1. Post #2441
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,663 Posts
    so my girlfriend has a bunch of disposable cameras she forgot about, with expiration dates going as far back as 2004

how fucked are those shots? and if they're not fucked, what would be the best place to get them developed?

2. Post #2442
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    6,407 Posts
    u can always try out 1 to see if the results are acceptable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2443
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,663 Posts
    the other problem i have it's exorbitantly expensive

getting all 12 developed with prints would be $200+

(there might be pictures of her dad on at least one of them so at the very least i'd want to get the really old ones done first)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #2444
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,553 Posts
    find a place that will develop and scan them all, doesn't walgreens do it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #2445
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,299 Posts
    i saw a old sigma 100-300 so i picked it up for someone who wanted a zoom but it only takes pictures wide open any other aperture it gives err01, seems like a weird problem

it wouldnt bother me i guess i will see it they want me to take it back or not

6. Post #2446
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,475 Posts
    More of a photoshop fix, but how do I copy and layer over the white space after I stitched this huge ass pano? I copy pasted the left and right side, but I can't seem to erase the edges?

My attempt:

Result I wanted to fix:

7. Post #2447
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,299 Posts
    More of a photoshop fix, but how do I copy and layer over the white space after I stitched this huge ass pano? I copy pasted the left and right side, but I can't seem to erase the edges?
    content-aware fill did a pretty good job on this

It's generally pretty reliable at continuing gradients in skies like that, sometimes just requiring some subtle manual cloning afterwards

8. Post #2448
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,475 Posts
    content-aware fill did a pretty good job on this

It's generally pretty reliable at continuing gradients in skies like that, sometimes just requiring some subtle manual cloning afterwards
    Wait, I did that before, when I save it after I scaled it, it jumps back to the shitty area I marked out?

Okay, it worked, but with my clone tool, I got really patchy skies

9. Post #2449
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,299 Posts

Edited:

yes my second monitor is 15" 1024x768 isn't it stunning

10. Post #2450
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,475 Posts
    Well shit you did a quicker job than I did. Content aware fill, then I use spot healing and healing brush to touch up on patchy parts.

IMG_8012-Pano-2 by Ngoh shian Bang, on Flickr

Any reason photoshop compressed it from a 53mb file into a 3mb jpeg? Or that is usual?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #2451
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,553 Posts
    Well shit you did a quicker job than I did. Content aware fill, then I use spot healing and healing brush to touch up on patchy parts.

IMG_8012-Pano-2 by Ngoh shian Bang, on Flickr

Any reason photoshop compressed it from a 53mb file into a 3mb jpeg? Or that is usual?
    you can only squeeze so much detail into a 2500px wide jpeg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #2452
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,475 Posts
    you can only squeeze so much detail into a 2500px wide jpeg
    Are there any guides to export/resolution/ppi that makes it easy to understand?

Like how do I keep a 187mp photo to be the best resolution for prints or web etc.

13. Post #2453
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,299 Posts
    snip

14. Post #2454
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    6,407 Posts
    Like how do I keep a 187mp photo to be the best resolution for prints or web etc.
    save as a file type that doesn't compress such as .psd or .tiff

dpi/ppi only matters when you're going to do print/web stuff. 300 for prints at 100% and 72 for web

15. Post #2455

(Used to ban users for shit posts)

July 2009
    13,763 Posts
    Had a wedding from 8am to 10pm yesterday, the good news is I'm either going to partner up with this woman I met who is a videographer, or just jump into it myself since I have all the gear anyway and make it an extra part of my package. I can't charge as much as a fully independent videographer, because I can't be doing photo and video fully dedicated at the same time. I'll likely make a $500 add-on for a short 10-15min video with music they give me that's all slider shots or real quick handheld ones. If I take 2 minutes of preparation, 2 minutes of bride and groom, 2 minutes of ceremony, 2 minutes of the general reception (speeches, people dancing, etc) and 2 minutes of the family dances and cake cutting. I could cap it with them leaving, thanking everyone for coming, and maybe doing a quick flash of my business at the very end.

Thoughts? Ideas?

16. Post #2456
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    4,017 Posts
    Seems like you've thought it through and can make it viable. Go for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #2457
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,526 Posts
    I'm thinking that the best way to satisfy my current bout of Gear Acquisition Syndrome is to find a better camera bag. Right now I'm using the one that came with my K1000 but it is unpadded and does not have much room for lenses/flash or another body. Do you guys have any recommendations for bags under 100 USD that I can put a body or two and at least another lens in? Looking for something I can wear with a backpack.

18. Post #2458
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,553 Posts
    I'm thinking that the best way to satisfy my current bout of Gear Acquisition Syndrome is to find a better camera bag. Right now I'm using the one that came with my K1000 but it is unpadded and does not have much room for lenses/flash or another body. Do you guys have any recommendations for bags under 100 USD that I can put a body or two and at least another lens in? Looking for something I can wear with a backpack.
    i have a lowepro fastpack 250 aw and manage to get two bodies, 4 flashes and a 24-70 in it. 70-200 at a push
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #2459
    Glod Member
    July 2010
    4,588 Posts
    I use smaller Pelican cases so I can turn any bag into a crush-proof waterproof modular storage system.

For day trips, I can fit all the camera stuff I'd need into a single Pelican 1150 with an even smaller 1020 velcro'd to the side for memory cards, a flash, lens wipes, etc. I toss the whole bundle in a tote bag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Show Events Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #2460
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    6,407 Posts
    I use smaller Pelican cases so I can turn any bag into a crush-proof waterproof modular storage system.

genius