1. Post #1521
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,389 Posts
    Dark Souls 2 also has big black spots where they forgot to put things. Check out any of the precipices in the King's Castle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1522
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    3,337 Posts
    Dark Souls 2 also has big black spots where they forgot to put things. Check out any of the precipices in the King's Castle.
    And Lost Bastille's skybox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #1523
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,453 Posts
    The Drangleic Castle skybox also had an on-again off-again relationship with the game, from what I remember.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

4. Post #1524
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,560 Posts
    It's kinda comforting that, two years ago or so, I've started from this

and now, in the span of one month, I've taken on all the Souls games there are (hopefully)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #1525
    Lieutenant-General of the United FP Alliance
    April 2011
    7,013 Posts
    Tomb of the Giants is the best. Except for that room with divine ember.
    It also lets you see both Izalith and Ash Lake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Israel Show Events

6. Post #1526
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    8,695 Posts
    It's kinda comforting that, two years ago or so, I've started from this

and now, in the span of one month, I've taken on all the Souls games there are (hopefully)
    This video contains content from PONYCANYON. It is not available in your country.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #1527
    May 2014
    678 Posts

truly the best feeling in the world
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #1528
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,560 Posts
    I'm trying to replay Dark Souls but I get huge frames drop all over the place
    Is this a common issue? I've reinstalled the game and I'm using the DSFix
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events

9. Post #1529
    <3
    October 2010
    11,921 Posts
    Your frame rate needs to git gud

Edited:

Idk though, I've never had frame issues, except blight town pre dsfix
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1530
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    21,610 Posts
    Blightown is a nightmare
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #1531
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    10,102 Posts
    Blighttown is a blight on good performance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #1532
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,560 Posts
    No, I'm playing around the Asylum and the Firelink Shrine
    My framerate switches between a solid 60fps and a slideshow and there are aliasing lines constantly

13. Post #1533
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    65,719 Posts
    Your frame rate needs to git gud

Edited:

Idk though, I've never had frame issues, except blight town pre dsfix
    seriously?
    i have a fury x and the games framerate drops like, all the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events

14. Post #1534
    Wow!👏Great moves! 👍Keep it up!😁
    February 2006
    46,097 Posts
    I'm trying to replay Dark Souls but I get huge frames drop all over the place
    Is this a common issue? I've reinstalled the game and I'm using the DSFix
    using DSFix, use the "Unlock framerate" option and then set your max fps to 30

for me it stopped it from jumping down to 15fps randomly and instead kept it at 30

what this does is, it doesn't rely on the poorly coded fps cap, and instead caps it at 30 another way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1535
    <3
    October 2010
    11,921 Posts
    seriously?
    i have a fury x and the games framerate drops like, all the time.
    Last time I played ds1 on my PC, I had my game set to 42 or 45 (not 60 cause engine/rollingBS) and it was always pretty dang steady. And this was when I was running a Radeon 6870. Also I never had any problems with 60 fps either. Maybe I just got lucky?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events

16. Post #1536
    anybody do THE WALL in DS2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

17. Post #1537
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    65,719 Posts

for me it stopped it from jumping down to 15fps randomly and instead kept it at 30

what this does is, it doesn't rely on the poorly coded fps cap, and instead caps it at 30 another way
    i will have to do this probably
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events

18. Post #1538
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,089 Posts
    anybody do THE WALL in DS2?

NO ONE ON EARTH CAN MAKE YOU FALL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

19. Post #1539
    Wow!👏Great moves! 👍Keep it up!😁
    February 2006
    46,097 Posts
    i will have to do this probably
    if it doesn't work try an external cap and just set the fps limit to 60 or whatever in DSfix, then cap it externally

nvidia inspector (or amd equelviant) or set vsync to half
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

20. Post #1540
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,910 Posts

I might try this in hopes of my game no longer dropping frames whenever I have another window opened
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Italy Show Events

21. Post #1541
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    5,408 Posts
    So what SL in DS2 did you guys start NG+? i'm just curious since i'm SL 213 farming Insolent set finished all the bosses. ( fuck you fromsoftware and your shitty SOTFS changes )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #1542
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,910 Posts
    So what SL in DS2 did you guys start NG+? i'm just curious since i'm SL 213 farming Insolent set finished all the bosses. ( fuck you fromsoftware and your shitty SOTFS changes )
    I haven't started it yet but I plan on stopping at 150

23. Post #1543
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,683 Posts
    I hope the Steel Set returns in DS3. It's my fave.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #1544
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,560 Posts
    Suppose I'm going for an "Ornstein build" in Dark Souls, how should I level up dexterity AND faith for the titulat spear?
    My plan was to reach 40 dexterity (and levelling up vitality and endurance along) and then start to increase faith
    Instead, I could level up strenght as the second stat in order to equip more massive shields

