire?

Edited:

Then again, Germany is very much known for that so that stuff can be a lot more 'offensive' over here than in the US.
    no it's a god damn handlebar moustache and it says "nobody can resist a well 'stached man" in the description.

Edited:

how is this possible there are literally apps where you beat up / take a shit on Donald trump what is wrong with a FUCKING SOMBRERO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

36. Post #236
    June 2013
    2,017 Posts
    Changed my 'file explorer' game exploring system.

Now, instead of of 'walking' on folder to explore its content, you can 'go inside' each folder, which is represented by a room. The files in it will be in the room.

Now, at least, we will at least got the sense of 'going inside' a folder, instead of files sprouting beneath out feet.

Also, now we don't have to define a initial directory. The game just make doors for every HDD that we have, and we'll explore the HDD from there.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Malaysia Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    October 2013
    1,838 Posts

Now, instead of of 'walking' on folder to explore its content, you can 'go inside' each folder, which is represented by a room. The files in it will be in the room.

Now, at least, we will at least got the sense of 'going inside' a folder, instead of files sprouting beneath out feet.

Also, now we don't have to define a initial directory. The game just make doors for every HDD that we have, and we'll explore the HDD from there.

What would make it even more interesting is if you could generate the room based on the type of media the folder contains. For example, if a folder contains mostly pictures, you could generate an art gallery. Videos? Boom, there's a cinema, or a big room with screens lining the walls, etc.

Don't let it find the porn, though...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic x 7Funny x 2Agree x 1Winner x 1Useful x 1 (list)

38. Post #238
    Gold Member

April 2011
    4,845 Posts

I watched this movie, but I can't remember the name...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

39. Post #239
    June 2010
    1,566 Posts
    So you all remember my OkCupidBot? Well I decided to add a really stupid feature. I integrated it with Discord!

I have it so if it is Discord enabled through the CLI arguments it will go to a profile and request messages from the Discord chat. I will be running the application for a short time in a temporary Discord channel for anyone who wants to come in and have some fun with it. I only ask you don't do any extremely vulgar messages (it is a temporary okcupid account) but I don't want to be IP banned or anything like that. I will be in it to make sure if it crashes (which it does on occasion because it loses connection to the DOM) that I can start it back up.

You can join the Discord here: https://discord.gg/014zmcFeGpoQxRmA2 (If you open Discord in the browser it doesn't look like the profile pictures actually show up and you have to click the link to view. If you open it in the Discord app it shows the picture in chat.)

If you aren't lucky enough to be able to try this out yourself, here is a video showing it in action. There is one bug which I mention in the video but its not that big of a deal. You still get the gist of what is happening.
    This project was funny at first but now it's giving me the creeps tbh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 5Late Late x 1 (list)

40. Post #240
    December 2011
    2,774 Posts
    He should just update us on how many dates he secured
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)