1. Post #3601
    October 2015
    292 Posts
    It was a popularity contest, none of those categories mattered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

2. Post #3602
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    12,312 Posts
    Yep, we didn't have the numbers. Plus TF2 lost a bunch of respect of the gaming community as a whole due to mishandled updates.

3. Post #3603
    February 2014
    590 Posts
    It was a popularity contest, none of those categories mattered.
    Sounds like 'The Game Awards' all over again.

4. Post #3604
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    3,321 Posts
    I mean, skyrim genuinely sitll just as good as it was when it released. tf2 isn't.

not much else to say
    I think that's a bit ironic when you take into account just how few people even play vanilla skyrim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #3605
    June 2014
    325 Posts
    on could argue that using mods to fix or improve upon Skyrim is a part of the game itself. Just like TF2! wait... Oh thats right sv_pure 0 is still a thing. why is it still a thing?

6. Post #3606
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,644 Posts
    on could argue that using mods to fix or improve upon Skyrim is a part of the game itself. Just like TF2! wait... Oh thats right sv_pure 0 is still a thing. why is it still a thing?
    Because people can get legitimate undetectable wallhacks by modifying particle effects.

So instead of fixing the exploit, valve shot the cannon to kill the fly and disabled mods altogether.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #3607
    June 2016
    508 Posts
    euro truck won 2 awards, wtf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #3608
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    10,604 Posts
    im gonna miss punchy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

9. Post #3609
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    12,312 Posts
    He ran flamingly fast and died clueless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Czech Republic Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #3610
    July 2016
    64 Posts
    His ban got reduced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

11. Post #3611
    June 2016
    508 Posts
    what did he get perma banned for

12. Post #3612
    Dennab
    December 2016
    971 Posts
    what did he get perma banned for

being a dick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

13. Post #3613
    March 2014
    968 Posts
    Sold most of my expensive items. It was a good few years, tf2. A lot of fun over 1184 hours.

Can't say i'll come back. I'm tired of all the trading and no fun. I'm tired of the tf2 team putting all the effort into money grab items and the occasional "hey haha we really do care about balance haha" update where they "fix" a few items

I had a lot of fun, maybe i'll come back and play a few rounds someday

also obligatory and stereotypical/cliche "overwatch did everything better." Which isn't entirely true, they do have a few things tf2 does a lot better

anyway bye tf2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

14. Post #3614
    July 2012
    2,503 Posts
    Sold most of my expensive items. It was a good few years, tf2. A lot of fun over 1184 hours.

Can't say i'll come back. I'm tired of all the trading and no fun. I'm tired of the tf2 team putting all the effort into money grab items and the occasional "hey haha we really do care about balance haha" update where they "fix" a few items

also obligatory and stereotypical/cliche "overwatch did everything better." Which isn't entirely true, they do have a few things tf2 does a lot better

anyway bye tf2
    Never forgive turning the huntsman into a class.

never
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

15. Post #3615
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    6,684 Posts
    TF2 is a better base game than Overwatch

Overwatch just does literally everything else better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Disagree x 7Informative x 1Funny x 1Dumb x 1Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #3616
    Ask me about my Guardians of the Galaxy fetish.
    September 2010
    9,163 Posts
    I wish they'd maybe do a re-release of those old medals cuz like
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #3617
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,292 Posts
    TF2 is a better base game than Overwatch

Overwatch just does literally everything else better.
    Now if only would it have the flexibility and mod support TF2 had during its golden age.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #3618
    August 2013
    9,339 Posts

being a dick
    you had to be there man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #3619
    Dennab
    December 2016
    971 Posts
    I wish they'd maybe do a re-release of those old medals cuz like
    im really triggered over it because I was like, 2 days off the silver medal...

Edited:

you had to be there man
    go away u rude bully or i'll call the admins on u >:((((((
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #3620
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    6,684 Posts
    Now if only would it have the flexibility and mod support TF2 had during its golden age.
    As time travel does not exist I don't really count what used to exist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #3621
    August 2013
    9,339 Posts
    As time travel does not exist I don't really count what used to exist.
    I've read this 5 times and i still have no idea what you mean by this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #3622
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,292 Posts
    I've read this 5 times and i still have no idea what you mean by this
    Basically just telling me not to compare golden age TF2 with Overwatch because that era is behind us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #3623
    September 2015
    131 Posts

I was added by the Wayne impersonator and then as soon as they unfriended me, the Mister Bubbles impersonator added me.

At least they don't waste any more of my time with excuses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #3624
    June 2016
    508 Posts

I was added by the Wayne impersonator and then as soon as they unfriended me, the Mister Bubbles impersonator added me.

At least they don't waste any more of my time with excuses.
    i love fucking with impersonators/scammers

Edited:

anyway bye tf2
    i can buy your inv at a discount for pure if you would be interested (excluding any items you want to keep and the more expensive items because im low on pure atm)

25. Post #3625
    March 2015
    154 Posts
    Sometimes I wish that you could use the consumable items as you run around and also stay in first person view.

