1. Post #3681
    August 2013
    9,635 Posts
    Sometimes it feels good to go back to TF2. Visit a community server and have a laugh with every single person. They can be RED, BLU or the Spectator Micspammer, but hell, this is one of the very, very few games in which you can have a conversation about anything.
    I feel like it's funny how my mindset has changed over the years. I went from killing friendlies because I didn't know what they were, to being friendly because I thought it was funny, to killing friendlies because I wanted to take the game seriously, to acting friendly whenever the chance arises because I only care about playing competitively when in organized play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #3682
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    22,708 Posts
    I dont prioritize friendlies, but i wont hesitate to pull the trigger if they get in the way

Edited:

usually I just leave them be, maybe give them an acknowledging voiceline and go continue playing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

3. Post #3683
    June 2014
    2,387 Posts
    tf2center requires me to undo my adblock (never happening)
    faceit doesn't accept gmail accounts for whatever reason

what else is there out there for kind of casual comp-style play that doesn't require me to make a team and commit a fuckton of time

4. Post #3684
    I love doge and other memes, please post them on my profile!!!
    June 2012
    10,441 Posts
    friendlies?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree x 16Zing x 3Funny x 2Friendly x 2Winner x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #3685
    February 2014
    659 Posts
    I usually just leave friendlies alone. 1 potential enemy less to worry about. And they sometimes throw you a sandvich...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

6. Post #3686
    July 2013
    375 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Czech Republic Show Events Winner Winner x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #3687
    April 2016
    1,001 Posts
    I don't care about friendlies on community/idle/trade/fun servers at all, but in normal matches I don't care for them at all. At first I never really minded it, but when they started to become more common place as well as also started to get nasty about being killed. They are technically griefing the server, as they're purposely putting their team down a person, and throwing sandviches to the enemy is helping their team win. Not as bad as say, Delfy of course, but still bad as a whole.

Then, even if you ignore them for the most part or kill ( wither it be accidental or not ) them, they often started getting into a little hissy fit about interfering with their way of play, which is hypocritical since telling people what they can or cannot do is interfering with our way of playing lol.

If people are still waiting more then 30 seconds to get into a server ( can't say myself, I never have issues getting in fast ), there's probably a good chance they don't want to have to deal with friendlies after waiting to play in the first place. More then likely they want to be able to enjoy the match that they finally got into.

Worst came to worst in quickplay is when there were a bunch and they actively tried to kick players who ended up killing them. This is when I started to draw the line on it. At this point if your that annoyed that others kill you on a normal server you need to start taking your friendly nonsense to community servers. Also, don't give me the nonsense that they don't exist...

They do, stop being lazy... Took me all but two seconds to find Lazy Purples Silly Servers and they have rules against excessive killing:

I also get a kick when they act like being friendly is supported by Valve and fine in regular games. I ask them to provide me a video where Valve's official bots allowing you to live, only to see them squirm for excuses why that's not a valid argument lol.

8. Post #3688
    July 2011
    659 Posts
    I always kill them to the point they want to kill me and everything fixes itself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3689
    July 2007
    708 Posts
    I always kill them to the point they want to kill me and everything fixes itself.
    If they're on your team, switch to spy and disguise as them and pretend to be friendly. Then attack when the enemy's guard is down.

The enemy team will start killing them every time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #3690
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,298 Posts
    My issue with B4nny is that he strongly believes that if you don't believe in a competitive TF2 then you don't believe in TF2. At this stage I find it very hard to believe TF2 can remain in any competitive place given the balances and matchmaking we've been given during its lifespan.
    Imo the biggest reason TF2 can never be an Esport is because the tf2 he plays, and the tf2 everyone plays might as well be different games entirely

Comp tf2 doesn't even resemble tf2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

11. Post #3691
    June 2015
    1,647 Posts
    Im getting back into playing 2fort and it's pretty fun. Sure matches go on for pretty long, but if anything it gets by pretty good if you got a good medic and engineer moving with you.

