1. Post #281
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,064 Posts
    I haven't seen a single episode of this season, all this discussion makes me want to suddenly start watching all the new eps without prior reading or watching the deleted scenes of fwwm. Is that a good idea?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    July 2013
    1,125 Posts
    NO! Watch the original series, then Fire Walk with Me, and only THEN does it make any sense to watch the new series.

Okay I misread nvm, but yea watching the missing pieces cant hurt. There's also a fan edit out there, that merges FWWM and TMP into one long movie.

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,343 Posts
    I was thinking of getting the Secret History at some point because a fair chunk of the backstory and context for the new series is in there, especially with the most recent episode in the scenes with    Carl Rodd.   

4. Post #284
    March 2009
    658 Posts
       the fucking scene where the kid got hit got me in fucking tears :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry::cry::cry::cry:   
       i hated that cokehead before but now theres passion to it.   

also it frustrates me how    nobody has yet think that "hey maybe theres something really wrong with dougie FOR EXAMPLE maybe hes got fucking brain damage and needs help???" instead of going "dougie stop fucking around smh :/"   

the    midget scene    was pretty brutal too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

5. Post #285
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    65,287 Posts
    yeah i like the dougie stuff but it's about to overstay it's welcome if we get another ep of it. it also makes no sense that people wouldn't be like "ah shit he's had a stroke let's go to the hospital right away" or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #286
    November 2016
    67 Posts
    yeah i like the dougie stuff but it's about to overstay it's welcome if we get another ep of it. it also makes no sense that people wouldn't be like "ah shit he's had a stroke let's go to the hospital right away" or something
    I believe it to be a joke by Lynch. It shows how braindead someone in his position can be while still being successful. I do agree it will overstay it's welcome but they could start to pick up the pace.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #287
    March 2013
    3,393 Posts
    also it frustrates me how    nobody has yet think that "hey maybe theres something really wrong with dougie FOR EXAMPLE maybe hes got fucking brain damage and needs help???" instead of going "dougie stop fucking around smh :/"   
       given how normal everybody's treating him, i get the feeling that the way cooper's acting isn't entirely out of character for dougie. either that or it's just twin peaks weirdness.   

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    13,477 Posts
       at least the dougie scenes are about to get a lot more interesting if he's visited by a certain murderous midget soon   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

9. Post #289
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,449 Posts
       at least the dougie scenes are about to get a lot more interesting if he's visited by a certain murderous midget soon   
       Call for help.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,472 Posts
       Before her death, didn't the lady send a message to Argentina? Could that perhaps save him?   

11. Post #291
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    21,113 Posts
    i watched the entire series up to now starting last week and i still have no idea what the fuck is going on in season 3 except the obvious plot stuff

despite that i like watching weird stuff so i dont really mind it

I just found this and can't believe I haven't seen them earlier

When's Ken gonna show up in season 3?
    they need to make a 25 years later commercial where    dougie acts like he does in the show till he drinks down a georgia coffee. he then immediately snaps back to normal. and it's canon.   

12. Post #292
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    13,477 Posts
    new 'sode coming up now

13. Post #293
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,728 Posts
    A lot to take in that episode,     Bad Coop raping Diane would explain her attitude towards the FBI pretty well, and we have Mr. Jackpots turning into Mr. Takedown. Also, Lynch legit just skyping in the old cast cameos now.    

14. Post #294
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    27,344 Posts
    Danger Dwarf spin-off when.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

15. Post #295
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,428 Posts
    The    fight night theory    was true. Shame we still    don't have coop back   

16. Post #296
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    9,026 Posts
    Just    David Koechner    out of fuckin nowhere.

17. Post #297
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,449 Posts
    I was wrong.    Dougie doesn't need to call for help.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

18. Post #298
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    3,318 Posts
    Do we know anything about Tom from any books or something?

