1. Post #2761
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    5,427 Posts
    Why do the priest psi amp have the exact same shape as the XCOM psi amps? You'd think they'd be totally different since alien/advent tech is completely different to XCOM's even at top-tier plasma rifles.
    Avatars also use psi amps like that. The Psi Amp isn't really an XCOM invention, seems to be something that Tygan may have borrowed the idea of from his time at ADVENT, considering he worked on the psionic network chips.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2762
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    20,267 Posts
    So you can download a free version of the propaganda designer

http://store.steampowered.com/app/43...aganda_Center/

Randomizing comes up with some amusing stuff

Graphic design is my passion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #2763
    June 2014
    8,261 Posts
    Propaganda Center is amazing

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

4. Post #2764
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,134 Posts
    -snip-

5. Post #2765
    :D
    October 2011
    8,882 Posts
    I hope this pic doesn't come out huge... Fuck.
    They broke, all of them, unfortunately
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #2766
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,134 Posts
    -snip-

7. Post #2767
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    10,640 Posts
    Nope, nothing.

8. Post #2768
    March 2009
    20,267 Posts
    So yeah this thing's really fun

Hope it's easy enough to mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13 (list)

9. Post #2769
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    15,925 Posts
    God damn, I don't understand it. I can see them on google chrome but on other browsers and my android they all appear broken. Do these work at all? I tried a different link.
    Didn't dropbox end public sharing a few weeks ago?

10. Post #2770
    October 2013
    853 Posts
    They got rid of the public folder, you can still link individual files.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #2771
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,134 Posts
    How the hell am I supposed to topple an alien regime if I can't spread my propaganda?!

12. Post #2772
    June 2014
    8,261 Posts
    How the hell am I supposed to topple an alien regime if I can't spread my propaganda?!
    Just use one of dozens of different popular image sharing sites? Use imgur or something.

13. Post #2773
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,134 Posts
    Just use one of dozens of different popular image sharing sites? Use imgur or something.
    Yeah, I was joking. Just weird that my brother has had no problems with dropbox but I do.

Third time's the charm?

Mock "film posters":
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

14. Post #2774
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,657 Posts
    do you need the base game installed to use this

15. Post #2775
    March 2009
    20,267 Posts
    do you need the base game installed to use this
    Don't think so.

16. Post #2776
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,925 Posts
    I've been playing around with the propaganda tool a wee bit. The first and second ones that I did utilize some of my favorite soldiers from various campaigns that I've had (originally from Long War 1).

Then I got a bit foolish...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #2777
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,573 Posts
    I've seen that you can get modded content to work if you copy over your workshop content into the photobooth folder, and then I looked at the size of my X2 workshop folder

I think I may have a voice mod & cosmetics problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #2778
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,925 Posts
    I got mods to load in alright for the most part, but a couple of cosmetics had all black textures. Does anyone have any solution for that problem? This is a problem that I got in the past in the base game, but it just sorta disappeared at some point.

19. Post #2779
    June 2012
    228 Posts
    Screwed around with the propaganda center a bit. Looks like I'll be spending all my time in game playing soldier photo-op simulator, in addition to spending it playing tactical dress-up simulator. Won't be much time left for the actual game.

I got mods to load in alright for the most part, but a couple of cosmetics had all black textures. Does anyone have any solution for that problem? This is a problem that I got in the past in the base game, but it just sorta disappeared at some point.
    From what I've read, it has something to do with non-backlit props not working correctly. No idea how to fix it though.

20. Post #2780
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    7,494 Posts
    Do the posters carry over to WotC?

21. Post #2781
    October 2011
    8,882 Posts
    I hope it won't be too difficult to add our own poses, because I'm sure as heck will extract some poses from Injustice 2(somehow). They have victory poses animations iirc and having there would be amazing. Also Overwatch victory poses will probably be extremely popular alongside character model mods(such as Tracer that we already have and imagine Soldier 76 and his poses too).

22. Post #2782
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,289 Posts
    This photobooth thing is fun, looking forward to making commemorative posters after eventful missions

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

23. Post #2783
    Keep calm and JAG
    April 2009
    3,085 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #2784
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,106 Posts
    It's definitely intentional from the looks of it (because the shader cache info is wrong and needs to be compiled for WotC). Sorry to say this but cosmetic mods will break day one of WotC release.

