1. Post #1881

July 2013
    8,537 Posts
    "Who's a good STALKER?"
    *is it me?*
    "Who's a good STALKER? Does the good STALKER want this bolt?"
    *YES*
    He's about as good a listener as a dog too, a bad one.

He tries to engage high level military even though I told him to wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #1882
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,676 Posts
    Aw god damnit, was playing AO SRP Mod merge for Clear Sky and after quickloading and crashing after a death, any time I try loading my save I get this

[error]Expression : Ran out of memory
    [error]Function : CRender::texture_load
    [error]File : E:\priquel\sources\engine\Layers\xrRenderDX10\dx10 Texture.cpp
    [error]Line : 450
    [error]Description : D3DX10CreateTextureFromMemory ( HW.pDevice,S->pointer(),S->length(), &LoadInfo, 0, &pTexture2D, 0 )
    [error]Arguments : c:\program files (x86)\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. clear sky\gamedata\textures\wpn\tt33\tt_nimble.dds
    The crash when I loaded my quickload when I died was an out of memory and the argument was all.spawn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

3. Post #1883
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts
    man, asking for tasks over and over again can be beneficial as hell
    yeah, i realized that you can just deny doing the job and then ask if they have any work and can cycle through until it's something you can do right then and there (you can check your inventory by trading with them, it doesn't close out the potential job setup in the dialogue window). lose a few items, instant dosh, and then buy some nice shit.

too bad i already went through the arena and blew it on a seva suit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #1884
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    1,354 Posts
    Anyone know where I can get a Veles detector in CoC? I been save scumming in yantar for 30 mins.

5. Post #1885

July 2013
    8,537 Posts

This guy wipes out his squad commander while trying to shoot a dog, he's also doing those animations they did in Clear Sky which I thought weren't a thing any more.

Edited:

Turns out my companion is also a tiny bit taller than me too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #1886
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,332 Posts
    CoC has been a good game for exercising. With the loading screens that ask for input to continue; loading screens make a perfect opportunity to do a dozen push-ups or something else. Especially with the amount of dying it easily becomes a proper workout.
    Not to mention giving a more constructive punishment for failure other than only waiting.
    I've already seen the change in playstyle make a difference.
    You should have played Gmod 8. I remember the loading screens used to take around 10 minutes. Shit was loooooong

Edited:

Turns out my companion is also a tiny bit taller than me too.
    Looks like it is all due to posture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #1887
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    720 Posts
    CoC 1.4.06 just went up, dunno what changed from 1.4.05 though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1888

July 2013
    8,537 Posts
    Might fix a bug related to stashes according to the comments.

I did just crash after trying to open one myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #1889
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    1,354 Posts
    Might fix a bug related to stashes according to the comments.

I did just crash after trying to open one myself.
    Stashes crashed for me constantly when I had a bunch of shit to store. Was annoying

10. Post #1890
    Ok, i have COC. Do i get AO3, or OWR3? Which does what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 New Opera United States Show Events

11. Post #1891
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts
    i'm not even sure, but there seems to be more support for ao3 than owr3 with other addons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1892
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,389 Posts
    Ok, i have COC. Do i get AO3, or OWR3? Which does what?
    Arsenal Overhaul 3 adds a lot of weapons and weapon mods. Original Weapon Renewal 3 is more light, updates the original weapon model and add a few extra weapons.

I would go for Original Weapon Renewal 3 for first tries.

i'm not even sure, but there seems to be more support for ao3 than owr3 with other addons.
    I think is because OWR 3 doesn't modify that many files unlike AO 3 and that is why it needs more compability patches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Show Events

13. Post #1893
    Arsenal Overhaul 3 adds a lot of weapons and weapon mods. Original Weapon Renewal 3 is more light, updates the original weapon model and add a few extra weapons.

I would go for Original Weapon Renewal 3 for first tries.

I think is because OWR 3 doesn't modify that many files unlike AO 3 and that is why it needs more compability patches.
    I'm not NEW to STALKER.

