- Factions
    - NO CHEATS!

142.4.217.147:25669

Latest map (3rd March 2016)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ld2/index.html

Visit our blog and website
    http://www.drakortha.info/the-ancient-world/4561847648
    https://mctaw.wordpress.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,401 Posts
    Beautiful, its a good 1.9 server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

3. Post #3
    July 2012
    2,499 Posts
    Just kinda curious, what is (the) the ancient world pack all about? Does it have a bunch of magic? Does it have old fashioned wind/water/animal powered machines? Crops? etc.

I looked around a bit and couldn't find much information on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,407 Posts
    it's not a pack. the ancient world is just an old server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events

5. Post #5
    July 2012
    2,499 Posts
    it's not a pack. the ancient world is just an old server.
    Oh. I was confused because on http://www.drakortha.info/the-ancient-world/4561847648 it listed TAW modpack.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,407 Posts
    oh yeah we had a modpack in a previous iteration of the server but not anymore. the server is currently just a spigot 1.9 server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    June 2013
    1,558 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events

8. Post #8
    December 2013
    91 Posts
    Looking for a faction to support for the time being, preferably one who was allied with Archwind. I'll build 4 u. =)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

9. Post #9
    May 2007
    122 Posts
    I was JUST talking to a buddy of mine about how nice it'd be for this server to make a comeback!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,401 Posts
    The sun shines once more over The Ancient World. The snow from previous ages is in decline.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,407 Posts
    New Blog post about the upcoming continent;
    https://mctaw.wordpress.com/2016/03/...w-age-preview/

12. Post #12
    March 2016
    13 Posts
    Show more in your Trailer! Why i should play on your server? Build this answer in the trailer!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,407 Posts
    Show more in your Trailer! Why i should play on your server? Build this answer in the trailer!
    Here you go

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,401 Posts
    -snip-

Drak, whenever I can I'm trying to spread this servers name and get new players on it, I advertise it almost everywhere trying to get some more folks to enjoy what I've enjoyed here. Trying to get some new players in the mix is whats best for this server and upcoming new age which by the way, I can't wait for.

15. Post #15
    July 2012
    200 Posts
    if you don't cheat, you don't get banned ;^)

the past is water under the bridge, drak and i are best buddies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,401 Posts
    -snip-
    Edited:

if you don't cheat, you don't get banned ;^)

the past is water under the bridge, drak and i are best buddies
    If you want to set up some plugins as an anticheat I'll even help you test them until we get it just right, I'm totally serious, lets be productive and we can get a solution.

17. Post #17
    June 2013
    1,558 Posts
    Any way to get whitelisted? Username is _incoming_ if so
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,407 Posts
    Any way to get whitelisted? Username is _incoming_ if so
    No whitelist, just jump in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,401 Posts
    Hey Drak just some thoughts for the new island you are working on, I saw that you wanted to add some snowy areas so maybe a sort of ice/glacier area can be added consisting of a large double maybe triple layer ice sheet off the coast consisting of packed ice, ice and snow blocks maybe packed ice spires as well as some snow caves and such. Think of the sea of ghosts in Skyrim sorta, would be a cool little change from the norm and would add a bit of mass to the size of the continent if people wanted to build out on the ice sheet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member

May 2011
    3,022 Posts
    If you're going to build out on the ice you should have to use small builds of lighter materials, like snow blocks and igloos, small shacks, etc.

No giant castles built on the ice over the ocean plz (At least, if you do, it better go to the sea floor).

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,407 Posts
    I'm thinking about holding some kind of Creative build competition for ice themed dungeons. Anything decent can be used on the new continent we're putting together. I'm also taking "ruin build" submissions. You can either build them in singleplayer and send me the download, or they can be built in our creative sandbox on the server. Builds will be used to populate the new continent with explorable areas and mob zones.

Edited:

New blog post;
    https://mctaw.wordpress.com/2016/03/13/a-new-evil/

Something unexpected appeared today on the continent of Blue Peaks. Something familiar, but not quite. Aqua, shard like blocks formed themselves in the Icy lakes of the region and spread outwards, spewing out creatures of unknown origin. Before retreating, responding fighters reported actually being lifted and thrown telekinetically. Video was captured of the event. Viewer discretion is advised – some may find this footage disturbing.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,407 Posts

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,407 Posts
    More Machinima stuff posted up on the blog; https://mctaw.wordpress.com/2016/03/...aft-short-film

Tonybuttface Productions visited The Ancient World yesterday to record a new Minecraft short filmed titled “The Catgroove”, staring members from our very own community. Below you can view some screenshots of the event, a behind the scenes video, and finally the complete video itself!

