1. Post #1401
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,519 Posts
    I'm not sure it works like that, you broke neutrality to participate in a conflict and once that conflict is over Gecko will be known as 'that company that bombed people for toga terrorists'
    Ontop of that they are engaging parties currently negotiating.

2. Post #1402
    August 2015
    109 Posts
    I think many are blurred by the situation - it was an accident in which we can all understand, messy situation it is indeed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #1403
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    9,942 Posts
    Goldtop Security has slowly began to deploy more officers around Newyork. Security officers have been seen at multiple toll gates and even a border

Goldtop is looking into adjusting the training recruits are put through after a new recruit crashed a Patrol Suv in a subway. Only minor injuries were inflicted to the two occupants
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

4. Post #1404
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    9,942 Posts
    New Jersey residents were complaining over loud digging at midnight in Montclair NJ. Locals said Goldtop Security were seen with various construction vehicles and closed down an entire street.

Several Security officers were seen entering service tunnels, manholes and drain pipes bringing various equipment with them

Goldtop have even started to bring small motor vehicles underground for undisclosed reasons. Residents are concerned but see no harm in these actions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

5. Post #1405
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,910 Posts
    My motivation is and has been utterly crap for the last couple of weeks, to show this I've made the most generic style of poses there is to show that here is at least a hint of life in the Karaqi conflict.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

6. Post #1406
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    12,422 Posts
    Many days have passed, and yet the tribe has not gotten any sort of reply. This has them worried, as waiting for a response has made them sitting ducks just waiting to be shot or bombed. The tribe has had enough of standing around, and something must be done about this. With both of their allies mysteriously vanishing, they see no reason to stay in the area anymore since they refuse to help an ally who won't help back, or even reply to a simple letter. Baron Lord Kazan has ordered a full withdrawal from North Korea, demanding no trace of them be left behind.

With Nemean and Phoenix dropping off the radar so suddenly, Kazan suspects treachery and betrayal as the three factions created quite a conflict only for it to stop abruptly with CoG stuck in the middle of the spotlight. This matter must be brought before the rest of the barons and the firstborns in order to plan and prepare accordingly. Still, time can only tell if North Korea or any other faction willing to stand up against CoG will retaliate against them for their atrocities in the conflict.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #1407
    April 2016
    591 Posts
    With no Firebrand or New Hansa response to Kraaivuur demands 100 Contractors have entrenched themselves in a farm compound near the South Africa-New Hansa border with the intent of monitoring Firebrand activity in the area. Kraaivuur Officials have refuted the claims that this was because of the demands, instead stating that this is a training mission that had been planned for some time. The detachment is led by Major Quinlan, formerly of the 1st Battalion Irish Guards who served in Iraq and Afghanistan. He joined Kraaivuur in 2015 after a honourable discharge from the British Army. FOB "Afskrik" houses 100 contractors, with several medical and equipment tents and helipads. The Contractors have Buffel trucks and former US Army Hueys in several variants, with a dedicated Medevac helicopter amongst them. Several of Kraaivuur's new KVIATL Launchers are also amongst the equipment sent to the FOB.

A Convoy of Buffel trucks carrying Kraaivuur contractors moves through the South African countryside

FOB Afskrik
       Lovely Polgonal Goodness. Also fuck Gmod, it crashed halfway through the second screenshot, so I ha to redo it all. So sorry for the shoddy quality.    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

8. Post #1408
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,910 Posts
    The Karaqi Coalition continues to move into the city of Bandar Abbas, however the battle progresses slowly as the enemy KSOS are highly trained and have layed traps and roadblocks all over the city to slow the advance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

9. Post #1409
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    2,819 Posts
    Karoo Desert, South Africa
    1100 hours SAST, 7/11/2016

Amidst the tensions between Kraaivuur Intl. and DNH, Penumbra Corporation have begun air patrol routes from Amber Leaf AFB to FOB Afskrik, spanning across most of the Great Karoo.

(Above) F-15 STOLs adorn with Penumbra roundels scour the African skies on their many patrols, despite many concerns the South African government has towards Penumbra Corporation's action.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

10. Post #1410
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,910 Posts
    As the Karaqi coalition pushes further on into Bandar Abbas, the KNA has been underestimating the enemy since the war started, despite Karaqi central intelligence and Boliverian counselling.

Recklessly sending in forces with poorly planned offensives, the KNA Cobra fleet has taken the hardest hit, especially since the modernisation of the armed forces edict has been halted indefinetly, leaving the Karaqi Cobra and Abrams regiments unable to reinforce.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

11. Post #1411
    January 2012
    1,094 Posts
    The Gecko Group Announces that it has 4 Highly Modified Blackbirds in it's fleet. All 4 are Registered as Civil Research Aircraft and given Civilian Crews.
    (ooc) Haven't been motivated lately, That and I've become the new acting GM for Volf's RP thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #1412
    December 2014
    243 Posts
    1. Faction Name : The Republic of Prochnost

2. Faction Alignment and/or mission : Neutral

"Bunker Beginnings" As the Republic of Prochnost constantly demands more and more military power, and land or budget not getting any larger. Old bunkers have been declared bases and soldiers are moving in to fortify them.

