1. Post #121
    June 2014
    1,585 Posts
    It's not like Valve isn't making money from it - think of all the people buying some of the items because they went multi-class or because they received a notable improvement in quality?
    I don't understand who these people are who buy items from the in-game store at crazy prices rather than just buy keys/metal and trade for what they want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    May 2013
    6,225 Posts
    I don't understand who these people are who buy items from the in-game store at crazy prices rather than just buy keys/metal and trade for what they want.
    Dealing with traders is generally an awful experience (made worse by all the security features Valve added), and some people probably just aren't aware they could get things cheaper by trading.
    remember that the Phlog was a best seller for years at around $10
    might still be
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

3. Post #123
    May 2013
    3,421 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    INFERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR
    January 2010
    1,796 Posts
    I'll buy that loading symbol for 2 ref
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,950 Posts
    I was, at least in part, counting that too. Even if they are buying keys/items to trade, or buying something off of the market, that is still money going into Valve's pocket.

6. Post #126
    June 2014
    1,585 Posts
    Yeah, but 10% on a metal trade is a far cry from 500% or 1000% on some of the pricier items.

7. Post #127
    August 2013
    9,339 Posts
    real talk though the icon loading has frustrated me beyond belief recently, i will be in scrims or even matches and i need to switch from minigun to tomislav, and it takes 15 seconds for the icon to load meanwhile my respawn is 6 seconds

i've just learned the position of all my miniguns now honestly because icons arent reliable anymore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 6 (list)

8. Post #128
    January 2012
    1,769 Posts
    real talk though the icon loading has frustrated me beyond belief recently, i will be in scrims or even matches and i need to switch from minigun to tomislav, and it takes 15 seconds for the icon to load meanwhile my respawn is 6 seconds

i've just learned the position of all my miniguns now honestly because icons arent reliable anymore
    use quickswitch or loadout binds

9. Post #129
    August 2013
    9,339 Posts
    use quickswitch or loadout binds
    sounds good but i really shouldnt have to accomodate for bad features
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

10. Post #130
    January 2016
    7 Posts
    -snip-

11. Post #131
    January 2012
    261 Posts
    As much as I'd love to get items that I want for much cheaper, the recent additions to the trading system are terrible to the point where like many other people, I'd rather buy it in the store and save a few headaches.
    Plus, what charon said. I had a terrible experience with traders, most of them try to either lowball you to oblivion or outright just scam you and even start kicking and screaming if you call them out on it. I am yet to meet a decent trader that isn't a toxic bag of asses.
    And finally the asinine economy bullshit. Why do I have to give you 5 hats in exchange for 1 misc? I must know why this single misc is so fucking special that almost every trader is demanding 4-5 items for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    October 2014
    1,485 Posts
    I bought the Heavy commando set and the graybanns in store for 2 reasons:

1. They're the only cosmetics I even remotely like, so I really wanted to support the item creators since I adore the items and want to show my support monetarily.

2. Valve made trading so inconvenient I just don't give a fuck. WH bots are stupid after escrow and I hate traders.
    Valve's ploy worked, they made trading so fucking stupid, the over priced store looks better in comparison to the rigmarole of trading.
    I would still have to buy keys, wait for them to be tradeable, wait for a trader, wait for escrow, at that point it's like what, 2 weeks, fuck it, I'm not a huge
    trader, a one time quick purchase that benefits item creators is better than 2 weeks of valve bullshit put in place because some stupid fucking 12 year old
    sold his shiny gold gun for a normal hat and valve punished us for individual stupidity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #133
    January 2016
    7 Posts

Recently traded for a Scorching Flames Hetman's Headpiece, and I tried to throw this together. Any miscs I should swap out or paints I should use?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Firefox Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

14. Post #134
    October 2015
    4,184 Posts
    Is it possible to make the Scout look like Ryu?

15. Post #135
    October 2010
    1,210 Posts
    He really needs more muscle for that.

16. Post #136
    Dennab
    September 2015
    126 Posts
    Is it possible to make the Scout look like Ryu?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Ireland Show Events Winner Winner x 16Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

17. Post #137
    January 2012
    1,769 Posts
    from streets!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,644 Posts

Recently traded for a Scorching Flames Hetman's Headpiece, and I tried to throw this together. Any miscs I should swap out or paints I should use?
    You did good with the dictator.