Being forced to stop in a fast-placed game should have been considered as a bad idea from the start.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Romania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #3626
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    12,312 Posts
    Sometimes I wish that you could use the consumable items as you run around and also stay in first person view.

Being forced to stop in a fast-placed game should have been considered as a bad idea from the start.
    That's the tradeoff. You get a bonus from a consumable, but you have to pick very carefully where and when to consume it, as standing still makes you very vulnerable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #3627
    March 2015
    154 Posts
    That's the tradeoff. You get a bonus from a consumable, but you have to pick very carefully where and when to consume it, as standing still makes you very vulnerable.
    You could say the same about soldier's backpacks. You get a bonus yet you're not stopped in your tracks when you activate them, but you're still vulnerable because you can't switch weapons or attack while blowing the horn.

Why would it be that bad to have the same behaviour for the edibles?

28. Post #3628
    July 2013
    225 Posts
    You could say the same about soldier's backpacks. You get a bonus yet you're not stopped in your tracks when you activate them, but you're still vulnerable because you can't switch weapons or attack while blowing the horn.

Why would it be that bad to have the same behaviour for the edibles?
    You are aware that soldier's backpacks have to be charged by damaging enemies and consumables are ready instantly and most can be recharged instantly by a health kit, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #3629
    March 2015
    154 Posts
    So what? What does this have to do with it at all? Sacrificing a weapon for an item that increases survivability should not put me in danger for like 4 seconds in order to use it in the first place, let alone the weapon switch.

Being able to time your usage would be pretty cool and way more skill-based than going to sit with your back at a wall and hope that no one will notice you

30. Post #3630
    July 2013
    225 Posts
    So what? What does this have to do with it at all? Sacrificing a weapon for an item that increases survivability should not put me in danger for like 4 seconds in order to use it in the first place, let alone the weapon switch.

Being able to time your usage would be pretty cool and way more skill-based than going to sit with your back at a wall and hope that no one will notice you
    Ah yes, heavies healing themselves on the run would totally be fun to fight against.

31. Post #3631
    March 2015
    154 Posts
    Ah yes, heavies healing themselves on the run would totally be fun to fight against.
    Not like they're already slow enough.
    It actually looks better for me than being pinned in a location, helpless. Considering that the minigun is also your only ranged weapon you are dead before you can switch to it and also spin it down.

In other words, there are way too many penalties for a healing item.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android New Opera Romania Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

32. Post #3632
    July 2013
    225 Posts
    Not like they're already slow enough.
    It actually looks better for me than being pinned in a location, helpless. Considering that the minigun is also your only ranged weapon you are dead before you can switch to it and also spin it down.

In other words, there are way too many penalties for a healing item.
    Like their speed mattered on this subject.

Too many penalties? Sitting for a few seconds to get FULL health back. Your own fault if you get killed during that time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #3633
    March 2015
    154 Posts
    Like their speed mattered on this subject.

Too many penalties? Sitting for a few seconds to get FULL health back. Your own fault if you get killed during that time.
    My fault or not, after all these years I still don't think that being stopped fits. Same with sandman stuns.
    But I guess I'm alone in this so I'll just continue to avoid them.

34. Post #3634
    July 2013
    225 Posts
    My fault or not, after all these years I still don't think that being stopped fits. Same with sandman stuns.
    But I guess I'm alone in this so I'll just continue to avoid them.
    Sandman stuns were kind of an experiment. That's the reason there aren't more ranged stunning weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #3635
    April 2016
    1,022 Posts
    Heavies used to just toss the sandvich out and recover 150 health from it by picking it up. It completely removed all the risk out of eating a sandvich and gave heavy access to a rechargeable medium health pack. It was nerfed to make it that the heavy only picked up his own sandviches instead of consuming them for half of his total health because it was hated by a large portion of the community. I think this is why heavies being able to move while eating wouldn't be accepted for the most part. Maybe if he ran it takes him longer to consume the sandvich perhaps.

Anyone else picking up the sandvich though still received it as a medium health pack though, including other heavies. So you can still run in packs and heal one another or heal a medic with sandvich now a days.

Not to mention sandvich is still considered the best secondary for heavy now a days on top of everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #3636
    September 2013
    1,189 Posts
    Why does Demoman say "Oh, that's smarts" when he takes damage?

37. Post #3637
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    5,272 Posts
    It's sort of an older way to say "that hurts"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

38. Post #3638
    July 2014
    1,233 Posts
    Its another way of saying "That hurts"

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/smarts

EDIT

Lmao i had this window open for 40 minutes and didnt notice

39. Post #3639
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    1,304 Posts

I cant join a game without these hackers in the game. It is really annoying. 5 medic bots and the hacker, the medics stay in spawn and heal the heavy across the map so he basically has inf health. Also when you try and vote kick him, instant 6 votes to not kick him and then he turns it against you. Fucking pathetic.

40. Post #3640
    March 2013
    578 Posts
    Those of you who play spy, do yo usually run around with your knife out or with your revolver out?