1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    6,093 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events Winner Winner x 3Informative Informative x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,382 Posts
    Lets see if it takes another 6 months to get this thread to auto-lock.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    March 2016
    162 Posts
    Reposting from last thread because timing

An alternative to TF2Center, TF2stadium, seems to be available starting March 19, i.e. today

interesting timing what with mm round the corner as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    June 2014
    947 Posts
    Reposting from last thread because timing

An alternative to TF2Center, TF2stadium, seems to be available starting March 19, i.e. today

interesting timing what with mm round the corner as well
    I highly recommend players interested in competetive check this out - it offers a lot of improvements and better design than TF2center, and also has a lot of great and talented people on board. With controversy and questionable choices by TF2center staff, I'd say Stadiums the better choice by far
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    February 2014
    713 Posts
    Finally got to try out some MM and it's much better than I thought in terms of enjoyment

Just feels nice to have something organized and high skilled after so long, especially coming from playtime exclusively spent in pubs

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    6,093 Posts
    This stress test has been going on forever but I don't mind

Keep bumping into the same few people and it's overall been a really good experience except for when people keep fucking leaving before the game starts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    October 2014
    102 Posts
    So quick question, beta passes are officialy given out now ?
    Because there is quite a lot of people who got them and got gifted version.

Also TF2 Stadium looks neat.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    6,093 Posts

oops
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    I'll donate $1,000 to a site that's based around chance but not $1 to a site that provides a community service :C
    February 2007
    39,354 Posts
    Come back when you do a 10 hour session.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    June 2013
    53 Posts
    What's the "best" site where I can trade one of my keys for metal?
    Because I've heard that TF2outpost & Backpack.tf can be pretty scummy.

11. Post #11
    February 2009
    27,270 Posts

that explains a lot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 12Informative Informative x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    March 2016
    162 Posts
    What's the "best" site where I can trade one of my keys for metal?
    Because I've heard that TF2outpost & Backpack.tf can be pretty scummy.
    They're fine really, especially for smaller things like keys. There's also bazaar.tf and tf2tp.com if you want other trading sites - none of them are the best, it all depends on the specific traders and their prices.

There's also scrap.tf if you want to do it through bots without any hassle, though the bots pay a bit less than if you find a trader.

13. Post #13
    NSF Sympathizer
    January 2012
    3,936 Posts

Anyone know what this red cross means? I haven't abandoned or lost connection to any comp matches.

14. Post #14
    February 2013
    8,027 Posts

that explains a lot
    This metal eating bug also exists when building a fresh teleporter. If you build one teleporter and it finishes the construction phase, build the second, then start upgrading the first, it will "heal" the second teleporter to full health before giving metal to upgrade the first teleporter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    4,589 Posts

Anyone know what this red cross means? I haven't abandoned or lost connection to any comp matches.
    Red cross means you somehow don't meet the requirements to play matchmaking.

16. Post #16
    October 2010
    1,188 Posts
    Just went and named myself "manuel.rodriguez6" while playing Matchmaking with some friends, dominated some games as Sniper.

I just wanted a name that made me seem like a new player, but instead it became a weird social experiment where people went full racist on me and started spouting Trump lines, jeez.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

17. Post #17
    June 2014
    947 Posts
    Just went and named myself "manuel.rodriguez6" while playing Matchmaking with some friends, dominated some games as Sniper.

I just wanted a name that made me seem like a new player, but instead it became a weird social experiment where people went full racist on me and started spouting Trump lines, jeez.
    You're the REAL manuel.rodriguez6??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18

January 2016
    522 Posts
    I like to think I'd be ridiculously good by 2900 hours, but I'm experiencing epically diminishing returns already at 328 hours.

Wonder if I'll even get that far.

19. Post #19
    December 2015
    902 Posts
    Ugh game froze and it counted as me abandoning

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    10,542 Posts

this is called "smurfing" in other videogames and is generally frowned upon.

but then again there's this amazing trend where everyone decent at tf2 changes names every 5 minute so I guess we should be used to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    March 2016
    162 Posts
    I like to think I'd be ridiculously good by 2900 hours, but I'm experiencing epically diminishing returns already at 328 hours.

Wonder if I'll even get that far.
    Even though it's diminishing returns, there's still a huge amount of playtime between 300 and just 1000 hours that the difference is really noticeable, you don't have much to worry about :P

22. Post #22
    November 2014
    1,051 Posts
    this is called "smurfing" in other videogames and is generally frowned upon.
    He literally just changed his name on steam though??

It's not like he intentionally deranked or started a new account.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

23. Post #23
    November 2014
    986 Posts
    Smurfing is where a high ranked player creates a new account to play with lower ranked players, not when you change your name to trick people into thinking you're a new player.

Another case of smurfing is intentionally playing badly to be at a lower rank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    10,542 Posts
    He literally just changed his name on steam though??

It's not like he intentionally deranked or started a new account.
    but isn't the intent the same?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    March 2016
    162 Posts
    smurfing is where you to play with players at a lower rank than you and thus a lower skill level than you so that you can win easily

what they were doing was just making the enemy possibly underestimate them in an otherwise normal game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,382 Posts
    but isn't the intent the same?
    Not really, he just took advantage of people's preconceptions. He didn't abuse the system to get matched up with less skilled people.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    10,542 Posts
    well I see. thanks for explaining
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    September 2015
    167 Posts
    Planning on getting a Spec KS Strange Family Business but dont know what sheen to get.
    Vote please!
    Winner for Hot Rod
    Artistic for Mean Green
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 13Winner Winner x 3 (list)

29. Post #29
    December 2015
    149 Posts
    New thread huh..

Well, anyone wanna do a Temporal Competitive Team?
    I'm not the best, but i will try my best at being Medic and Demo.

30. Post #30
    November 2013
    886 Posts
    Well, a friend invited me to his party in MM and we managed to win 10 of our 11 games, we had a little of team coordination and victory was achieved, and I'm no longer a Carne Fresca. It feels good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Chile Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    February 2014
    659 Posts
    Apparently the only class I manage to get some points with in MM is Medic. After such long break from normal matches my aim went to shit.

32. Post #32
    October 2015
    255 Posts
    While some comp players are selling beta passes for a quick and senseless profit, others are giving them away to randos in their stream with very little provocation! I'm glad I checked on what Sideshow was up to for a few minutes tonight.

EDIT: Well, this is interesting. I just booted up the game and found this as a random drop:

I knew the passes were spreading soon, but I had no idea they would be so viral in nature. My pass literally generated another in less than an hour of existence.

EDIT 2: It just made another 2!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

33. Post #33
    September 2014
    894 Posts

I got this from a pal.

Edit: Oh wow i just got a gift.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    December 2015
    149 Posts

I got this from a pal.

Edit: Oh wow i just got a gift.
    Congratulations!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Panama Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    November 2013
    886 Posts
    Sign me in to the Pass train

Baby this seems pretty neato
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Chile Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    December 2015
    149 Posts
    Anyone up to play matchmaking?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Panama Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    November 2014
    986 Posts
    i also have a pass

does this make up for my lack of hats?

Also does anybody know if there's a limit on the amount of invites you can send out?

38. Post #38
    December 2015
    902 Posts
    Who needs one? I have a spare pass I believe just add me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,354 Posts

the real competitive meta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

40. Post #40
    January 2012
    855 Posts
    A guy was offering to give out passes for keys and I said I'd buy one if he let me wait a week to buy it from the store.
    Then he told me "Hunt, if you get three golds this match, I'll give you the pass for free"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)