12. Post #3692
    September 2015
    128 Posts
    I ask them to provide me a video where Valve's official bots allowing you to live, only to see them squirm for excuses why that's not a valid argument lol.
    I don't disagree with you that breaking the flow of gameplay by being friendly is really idiotic and people that do it deserve no sympathy if they get killed doing it, but I don't think your point is really a valid argument.

If "bots don't recognize friendlies, so they aren't supported by Valve" is a valid argument, then "bots don't rocket jump, so doing it isn't supported by Valve." You can say "but Valve has implemented multiple items to encourage rocket jumping" to which can be countered with "but Valve implemented multiple partner taunts and the ability to perform cross-team partner taunts."

With that being said, I mostly play on servers I moderate. One's a 24/7 Doublecross server, and a lot of regulars tend to avoid fighting other regulars if they're friends. It becomes silly when you're playing Sniper and an enemy Scout comes in and wipes out the other 3 Snipers and leaves you alone because you both are silently agreeing not to target each other.

13. Post #3693
    June 2016
    951 Posts
    if your going to kill friendlies just go play cod or some shit like that

(that sounds harsher than i meant, idk)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 21Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #3694
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    9,886 Posts

you don't deserve attention, you're the sort of person i hate the most in tf2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

15. Post #3695
    December 2013
    1,853 Posts

there are servers made just for you lot to be ebin pottic friendlies, why even join a match where people will be fighting for the objective and then expect to not be killed?

16. Post #3696
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2013
    806 Posts

stop posting you fucking sperg

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Sgt Doom))

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Sgt Doom))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Agree x 13Funny x 4Dumb x 3Winner x 3Disagree x 2Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #3697
    June 2016
    188 Posts
    Considering how old a game like TF2 is, no three words grant me such an overpowering feeling of Nostalgia then "from another era." Just feels iconic to me.

18. Post #3698
    December 2013
    1,853 Posts
    My Demoman is right now the edgiest shitlord to ever set foot on this earth.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Turkey Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 3Informative Informative x 3 (list)

19. Post #3699
    November 2014
    544 Posts
    i feel like total shit for using the soda popper exclusively for the scout now

im sorry i just like double barrels but the fan feels kinda awkward for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Indonesia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #3700
    April 2016
    1,001 Posts

I stick to stock scatterguns mostly, preferibly my night terror scattergun. Hell, I don't even use my Aussie Scattergun any more. But if they had made the super shotty from Doom as a promo to TF2, which it more or less would probably have turned up as a Force-of-Nature reskin, I'd probably exclusively use that as my go to scattergun just because of it being the Super Shotty from Doom.

I don't even care for the Force-of-Nature honestly. I don't like how the knock back effects the scout mostly, as it tends to stop your momentum in fire fights, making it a bit easier to kill you if your not careful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #3701
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    10,570 Posts
    yet the fan is literally modeled after the "super shotgun from doom" you so wish for. ironic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #3702
    May 2013
    8,019 Posts

I've always wished there was a double barrel shotgun with no gimmicks
    I just want to bam bam

Also I played this game for over ten minutes for the first time in something like a year
    How is it possible that server quality is worse every time I come back to see how things are
    It's going into the negatives
    (doesn't help that my favourite server finally died to a destroyed box last week)

edit: in related news can anyone recommend any good community servers, on the off chance i keep playing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #3703
    June 2014
    7,220 Posts

If you want to stand around spamming voice lines, wasting oxygen and a server slot, then it sounds to me like you'd have more fun playing with dolls, pulling the string on the back and listening to the sound it plays over and over again instead of playing a first person shooter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #3704
    June 2016
    951 Posts
       I probably should just leave this alone   

First off I was making a joke.