So i'm just gonna go AO3, then.

14. Post #1894
    November 2010
    328 Posts
    You can always check the patch notes here

http://coc.epicstalker.com/patches/Patch_Notes.txt

So bookmark if if you're curious what's changed every patch

Also take notice that any config in gamedata overwrites db files. So if you use a mod that modifies for example, m_stalker.ltx, even if you install the new patch that modifies that file it won't be applied properly as the mod files overwrite db stuff.

So be sure to delete all the conflicting mods before applying a new patch if you have any crashes to eliminate the possibility of a corrupted game. This is AFAIK and anyone more in the known please correct me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

15. Post #1895
    why
    November 2007
    313 Posts
    Anyone know how to get rid of the headbob in 1.4? Cam_inert is doing nothing/there's no effectors.ltx file
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1896
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    9,655 Posts

gather round, children
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

17. Post #1897
    November 2010
    328 Posts
    Does anyone have the deagle brand deagle or adjustable butt pics anymore?
    This question deserves answering
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1898
    I swear to fucking god, i can't open a fucking container in CoC without the game crashing. This is fucking stupid.

19. Post #1899

July 2015
    92 Posts
    Aw god damnit, was playing AO SRP Mod merge for Clear Sky and after quickloading and crashing after a death, any time I try loading my save I get this
    Try using DX9 Enhanced instead of DX10. Did you remove windows update KB2670838? You need to for DX10.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPad Safari Singapore Show Events

20. Post #1900
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,676 Posts
    Try using DX9 Enhanced instead of DX10. Did you remove windows update KB2670838? You need to for DX10.
    Is that a thing for Win 10? Also, damnit the unofficial patch for Autumn Aurora 2 causes crashing too. I am having some real bad luck now

[error]Expression : fatal error
    [error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
    [error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engi ne.cpp
    [error]Line : 73
    [error]Description : <no expression>
    [error]Arguments : LUA error: ...ow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\bind_stalker.script:93: attempt to index global 'ogsm_funcs' (a nil value)
    Anyone know of a fix for that? All the things that patch adds seems really cool and I'd hate to have to lose them

21. Post #1901
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,098 Posts
    I swear to fucking god, i can't open a fucking container in CoC without the game crashing. This is fucking stupid.
    Patch 1.4.06 seems to fix that. Unless you're on that patch... in which case, there's probably an 07 comin' up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

22. Post #1902
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    9,655 Posts
    Can I disable helicopters somehow in coc? They're really annoying and don't really provide anything to gameplay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

23. Post #1903
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,389 Posts
    Can I disable helicopters somehow in coc? They're really annoying and don't really provide anything to gameplay
    Doesn't disabling helicopters patrols in Options > Game does that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Show Events

24. Post #1904
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    9,655 Posts
    Doesn't disabling helicopters patrols in Options > Game does that?
    oh

yeah probably
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

25. Post #1905
    Patch 1.4.06 seems to fix that. Unless you're on that patch... in which case, there's probably an 07 comin' up
    Yeah, i'm on that patch.

26. Post #1906
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,570 Posts
    Man, it's crazy to see how active this thread is again.

Have this bit of nostalgia    even if I never made it into one   :

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #1907
    Resident IFAP Phantas- magor- iologist
    July 2010
    9,245 Posts
    It was always my dream to be cool enough to be in one of those.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

28. Post #1908
    wow ok
    December 2007
    17,714 Posts
    Man, it's crazy to see how active this thread is again.

Have this bit of nostalgia    even if I never made it into one   :

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #1909
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts
    reminds me of those stalker online group photos

always wanted to be in one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #1910
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,098 Posts
    Holy shit, this was 7 years ago! I'm the old stalker with the white whiskers, center-right.

Playing a new game on 1.4.06. I crashed when I attempted to stealthkill via backstab a lone bandit.

