1. Post #2681
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    7,765 Posts

Having maxed out embers at only level 40 sure feels good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #2682
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    7,352 Posts

Having maxed out embers at only level 40 sure feels good.
    Now get those 598 and be truly maxed out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2683
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,992 Posts
    Use your bone shard you pleb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

4. Post #2684
    October 2009
    786 Posts
    Fucking alt f4ers. I hope they die of cancer. Wrecked a downscaled trio of sunbros with a grape only for the host to run and attempt to re summon the same trio. We caught up and he just alt f4. Seriously isin it quicker to just die rather than reboot the whole game. Embers arnt that rare. On aside note pvping at lvl 10 with end game gear that i earned insted of trading for it is fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #2685
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,078 Posts
    Fucking alt f4ers. I hope they die of cancer. Wrecked a downscaled trio of sunbros with a grape only for the host to run and attempt to re summon the same trio. We caught up and he just alt f4. Seriously isin it quicker to just die rather than reboot the whole game. Embers arnt that rare. On aside note pvping at lvl 10 with end game gear that i earned insted of trading for it is fun.
    Personally I find alt-f4er more satisfying because I like to imagine my opponent being really salty to be desperate enough to do that

Does the disconnect softban thing even work

Edited:

Well if you're farming for covenant item I'd be more annoyed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Hong Kong Show Events

6. Post #2686
    October 2009
    786 Posts
    I just wanted to stand over his corpse and point down. He let his phantoms do all the fighting then ran when they died.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Australia Show Events

7. Post #2687
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,078 Posts
    I just wanted to stand over his corpse and point down. He let his phantoms do all the fighting then ran when they died.
    You're the one that pulled off a gank spank so I'd say you're the winner here

You could always try recording your invasion to squeeze out a bit more satisfication
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Hong Kong Show Events

8. Post #2688
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    7,765 Posts
    Personally I find alt-f4er more satisfying because I like to imagine my opponent being really salty to be desperate enough to do that

Does the disconnect softban thing even work

Edited:

Well if you're farming for covenant item I'd be more annoyed
    You need to ragequit like 10-15 times before you finally get penalized (not a softban, that's different). And even then you can just use your Way of White Circlet and get your online back. A softban is when you're caught cheating and your entire save file is banned from the game server.

Oh, and despite popular belief, using Black Separation Crystal does NOT induce a penalty. I even went and tested this and spammed it about 100+ times on different characters and never once got a penalty.

Anyways, how much do we actually know about the Black Hand? All I can ever seem to remember is Black Hand Gotthard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

9. Post #2689
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    10,102 Posts
    Anyways, how much do we actually know about the Black Hand? All I can ever seem to remember is Black Hand Gotthard.
    Not much, my headcanon is that they function basically as Gwyn's Knights for the royalty and do what needs to be done without fuss. Iirc the game says there's three, Gotthard and i'm pretty sure the NPC with the Twokatanas is a second, Kamino i think, but i don't believe we ever encounter the third.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Safari United States Show Events

10. Post #2690
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,992 Posts
    I feel like a vast majority of "Huh, well that's a weird thing that's literally never explained at all" points in the game will be links to DLC.

To name a few:    Inviso-baby Ocelotte, Aldrich's dream of a deep ocean, angels???, whatever the fuck pilgrim butterflies are supposed to be, pus of man's origin, etc, etc, etc...   

11. Post #2691
    President of the Visage Fan Club
    May 2010
    8,871 Posts
    Nada. They were royal assassins that ascended from regular military service or something, only three of them were ever good enough to receive the title, and we only meet two of them: Gotthard and Kamui. What their plans/motivations are at the time of Dark Souls 3 is unclear considering Gotthard was apparently with you in taking down the Lords of Cinder while Kamui tries to impede you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

12. Post #2692
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,560 Posts
    My personal theory about one of the DLC is that we'll find an extra item and, when we'll have it in our inventory, the three golden, winged knights near the end of the Archives won't attack us, but instead pick us up and lead us ... somewhere (I'm personally hoping to fight angelic enemies in a Bayonetta-esque scenario, but what do I know, right?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #2693
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,992 Posts
    My theory about angels in general is that the gods and descendants of gods were like "man fuck this stupid world it's bullshit", and went into the sky or some sort of otherworld to try and outlast the eternal cycle below. The angels in question are servants to these new gods, who command forces in the lower world to keep order, and to keep the way to their refuge sealed.