Secondly I never mention that I play as a friendly (I pretty much only do on trade severs), I just think its a dick move to kill them, just let people enjoy the game how they want to enjoy it, its one thing if its in competitive, but in CASUAL just let them be (I mean if their on the other team their just helping you win, also hoovies=sandwiches)
    All in all I feel like being a friendly is one of the things that make tf2, tf2. Like it or not

stop posting you fucking sperg
    While not a incorrect statement, I do enjoy the irony of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #3705
    September 2015
    168 Posts
    Secondly I never mention that I play as a friendly (I pretty much only do on trade severs), I just think its a dick move to kill them, just let people enjoy the game how they want to enjoy it, its one thing if its in competitive, but in CASUAL just let them be (I mean if their on the other team their just helping you win, also hoovies=sandwiches)
    What if my way to enjoy the game is by actually killing my enemys and playing the game like it was meant to be played?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #3706
    October 2015
    13,758 Posts
    Question: How do I get good at Sniper ?

27. Post #3707
    July 2015
    1,824 Posts
    Aim for the head
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #3708
    October 2015
    13,758 Posts
    Aim for the head
    I can't tho.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #3709
    June 2014
    7,220 Posts
       I probably should just leave this alone   

First off I was making a joke.

All in all I feel like being a friendly is one of the things that make tf2, tf2. Like it or not

While not a incorrect statement, I do enjoy the irony of it
    Why the hell would I want the enemy team to help me win? That's making the game less fun for me, there's less of a challenge, and it's sure as fuck making the game less fun for the enemy team.

30. Post #3710
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    13,146 Posts
    I can't tho.
    equip pissgun

31. Post #3711
    October 2015
    13,758 Posts
    equip pissgun
    Already on it

Edited:

Nice.

32. Post #3712
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,765 Posts
    Man, going back to tf2 after 4/5 years of not being able to because of a broken computer feels great, it's as fun as always tho there aren't as many servers as before, which is a bit sad but I get it since it's almost 10 years old.
    I remember going around silly custom maps like achievement_turbo too and revisiting them is so nostalgic.

On that topic, I remember a custom map where you went around on a flying ship capturing points and the other team had to stop you, i remember it being around the engineer update. does anyone have any idea which one could it be? I really need to revisit it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

33. Post #3713
    August 2013
    2,796 Posts
    Man, going back to tf2 after 4/5 years of not being able to because of a broken computer feels great, it's as fun as always tho there aren't as many servers as before, which is a bit sad but I get it since it's almost 10 years old.
    I remember going around silly custom maps like achievement_turbo too and revisiting them is so nostalgic.

On that topic, I remember a custom map where you went around on a flying ship capturing points and the other team had to stop you, i remember it being around the engineer update. does anyone have any idea which one could it be? I really need to revisit it
    maybe balloon race?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #3714
    June 2014
    303 Posts
    Win the daily good reflex lottery.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #3715
    October 2014
    757 Posts
    inject pure caffeine into your dickhole so you the only moves you can perform are violent twitches which totally help going for the head

atleast thats how i did it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #3716
    September 2014
    1,785 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 10Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #3717
    March 2015
    153 Posts
    Hello TF2 players.
    We know how much you love Overwatch and it's skin system so we're about to implement it to every class.

Starting with a Tom Jones skin for spy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Romania Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #3718
    January 2012
    856 Posts
    Hello TF2 players.
    We know how much you love Overwatch and it's skin system so we're about to implement it to every class.

Starting with a Tom Jones skin for spy
    Even though it would never happen given the sheer amount of cosmetics already in-game, I'd love if they added alternative TFC player models for all classes, though that would probably cause problems with the proportions

39. Post #3719
    July 2007
    708 Posts
    Even though it would never happen given the sheer amount of cosmetics already in-game, I'd love if they added alternative TFC player models for all classes, though that would probably cause problems with the proportions

This is probably the best approach.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

40. Post #3720
    October 2015
    13,758 Posts
    Win the daily good reflex lottery.
    Too bad I always lose said lottery.