4. The leader of your faction : Ruslav Kuznetsov

5. Territory : Here

I hope I'm doing this right, also I'm pretty sure my image is crappy :/ I'm not super good at lighting and posing.

Also, I'm not sure if I have to edit those soldier ragdolls to have flags, or whatever. If I do need to edit them, would someone be able to assist me in doing so?

Edit

I'd like some criticism on the picture too, anything that can up my skill!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #1413
    April 2016
    591 Posts
    Welcome to the thread!, I might have a retexture tutorial thingy somewhere on my hard drive, i'll see if I can dig it out. It was originally made for a former member of Esp Wars, so it obviously wont be the exact same, but the premise is the same.

You will need:

GMAD Extractor (If changing a Gmod Addon) and VTF Edit, for extracting the textures to paint/whatever photo editing software you use.

:EDIT:

Here ya go!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jiy3i6dhii...Pics.docx?dl=0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #1414
    December 2014
    243 Posts
    A good alternative to GMAD is Gmosh, you can extract stuff, open stuff temporarily, compile stuff and upload to the workshop.

And thank you for the tutorial and warm welcome! <3

Also, when using soft lamps, is there any way to keep it rendered to be able to use something like Dxtory to take a 4k screenshot?

15. Post #1415
    April 2016
    591 Posts
    Hey Guys, I'm working on a couple of poses but I'd just like to let everyone know that I'd like to "reserve" the Titanfall Titans for the KING (Finally finishing the Sabre "Storyline"!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #1416
    January 2012
    1,094 Posts
    Are titans allowed?

17. Post #1417
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,120 Posts
    They aren't really all that big as far as giant robots go, so as long as the usual mech rules are followed then I don't see a problem.

18. Post #1418
    April 2016
    591 Posts
    I think I let someone know about it on the superweapons register a while back, and I didn't get any complaints from whoever that was, if people aren't happy with it I won't use them, simple as that.

19. Post #1419
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,120 Posts
    That was me, and you didn't.

Personally I have no problems with the use of mechs in general, providing they're kept sensible and they aren't used as unstoppable killing machines. Like has been said previously, they're best used as tanks on legs rather than really big infantry. One of them isn't going to make a huge difference in a real battle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1420
    July 2016
    514 Posts
    (First timer here, current situation globally? Checked map and read most of thread till page 15, going to make faction now)

21. Post #1421
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,120 Posts
    Someone was invading Turkey and Karaq is having a civil war in the middle east, that's about it. Both of those conflicts have gone kind of dead at the moment, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #1422
    July 2016
    514 Posts
    KK, do you think Iceland would allow a PMC (The closest thing they've got to security is heavy duty riot police) to purchase and use a large amount of land away from tourist areas, i.e the snowy mountainous areas north of all the green valleys? Trying to think of places to base myself, was also thinking Greenland which would probably be more accomdating due to their very small population and large land.

Actually change Iceland to Greenland, think that might work?

23. Post #1423
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,120 Posts
    Anywhere 'allows' PMCs to set up in Espionage Wars. It might not be realistic, but for the sake of the game you can set up any kind of faction anywhere you want. (within reason, of course.)

You can set up in Greenland if you like, but if you go too far north you'll probably get aircraft dropping polite "go away" letters from Grey Storm and slightly less polite high explosives if those are ignored.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #1424
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,519 Posts
    The Ural Mountains are off-limits unless you want to get smacked by two different factions.

Edited:

Just read through this and look at the map.

25. Post #1425
    July 2016
    514 Posts
    1. Orion Arms

2. Lawful Neutral

Orion Arms is an arms manufacturer, which primarily focuses on the designing and improvement of multiple weapons systems.
    It also serves as a PMC, while having Riot control as a side wing to bring in more funding and order during conflicts.
    The late owner, a history nut, orderd a few personal productions and improvement orders which means Orion now exports remakes of old tanks and weapons for muesems, collectors and reeanctors. Some of these work ever better than their old counterparts, meaning they are still used with Orion themselves.

(Cleaned up, easier to read. Riot control is now less edgey as hell and more calm and collected.)

(Edited to thumb images and clean up post itself and also to respond to critcism - 8/12/16)

Daxter was quite the history nut before he popped his clogs and one of his final requests for a design was an improved (or at least one that didn't break down every 5 minutes) version of the MK5 British tank from World War 1. It made the perfect tank for destroying street barricades and the side cannons worked very well at flushing people out of alleys and side streets.

Febuary: Protester Removal moves to remove another beatnik from the premises of a garden they chased him to. The owner later questioned how the wall of his garden was knocked down, OA representivs blamed it on rioters fleeing the scene. Press rushed to the scene only to find no traces of Tank tracks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #1426
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,120 Posts
    There's nothing wrong with being a shady PMC (a lot of them are), but there's a difference between being morally ambiguous and being a disorganized, violent mob that's probably more of a problem than the rioters they're supposed to be dealing with. People wouldn't really want to hire anyone like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

27. Post #1427
    July 2016
    514 Posts
    (Removed to clean up Faction Post 0 8/12/2016)

28. Post #1428
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    8,256 Posts
    I think the main problem with your faction is that it's a mess to understand, plus you edit/add onto your post quite a bit so we don't know which point to tackle first and foremost.

