1. Post #3641
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    12,307 Posts
    Those of you who play spy, do yo usually run around with your knife out or with your revolver out?
    Whenever I have anything anything other than knife out I have urges to switch to knife. So yeah, almost always have the knife out.

I generally switch to revolver instantly after stabbing and turn around to face anyone who might have seen me from behind, other than that I don't have it out too often.

2. Post #3642
    July 2014
    1,233 Posts
    Those of you who play spy, do yo usually run around with your knife out or with your revolver out?
    Depends on the situation, but something like revolver from spawn until the part where i get stabbing and then revolver again when im running away from something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3643
    October 2014
    828 Posts
    the steam awards just tied up earlier today and tf2 did not win the test of time award.
    i'm not exactly mad about it not winning, im just miffed that it lost to skyrim of all games
    The irony is that while TF2 is barely a decade old, it's the oldest one nominated by a longshot. Most of the "test of time" games are 4-5 years old. I was expecting something more along the lines of Quake or Unreal '99 when I saw there was a "Test of Time award". Hell, I would loved to see Team Fortress Classic on there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #3644
    April 2016
    1,021 Posts
    Usually, I have my knife out for that off chance of a pick out of thin air. But I also have it set up so I hit Q ( quickswitch button to last weapon equipped ) to swap to my revolve if I need to use it to defend myself.

Although, I generally just cloak everywhere, so if I actually do get caught they'd more then likely kill me before I could even uncloak lol.

5. Post #3645
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    10,601 Posts
    back in 2008-09 I always had it out because it was so wild with facestabs it actually was a reliable ability in CQC to an extent

6. Post #3646
    October 2015
    292 Posts
    The irony is that while TF2 is barely a decade old, it's the oldest one nominated by a longshot.
    Second oldest. Age of Empires 2 was also a nominee.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #3647
    July 2016
    64 Posts
    Knife when I know enemies are close and revolver for far off picks when I'm away from the action.

8. Post #3648

January 2015
    68 Posts
    The irony is that while TF2 is barely a decade old, it's the oldest one nominated by a longshot. Most of the "test of time" games are 4-5 years old. I was expecting something more along the lines of Quake or Unreal '99 when I saw there was a "Test of Time award". Hell, I would loved to see Team Fortress Classic on there.
    Age of Empires 2 HD came out in 2013 but is a remaster of the original game which came out in 1999. If we ignore the fact that its technically a re-master TF2 was the oldest game on the list. (2007)

Both these games are still pretty old compared to most of the list. The third oldest I could find was Civ 5 coming out in 2010. (With Skyrim and Terraria both in 2011, and the remaster of skyrim being 2016.)

Generally the knife.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3649
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,006 Posts
    Oh lordy lord casual on the holidays is an adventure.

4 times in a row half my team was sniper/spy and if we won is was by the hair's back. I've seen spies running around knifing the air undisguised like it's CSGO. Everyone pretty muchs bails at the first sign of losing meaning there's a lot of 4 vs 6 matches because everyone keeps quitting both teams. It's such a shitshow and I don't know if I should find it funny or sad.

Edited:

Not to mention a few hours ago I solo killed an entire team as a soldier in a 4v5 and my teammates consisted of (actually pretty good) engineer and two spies who had no idea what they were doing.

We really do need an Overwatch style "please don't play this class" warning thing. It won't stop everyone but it would help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #3650
    December 2016
    947 Posts

Assuming this is a scammer or something? Added me to "be friends :(((" then removed me shortly after
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

11. Post #3651
    June 2014
    2,392 Posts

Assuming this is a scammer or something? Added me to "be friends :(((" then removed me shortly after
    sounds like a person trying to scam you but inwardly dealing with the morality of committing such an act
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #3652
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    6,671 Posts
    He's playing the long game.

He'll be your best friend and play games with you for 2-3 years, expose his deepest darkest secrets to you, and then one day he'll take one of your hats and run.

Its devious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #3653
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,643 Posts
    I run around with my ap-sap out because I like listening to his idle banter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #3654
    October 2015
    4,177 Posts
    Question: What custom HUDS do you guys use?

15. Post #3655
    April 2016
    1,021 Posts
    Only Custom Hud Element I use is this one titled "Numerical Health Values".

Makes it easier to read the numbers that appear over teammates heads when you aim at them. Also changes the color of the numbers if they're overhealed or low on health.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

16. Post #3656
    November 2014
    104 Posts
    The HUD i have is just some edits on the default HUD's minimal mode so it's some sort of centered mode instead.
    I don't really want massive changes on the HUD, just centering and adjusting some stuff was enough for me.
    It can be seen here

17. Post #3657
    September 2013
    2,863 Posts
    -SNIP-

18. Post #3658
    April 2014
    1,803 Posts

"Hey girl, wanna make out?"
    "Why? Do you think that I'm pretty"
    "No, we just have the same coloured socks"

Of all the reasons to want to be friends with someone, this one is the strangest
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #3659
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,031 Posts
    It's so annoying to find matches now. Every other server I join is half empty.