Thank you very much to the following players for their contribution to the project!
    Tobimeller, Stormin_Morman, Doylinator, Meal, Cavedweller, Janpan, FroggyDeluxe, Geza, Ayleids, Osumaru, daniel0410, uonheinrich, Charty, PolarBear_Laila.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,407 Posts
    Two bits of important news:
    https://mctaw.wordpress.com/2016/03/...th-pick-locks/

On April 16th lockette will be removed from The Ancient World and be limited to The New World only.

and:
    https://mctaw.wordpress.com/2016/03/...-up-for-grabs/

Right now there are 5 plots up for rent in the upper city area of Ironheart. Prices have been set & the currency is emeralds, although this is planned to change to something like netherquartz. Fair warning – currency item & value may be altered in the near future as we’re very early in. I’m also planning on adding a chest shop plugin so you can create shops out of your plots!

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    7,121 Posts
    The plot rent rates right now are just straight-up highway robbery
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Hungary Show Events

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,407 Posts
    The plot rent rates right now are just straight-up highway robbery
    The value of diamonds has been increased a bit, and there's now some cheaper plots available in the city.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,248 Posts
    It's good to be back, even though I died 8 minutes after joining when I teleported to the rift.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,407 Posts
    It's good to be back, even though I died 8 minutes after joining when I teleported to the rift.
    Welcome back

Edited:

New blog post:
    https://mctaw.wordpress.com/2016/03/...-2016-gallery/

We welcome everyone to share their own screenshots from these past months in the comment section below! Thank you everyone for playing!

Sincerely, TAW staff.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    4,873 Posts
    wow this is still alive?

how many years has it been?

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,407 Posts
    wow this is still alive?

A few! The map was first generated in 2010 & the server started in 2011.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,248 Posts
    A few! The map was first generated in 2010 & the server started in 2011.
    Always fun going to old bases and finding signs you and your faction members put down in 2012.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,401 Posts
    wow this is still alive?

A long time, come play again! 1.9 is loads of fun.

33. Post #33
    May 2011
    1,109 Posts
    Coldwave, I haven't seen you on. I recently came back on and I'd love to see what you're up to on the server.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,401 Posts
    Been with my faction Valkyria, mostly building up our old homeland in the blue peaks. what's your username Pinhead? It's been since continents I think since I've seen you play, time has flown.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,047 Posts
    Having troubles connecting, is this due to update?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,407 Posts
    Having troubles connecting, is this due to update?
    The server was down for a couple of hours earlier, we're back online now just make sure you are running 1.9 +.

37. Post #37
    May 2011
    1,109 Posts
    Been with my faction Valkyria, mostly building up our old homeland in the blue peaks. what's your username Pinhead? It's been since continents I think since I've seen you play, time has flown.
    Names Dajukester on server.

38. Post #38

February 2012
    118 Posts
    Do you ever plan on opening up Orrostar again? I remember that map being very cool to explore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,407 Posts
    Do you ever plan on opening up Orrostar again? I remember that map being very cool to explore
    In the future Orrostar will return, yes

Edited:

New blog post! https://mctaw.wordpress.com/2016/04/...onheart-spawn/

Community area built my Mini & Stg!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,401 Posts
    Why mate? Why is all I can ask right now, why destroy my faction mates and friends hours and hours and HOURS of hard work for something I did alone by myself?

I get it, I'm an awful person to most of the moderators because I like to mod the most modifiable game on the planet, I don't deny it but why did that have to happen to my innocent faction mates who also love the server to death? If its all of our items you want just tell us what to hand over and Id make them give it over, or you could even WIPE THE CHESTS but why put a wither right in our bunker? Destroying and decimating an ages old faction home for what purpose? Some of our members love server so much that getting home to play was a highlight. Today was payday here for us EST'ers and two faction mates were going to drop $20 each onto the patreon and I was going to set down $15 because we like the server that much but now we/I just can't Drak and I'm sorry. Just help me understand what point you tried to prove?