1. Post #81
    November 2014
    243 Posts
    x-post from the medieval thread:

Väinämöinen is up for grabs

Add me on steam to claim it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    October 2014
    815 Posts
    post the concept so i can make direct criticisms

Edited:

here we goooooo

it could definitely fit in the tri limit.

right now it's a shadow of the concept
    The main issue that I notice is that instead of being crystal like the concept, it's now a hard skull, complete with cracks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

3. Post #83
    August 2013
    38 Posts
    I just realised something, isn't the recently uploaded and the most popular today list for the tf2 workshop, basicly the same thing when it comes to sorting of the items, and doesn't that make it pretty pointless then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Slovakia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,426 Posts
    I just realised something, isn't the recently uploaded and the most popular today list for the tf2 workshop, basicly the same thing when it comes to sorting of the items, and doesn't that make it pretty pointless then?
    Not quite. What about items that have had almost zero effort put into them, or uploads that are only an image and text saying "valve psl add"?

5. Post #85
    August 2015
    194 Posts
    hi guys, any idea of what i can put on the body? like a chain mail or i dunno :c
    i tried to do like gloves but there is already a medieval glovles for pyro that can fit pretty good with this, so i dont know, what u guys think?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Colombia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

6. Post #86
    March 2014
    4,518 Posts

it's honestly way too different from his normal silhouette to bother with

also probably couldnt fit in the triangle limitations

Edited:

hi guys, any idea of what i can put on the body? like a chain mail or i dunno :c
    i tried to do like gloves but there is already a medieval glovles for pyro that can fit pretty good with this, so i dont know, what u guys think?

why are you so amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    November 2014
    243 Posts
    Edits as suggested by Earl de spookwood:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

8. Post #88
    August 2015
    194 Posts
    Edited:

why are you so amazing
    its because of the amazing taste of cinnamon toast crunch that kids love
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Colombia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    Dennab
    November 2013
    1,355 Posts

The beard and shoes look good, but I doubt a lot of people will know what a vaginamormon is. Try to make it something more easily identifiable at first glance, maybe a viking or wizard theme.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,738 Posts
    post the concept so i can make direct criticisms

Edited:

here we goooooo

it could definitely fit in the tri limit.

right now it's a shadow of the concept
    If this was meant to be a crystal skull mask, wouldn't it need to be bigger in order to fit on top of the pyro's (theoretical) skull rather than replace it as a whole? pyro's mask is still wrapped around his head, so you'd stil need to build the mask around her proportions. it also doesnt do any good that it uses the same placement the Last Breath does for its filters (wich honestly could be removed entirely, or replaced)

also, if its meant to be made of a traslucent material some of the features beneath it would need to be visible somehow, wouldn't they? wouldn't that go a bit too far into unncany valley(specially as it is now).

I belive the concept would benefit more if it was desinged around the idea of it being a cultist's ceremonial mask complete with hair ornaments on the back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    November 2013
    117 Posts
    So, different stuff from last posts.
    I actually decided to quickly make a misc model and get it working in game. I decided on armbands and belt inspired by the 1980's TMNT cartoon/s for the Scout:

It does have a norm and spec map, but asides from that, it was just me practicing for developing something that isn't a weapon at the moment.
    If it does have the potential to look great then that's awesome, but otherwise I'mma go straight back to that gun.

12. Post #92
    March 2013
    508 Posts
    Okay, I know you guys didn't like the last mod I was making that edited the text in the game, which I won't name. But I was thinking that I'd just replace the tips in the game with more advanced stuff, like how to sidestab, or the order in which the classes should take the teleporters. Problem is, whileyou can see all these tips fine in the stats menu, when you connect to any server, it just makes that line blank. Any way to solve that?

13. Post #93
    April 2014
    1,856 Posts

14. Post #94

February 2016
    12 Posts
    I made loop taunt

I need someone who can add sound/particle effect.
    I think it's a bit fast, I don't know how to reduce speed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Czech Republic Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    October 2015
    199 Posts
    Look, I know your username tells you to never say no, but with this taunt...No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    16,264 Posts
    Give it a Postal makeover

I wanna walk around while pissing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Indonesia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    June 2014
    1,585 Posts
    Give it a Postal makeover

I wanna walk around while pissing
    Why not take it one step further and make it so you're giving the finger with both hands the whole time? Maybe add in some pelvic thrusting when standing still, to add that touch of sophistication and class as well.

