1. Post #41

February 2012
    119 Posts
    It's fucking Orrostar all over again. Drak takes a hissy fit over something trivial and starts acting as if he's some sort of god. He demodded all but one moderator too. I love the server's community and map, but the owner is fucking dysfunctional.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,407 Posts
    A week ago we decided the faction should be removed from the map due to complete cheating and hacking and base being full of illegal items. I was waiting on Mythicmobs to update so at least it could be a fun and unique twist. But the cheating kept going on and on so something needed to be done. Our lenience could only stretch so far.. Coldwave got banned again (surprise) and so was another faction member. (no cheating is just one of our 3 simple server rules, to keep the game balanced and fair for everyone). I kept putting it off because i didn't feel like doing it. Then this morning I got it over with while half asleep with a sigh under my breath..

Moderators were demoted because I haven't been around recently and with the cheaters gone for now I wanted to keep things simple. If you need help with anything just mail me, I'll get back to you. We're still working on the new continents. It's just too bad our moderators have spent a lot of time over the past week trying to find all the OP loot these cheaters hid all over their base in secret places. I think anyone would agree our time is better spent on other things..

Edited:

By the way everyone, we now have a patreon page so if you enjoy the server on offer please show us your support with a donation. It will help us a lot, thank you.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3105797&ty=h
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    September 2014
    96 Posts
    Haha, you people are literally one of the most retarded groups on the server, I was rifted five times and I don't give a shit, it gave me the strength and motivation to launch my grand offensive. Any setback and you people flip out and "leave the server" (I suspect you'll be back next week) Learn to take a hit and if you can't handle setbacks or not getting your way then this isn't really the server for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,407 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events

5. Post #45
    September 2012
    81 Posts
    A week ago we decided the faction should be removed from the map due to complete cheating and hacking and base being full of illegal items. I was waiting on Mythicmobs to update so at least it could be a fun and unique twist. But the cheating kept going on and on so something needed to be done. Our lenience could only stretch so far.. Coldwave got banned again (surprise) and so was another faction member. (no cheating is just one of our 3 simple server rules, to keep the game balanced and fair for everyone). I kept putting it off because i didn't feel like doing it. Then this morning I got it over with while half asleep with a sigh under my breath..

Moderators were demoted because I haven't been around recently and with the cheaters gone for now I wanted to keep things simple. If you need help with anything just mail me, I'll get back to you. We're still working on the new continents. It's just too bad our moderators have spent a lot of time over the past week trying to find all the OP loot these cheaters hid all over their base in secret places. I think anyone would agree our time is better spent on other things..

Edited:

By the way everyone, we now have a patreon page so if you enjoy the server on offer please show us your support with a donation. It will help us a lot, thank you.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3105797&ty=h
    See drak this is where your idealogy of "swift justice" is plain wrong. Any and all loot we have were found and recovered legitametly. You forget when your server was on the modpack and entirely dead we the "all cheater" faction still continued to work on your server. We love the style you have for the server but christ sakes drak you dont go and lump the whole faction into punishment for a single players actions. The loot was legit and we have had most of it since age of darkness 2 when we first found thay place. We have shown undying support for you and Coldwave and our friend Jaybe have all helped you in your efforts to keep things on the server going and you go and ruin the experience for players in the faction who were just getting into taw and players like me who played legit and actually worked with admins to get problems sorted. Meal had even gone into the base and wiped all "duped" gear or so he called it. Then doyle and meal came through and wiped "cheated" gear. Now you think we have more cheated gear? Are you just upset we progressed faster and kept our faction well off despite you wiping almost all our wealth? Time and time again you have accused us and time and time again we have complied with your wishes and we are still punished unjustly. Now your siding with the literal cancer of the server who just like you think of us has caused you nothing but problems. Dimartino harrasses every player on the server and has made Vami seemingly quit and multiple others. Meal use to harass you as well and was just a general dick. Yet you now basically let them control the server and do as they will but the so called "cheater" faction cant stay neutral out of every conflict and just spend their time actually being the only ones fighting rifts rebuilding ruins and expanding into something. Nope just keep oppressing the ones who want to actually make a positive impact on the server and praise the ones who only ever want to start shit. Good Job yet again Drakortha. Kinda like the saying you fool me once shame on me fool me twice shame on you. You did this once on Orrostar mostly due to player issues. We looked past it and stayed positive about you and the server and still tried to,gain people back for you. You do this again after everything we as your players have done for you shame on you Drak.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    July 2011
    4 Posts
    http://pastebin.com/nSi0xynQ

Drakortha never responded to Soner's last pleas. Our factions are not going back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    June 2013
    49 Posts
    Rifting has always been a massive part of the server for the last five years or more. PvP has always attracted rifts. It has literally always been a thing for the server's long lifespan.