14. Post #2694
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    7,352 Posts
    I still haven't gotten the gesture from Gotthard, I keep fucking forgetting about him until after I've cleared both the Abyss Watchers and the Pontiff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

15. Post #2695
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    7,765 Posts
    Is Kamui the one wielding Onikiri and Udabachi in the Grand Archives? That's two guys with dual weapons. I guess if we ever meet the third he'll also be wielding a dual-type weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #2696
    October 2009
    786 Posts
    Whats a fun weapon to use at low lvls. Ive got 10 10 str dex. I only have the carthus ring for 13 dex but im planning to get the str and dex rings. Currently im using the crescent axe and broard sword. Wrecking in pvp but i need another good weap to change things up. Doesnt have to be meta just fun use

17. Post #2697
    Something loli Please no dont post pussy toxxes, go hard or go home gays promise ahahahahaahah dick tape balls trump
    September 2011
    26,380 Posts

THIS IS GOING TO BE PART OF MY PVP BUILD
    AS WELL AS MOURNES HAMMER
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #2698
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    6,051 Posts

THIS IS GOING TO BE PART OF MY PVP BUILD
    AS WELL AS MOURNES HAMMER
    Get on my level.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Firefox Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

19. Post #2699
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) rip $5
    Dennab
    December 2009
    8,921 Posts
    need some help at pontif password is facep (facepunch doesnt fit)
    trying to do this at lvl 10 with a +2 weap so a can still invade at high wall.
    I did that by summoning a couple of npc phantoms and attacking him with chaos fireballs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events

20. Post #2700
    October 2009
    786 Posts
    I did that by summoning a couple of npc phantoms and attacking him with chaos fireballs.
    Cant do that. I went with the deprived start dumped 9 lvls into vitality and thats it. Everything else is 10 im using stat rings to use weapons i want.

21. Post #2701
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    22,554 Posts
    I feel like a vast majority of "Huh, well that's a weird thing that's literally never explained at all" points in the game will be links to DLC.

To name a few:    Inviso-baby Ocelotte, Aldrich's dream of a deep ocean, angels???, whatever the fuck pilgrim butterflies are supposed to be, pus of man's origin, etc, etc, etc...   
    my theory on what's up with Aldrich's dream:    the deep sea was a vision of the flooded New Londo, and he saw something in there which inspired him to strike out. especially considering most Aldrich-related mentions of "abyss/abyssal" were apparently wrongly localized into "deep," meaning the Japanese text is presumably "the abyssal sea" instead - as in, the sea situated over the abyss.   

but that's just my immediate impression
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #2702
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,910 Posts
    After going on a losing streak at Pontyff, I'd say that personally I find the PVP in Dark Souls 3 extremely irritating
    Parries are just too powerful to attempt using anything that isn't an unparryable weapon, the phantom range is even more apparent and the continous staggers are just a cherry on top of a shit cake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Italy Show Events

23. Post #2703
    May 2007
    702 Posts
    After going on a losing streak at Pontyff, I'd say that personally I find the PVP in Dark Souls 3 extremely irritating
    Parries are just too powerful to attempt using anything that isn't an unparryable weapon, the phantom range is even more apparent and the continous staggers are just a cherry on top of a shit cake
    Honestly, if you're getting parried too much, you're just being too predictable. If someone has a caestus out, try to gauge how often they parry, mix up your timings and never attack more than two times in a row.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 New Opera United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #2704
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    10,000 Posts
    and try to delay your attacks coming out of a roll, or use the r2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #2705
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,992 Posts
    my theory on what's up with Aldrich's dream:    the deep sea was a vision of the flooded New Londo, and he saw something in there which inspired him to strike out. especially considering most Aldrich-related mentions of "abyss/abyssal" were apparently wrongly localized into "deep," meaning the Japanese text is presumably "the abyssal sea" instead - as in, the sea situated over the abyss.   

but that's just my immediate impression
    Honestly,    this "mistranslation" of the abyss into deep could be attributed to in-game religious interpretation of the same thing under a different name, which happens frequently in the history of the real world. They were somehow able to explore the deepest abyss and survive, which lead to the deacons becoming maddened and obsessed, returning with their findings to Aldrich and corrupting him, rather than the other way around like many think. After all, it's implied he was a fine cleric before this passion for the deep consumed him.   

