1. Post #2521
    November 2013
    1,623 Posts
    Someone should make a towering pillar of beanies. Not gonna draw it bc I'd like to keep my dignity and pride.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2522
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts
    Someone should make a towering pillar of beanies. Not gonna draw it bc I'd like to keep my dignity and pride.
    i talked to harkku about possibly turning our artist's beanie into a 3-tier beanie tower

he's down for it, so look for that soon, hopefully
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events

3. Post #2523
    October 2014
    1,612 Posts
    i talked to harkku about possibly turning our artist's beanie into a 3-tier beanie tower

he's down for it, so look for that soon, hopefully
    Ez Self-made.

But really can you make a bigger version as a mód, if you are going in this direction?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Czech Republic Show Events

4. Post #2524
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Opera Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #2525
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,313 Posts

The Polar Pyro

New Smissmas set for Pyro!

Please vote for it if you want to see it ingame!

mods.tf download links are available on the item's respective workshop pages
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 11Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #2526
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,505 Posts
    snipp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Turkey Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

7. Post #2527
    November 2013
    1,623 Posts
    no dignity

claimed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

8. Post #2528
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,798 Posts
    This needs a name, and Im not creative enough to come up with something other than "Big Booty Bitches" "Bounty of Booty".

Also thanks to Neo for doing this amazing texture work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

9. Post #2529
    May 2013
    6,987 Posts
    This needs a name, and Im not creative enough to come up with something other than "Big Booty Bitches" "Bounty of Booty".

"Bounty of Booty" or "Booty Bounty" both sound pretty good already
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events

10. Post #2530
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts

jiggle the lock

Edited:

also it's gonna look awful ubercharged
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #2531
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,657 Posts
    jiggle the lock

Edited:

Yeah but the uber-charge thing is kinda unavoidable considering how valve seems intent on making canteens only having a 1 texture option for the workshop submissions, As opposed to separate models like the default canteen does. In their words its "Future-proof" in-case they ever added more canteen types.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #2532
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,798 Posts
    Welcome to the limits of the source engine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #2533
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts

Buccaneer's Bounty / Poop Deck Plunder / Davy Jones' Locker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

14. Post #2534
    October 2014
    37 Posts
    The grill taunt is finally just about done. Any last things I missed or should really improve on?
    Here's the video I posted here a month or so ago
    Make the head move independent from the body. Right now it seems like he pulled a muscle in his neck and he refuses to turn his head. Also, make it seem like he's actually picking the patty up with his spatula, right now it seems to be very weightless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

15. Post #2535
    May 2015
    466 Posts

Working on a item for a taunt.

Hopefully my animators (one of the many I know and worked with) can help me.
    Meanwhile, any suggestion apart from textures as they are placeholder (willing to get this job to someone else) are accepted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events

16. Post #2536
    January 2013
    20 Posts
    Any tips on texturing wool? I'm guessing normal maps are essential for it, which i'm not very familiar with either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Finland Show Events

17. Post #2537
    November 2012
    656 Posts

Made another taunt with Nonamesleft and Square, click here to check it out!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 9Funny Funny x 7Friendly Friendly x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #2538
    November 2013
    1,623 Posts
    Lol is he drunk or something haha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #2539
    February 2011
    13,124 Posts

Made another taunt with Nonamesleft and Square, click here to check it out!
    yes. I need this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #2540
    September 2015
    117 Posts

I started making the map item for this taunt idea and I have a few questions: (constructive criticism would always be appreciated! And please note that I'm going to draw the map itself later.)
    1. How big taunt props should be tris wise?
    2. Can a taunt prop have multiple (new) bones attached to it?
    3. Can I use tf2 workshop importer (weapon one) to get item to work in sfm?
    And I'm still looking for people interested in making/contributing to this taunt, so please add me on steam if you are interested!

All class or a single class walking taunt.
    Sniper: (He knows what he's doing) Relaxed walk and occasional looks at the map
    Pyro: (Doesn't care and chases some imaginary things) Doesn't even look at the map and just holds it in his/her hand and jumps around carefree
    Scout: (Not that great with maps but want's to look like he is great) Glances at the map constantly and looks at it from different distances looking puzzled
    Soldier: (He is usually depicted pretty dumb so probably can't read maps) Spins the map around because he doesn't know which direction is north or where he is
    Engineer & medic: (Both are clever but maybe not so good with maps) Look a bit puzzled, maybe touching their hair or chin every now and then, medic could act as a 'leader' and point forward after briefly looking at the map. (Not really sure with these two)
    Heavy: (He knows how to read a map) Bit like sniper but not so exaggerated
    Demoman: (He is drunk) Just staggering drunkly and briefly looking at the map every now and then
    Spy: (He want's to be the 'adult') Walks straight with a good posture while glancing at the map.
    Sorry for such a long post!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events