This latest one was the first one in a long time with an additional reason, Coldwave has been caught cheating three times in the last few weeks, including on an alt, and it's safe to say a great deal of his factionmates are aware of that. The logs were checked, plenty of loot in that base is the product of his cheating habits (habits he has, in fairness, came clean about several times). There is no guesswork.

Moderators are not the sole deciding factor in ban duration otherwise he would probably have been permanently banned long ago. It's a forgiving server, but Coldwave has been given more than enough chances. He has repeatedly shown he is incapable of playing the game without cheating.

Outside of players who break the rules, there are no 'hit lists' for factions. This is absurd and I have no idea where that idea spawned from. Probably hearsay that somebody took as fact. We work on an individual player basis, but the only player we've caught repeatedly cheating is the same player, Coldwave. He shows no signs of stopping it. Making vague references to donating to the server on Facepunch, like he has, is irrelevant, not a free pass to cheat.

As for that pastebin, I wish I could have been present to participate in that conversation. There's definitely some misinformation on both sides that I don't care to go into on a public forum and a lot of issues could be easily resolved.

Just move on. Learning to adapt after being struck is a big part of the server. We have all been rifted before. Don't be so personally offended and think there's some great conspiracy against your group that doesn't exist. As an individual, if you want to play the server, play it without cheats. You won't be caught if you're not cheating, it's as simple as that. It will absolutely save time for the moderators not having to play detective all of the time, putting our efforts to more productive tasks (such as finishing the upcoming continent and ensuring it's a fun period of time for all players.)

Moderators are here to try and ensure as fair a playing field as we realistically can for all players, hopefully resulting in a more fun experience. We are not here to antagonise groups of people. Help us help you, that's all I can offer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #48
    September 2014
    96 Posts
    I've never understood your constant hostility and backwards thinking, no one even does anything to you and you harass them to hell and back with your pitiful wars. You've made new players quit, yet somehow the moderators love you for some reason.
    Yeah, the moderators really love me. Drak could have rifted you for literally any reason at all and as doyle pointed out, it's part of the server. You aren't special or anything, you have to deal with the same shit that everyone else has to deal with. Maybe you're just too spoiled from gackels "age" and forgot how to live like the rest of us.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

9. Post #49

August 2014
    16 Posts
    Just as Doyle said, if one of your members is cheating, that does not mean you are going to get rifted or everyone in your faction is to be punished. A member of Northport, a member of Yaemrk, and a member of Windvale were all caught using cheats, and those members were promptly banned. There were no rifts in response to that, as it was just an individual cheating. The rest of the faction was oblivious to the cheats, and were unaffected (besides a wipe of items of theirs that the cheater had in his inventory or chests, if they happened to have any).

Now, in the case of Coldwave, everyone in his faction knew he was a cheater. They continued to keep him around despite knowing this, thinking that he's changed (But I get it, he's their friend and one of the reasons they play on the server). I mean I watched as they stored a pickaxe with level 127 in every possible enchant in their public chest. They all knew it was there, they watched as one of their members mined emerald ore with it to gain vast amounts of emeralds. This wasn't the first of these pickaxes, either, I was told. These instances of cheating and exploitation coupled with the fact that they were involved in a war and repeatedly asked for rifts, led to the decision that a rift was to be their punishment.

If you know someone has illegitimate items in your faction or is using hacks, turn them in. Turning a blind eye and profiting from their exploitation will do nothing but harm for your entire faction in the long run.

You can't say this is an old item, either. This was recently spawned in. Frost Walker 127.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    June 2013
    2,588 Posts
    So I've been reading up on this arguing and all and I'm kinda curious, You're accusing them of using unlegit items and yet why do they exist in the first place?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events

11. Post #51

August 2014
    16 Posts
    I'm not allowed to disclose how they obtained the items, as the method they used can be replicated. Action has been taken, though.

12. Post #52
    July 2012
    200 Posts
    Hey, I've been gone at a conference since Friday, sleeping on the floor of a hotel room, so I missed all the fun stuff but I wanted to drop a few words on the stuff I could...