26. Post #2706
    ( Y )ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)
    March 2005
    15,941 Posts
    There's this door at the rightmost part of the Road of Sacrifices, past the halfway fortress and in front of the black knight, that is locked from the other side. Has one of them nasty-looking crystal creatures on the other side of it. Anyone know as to how one goes about unlocking it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events

27. Post #2707
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    8,408 Posts
    There's this door at the rightmost part of the Road of Sacrifices, past the halfway fortress and in front of the black knight, that is locked from the other side. Has one of them nasty-looking crystal creatures on the other side of it. Anyone know as to how one goes about unlocking it?
    You have quite a few bonfires to get through before you can open it; and then when you get to the last bonfire just follow the path it leads down till you find the monster.    The last bonfire is right before the main boss of the area, there is one optional one. The last bonfire is located in the farron keep area   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #2708
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    6,557 Posts
    -snip, got sniped by a better explanation-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Waterfox United States Show Events

29. Post #2709
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,992 Posts
    Are there any weapons where it's better to do something other than a riposte after a parry? Or are ripostes always the superior option?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Chrome Show Events

30. Post #2710
    January 2011
    454 Posts
    Are there any weapons where it's better to do something other than a riposte after a parry? Or are ripostes always the superior option?
    Fast bleed weapons that stagger well

31. Post #2711
    ( Y )ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)
    March 2005
    15,941 Posts
    So i've got that katana looking thing from the firelink shrine master that does bleeding, and an Irithyll straight sword which does frostbite. I've not noticed either having a special effect on enemies; is that something that'd improve with reinforcement? Heard that the damage scaling is bad, which is a shame. So far seems like i'm going to be using my refined claymore for quite a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events

32. Post #2712
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,186 Posts
    So i've got that katana looking thing from the firelink shrine master that does bleeding, and an Irithyll straight sword which does frostbite. I've not noticed either having a special effect on enemies; is that something that'd improve with reinforcement? Heard that the damage scaling is bad, which is a shame. So far seems like i'm going to be using my refined claymore for quite a while.
    Bleeding, once it stacks enough on certain enemies (including players) will do a burst of damage. No fucking clue what frostbite does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #2713
    May 2014
    678 Posts
    frostbite impedes stamina recovery, which i doubt does anything against regular enemies anyway and i don't think i've ever seen frostbite used by a player proc on another player ever

Edited:

basically, the outrider knights are the only things that actually use it properly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #2714
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    7,642 Posts
    Is Kamui the one wielding Onikiri and Udabachi in the Grand Archives? That's two guys with dual weapons. I guess if we ever meet the third he'll also be wielding a dual-type weapon.
    New DLC weapon.

Dual UGS.

80 STR required.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

35. Post #2715
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,992 Posts
    Dude

You joke but dual UGS would be fucking awesome

Make the skill an arms-out spin combo into double upper or scissor slice

Edited:

Actually, the skill could be something similar to neck swipe. The user brings the swords together at the crossguards, winds up, and then closes the gap like a pair of scissors. If it connects, it counts as a headshot and does near instant kill levels of damage. Tradeoff is of course that it's heavily telegraphed and costs a lot of meter.

Land it though, and it's basically a fatality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Chrome Show Events

36. Post #2716
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,910 Posts
    Bleeding, once it stacks enough on certain enemies (including players) will do a burst of damage. No fucking clue what frostbite does.
    Frostbite is similiar to Dark Souls 2 bleed. Burst of damage on proc and reduced stamina regeneration
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Italy Show Events

37. Post #2717
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,973 Posts
    so i've learned why people say 'don't fight the boletarian knight' in demon's souls, even as a knight he one-hits me while in soul form
    This game feels surprisingly smooth after playing Dark Souls 2 though.

38. Post #2718
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,238 Posts
    frostbite impedes stamina recovery, which i doubt does anything against regular enemies anyway and i don't think i've ever seen frostbite used by a player proc on another player ever

Edited:

basically, the outrider knights are the only things that actually use it properly
    Frost is actually extremely effective on bosses like    Dragonslayer Armor, Lorian/Lothric and even Lord of Cinders   

When triggered, it causes a sudden burst of damage on them. Smaller than bleed, but builds MUCH faster. Completely trivializes them with Illithryll Rapier and Pontiff's Right Eye? (damage boost one)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events

39. Post #2719
    President of the Visage Fan Club
    May 2010
    8,871 Posts
    Dude

You joke but dual UGS would be fucking awesome

Make the skill an arms-out spin combo into double upper or scissor slice

Edited:

Actually, the skill could be something similar to neck swipe. The user brings the swords together at the crossguards, winds up, and then closes the gap like a pair of scissors. If it connects, it counts as a headshot and does near instant kill levels of damage. Tradeoff is of course that it's heavily telegraphed and costs a lot of meter.

Land it though, and it's basically a fatality.
    Make sure when using it to say "I'M FUCKIN INVINCIBLE"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #2720
    May 2016
    681 Posts
    Make sure when using it to say "I'M FUCKIN INVINCIBLE"
    Add in dual greatshields too. Except make them actually useful this time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events