21. Post #2541
    November 2013
    496 Posts
    If only Heavy's version could have him struggling to unravel the map cause of his big meaty hands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #2542
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,657 Posts
    Free Skier Up for grabs

Hat/Goggles the Scarf are intended to be All-Class if possible. Hat and Goggles are intended to be one item.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

23. Post #2543
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts
    could this be possible using jigglebones that arent "jiggled" in the model's QC?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #2544
    NSF Sympathizer
    January 2012
    4,038 Posts

Trying out some different color and paint schemes for the shirt. Only base colors so far. I was originally going to have the scarf paintable but we've decided on making just the band around the waist paintable instead, to keep it consistent with the other items (brim of the hat, red stripe on the pants)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

25. Post #2545
    March 2012
    1,428 Posts
    Those pants and sleeves really are going to need a proper sculpt/normal to work well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #2546

October 2014
    179 Posts
    If you'd like to leave a rate, it would be nice (:

the laidback locks

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #2547
    NSF Sympathizer
    January 2012
    4,038 Posts
    Those pants and sleeves really are going to need a proper sculpt/normal to work well
    Should probably specify that I'm only doing basecolors so far. Been testing out some different designs, you can especially see it where the pants are supposed to blend in with the Sniper and how the gold trim was hastily thrown on.

This is the paint pattern I was considering before, it looks kinda cool on Spy but ultimately it just felt like there was too much red and it'd look weird on Sniper
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

28. Post #2548
    July 2014
    1,235 Posts
    1. How big taunt props should be tris wise?
    3. Can I use tf2 workshop importer (weapon one) to get item to work in sfm?
    1400 absolute max iirc

I think so, a couple other taunts have several bones unless they use some other trick

There is no weapon importer, you just upload a zip for that but you might be able to send it through the hat importer if you set up dummy files. Should work with extra bones (?) since you can import jiggles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #2549
    November 2013
    1,623 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chrome Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #2550
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts
    it's really big, too big imho

Edited:

speaking of unusuals, here's my first (serious) unusual concept

Sailor's Moon!

oh, and a quick second version, Ghastly Horizon

clammed by heartlyss and muhai
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #2551
    November 2013
    496 Posts
    leaf effects
    Not going to lie it'd probably fit a lot better as a taunt effect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #2552
    WHOA HEY GUYS HUGE FUCKING TEXT HERE
    May 2006
    844 Posts
    Free Skier Up for grabs

Hat/Goggles the Scarf are intended to be All-Class if possible. Hat and Goggles are intended to be one item.
    imo Goggles would look neater on demoman if it was cracked at his eyepatch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #2553
    Dennab
    July 2016
    217 Posts
    Hi guys, I have an idea for a medigun concept that I want to draw using Paint.NET but I have questions about designing the medigun itself. What are the general design guildlines for a medigun so that it doesn't look too out of place or wacky?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPad Safari Australia Show Events

34. Post #2554
    August 2015
    354 Posts
    resubmitted! click here for workshop

also a xmas taunt unusual wip

how do you use the engine viewport?????????? o.o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Colombia Show Events

35. Post #2555
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,798 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

36. Post #2556
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts
    seeing the positive feedback on my unusual concept I think I'm gonna try and make more of those in the future and I really want to give my heartfelt thank you to those who support me and give me feedback on my work and like what I do it means a lot honestly

I love this community and I love all of you and I hope y'all like what I have in store for the future
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #2557
    November 2013
    1,623 Posts
    seeing the positive feedback on my unusual concept I think I'm gonna try and make more of those in the future and I really want to give my heartfelt thank you to those who support me and give me feedback on my work and like what I do it means a lot honestly

I love this community and I love all of you and I hope y'all like what I have in store for the future
    I hope someday I could be this happy about getting a few winner ratings
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #2558
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts
    I hope someday I could be this happy about getting a few winner ratings
    im just happy about life my dude

everything is great and u're great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events

39. Post #2559
    May 2015
    466 Posts
    I've never seen a happy Ikes but hey, i'm happy that he's happy.
    So, someone can help me finish a model for a taunt I intend to create with an animator I know?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Italy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

40. Post #2560
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    1,600 Posts
    So I have an idea for an unusual effect but I don't know where to start, are there any resources or tutorials on how to make one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari Israel Show Events