1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    5,950 Posts
    If we're going that route, then the least worn cosmetic is probably either the Uncle Sam or Amber's Rad As All Hell Hat

J Axer still plays TF2 so he still wears his hat

2. Post #122
    June 2015
    531 Posts
    If we're going that route, then the least worn cosmetic is probably either the Uncle Sam or Amber's Rad As All Hell Hat

Yea but those are limited addition on Purpose.

3. Post #123
    September 2015
    167 Posts

Shall i say more?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    5,950 Posts
    So was the Caribou? It was the rarest prize in the Steam Winter Sale crafting. They're both limited, it just so happens that there's only one of each propaganda hat

Edited:

Shall i say more?
    Does Notch play TF2 still? I was basing rarity on "how many exist vs how many people wear the hat"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    October 2014
    214 Posts
    i've never see anyone wear this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Firefox Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #126
    June 2014
    2,658 Posts
    Did scrap.tf completely stop selling normal stranges? I want to craft a stat clock.

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    10,404 Posts
    i've never see anyone wear this
    mvm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    December 2013
    1,767 Posts
    Did scrap.tf completely stop selling normal stranges? I want to craft a stat clock.
    I checked to see if they are still buying them, and they are. Probably other people that wants stat-clocks have hogged them, so you cannot get any.

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,074 Posts
    I like how a discussion on hats has eclipsed people asking for comp passes. Guess well all haven't lost sight of the true priorities.

10. Post #130

December 2011
    828 Posts
    I'd gladly give out comp passes that I get, but I've been playing for hours and I haven't had any multiply.

11. Post #131
    December 2015
    149 Posts
    Anyone up to make a Competitive Team? So far we are 2 in the team.

1. Scout (free)
    2. Scout (free)
    3. Soldier Roamer (free)
    4. Soldier Pocket (sponge7325)
    5. Demoman (free)
    6. Medic (me, rualdcop)

12. Post #132

December 2011
    828 Posts
    Ever since this last update, I'm noticing a lot of invisible classes with just floating cosmetics.

Anyone else?

13. Post #133
    July 2013
    373 Posts
    i've almost never seen anyone use the pain train though, so i guess thats my nominee
    Really? In pub CP / PL play, the Pain Train is an actual godsend. You wouldn't believe the amount of times I've perceived an actual look of shock on an opponent's face when they realise they're not dealing with a solo Scout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #134
    September 2014
    867 Posts
    man those pass gifts are rolling out like paper.

Guess i might be wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    December 2015
    874 Posts
    Anyone up to make a Competitive Team? So far we are 2 in the team.

1. Scout (free)
    2. Scout (free)
    3. Soldier Roamer (free)
    4. Soldier Pocket (sponge7325)
    5. Demoman (free)
    6. Medic (me, rualdcop)
    I can roll scout or demo or roamer I guess (it'll be part time cause I plan to make a team with friends sometime soon)

16. Post #136
    November 2013
    411 Posts
    I tried out comp but I just don't think I can enjoy it without being on a team, sucks none of my friends play any more. The result of playing on a team of randoms is mostly getting rolled. Maybe I'll enjoy it more when Valve add 9's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #137

January 2016
    499 Posts
    Even though it's diminishing returns, there's still a huge amount of playtime between 300 and just 1000 hours that the difference is really noticeable, you don't have much to worry about :P
    Oh for sure.

I don't really know if i'm good or bad considering my play time. I'm usually among the best in a pub (yay, right) , but every now and then somebody is in the server who is just far and away better. I wonder how many hours they have in comparison.

On the plus side my aim has come back since resetting to the vanilla game. Ish

18. Post #138
    July 2015
    1,269 Posts
    Does anyone know what Medic's "Horrido!" mean?

I know it's a hunting battle cry, but is there some sort of meaning (I.e. USA's "Hooah!") or is it like a cheer (I.e. USSR's "Ura!")
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    5,950 Posts
    Does anyone know what Medic's "Horrido!" mean?

I know it's a hunting battle cry, but is there some sort of meaning (I.e. USA's "Hooah!") or is it like a cheer (I.e. USSR's "Ura!")
    http://www.feldgrau.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21991
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #140
    November 2013
    869 Posts
    Playing 2fort and received another pass, launched the game an received a pass.

Well, at least I made someone happy today.

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    6,788 Posts
    Got 3 more invite passes to give away.

Gone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,074 Posts
    Thanks again.

23. Post #143
    August 2014
    1,715 Posts
    Is there any rhyme or reason as to why the key's price fluctuates? It has started falling rapidly and I'm not really sure why.

24. Post #144
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    3,812 Posts
    Does anyone really believe we will get 9vs9 Highlander in competitive matchmaking?

25. Post #145
    Pyrosexual Member (I vigorously masturbate to flames)
    March 2011
    13,813 Posts
    Does anyone really believe we will get 9vs9 Highlander in competitive matchmaking?
    It's selectable but grayed out. We are going to get it. I just doubt there will be class/weapon restrictions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    16,264 Posts
    1st time entering competitive and it took quite some time to connect + sent to Stockholm

no love for asia pacific

Edited:

And then HK server with 1st abandon, dunno why I got 300 ping

27. Post #147
    July 2011
    591 Posts
    I love MM players complain on pomson and pyro, especially when get constantly denied of their ubers.