25. Post #1545
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,943 Posts
    Suppose I'm going for an "Ornstein build" in Dark Souls, how should I level up dexterity AND faith for the titulat spear?
    My plan was to reach 40 dexterity (and levelling up vitality and endurance along) and then start to increase faith
    Instead, I could level up strenght as the second stat in order to equip more massive shields
    If it's an Ornstein build you don't use shields
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

26. Post #1546
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,910 Posts
    28 faith for Wrath of the Gods. Don't forget 12 attunement for Great Magic Barrier + WoTG, just to piss off sorcerers that much more

http://mmdks.com/80cc

27. Post #1547
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,208 Posts
    Man are the servers bad or something?

Hit a dude 5 times and no damage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Norway Show Events

28. Post #1548
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    3,415 Posts
    After playing on and off since September, I can officially say I've beaten Dark Souls today

But I'm still a scrub because I cooped with a friend through 80% of it   

Regardless, I'm definitely a fan of the series now and I plan on getting Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 at some point. This game wasn't as daunting once you start understanding the mechanics and get a feel for how enemies generally behave.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #1549
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,089 Posts
    So, Dark Souls 3 weapons spoilers but;
       My second favourite strength weapon the Large Club has allegedly returned according to an icon and item description. It has a "crude" jump attack and its weapon art is a roar that increases attack power for a limited time. The roar may also 'manipulate' its strong attack. I think this is the first evidence of weapon arts actually changing movesets (aside from weapon arts being moves themselves)?   

The claymore is my favourite strength weapon and it's confirmed to be returning as well (hope it looks like the DS1 version with the quatrefoils.) Apparently its sword art is the ready stance, same as that of the standard short/long swords.   
       There's also a saw cleaver apparently. Appears in an undead town area, but it is allegedly different to Bloodborne's. It's cool seeing Miyazaki throw in elements from all the games   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

30. Post #1550
    April 2013
    1,571 Posts
    Someone explain to me why people 'generally' stop at SL ~ 150 for darksouls 2, isnt your soul memory gonna still increase wen you kill people (without that ring) therefore putting you in higher level range tiers anyway? What benefit is it to stop leveling up?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

31. Post #1551
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    9,151 Posts
    Someone explain to me why people 'generally' stop at SL ~ 150 for darksouls 2, isnt your soul memory gonna still increase wen you kill people (without that ring) therefore putting you in higher level range tiers anyway? What benefit is it to stop leveling up?
    It's just people trying to set rules for "honorable" pvp like it's an esport or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

32. Post #1552
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    19,868 Posts
    So I'm currently throwing myself at the Fume Knight despite having work today. Which I should totally get some sleep for.

Why the fuck is powerstancing a caestus working against him so well? I can consistently get him to phase two with no work involved. All my other weapons give me a fair amount of pain to do that. I then get thoroughly wrecked by the weird timing on phase 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #1553
    150 to 200 gives you enough levels to create pretty much whatever build you need with minimal grinding
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

34. Post #1554
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,528 Posts
    It's for when you just want to do blood arena since I think it only takes level into account
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

35. Post #1555
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    5,408 Posts
    It's just people trying to set rules for "honorable" pvp like it's an esport or something.
    I had no idea about the 150 SL honor rule lol, i just blasted straight past it in fact i don't think i stayed in the 150s for more than 10 minutes, i stacked up a ton of souls and just spammed it into dex/str.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #1556
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    9,151 Posts
    I had no idea about the 150 SL honor rule lol, i just blasted straight past it in fact i don't think i stayed in the 150s for more than 10 minutes, i stacked up a ton of souls and just spammed it into dex/str.
    I'd say ignore any rules that people come up with pvp, because it's all such bullshit. PvP can be a lot of fun, but with all the lag and weird rules you might as well just play a fighting game if you want a true pvp experience.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

37. Post #1557
    September 2008
    18,986 Posts

the djura experience
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 9 (list)

38. Post #1558
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    14,753 Posts
    I managed to climb up and avoid his initial attack, fighting for 5 minutes and doing very little damage to him, when he made a daring dodge straight off the ledge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #1559
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    10,102 Posts
    Been thinking about a Bow/Greatbow build, i think it'd go pretty good with high ADP and END, i'm just tossed up if i want it to be strength focused bows or dex focused bows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Safari United States Show Events

40. Post #1560
    Ask me to be a movie trailer voice.
    November 2009
    1,539 Posts
    I managed to climb up and avoid his initial attack, fighting for 5 minutes and doing very little damage to him, when he made a daring dodge straight off the ledge.
    On my first playthrough, I accidentally dodged off the ledge, and he followed me. Good thing I still had dreams
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)