/s
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

18. Post #98
    April 2015
    272 Posts
    Why not take it one step further and make it so you're giving the finger with both hands the whole time? Maybe add in some pelvic thrusting when standing still, to add that touch of sophistication and class as well.

/s
    The shortest jokes are the best.

19. Post #99
    August 2014
    1,728 Posts

/s
    Trying a little too hard there, bro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #100
    November 2014
    243 Posts
    The beard and shoes look good, but I doubt a lot of people will know what a vaginamormon is. Try to make it something more easily identifiable at first glance, maybe a viking or wizard theme.
    You do realize that Väinämöinen was the main inspiration for Gandalf, a wizard in LOTR?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    November 2014
    340 Posts
    You do realize that Väinämöinen was the main inspiration for Gandalf, a wizard in LOTR?
    I'm a huge LOTR fan, but I still have no idea what/who Väinämöinen is. Most people wouldn't know that about Gandalf's inspiration, anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #102
    Dennab
    November 2013
    1,355 Posts
    Whats a gandalf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    October 2014
    1,539 Posts
    Whats a gandalf
    me

24. Post #104
    Dennab
    November 2013
    1,355 Posts
    Milf hunter

Unclaimed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Canada Show Events Funny x 5Winner x 3Optimistic x 1Artistic x 1Friendly x 1Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    April 2015
    120 Posts
    -snip- reworking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

26. Post #106
    January 2015
    1,267 Posts
    Milf hunter

Unclaimed
    the business casual-er
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    March 2014
    4,518 Posts
    Milf hunter

Unclaimed
    business casual meets after dark
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,497 Posts

For the Medieval Update, looking for a texturer. Don't mind those base colours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

29. Post #109
    Can't Keep Johnny Down
    April 2009
    2,445 Posts

For the Medieval Update, looking for a texturer. Don't mind those base colours.
    this is good but make the rock smaller, its huge
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,497 Posts
    this is good but make the rock smaller, its huge
    Yeah, some people suggested it time ago too. What about this?

I don't really know which one I prefer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,513 Posts
    Yeah, some people suggested it time ago too. What about this?

I don't really know which one I prefer
    That might be big enough to actually clip through the tops of things like doorframes whenever the Demoman runs through them, but I'm not sure. A minor issue, but something to take into consideration.

For reference, here's how the Eyelander compares.

Your rock might just be skimming the bottom the doorframe in the end, but it's gonna clip through smaller spaces like vents and if someone is hiding in a confined space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,497 Posts
    That might be big enough to actually clip through the tops of things like doorframes whenever the Demoman runs through them, but I'm not sure. A minor issue, but something to take into consideration.

For reference, here's how the Eyelander compares.

Your rock might just be skimming the bottom the doorframe in the end, but it's gonna clip through smaller spaces like vents and if someone is hiding in a confined space.
    I totally agree, doesn't help I used the Claidheamohmor model for scaling it, and I think that one it's actually longer than the Eyelander. It's now a bit shorter, I reduced the lenght of the blade as well as reducing the stone, but yeah I'm going to compare it right now to be sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

33. Post #113
    January 2015
    1,267 Posts
    i did a comparison thing

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    June 2014
    1,585 Posts
    A bit close for comfort - and that's just on a static shot. Factor in things like the running animation, and the sword swinging animation, and it could easily look pretty bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

35. Post #115
    December 2014
    637 Posts
    What about make it so that the rock is lower down on the blade and the end of the blade is exposed and extruding out of the rock

So the door frame thing wont be an issue
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,544 Posts
    To me it just looks unrealistically top-heavy, there's no way anyone could hold something that heavy like a normal sword. I mean the thing's gotta weigh several hundred pounds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,121 Posts
    It's secretly styrofoam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    February 2013
    2,863 Posts
    Or at the very least make the rock more interesting. The sword was never just in a round boulder that couldnt be transported. Make it look comical, like the stone the sword is in was chiselled away so that the piece of rock could be lifted with the sword still in it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #119

March 2016
    8 Posts
    Or at the very least make the rock more interesting. The sword was never just in a round boulder that couldnt be transported. Make it look comical, like the stone the sword is in was chiselled away so that the piece of rock could be lifted with the sword still in it
    Maybe this could be reflected in the SFM promo

40. Post #120
    March 2013
    508 Posts
    Was it not originally an anvil???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)