Cheating on the server is against the rules, it always has been and throughout most of the server's history it resulted in a "permanent" ban ... The reason ColdWave had the opportunity to get banned so many times for the same offense (cheating) in such a short time span is because we genuinely believed he liked the server and a lot of the time his cheating wasn't malicious in intent (he wasn't using forcefield in fights for example). But the rules are there for a reason and I think we figured that if he really did love the server so much he would make the effort to stop doing the one thing that would get him perma-banned from it. That clearly wasn't the case and as it became increasingly obvious that his factionmates were aware of his cheating/more signs of foul play came out of their faction I think Drak just lost his patience with them. It was always the same pattern: We catch them cheating, they try to deflect blame but also say they love the server/how much it means to them, we unban them after a short while, cycle repeats.

I hope im making sense, if you had just played legit after the first offense there wouldnt be a problem

13. Post #53
    June 2013
    2,588 Posts
    I'm not allowed to disclose how they obtained the items, as the method they used can be replicated. Action has been taken, though.
    So basically you guys are incapable of stopping them from getting these unlegit items and you decide to punish them harshly for it? wouldn't you kinda think you should fix it at the source if you've given them such a chance not to do it?

14. Post #54

August 2014
    16 Posts
    So basically you guys are incapable of stopping them from getting these unlegit items and you decide to punish them harshly for it? wouldn't you kinda think you should fix it at the source if you've given them such a chance not to do it?
    Incapable of stopping them from getting the items? I just said action was taken, it is no longer possible for them to get these items.

It's simple, if you find a bug with a plugin, you report it. They did no such thing, and used it for personal gain.

15. Post #55
    June 2013
    2,588 Posts
    Incapable of stopping them from getting the items? I just said action was taken, it is no longer possible for them to get these items.

It's simple, if you find a bug with a plugin, you report it. They did no such thing, and used it for personal gain.
    I still see partly as to how it's your guys fault that the items even existed, You should of done some testing before adding it to the server so it wouldn't be used to do this. Honestly in my opinion I feel like this wasn't a "Bug" at all and simply someone enchanted it

16. Post #56
    September 2012
    81 Posts
    Hey, I've been gone at a conference since Friday, sleeping on the floor of a hotel room, so I missed all the fun stuff but I wanted to drop a few words on the stuff I could...

Cheating on the server is against the rules, it always has been and throughout most of the server's history it resulted in a "permanent" ban ... The reason ColdWave had the opportunity to get banned so many times for the same offense (cheating) in such a short time span is because we genuinely believed he liked the server and a lot of the time his cheating wasn't malicious in intent (he wasn't using forcefield in fights for example). But the rules are there for a reason and I think we figured that if he really did love the server so much he would make the effort to stop doing the one thing that would get him perma-banned from it. That clearly wasn't the case and as it became increasingly obvious that his factionmates were aware of his cheating/more signs of foul play came out of their faction I think Drak just lost his patience with them. It was always the same pattern: We catch them cheating, they try to deflect blame but also say they love the server/how much it means to them, we unban them after a short while, cycle repeats.

I hope im making sense, if you had just played legit after the first offense there wouldnt be a problem
    The problem is meal is that drakortha and over both think the faction knew of Coldwaves continual cheating. We did not know until you alerted us during the first "trial" we were told by Coldwave after that that he was done using a hack client. The 2nd offense was only a "assumption" that Coldwave had cheated. "running while eating" i believe was the offense. I told the mods the hack client Coldwave used was the same he had used on 2b2t. Which i had knowledge of the client told over and dan several times the client does not have the run eat feature. My evidence was ignored and i was basically told to go screw myself because since a mod believes he is right then he is automatically right no differing opinions allowed. Now this 3rd accusation on Coldwave again was the assumption "our items were cheated in", the assumption "we knew of Coldwaves cheating and benefitted from it" and "coldwave was assumed to be cheating again". The fact of the matter here though is much like the second case where we had evidence proving the mods wrong the punishment still occurred only because you assumed you were right and wouldnt hear us out. Are loot was legit. All recovered over the span of our run on the mainland. Meal you even went into the base and wiped everything that was ever "duped". What we are so concerned about is the fact the players have no basis to protect themselves from over zealous mods who much like on Orrostar had the "my say is law i dont care what your opinion is" behavior.

BTW thanks Drakortha for telling individuals to show no sympathy for me because "Im Scum" very Professional and helps players realize the server owner is talking shit behind our backs. Such a warm and inviting server you got!