20. Post #3660
    May 2009
    244 Posts
    I'd make a "half full" remark but that's just being a dick.

Might just be your region isn't very populated at that time of day.

21. Post #3661
    June 2014
    2,392 Posts
    Question: What custom HUDS do you guys use?
    http://toonhud.com/user/blackavar/theme/OPBAPXZF/

22. Post #3662
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    8,514 Posts
    What's the happening with TF2 these days, boys?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #3663
    September 2013
    2,863 Posts
    does anyone know any servers that run vanilla TF2? Aka: No cosmetics, no skins and no unusuals.

I'm starting to kinda miss this game nowadays.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #3664
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    10,601 Posts
    does anyone know any servers that run vanilla TF2? Aka: No cosmetics, no skins and no unusuals.

is that even possible in the first place? with all valve's hardcode I doubt it.

regardless even if it existed it would have no player traffic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3665

January 2015
    68 Posts

The only time I have ever experienced vanilla TF2 is when the item servers are down. That might be your best bet sadly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #3666
    June 2014
    2,392 Posts

nohats mod

tf2classic (dead)

not sure what else

27. Post #3667
    November 2013
    878 Posts
    Nothing it seems. Some people think we should receive an update soon/this month due to the lack of "big" updates last december.
    In terms of the actual game: nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Chile Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #3668
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    8,514 Posts
    Nothing it seems. Some people think we should receive an update soon/this month due to the lack of "big" updates last december.
    In terms of the actual game: nothing.
    That's kind of a shame. I was hoping that some decent stuff was happening since it's been a long time since I last played.

29. Post #3669
    October 2014
    828 Posts
    Slow matchmaking, and the biggest patch drought we've ever seen. Things are really unchanged since Summer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #3670
    June 2016
    508 Posts
    "Why? Do you think that I'm pretty"
    "No, we just have the same coloured socks"

Of all the reasons to want to be friends with someone, this one is the strangest
    honestly thats the weirdest part of that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #3671
    November 2014
    104 Posts
    is that even possible in the first place? with all valve's hardcode I doubt it.

regardless even if it existed it would have no player traffic
    There was this one server some time around 2014 or 2015 and it was exactly no items allowed ( allowed unique taunts for some reason though ), ran the tf2 launch mapcycle and allowed hldj micspamming AND it DID have quite alot of players when i went there that time.

So it IS possible, but i don't know if people would play that in current year.

32. Post #3672
    August 2016
    107 Posts
    Punchy vs banny (And Moosetits joined the fight!)
    https://twitter.com/MrMuselk/status/817996201681264640
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Lithuania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #3673
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    12,307 Posts
    b4nny's such a it's not even funny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 10Useful Useful x 2 (list)

34. Post #3674
    December 2013
    1,480 Posts
    Everything still sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #3675

January 2015
    68 Posts
    Muselk; posted:
    He isnt gonna give a real reply. He has one of the most terrifying god complexes I've seen...
    B4nny; posted:
    You're either with me or you're an enemy to progressing competitive TF2
    B4nny; posted:
    I went for a walk to clear my mind and get some thinking done. I've concluded that I'm still right about everything.
    This is seriously the guy who wrote 6 pages of feedback and sent it to the tf team? Has he really been helping Valve with competitive mode? What happens when the TF team doesn't include his vastly "superior" ideas into the game?

I don't follow the competitive scene much and seeing this doesn't really encourage me to follow it more. I can totally see how MYM happened if Valve has been getting competitive feedback from people like B4nny. I wouldn't want to listen to his feedback about competitive at all and I can't imagine what it must be like for the TF team to have to deal with him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #3676
    May 2009
    244 Posts
    Well, played my first comp match, was on Process.

We had a guy leave our team within the first two minutes. Even with the bot playing engy on our first point the entire first match and medic not knowing how to leave spawn unless it has a babysitter the second, we actually held out pretty well. We even made it to their last point three times between the two rounds, but ultimately we lost 0-2.

37. Post #3677
    June 2016
    508 Posts
    B4NNY is so stupid, he's a stuck up ass hole (man thats a bad word combination) because he knows he pretty much the most famous tf2 comp player (really not saying much tho), but because hes the face of comp tf2 all the shit that he says in does just make comp tf2 seem like even more of a joke to everyone else, im sure its part of the reason valve doesn't sponsor tf2 either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

38. Post #3678
    Person
    Dennab
    June 2008
    8,233 Posts
    im sure its part of the reason valve doesn't sponsor tf2 either.
    B4nny has absolutely nothing to do with that.

39. Post #3679
    October 2014
    828 Posts
    My issue with B4nny is that he strongly believes that if you don't believe in a competitive TF2 then you don't believe in TF2. At this stage I find it very hard to believe TF2 can remain in any competitive place given the balances and matchmaking we've been given during its lifespan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #3680
    November 2013
    878 Posts
    Sometimes it feels good to go back to TF2. Visit a community server and have a laugh with every single person. They can be RED, BLU or the Spectator Micspammer, but hell, this is one of the very, very few games in which you can have a conversation about anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)