1. Post #4001
    February 2016
    441 Posts
    Wasteland Bessie?

P.s. may I claim this one eventually? I love it.
    I believe that FiveEyes wants to work on this, given that it's part of the scavenger set.
    But hey, if we need an extra hand, we'll call ya!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #4002
    January 2015
    1,317 Posts
    The buttons on that coat item really don't make any sense...
    That's pretty much how this type of jacket looks. The biggest problem to me is how the bottom of the coat splays so far apart after passing under the belt, although that's a result of the soldiers coat being spread at the bottom in general.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

3. Post #4003
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,620 Posts
    weird, is this consistent?

my ratings are generally above 80
    As they say, if you don't toot your own horn, it generally goes un-tooted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4004
    July 2011
    1,127 Posts
    That's pretty much how this type of jacket looks. The biggest problem to me is how the bottom of the coat splays so far apart after passing under the belt, although that's a result of the soldiers coat being spread at the bottom in general.
    So that type of jacket has buttons on only the top half... but still has button holes on the bottom, for buttons that don't exist?

You must have some strange jackets dude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #4005
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,465 Posts
    The buttons on that coat item really don't make any sense...
    I admit that they probably do look kinda strange, I didn't know much about greatcoats when I made the concept at first, and I was even corrected by another user here on the forums on how I had the buttons on the wrong sides.

Though nobody mentioned to me back when I was still tweaking the concept that there were too many buttons/they wouldn't have been on the coat tails. So sorry if its not as accurate as it could have been.

Although my intentions were that because it wasn't a full length Greatcoat, it could have been cropped down, because of the few reference images I did have, the buttons extended partially below the belt:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #4006
    July 2011
    1,127 Posts
    Did some jungle critters.

figured the monkey could have flexes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #4007
    January 2015
    1,317 Posts
    So that type of jacket has buttons on only the top half... but still has button holes on the bottom, for buttons that don't exist?

You must have some strange jackets dude.
    I'm assuming you mean the button holes on the right side of the jacket. Because of the way the coat is splayed, the buttons are located on the far left next to the ammo pouch. Look at the item on the workshop page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #4008
    July 2011
    1,127 Posts
    I'm assuming you mean the button holes on the right side of the jacket. Because of the way the coat is splayed, the buttons are located on the far left next to the ammo pouch. Look at the item on the workshop page.
    Oh yeah... whoops
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #4009
    August 2015
    222 Posts
    texture done! firts time i try to texture a weapon

10. Post #4010
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    3,019 Posts
    That green is too saturated.

It could also have some paint scratches here and there. ATM its a little bland.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4011
    August 2015
    222 Posts
    That green is too saturated.
    its from the tf2 color palette

12. Post #4012
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    3,019 Posts
    Must just be the Blender viewport then. Whats it look like in engine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #4013
    August 2015
    222 Posts
    i did some changes and desaturated the geen a little bit

i dont know how to see it inengine, i only did the texture for the weapon :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Colombia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #4014
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,620 Posts
    It still looks very.... plain.

The fact that it's perfectly cylindrical and there's nothing interesting might have something to do with that. Take for instance another rocket launcher equally "plain":

Notice not only the paint + wear, but that they also managed to make it look dirty despite being colored black.

Give the texture some more personality, and maybe some dings+dents, and you're looking at a pretty decent weapon. Your current iteration is on the right track, it just needs a bit more to it.

Edited:

Another thing I would recommend is to ruin the weapon's symmetry. The black box achieves this with the metal straps near the front - notice how they are not strapped on straight. If you modeled something asymmetrical on your green rocket launcher, it would feel less like a cylinder and more like a weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

15. Post #4015
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    3,019 Posts

i dont know how to see it inengine, i only did the texture for the weapon :c
    Whoever modeled it didn't give you a compiled version to work with? That's odd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #4016
    August 2015
    222 Posts
    It still looks very.... plain.

The fact that it's perfectly cylindrical and there's nothing interesting might have something to do with that. Take for instance another rocket launcher equally "plain":

Notice not only the paint + wear, but that they also managed to make it look dirty despite being colored black.

Give the texture some more personality, and maybe some dings+dents, and you're looking at a pretty decent weapon. Your current iteration is on the right track, it just needs a bit more to it.

Edited:

Another thing I would recommend is to ruin the weapon's symmetry. The black box achieves this with the metal straps near the front - notice how they are not strapped on straight. If you modeled something asymmetrical on your green rocket launcher, it would feel less like a cylinder and more like a weapon.
    you are totally right on all points, i will do some changes to the texture, aside that there is a problem, i just did the texture, im not in charge of the model and yeah it will be good to have some stuff added to it.

Edited:

updated:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Colombia Show Events Winner Winner x 28Artistic Artistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

17. Post #4017
    February 2016
    441 Posts

Edited:

Out of curiosity, is it possible to make a sniper rifle that's a bullpup model?