Try to tone it back a bit and please thumb your images if you're going to be posting a lot of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1429
    January 2012
    1,094 Posts
    Korean Peninusla.

A helicopter deploys 6 mysterious figures into the North korean forests.
    With the three major companies pulling out of the Korean conflict abruptly. The Gecko Group has deployed special recon teams to Probe the remaining Korean defenses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #1430
    January 2015
    26 Posts

Omicron Defense Solutions
    "A clarior futura ad tutiora cras"
    For a brighter future, for a safer tomorrow

ODS aligment leans toward Neutral Good, though it is still largely Neutral.

Omicron Defense Solutions, previously Seranus Security Company, was formed around 6 year ago in Norway, Bergen.
    In the past two years the Company has been changing from being a simple security firm to a PMC, when asked about the change, CEO Kristoffer Melland has announced he'd be resigning from his position as CEO, passing it to Marius Gilbertsen and that this decision was made by him. The new CEO has refused to answer directly as to why it was done, but has said that it was necessary, the new CEO also introduced one of their forces commanders - Captain Aleksander Nilsen. Captain Nilsen has only disclosed as being part of the the FSK, and that the PMC's troops recieve half of what FSK go through.

ODS is estimated to have around 11,000 personnel, not including civilians. ODS seems to have quite a number of jets and helicopters, the estimate to those is around 3000 and 3500, which most of those are helicopters, it's confirmed that ODS have around 1-2 Aircraft Carriers in the sea, meaning the rest of the airforce are stationed in a base possibly somewhere in Norway or on more aircraft carriers.

ODS equipment is changing at the moment, they're phasing out their G36K's for AK12's, although the process is taking it's time, the AK12 is replacing the G36K as the main rifle.

ODS seems to be deploying only it's Rangers for operations inside Norway and for the most part outside of Norway as well. Though it might be only for the time being.

ODS Rangers securing one of their warehouses in Bergen

A picture released somewhere on the web, possibly by a crewman.

Captain Nilsen with a ranger lieutenant and a regular ranger task force
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

31. Post #1431
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    8,256 Posts
    Tbonian High Command has issued an expeditionary force to the Dominion of New Hansa to help defend the CenPac ally from PMC aggression in the region, residents in Swaziland were awakened by the sounds of aircraft moving overhead into New Hansa AFB's to unload.

Above: TPAF personnel resting after unloading one of several transport aircraft.
    Sonic booms were also heard over parts of New Hansa as the TPAF MiG-31E's began air patrols, some pilots getting a feel for the new environment and kicking their afterburners on.

Tbonian High Command has issued a shoot-to-kill order on any GCMU aircraft that dare to breach New Hansa airspace, with the added warning of retaliation for any loss of their own aircraft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

32. Post #1432
    July 2016
    514 Posts
    I'll change Orion to a purely arms manufacturing PMC then, it seems a much better decision. Thanks for the criticism.

33. Post #1433
    January 2012
    1,094 Posts
    Hey McTbone, are you keeping your country Tbonia or the new name?

34. Post #1434
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    8,256 Posts
    Prob keeping Tbonia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1435
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    9,614 Posts
    The new name was cooler doe

36. Post #1436
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,910 Posts
    Ye

37. Post #1437
    January 2012
    1,094 Posts

For the first time in weeks, CEO Catherine Lee is seen publicly. Here, we see her testing a new Compound bow made by Gecko Arms Division.
    Expect a large post in a week or two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #1438
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    8,256 Posts

Tbonian People's Army forces in New Hansa launched a concentrated shelling of a Kraivuur International position in a very surprising attack on Tbonia's part, as it went against their previous defense-only statement.

The attack lasted about 15 minutes, it is unknown how many Kraivuur personnel were hit but footage from a TPAF drone captured several vehicles being damaged in the barrage.

Tbonian High Command gave no comment when asked about the sudden provocation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

39. Post #1439
    November 2014
    400 Posts

The first image has emerged purportedly showing soldiers that are likely connected with a new group that is thought to be active in the region of Georgia, Turkey, and Kazakhstan. More information coming soon...
    (User was banned for this post ("Ignored warning, next post here = month" - Novangel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #1440
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    2,819 Posts
    1120 Hours SAST
    The sudden attack on Kraaivuur forces by TPA artillery has triggered a frantic effort of Penumbra scrambling aircraft to counter the threat.
    PCAF Amber Leaf AFB Command: "All aircrew, we have an emergency situation! Scramble all fighter jets to the runway and take off immediately! I repeat: TAKE OFF IMMEDIATELY!"

PCAF Amber Leaf AFB Command: "Amber Leaf AFB to all air patrol units: abandon your posts to refuel with tanker aircraft at Grid 240274, then head eastbound to Grid 270235 to provide ground support and air superiority in the area."

1305 Hours SAST
    "Fox 3, Fox 3. first artillery convoy hit."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 14Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)