1. Post #41
    March 2013
    582 Posts

Ended up reworking the concept completly.
    I'm not a big fan of the suit, but i really like the crown and hair
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,778 Posts

Here is the first concept (Furs is somewhat hard to make to fit the tf2 style anyway)

Guess we'll release on the crown/hairs & beard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    May 2016
    210 Posts
    Let's hope this thread will be as good as the last!
    looks like someone jinxed it

4. Post #44
    March 2013
    582 Posts

Here is the first concept (Furs is somewhat hard to make to fit the tf2 style anyway)

Guess we'll release on the crown/hairs & beard.
    I think it looks great. The modeler could probably just smooth out the fur, like with the Gaelic Garb, and maybe use less folds on the robe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    October 2014
    276 Posts
    Hey guys, I just finished this up

Here's a link to the full image size. (It's big.)
    My first taunt concept. It's basically a duel taunt. It would be a pretty big project to work on, but if there's any critique, I'd love to hear!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 45Artistic Artistic x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    November 2013
    1,376 Posts
    Me/duke also had the idea for a duel taunt, but we scrapped it bc it wouldn't work without them walking off ledges/cliffs + they'd have to return to their original positions at the end of the taunt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    June 2014
    1,431 Posts
    Me/duke also had the idea for a duel taunt, but we scrapped it bc it wouldn't work without them walking off ledges/cliffs + they'd have to return to their original positions at the end of the taunt.
    Maybe they could just shoot on the spot?

8. Post #48
    NSF Sympathizer
    January 2012
    3,952 Posts
    First one could be solved like any other partner taunt where it can't be done if there isn't enough space for the animation. Dunno about the second though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #49

10. Post #50
    October 2014
    276 Posts
    First one could be solved like any other partner taunt where it can't be done if there isn't enough space for the animation. Dunno about the second though
    I imagine we can find excuses for them to walk back to their positions. For example, a winning Heavy would want to tower over his losing opponent, and a losing Scout would get all up in their face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #51
    January 2012
    357 Posts
    > TF2 Emporium 65 - End of an era

kinda demoralizing isn't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

12. Post #52
    April 2016
    1,003 Posts
    Any chance could I see the hat with the unusual effect massive flies Ikes? That effect might actually have what, the second hat it can effectively work with theme wise lol. First one being the plunger for Pyro IMO.

13. Post #53
    March 2014
    4,584 Posts
    Any chance could I see the hat with the unusual effect massive flies Ikes? That effect might actually have what, the second hat it can effectively work with theme wise lol. First one being the plunger for Pyro IMO.
    if hlmv can do unusual effects then sure.

14. Post #54
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    2,319 Posts
    if hlmv can do unusual effects then sure.
    The importer can show unusual effects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    March 2014
    4,584 Posts
    The importer can show unusual effects.
    the importer is really ugly though

16. Post #56
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    2,319 Posts
    Sure, but it can do exactly what has been requested.
    You could always just load the item up in sfm and apply the effect.
    Or break out paint and doodle flies on it to get the gist.

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,625 Posts
    It is literally just a HLMV preview window. Take a screenshot, crop out the rest of the UI, and call it good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    March 2014
    4,584 Posts
    It is literally just a HLMV preview window. Take a screenshot, crop out the rest of the UI, and call it good.
    it's got terrible lighting dude

and it's super difficult and ugly to crop into a preview WITHOUT an unusual effect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #59
    September 2012
    235 Posts
    Fixed up those slippers and got them uploaded:

The Animal Tracks

Click to go vote if you like them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    July 2012
    732 Posts
    Surprise!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 24 (list)

21. Post #61
    March 2014
    4,584 Posts
    well this makes it a much worse idea for me to put out the update I've been tinkering with internally for a while
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    April 2014
    1,926 Posts
    well this makes it a much worse idea for me to put out the update I've been tinkering with internally for a while
    What were you planning on doing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPad Safari United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,137 Posts
    So, What's the overall plan for this update? Get every stock item medievalize?

Because, I've got a sweet idea for a DeGroot Keep style map for MVM and the only difference is that the robots attack in waves attempting to capture points to open your gates then bomb it with scouts.