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,407 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    July 2012
    200 Posts
    None of what you said is "evidence", Fribbler

... and as for me wiping everything that was duped, that's an assumption that I have to make, I don't know how much duped stuff was moved into chests at bedrock level that I didnt know about and was therefore unable to wipe

19. Post #59

August 2014
    16 Posts
    The thing is Meal I do enjoy the server, I still enjoy it even after losing hours and hours of gameplay. I'm just a bit peeved about this last incident where my faction mates had to deal with a "rift" after me being banned and with one person online who was not of leadership rank. It was clearly Draks intention to just "trinity reach" the fort and call the illegitimate item problem "all fixed" but to think that doing that would fix any sort of illegitimate item issue is ABSURD.

The old xraying I did amounted to maybe a stack and a half of diamonds? Also I can explain the 127 pickaxe in full truth and how it was obtained. So, me and Stormin (now Hakaru) were added to the creative server, now this was not with malicious intent at all lets get that straight right now, we built a couple nice ruins there and had plans to take it even further with a multi level snow castle dungeon complete with traps. But I used an inventory editor to spawn one in for Stormin just as a joke. It was funny for like two seconds and he used it to kill all the villagers of a nearby village. We then decided it was time to head home and lock the fort up as we did nightly. I went through the portal fine, but Stormin went through and his inventory carried over with the joke pick I had spawned for him. From there we kept it under wraps and goofed on pretty hard with it. How we got multiple? That is simple, Drak loves to rollback player data every two seconds and we put it in some chests and it multiplied.

Did I use it? Yeah to mine obsidian, while others in the faction (our newer members) used it for a couple ore just to see what it could do and we obtained some goods from it. All goods of that nature sat in a chest though, I'm unsure about what malicious things we could do with our items, they were just fun to look at and store away. But now our items are everywhere, thank you Drak. You should just shut down the mainland and call it good.

I'd also like to just talk about this "Milba" person in our faction that supposedly got banned for cheating and we are also being blamed for, that was not one of our friend group, Milba logged in once every 6 days and was randomly recruited by thefallenone12 a month back. We had no real association with this person other than the fact it was a random recruitment, check your chat logs.
    Yes, I knew that was how you obtained it. SO as to the other guy's arguments about this not being bug, you are both correct and incorrect. It was enchanted with cheats, and carried over to survival due to a multiverse bug that happens when you open your inventory when teleporting out of a world to another. This is a VERY old bug with multiverse that the developers know about but has yet to be fixed.

And It's not keeping people in the Dark when you're preventing players from using an exploit to gain an unfair advantage over others.

20. Post #60
    September 2012
    81 Posts
    None of what you said is "evidence", Fribbler

... and as for me wiping everything that was duped, that's an assumption that I have to make, I don't know how much duped stuff was moved into chests at bedrock level that I didnt know about and was therefore unable to wipe
    So having entire knowledge on a persons client and being able to share that with a mod to disprove his case entirely instead suggesting it was a result of server lag isnt evidence? I fail to see how it isnt?

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,407 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

22. Post #62

August 2014
    16 Posts
    So having entire knowledge on a persons client and being able to share that with a mod to disprove his case entirely instead suggesting it was a result of server lag isnt evidence? I fail to see how it isnt?
    We can't go off of just words of anyone, especially not those of a friend of the accused, fribbler... A picture or a link to the modpack could've done good, but it's not like he couldn't have just added more to it.

Both of you are literally grasping for straws right now. You've degraded the thread into nothing more than a childish argument.

23. Post #63
    July 2012
    200 Posts
    That's something Overachiever dealt with, of course server lag would be the obvious thing to consider and im sure he considered it before banning him

OH yeah, Draks old self made dupe glitch he didn't fix for a day because he put an untested plugin in and went to bed lmao. All duped items from that were at Aduro and in Salts church which you rightfully wiped, I know Rybo and Valcrest did abuse that glitch as heavily as us, Jaybe could tell you the same thing. ALL of Valcrests items are still out there hidden.
    Yeah, i think i remember jaybe telling doyle and i about it, he even told us where to look but we thought it was basically a wild goose chase because we couldnt find anything... idk

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,407 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    September 2012
    81 Posts
    We can't go off of just words of anyone, especially not those of a friend of the accused, fribbler... A picture or a link to the modpack could've done good, but it's not like he couldn't have just added more to it.