I don't get what's wrong with pyro in comp, there are plenty of support uses for it.

1. There are always demomen and soldiers, this means plenty of projectiles to deflect everywhere.
    2. May slowdown uber deployment or even keep it in track.
    3. Works as great area denial for scouts.
    4. With accuracy and flare gun it is possible to make life for snipers harder. Flinching from after burn may distract some snipers.
    5. Back Burner is amazing for ambushes and it allows to kill several unsuspecting enemies quickly.
    6. Decent mobility with power jack.

Also it does certain skill to pull thees things of and not die trying. It's not that easy to deflect rocket at rocket jumping soldier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #148
    October 2010
    1,149 Posts
    MM is pretty low stakes and you should just play whatever you want, but the reason Pyro isn't ran in comp is mostly due to his complete lack of mobility, meaning that the problem isn't that the Pyro can't be useful (he can), but that Demo, Soldier, or Scout just can do the same job but a lot better and faster. Reflects also still don't work well against stickies, which are the main thing you would want to reflect.

29. Post #149
    November 2015
    2,644 Posts
    I love MM players complain on pomson and pyro, especially when get constantly denied of their ubers.

I don't get what's wrong with pyro in comp, there are plenty of support uses for it.

1. There are always demomen and soldiers, this means plenty of projectiles to deflect everywhere.
    2. May slowdown uber deployment or even keep it in track.
    3. Works as great area denial for scouts.
    4. With accuracy and flare gun it is possible to make life for snipers harder. Flinching from after burn may distract some snipers.
    5. Back Burner is amazing for ambushes and it allows to kill several unsuspecting enemies quickly.
    6. Decent mobility with power jack.

Also it does certain skill to pull thees things of and not die trying. It's not that easy to deflect rocket at rocket jumping soldier.
    4 is easily prevented with the cozy camper (which is something alot of snipers use in MM anyways)

30. Post #150
    March 2016
    162 Posts
    pyro gets very easily denied by scouts and demo's stickies, as well as two soldiers spamming them - and since pyro is more of an ambush/utility class they're pretty bad at offence, and terrible range makes them fairly useless at mid.

Of course, in less-organised places outside of scrims and matches (i.e. mm and some lobbies) pyro's still usable, but once you get some organisation going you can't really run pyro full time.

31. Post #151
    July 2011
    591 Posts
    MM is pretty low stakes and you should just play whatever you want, but the reason Pyro isn't ran in comp is mostly due to his complete lack of mobility, meaning that the problem isn't that the Pyro can't be useful (he can), but that Demo, Soldier, or Scout just can do the same job but a lot better and faster. Reflects also still don't work well against stickies, which are the main thing you would want to reflect.
    Against stickies is pretty good Scorch Shot, but I see your reasoning.

However most of time I seen people complaining " noob class"

32. Post #152
    August 2013
    96 Posts
    I think the Vita Saw is probably the most forgetable weapon in the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #153
    August 2014
    1,728 Posts
    Is there any rhyme or reason as to why the key's price fluctuates? It has started falling rapidly and I'm not really sure why.
    Most likely because of the trading and market restrictions being put in place - at this point it'd just be easier to buy keys off the mann co. store, especially for people who don't have phones in the first place.

Might also be the expected drop off, considering how long the keys have been at such high prices (at least 2 years by now?).

Of course I could be completely wrong, and chances are I probably am, since I'm just guessing, but there are a lot of contributing possible factors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    June 2012
    574 Posts

i had never met CANCERAIDS in my life before this but apparently, in a complete turnaround of expectations based on his name, he's a pretty cool dude
    CANCERAIDS is Beater, the guy who makes frag videos of top level players and highlights from each season.

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,448 Posts
    anyone get a problemwith the vanilla hud removing countdown timers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

36. Post #156
    July 2011
    591 Posts
    Well then I got question to you all.

What would pyro, engi, spy would need to be more viable in MM/comp.

Engi I have noticed is usefully on with mini sentries and pomoson.

Pyro have been mentioned above.

I have never seen usefully spy in MM at all. Mostly due people's expirnace and communication.

37. Post #157
    November 2015
    2,644 Posts

I have never seen usefully spy in MM at all. Mostly due people's expirnace and communication.
    I personally think pyro's the only one who needs a bit of a tweak, spy and engie are still useful on tons of maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    February 2013
    7,672 Posts
    anyone get a problemwith the vanilla hud removing countdown timers?
    Like for the Sandvich and stuff? Yeah, I have had that problem for a while. It will pop in and out at random. I also just started having problems with the match timer and payload cart progress bar.

39. Post #159

January 2016
    499 Posts
    How do I get a Gibus?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    August 2014
    1,715 Posts

Engineer, by design, is only going to be at his best when defending, so is only powerful in certain situations, and that's perfectly fine.

Spy, by design, is sadly less effective the more competent the enemy team is. I'm not sure if you could buff him at all without making him too good in lower levels of play.

Pyro is just... a mess. He's pretty useless by design and even years of buffs have still left him in a weird place where's he's better as a support class with his airblast than as an offensive class. I suppose when 9v9 begins he'll be more useful as you can afford to give up a slot for someone to guard the main classes and sentries from explosives, and watch out for Spies. Again, I honestly don't know what you could do to make Pyro better without running the risk of making him too powerful at lower levels.