24. Post #64
    I have a business, installing styrofoam nuns. Fuck a fruit basket.
    June 2011
    743 Posts
    Emporium list has been updated, apologies for my lateness.

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    February 2013
    2,940 Posts
    -reworking-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    February 2013
    2,940 Posts
    Mind explaining the disagrees?

27. Post #67
    March 2014
    4,584 Posts
    What were you planning on doing?
    It was just in a conceptual phase, themed around superheroes and supervillains

28. Post #68
    September 2015
    108 Posts
    Atleast for me the skull should be much lighter colored, don't know the right words but the bright yellow and team colors just don't fit too well.

29. Post #69

May 2014
    293 Posts

"We will take the fight to their land. To their people. To their blood."

It's up! (Feel free to vote, votes are appreciated, hoho!)

Workshop link: Here
    Gamebanana link:Here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 18 (list)

30. Post #70
    April 2014
    1,926 Posts
    Whoa, that poster is bloody amazing. Kinda gives me a Stalingrad vibe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    January 2015
    1,317 Posts
    If this is that crystal skull pyro concept, it doesn't look "crystal" enough. It could actually benefit from a more geometrical mesh, higher reflectivity, and/or slight transparency. As it is now it looks like it's covered in paint.

32. Post #72
    August 2013
    1,752 Posts
    I think the biggest thing is that its pretty similar to the Last Breath. Not to be one of those Steam commenters but I don't feel like there's a big enough difference between the two. The gold parts are nice but otherwise its just minor shape differences and the default color.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

33. Post #73
    March 2014
    4,584 Posts
    the browbone is fuckin massive

IIRC in the original concept the browbone was supposed to encase eye items and the actual eyeholes were further in

it also lacks ANY of the cool detailing that couldve been there as shown in the concept. the nose in the concept was a lot more fleshed out and detailed and right now it's JUST a triangle.

Maybe I'm just salty that the concept was taken from me and tossed to you but I'm just seeing things I could've easily done better here, and you could've too.

it looks more like hard candy than a crystal skull.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #74

April 2016
    103 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=691568831 Here is concept art of Ink Sting, Melee for Spy.

Edited:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=690474454 Here another concept art for Spy Melee, Electric Entailler (posting this thing again because posted this in last thread very near the end of it.)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,787 Posts
    tbh i feel like that's just the last breath with team colored paint

there's nothing unique about it at all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    February 2013
    2,940 Posts
    the browbone is fuckin massive

IIRC in the original concept the browbone was supposed to encase eye items and the actual eyeholes were further in

it also lacks ANY of the cool detailing that couldve been there as shown in the concept. the nose in the concept was a lot more fleshed out and detailed and right now it's JUST a triangle.

Maybe I'm just salty that the concept was taken from me and tossed to you but I'm just seeing things I could've easily done better here, and you could've too.

it looks more like hard candy than a crystal skull.
    Well thats just untrue. I followed the concept almost exactly.

It was quite a challenge modelling an entire jead and keeping it under 1400 tris, so sacrifices had to be made in order for that to happen. The nose wasn't fleshed out, it too was also just a triangle.

I appreciate the feedback and Ill work on it more.

37. Post #77
    March 2014
    4,584 Posts
    post the concept so i can make direct criticisms

Edited:

here we goooooo

it could definitely fit in the tri limit.

right now it's a shadow of the concept
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    February 2013
    2,940 Posts
    I dont know what to tell you Ikes, I simply couldnt add anything else without going over the limit. As it is the model is at 1396 tris. I did my best to get the shape and details right as much as I could, and it isn't me being stubborn and not wanting to take criticism, I just simply couldnt add more.

Wasn't meant to be "dumb" looking, I reshaped it to avoid clipping a ton with other hats, as well as keep it to the shape of the default Pyro's head

As for textures, I'll talk to Vap about fixing them up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

39. Post #79
    March 2014
    4,584 Posts
    the teeth definitely didnt need to be individually modelled. I could take a look at the model and optimize it for you if you want but I honestly just dont think you tried hard enough in that regard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    April 2014
    1,926 Posts
    Glad to see people actually given proper criticism instead of just s. Keep it up!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)