Edited:

I hope it won't be too difficult to add our own poses, because I'm sure as heck will extract some poses from Injustice 2(somehow). They have victory poses animations iirc and having there would be amazing. Also Overwatch victory poses will probably be extremely popular alongside character model mods(such as Tracer that we already have and imagine Soldier 76 and his poses too).
    Good luck with that. Porting animations are a bitch (wrong rotations, different bone structure, list goes on)

Yoir in luck though, robojumper might be working on Gmod-like posing for the photobooth, and it looks promising so far...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #2785
    October 2011
    8,882 Posts
    Good luck with that. Porting animations are a bitch (wrong rotations, different bone structure, list goes on)

Yoir in luck though, robojumper might be working on Gmod-like posing for the photobooth, and it looks promising so far...
    At the very least I hope to make some Smite animations usable, as they import into SDK and work fine, but not with human soldier skeleton ofc. So you have a point, that it might be problematic. Great to hear that robojumper is working on a poser though, sounds awesome!

Edited:

In the meanwhile I'll probably continue porting more Injustice shit and have a small pack out before or on release of WotC to wait out the storm of "oh shit's broke help".

26. Post #2786
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,348 Posts
    Total Biscuit video

For those worried about spoilers, it's pretty light. He only shows 1 mission and it's a retalliation on an existing tileset with a long war feature implemented and use of the reaper class.
    Aside from that it's looking around the Avenger and the features there / customisation.

No story spoilers, hardly shows of the chosen.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #2787
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,657 Posts
    Any new soldier faces/hair/basic stuff? At work

28. Post #2788
    October 2013
    853 Posts
    Any new soldier faces/hair/basic stuff? At work
    Just stuff based on the Reapers. Though it would stand to reason that the other factions stuff will be available.

29. Post #2789
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    4,782 Posts
    Just stuff based on the Reapers. Though it would stand to reason that the other factions stuff will be available.
    And anything they don't add I'm sure modders will.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #2790
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,106 Posts
    Looks like the cut Advent ACV will make an appearance in WotC:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

31. Post #2791
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,180 Posts
    You mean that those APCs will actually be something else aside from props? Amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #2792
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,657 Posts
    oh shit that "beta strike" second wave option. will probably do a run with that, pretty much directly addresses my main problem with 2. didn't expect that at all. nice.

33. Post #2793
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,703 Posts
    [URGE TO KNOW MORE INTENSIFIES]

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

34. Post #2794
    October 2011
    8,882 Posts

I'm really looking forward to the expansion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #2795
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,573 Posts
    I've seen that you can get modded content to work if you copy over your workshop content into the photobooth folder, and then I looked at the size of my X2 workshop folder

I think I may have a voice mod & cosmetics problem.
    Actually this reminds me of an important question I have about xcom 2 and lots of mods.

For better performance, is it better to have more ram or faster HDD speeds? I currently run it off of 5400rpm HDD and 8gb of ddr3 ram, the end result is long initial load times, significant pauses when loading voice customizations the first time on game start up, and other interruptions.

36. Post #2796
    October 2011
    8,882 Posts
    Actually this reminds me of an important question I have about xcom 2 and lots of mods.

For better performance, is it better to have more ram or faster HDD speeds? I currently run it off of 5400rpm HDD and 8gb of ddr3 ram, the end result is long initial load times, significant pauses when loading voice customizations the first time on game start up, and other interruptions.
    Game is slow in loading in its nature, which apparently WotC is going to fix. As far as I know having more RAM is more benefitial, because you'll have more capacity for mods to be loaded at once. I have 8GB and have more than 60 mods running and it works acceptable for me. Faster HDD will help with loading but that's about it, really. But then again, WotC will imporve the performance(apparently), so we should expect some great stuff from that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #2797
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,348 Posts

I've upgraded both at seperate intervals, (well I went from HDD+HDD to SSD+HDD)

8gb to 16gb ram, while overal performance was slightly better, it did not really impact load times much, i was kind of expecting the sime kind of impact I got a few years ago when i went from 4 to 8 but i was left a little dissapointed as not much can leverage the extra memory, at least not much that I play (arma 3 exception).

HDD to SSD however, shaved quiet a bit off load times. I can certainly say I noticed and felt the upgrade with this one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #2798
    October 2011
    8,882 Posts
    It is an incredibly nice feeling when someone makes a mod for Payday 2 masks and mentions my Jacket voicepack in 'Recommended mods' tab.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

39. Post #2799
    July 2013
    520 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #2800
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,769 Posts
    So I know that Phoenix Point has been kinda of alright in it's appearance at this point, being more like weird XCOM clone than anything else for now. But man, the Short Stories that they have on the site are great. Then again, I'm biased towards any and all Lovecraft-styled stories, so I find some, such as Tomb of Phoenix to be most delightful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Opera United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)