I like how that hat looks, but there are pretty much zero cosmetics that match it.

19. Post #139
    October 2013
    1,005 Posts
    whats the best paint for cardbeard cutthroat?

20. Post #140
    October 2014
    187 Posts
    In my view considering we wouldn't know what cosmetics you'd put it with.
    I think mann co. orange or aged moustache gray

21. Post #141
    July 2013
    1,088 Posts

Aged Mustache Gray

22. Post #142
    October 2009
    84 Posts
    Tried to go along with the ghost' theme for halloween 2014, but couldn't find any of those spooky cosmetics other than the surgeon.

And there's really no better/other obvious choice for matching cosmetics with a ninja hood unfortunately;

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Tried to go along with the ghost' theme for halloween 2014, but couldn't find any of those spooky cosmetics other than the surgeon.

And there's really no better/other obvious choice for matching cosmetics with a ninja hood unfortunately;

That team captain name is atrocious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

24. Post #144
    July 2014
    210 Posts
    Hey guys check out this amazing wrestling Heavy loadout I made with the Heavy Lifter, Large Luchadore and Heavy-Weight Champ.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 13Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    October 2009
    84 Posts
    That team captain name is atrocious.
    It was either that or some weeaboo crap, at least the edgy ebola controversy helped me drive up the price when i eventually sold it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,088 Posts

man, you seem like a deeply unpleasant person
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 20Funny Funny x 3Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    October 2009
    84 Posts
    man, you seem like a deeply unpleasant person
    Why thank you. Always nice to receive kind words
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Steam Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    June 2014
    1,585 Posts
    Says the guy who makes TF2 item ebola jokes, and then brags about making money off of said ebola jokes...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Zing Zing x 5Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #149
    January 2016
    7 Posts

I can finally have the dream Mario set that I always wanted now that the dictator is finally all-class. I still have one misc slot open, so any recommendations on how to fill it would be great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Firefox Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 4 (list)

30. Post #150
    April 2011
    595 Posts

I can finally have the dream Mario set that I always wanted now that the dictator is finally all-class. I still have one misc slot open, so any recommendations on how to fill it would be great.
    If you don't mind restricted items

I'd suggest the Accursed Apparition so you'd have Mario being chased by one of these guys

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,644 Posts

What about the Beep Boy - a video game reference on a video game reference
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #152
    January 2016
    160 Posts
    Then you can paint it green and name him Luigi!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    October 2014
    828 Posts
    The Face would cover the hat and stache though. Shame we don't have a style thats face-less so we can wear miscs through the screen

34. Post #154
    June 2014
    1,585 Posts
    Beep Boy, not Beep Man.

35. Post #155
    October 2014
    828 Posts
    well now I feel like a total bleep bloop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny x 2Informative x 1Artistic x 1Zing x 1Optimistic x 1Useful x 1Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,038 Posts
    I got my Sub Zero Suit. Now my Pyro loadout is the Brigade Helm, Sub Zero Suit, and Pyromancer's Mask.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    August 2014
    1,728 Posts
    I got my Sub Zero Suit. Now my Pyro loadout is the Brigade Helm, Sub Zero Suit, and Pyromancer's Mask.
    ...Thanks for telling us?

It's not really an earth shattering loadout and unless you're posting pics to show how it looks for people that might be interested then it sounds more like bragging than anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    Dennab
    June 2008
    20,723 Posts
    beep boy is the best engineer cosmetic

even if it's the smallest

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,038 Posts
    ...Thanks for telling us?

It's not really an earth shattering loadout and unless you're posting pics to show how it looks for people that might be interested then it sounds more like bragging than anything.
    I was just posting because earlier I posted a worse Pyro loadout and nobody liked it. You could've left out the "thanks for telling us".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,425 Posts
    I can't think of a good Pyro loadout that isn't overused, meanwhile, this is the only thing I can think of

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)