Both of you are literally grasping for straws right now. You've degraded the thread into nothing more than a childish argument.
    Or just trying to expose the pure power hunger of the mods on this server and trying to make it clear Drakortha hasnt changed from who he was on Orrostar. Seems its working since half the player base has quit thus far.

26. Post #66
    June 2013
    49 Posts
    You can kick and scream all you want, Coldwave, but I don't understand why. You're absolutely not getting unbanned early. If your faction isn't cheating they've nothing further to worry about.

I'm not sure why I have to repeat this to make you understand it, but a copious amount of loot in that base was the result of your x-raying, you lost only about a third of it according to your faction mates at the time, it wasn't that harsh of an attack on your loot, hidden stashes aside. Your 'roleplay' escape plan seemed to work well, and was obviously a functional mechanic.

Now that you're not a part of their faction, and you swear you're the only cheating member (I believe you on this) there's nothing further for your friends to worry about.

You don't get caught cheating if you're not cheating. Dozens of players play the server daily with no problem.

The 'evidence' you propose is either non-existant or easily fabricated. I don't care about word of mouth from a cheater's factionmate when we've already caught them cheating several times, beginning years ago.

Enough of this. It is absolutely ridiculous. You're upset that you got caught cheating. Rifts are something that happens to nearly every player that's been on the server for more than a few months, see Martino's post...

See you in June, Coldwave.

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,407 Posts
    snip

28. Post #68
    July 2012
    200 Posts
    This is my last post, i gtg, but i just want to clarify some of the parts that i dont think you understand what drak meant

[04/09/2016 10:44:00 PM] Drakortha: i dislike inner circles very much
    You're taking the quote a bit out of context, he was talking about inner circles within the realm of moderators, not player factions. He doesn't want hierarchy within the moderators (a la high ordinator/vs low ordinator), he has said this to us so I know I'm not putting words in his mouth here

[04/09/2016 10:45:03 PM] Drakortha: the players in that faction were banned over and over again
    He's probably thinking about how, when looking in the moderator chat, he would often see things like "banned janpan from Valkyria, banned Coldwave from Valkyria, banned milba from Valkyria, etc" Yeah, 2/3 of these are just you on dif accounts but he is a busy guy so prob just catches glimpses of what goes on in the mod chat and so when you see "X banned from Valkyria" several times ... I wouldn't blame him for what he said here

[04/09/2016 11:01:13 PM] Drakortha: the chests were wiped before the rift came
    Here he is referring to certain hidden chests at bedrock level, not the chests in your storage which is what I believe youre talking about in your post

anyways gtg

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,407 Posts
    snip

30. Post #70
    June 2013
    49 Posts
    I'm not upset that I was caught, I'm admitting everything to you. I've lost 30 player bases and bases where people built scale replica's of IRL monuments to griefers, I'm UPSET that it was taken out on my friends because of blind stupidity and someone who can't communicate at all.
    Then, please, do us all a favour and take this as a lesson to never cheat again on the server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    October 2014
    3 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Chrome Show Events

32. Post #72
    June 2013
    49 Posts
    Fallen, the only mods at the moment that have been moderators in the past are me and Tidgemo during the age of continents,

Tidgemo has been mostly absent during these current events, so he's not to blame for anything, so this sounds like a reference to me?

So please explain how I am 'getting TAW into the same old messes' when all I am doing is moderating a server, finding players who cheat, and banning them quite efficiently for the most part, like the other mods.

It is extremely rare that anybody has any issues with me as a player or as a moderator, so this is interesting. It just seems like the same old words passed on and people taking it as fact, or more likely that you have no idea what you're talking about and are just saying words. That's fine too, just don't blame the only people ridding the server of the cheaters you claim to hate.

33. Post #73
    November 2010
    43 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    October 2014
    3 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Chrome Show Events

35. Post #75
    July 2011
    4 Posts
    As for the moderators honestly from the time i've been here until now its been the same people being mods and getting TAW into the SAME messes only in different ages. Either A. Drak needs to just be the sole mod or B. he finds other people BESIDES the ones who already have been mods to be mods. Figure how a way to determine if someones worthy or not just please do NOT make the same people mods. Some of em weren't bad but it was the others that kept ruining it for the bunch.
    The mods aren't the problem. I rather liked the mods during both of my adventures in TAW; Meal and Daniel in particular as they're the ones I had the most interaction with.

The inability for the community to really interact or talk with Drakortha is the problem.