So rather than the mag & rest of the firing mechanism located in front of the trigger group, it's actually behind it.

18. Post #4018
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,132 Posts
    Bullpup is entirely possible within TF2, Just requires some new animations.

Edit:

Hell, The Vssk Vychlop could easily fit the animations of mod with some minor tweaks.

19. Post #4019
    May 2009
    224 Posts
    Would assume they meant without new animations. Which, since the sniper rifle doesn't reload by magazine anyway, might not be needed, depending on where you put the mechanisms.

Edited:
    Hell, the default rifle model clips with the default animations in third person, doubt that'd be an issue.

20. Post #4020
    February 2016
    441 Posts
    Well, I'm thinking that it'll still use the default reload animations, but I'm just asking if it can be done given how long Bullpup rifles tend to be.

I mean this can easily be fixed by shortening it, but I thought I'd ask out of general curiousity

21. Post #4021
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,132 Posts
    Oh! The Hitman's Heatmaker is practical a Bullpup already as it's based off the Walther WA 2000.

That's your best choice for a bullpup.

22. Post #4022
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    3,019 Posts
    Stop snipping quoted posts. Whats the point of quoting them then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

23. Post #4023
    February 2016
    441 Posts

Opinion on using this as a good example?

Edited:

That being said and doing some research on these makes of guns, I've really been considering doing a modded FAMAS just so I can call it "French Bulldog"

24. Post #4024
    August 2015
    222 Posts
    hi guys, ok so looks like i already solve the problem with one side (thanks to gigazelle)
    but... what can i put on this side? this is the side that will face the player, i dont want to put another black line cause it will break the idea that its a cylinder.

25. Post #4025
    February 2016
    441 Posts
    hi guys, ok so looks like i already solve the problem with one side (thanks to gigazelle)
    but... what can i put on this side? this is the side that will face the player, i dont want to put another black line cause it will break the idea that its a cylinder.

I feel as though it needs a neat logo or a caution tag somewhere, maybe a variation of the Eagle insignia that's on the Buff Banner & Screamin' Eagle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #4026
    January 2015
    1,317 Posts
    You can move the label from the other side to this one and make it bigger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #4027
    August 2013
    1,748 Posts
    You don't need some labels or decals or whatever visual gimmick. Have some nice solid brush strokes and a good spec map and thats all you need. Look at the Black Box, default RL, Direct hit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #4028
    August 2015
    222 Posts
    You don't need some labels or decals or whatever visual gimmick. Have some nice solid brush strokes and a good spec map and thats all you need. Look at the Black Box, default RL, Direct hit.
    i will go with what you are saying, aside from that we added some small labels to that side and we will compile it so we can see how it looks ingame.

29. Post #4029
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    3,019 Posts
    *muffled industrial grade glue noises*

Replaces all the bows, the projectile will come out of both the huntsman and fortified if you are using either of those replacements. So my advice is use the festive version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

30. Post #4030
    August 2015
    222 Posts
    we made a green tube look cool, thanks to all for the help.

model by: Spike Nitros

goal succeded
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Colombia Show Events Winner Winner x 19Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #4031
    I sell Bot Doggers and Bot Dogger accessories
    November 2011
    1,514 Posts
    we made a green tube look cool, thanks to all for the help.

model by: Spike Nitros

goal succeded
    Already looks way better than your earlier screenshots. Nice work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #4032
    February 2016
    441 Posts

Some rifle silhouettes; Top one's inspired by the FAMAS & the bottom is a Kel-Tec RDB
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #4033
    October 2015
    13,752 Posts

Some rifle silhouettes; Top one's inspired by the FAMAS & the bottom is a Kel-Tec RDB
    Personally I think the bottom one looks better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #4034
    July 2016
    197 Posts
    I might try to draw up a concept for a G11 sniper rifle over the next day unless i get bogged down with stuff to do. I'll try my best to make it look clean and crisp.

35. Post #4035
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,132 Posts
    I might try to draw up a concept for a G11 sniper rifle
    Keep me updated on that! As I'd like to model a G11 for TF2.

36. Post #4036
    April 2014
    1,921 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 14Informative Informative x 2 (list)

37. Post #4037
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,786 Posts
    i feel as if the middle needs to be a much darker shade of green
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 2 (list)

38. Post #4038
    November 2015
    56 Posts
    Can we make bucket hats the new beanie?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #4039
    April 2014
    1,921 Posts
    i feel as if the middle needs to be a much darker shade of green

Somethin like this?

Also, I edited the mesh a little so it looked a bit less bland
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #4040
    August 2013
    2,796 Posts

Somethin like this?

Also, I edited the mesh a little so it looked a bit less bland
    the hat looks a bit lumpy atm, especially the top. try to smooth it out a bit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)