Code:
    FATAL ERROR 
    [error]Expression    : !b_assert
    [error]Function      : HUD_SOUND_COLLECTION::FindSoundItem
    [error]File          : HudSound.cpp
    [error]Line          : 162
    [error]Description   : sound item not found in collection
    [error]Arguments     : sndShot

stack trace:

0023:005670F3 xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fail()
    0023:0560927D xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::IgnorePause()
    0023:05606CE5 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::IgnorePause()
    0023:0584D8A3 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::IR_UIOnKeyboardHold()
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

31. Post #1911
    April 2010
    818 Posts
    Stalker Bros 2k16 when?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox France Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

32. Post #1912
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2011
    3,896 Posts
    I remember being in one of the StalkerBro pictures but I can't find it, the 2012 one iirc

Edited:

back when Green was posting creepy fan fiction and a quarter of the posts were Beacon's challenges working on Redux, good times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #1913
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,676 Posts
    I hate the window blowing particle(?) that the particle paradise thing has, keeps making me think there is a gravitational anomaly infront of me.

Edit: Eh, I'll just go back to the normal CoC particles. I would really love to have the particles that Autumn Aurora has. Those are really cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Steam United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #1914
    ( Y )ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)
    March 2005
    15,934 Posts
    I don't actually have such a file in the gamedata folder. Could I create it and add those values to override the base ones?
    Probably not. There should be an extraction tool for CoC's db files somewhere, can't remember where atm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events

35. Post #1915
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,332 Posts
    Anybody remember Crisis' bloodsucker art? Oh lawd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

36. Post #1916
    July 2010
    9,245 Posts
    I had a search and rescue quest in the Swamps at the fishery. I was walking in from the southern entrance and got a notification that bandits were taking fire from a Clear Sky group. I get to the fishery and all the bandits are dead, with the Clear Sky looting their corpses and the Loner I was here to rescue crouching in the middle of them all. I tap him on the shoulder and make my way back out of the Swamps. It was a uneventful trek since the southern Swamps are fairly quiet. That is, of course, until I was halfway between the church and the level changer, because thats when the game crashed.

STALKER in a nutshell: A-life doing its thing and the game crashing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1917
    November 2010
    328 Posts
    I had a search and rescue quest in the Swamps at the fishery. I was walking in from the southern entrance and got a notification that bandits were taking fire from a Clear Sky group. I get to the fishery and all the bandits are dead, with the Clear Sky looting their corpses and the Loner I was here to rescue crouching in the middle of them all. I tap him on the shoulder and make my way back out of the Swamps. It was a uneventful trek since the southern Swamps are fairly quiet. That is, of course, until I was halfway between the church and the level changer, because thats when the game crashed.

STALKER in a nutshell: A-life doing its thing and the game crashing.
    Are you on 1.4.7?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Serbia Show Events

38. Post #1918
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    10,003 Posts
    This thread has been part of my finer memories over the past 8 or so years. Thanks, stalkers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1919
    July 2010
    9,245 Posts
    Nah, I'm still playing on 1.3.2 until STCoP gets updated. I just prefer it to AO since its has more consistent quality. It doesnt crash all that often for me, but it still does.

Funnily enough, right as I was getting the hostage back to the guy that gave me the quest, I got an update saying "Help! We're getting shot up by bandits near the farm!" and suddenly the screen went black, the hostage vanished, and I was given the quest reward. This quest almost did itself for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1920
    November 2010
    328 Posts
    Nah, I'm still playing on 1.3.2 until STCoP gets updated. I just prefer it to AO since its has more consistent quality. It doesnt crash all that often for me, but it still does.

Funnily enough, right as I was getting the hostage back to the guy that gave me the quest, I got an update saying "Help! We're getting shot up by bandits near the farm!" and suddenly the screen went black, the hostage vanished, and I was given the quest reward. This quest almost did itself for me.
    I used stcop on 1.3 too and there is literally no difference in weapons. If anything AO has vastly better gun sounds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Serbia Show Events