19. Post #299
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,472 Posts
    Do we know anything about Tom from any books or something?
    I expected him to be    Leo   . Still wondering if he's alive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Opera United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #300
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,963 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

21. Post #301
    April 2007
    21,113 Posts
    i dont know why i made this, Gold avatar sized

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #302
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,428 Posts
    i dont know why i made this, Gold avatar sized

Can you make a version of Dougie in the elevator smiling and holding his files?

23. Post #303
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,646 Posts
    despite loving twin peaks i cannot, with faith, recommend watching the old series. its old tv from an old time, and any episode that wasn't directed by lynch was so bad that lynch himself had to come back and actively set the plot straight. this is not a popular public opinion among twin peaks fans but they know it to be true as soon as they think about season 2 or any episode with james in it.

imo either find a list of good episodes, or find the fanedit "Northwest Passage" which doesn't show most of season 2 after the A Plot is wrapped up nor Fire Walk With Me, or watch a retrospective recap that covers everything you need to know.
    I think it's the other way around. The original series is a classic TV show and FWWM is a great scary flick, but I cannot recommend the new season to anyone. So far it's just be 7 hours of straight amateur melodrama with a hint of non-sense and try-hard humor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #304
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    13,695 Posts
    Halfway through season two.

Fucking fantastic so far. Last two episodes have been a lil draggy, but I know it gets way better by the end.

25. Post #305
    April 2007
    21,113 Posts
    Can you make a version of Dougie in the elevator smiling and holding his files?

its right at the filesize line (199.19kb of 200.1kb) so let me know if it doesnt work and ill redo it one more time.

26. Post #306
    Prime Minister of Australia
    June 2008
    6,793 Posts
    I think it's the other way around. The original series is a classic TV show and FWWM is a great scary flick, but I cannot recommend the new season to anyone. So far it's just be 7 hours of straight amateur melodrama with a hint of non-sense and try-hard humor.
    pls keep your recommendations to yourself

27. Post #307
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    13,477 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 2 (list)

28. Post #308
    September 2013
    6,191 Posts
    But did Putin accept the challenge?

29. Post #309
    April 2007
    21,113 Posts
    any reason why this happens

season 3 episode 7 stuff

and inverted shows someone used a paint tool or something and scribbled white rather than a weird cgi error : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be8o...ature=youtu.be
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #310
    January 2011
    1,150 Posts

season 3 episode 7 stuff

and inverted shows someone used a paint tool or something and scribbled white rather than a weird cgi error : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be8o...ature=youtu.be
    Maybe it's morse code for something ?

31. Post #311
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    65,287 Posts

season 3 episode 7 stuff

this season has been full of quite shoddy visual effects. it's probably an error that went unnoticed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #312
    November 2010
    240 Posts
    this season has been full of quite shoddy visual effects. it's probably an error that went unnoticed
    It's definitely a real plane, I can tell from some of the pixels

33. Post #313
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,449 Posts
    It was straight up 5 seconds of extremely noticeable window glitching. No way it wasn't on purpose in some way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

34. Post #314

35. Post #315
    September 2013
    6,191 Posts
    I read someone's interpretation once that Lynch was using shitty, low quality effects on purpose to give a general sense of uneasyness and a detachment from reality, so it just doesn't look right.
    Not hard to believe, considering who Lynch is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #316
    April 2007
    21,113 Posts
    so they edited stock footage for some reason

ok then

37. Post #317
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    13,477 Posts
    snip

38. Post #318
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    19,716 Posts
    Given all of the stuff in recent episodes, feels like reality itself is kinda falling apart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

39. Post #319
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,286 Posts
    Halfway through season two.

Fucking fantastic so far. Last two episodes have been a lil draggy, but I know it gets way better by the end.
    Don't worry cause every episode in the new series is like "oh fuck's sake it's over already."

40. Post #320
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,428 Posts

its right at the filesize line (199.19kb of 200.1kb) so let me know if it doesnt work and ill redo it one more time.
    thanks