Let me quote from our skype log:
    [12:25:04 AM] Soner: Well, you're speaking in vague terms, and not directly addressing our concerns. This a reflection of the problem we've been having, with a lack of information, and the cause of our fears.

If we continue to be left in the dark, that means turning to rumors for some sense of security. Wrongful ideas will run rampant, we'll probably make many mistakes, and the server will be in further disarray.

All of this will make even more problems for you, given there's currently 2 staff members, and there's no telling when either of you will be on. You'll be stuck resolving tangled webs of lies that exist in the absence of simple statements you could have been making.

Furthermore, the distance you're creating means people are less likely to address their grievances in a constructive manner, since they feel that you're not approachable. For a healthy server where everyone is invested, the administrator has to be on good speaking terms with his community.

Essentially, what we want is to be involved. We want to have fair and specific rulings on all important matters, so that being involved is easier. We want to be able to talk with you, give you our ideas, hear yours, and make the server a better place.

[12:26:16 AM | Edited 12:26:45 AM] Soner: When you brush people off and tell them to "have faith", you're denying them agency, and asserting that they don't need or deserve to know your plans.

[12:28:07 AM] Soner: I know you don't owe us anything, it is your server, but people can only help if you offer them an opportunity. If you think we don't contribute much, and we're lucky to have the opportunity to even be on the server, then you don't have to tell us anything. But if you think we could do something more, then we have to work together

This was our problem with the community. There's no clear and concise rules on PVP and when we came to ask him questions we were held at arms length, never given a real straight answer on anything we asked. Told to do '/rules' but those rules are vague as fuck and can be interpreted in any number of ways. We wanted to be actively involved in making the community a better place, but when we asked--hell, pleaded--we were ignored. I didn't see the point, after that. It's his server, and if that's how he chooses to run it, that's fine by me; I simply won't be a part of it.

I mean, asking for a little accommodation in this sense wasn't out of line, was it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member

May 2011
    3,075 Posts
    Server could probably use an entity cull, there's skeleton horses literally everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,407 Posts
    Don't forget everyone - Lockette is being removed from TAW in just 2 days on April 16th. Lockette will still be functional on The New World.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #78

August 2012
    70 Posts
    Do not play on this server until Drakortha fixes the Moderator problem. I was banned today by Mod Meal for "griefing" a build in my city. My faction has owned the city since 4/9/2016 after taking it from it's previous owner Vami.
    Vami eventually rejoined the server and joined our faction, however on 4/25/2016 he quit the server again destroying all of the faction chests and all of our supplies. Let me say there again he QUIT
    In need of building supplies we decided to tear down the old builds in the city which fully belongs to us to build a new capitol building. Today Mod Meal decides that I am not allowed to tear down builds in my factions city even though all the builds in that city belong to us.
    The original owner of the city had quit therefore forfeiting all rights to any builds he had in the city. And even if he was still playing The Axis has every right to remove whatever building we want because we conquered the city.

TLDR, Take city, owner quits, owner rejoins, quits again breaking all chests, get banned by corrupt mod from corrupt mod faction oOo for removing builds in city that my faction owns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

39. Post #79
    December 2013
    92 Posts
    In need of building supplies
    I can spot you a few dc's of stone, just let me know when you'll be unbanned.

40. Post #80
    July 2012
    200 Posts
    let me preface this post by saying i dont know whether or not vildeer still has their worldguard up, but that for the better part of the last year it was not up...

anyways, your whole post is relying on this idea that you can not grief something that you "own" (and you define ownership here as something that you've claimed)...i don't really buy into this
    if you type /rules, the first rule says pretty plainly, "do not grief the landscape or player builds" and due to the nature of factions on the server the only builds that it's possible to grief are ones that are either (1)in the wilderness or (2)in your own claim...so the fact that you've claimed something shouldn't absolve you from the rule...

i think the point is more easier to understand w/ a hypothetical; miniaturelimo has spent the last couple of years renovating the cities in Vildeer and due to the size of the project he leaves most of it unclaimed and has occasionally relied on a worldguard to protect the builds... according to your line of thinking, any player could waltz in here, claim some houses in a city and then completely remove them because, as you would say, "they have every right to remove whatever buildings they want because they conquered the city"

the rule is pretty simple in that it says "do not grief landscape or player builds" it doesn't leave much room to play these semantics games

also, the stuff about vami is pretty irrelevant, the guy says he "quits" all the time and then shows back up a few weeks later, even in your post you mention him "quitting" and then returning only to "quit" again...he has done this like 5 times