1. Post #81
    June 2015
    546 Posts
    My Contest Entry's:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    January 2016
    7 Posts
    Is the paint on the mohair white or grey? I can't tell

Edited:

I tried
    Bandana is grey and the mohair is white.

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,407 Posts
    Does my Pyro look okay? I can't afford a Sub-Zero Suit. I feel like an inferior Pyro... but the collar holds in my homicidal urges. For now.

The site bugged, but you can at least see my items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    November 2014
    542 Posts
    decided to expand my quest into /two/ medic loadout
    is the red one good? nice? awesome?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Indonesia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    June 2014
    1,585 Posts
    Any loadout with The Ward is probably a trap, because the hand straps are so incredibly hideous in most poses. Which is all the more frustrating, because without those straps it'd be one of the best medic items ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Late Late x 2 (list)

6. Post #86
    October 2010
    1,193 Posts
    Any loadout with The Ward is probably a trap, because the hand straps are so incredibly hideous in most poses. Which is all the more frustrating, because without those straps it'd be one of the best medic items ever.
    Wasn't that fixed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    Ask me about my Guardians of the Galaxy fetish.
    September 2010
    18,550 Posts
    I recently picked up a strange Professional's Ushanka painted 'An Extraordinary Abundance of Tinge'

What kind of loadout could I make without removing the paint?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,118 Posts
    New Medic loadout
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2008
    21,536 Posts
    kinda generic, solid anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    June 2014
    1,585 Posts
    Wasn't that fixed?
    Improved slightly by making it no longer actually clip directly into the arm? Yes.

Fixed? No.

The problem is the straps look like wacky spaghetti tentacles at nearly every angle. The hand and arm flexes simply aren't meant to accomodate this sort of model shape and placement.

Seriously, ick. The straps were a nice idea, they just don't work at all in practice. I vote to just remove them, or at the very least make a second style option that lacks them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    8,116 Posts
    I don't get why everyone loves the Ward so much and puts in so many loadouts.

No disrespect meant to the item creator, it's a fine item on its own (aside from the straps, but that's more a matter of personal taste for me) but it's supposed to be a straight jacket, right? Like, the Medic escaped from a mental ward, hence the name?

I don't really get why I see it in so many loadouts with things like the Team Captain or the Pickelhaube, doesn't seem like the best fit for something like that.

I could see it working really well with something like the Procedure Mask though, go for a kind of "inmates are running the asylum/disgraced doctor" kinda vibe.

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    3,358 Posts

No disrespect meant to the item creator, it's a fine item on its own (aside from the straps, but that's more a matter of personal taste for me) but it's supposed to be a straight jacket, right? Like, the Medic escaped from a mental ward, hence the name?
    According to the wiki " It is reminiscent of a WWI or WWII German infantry overcoat, except it is white, not gray. The shoulder markings are German infantry NCO or Sergeant rank shoulder boards."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Keep calm and JAG
    April 2009
    3,112 Posts

I don't really get why I see it in so many loadouts with things like the Team Captain or the Pickelhaube, doesn't seem like the best fit for something like that.

I could see it working really well with something like the Procedure Mask though, go for a kind of "inmates are running the asylum/disgraced doctor" kinda vibe.
    I was under the impression that it was based on a German infantry overcoat, which is why people use it with military hats so often. I could understand how people would assume it was a straight jacket though, given the name and the buckles on the gloves.

[edit]

You should totally pitch that idea to an item creator though, the medic can come across as something of a lunatic, plus he hijacks skeletons and stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

14. Post #94
    May 2014
    597 Posts

It's just a ww2-esque greatcoat. It works well with military items because it's a military coat.

kinda like this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    June 2014
    1,585 Posts
    A straight jacket? No, no - it's a German style military overcoat and cravat, of the sort worn by figures like Erwin Rommel.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    8,116 Posts
    Huh, I totally thought it was meant to be a straight jacket, cause of the name and straps.

Guess you learn something new every day! VV

17. Post #97
    May 2012
    205 Posts
    Well its most likely a fusion of the two. The entire set is really medical themed despite the ward being more of a officer's coat.

18. Post #98
    August 2014
    1,728 Posts
    Well its most likely a fusion of the two. The entire set is really medical themed despite the ward being more of a officer's coat.
    Most likely not. There's really no correlation for the item or the set to be referencing mental hospitals or the like except that the name "Ward" is reminiscent of "Mental ward", which is a stretch at best.

19. Post #99
    September 2015
    77 Posts
    What goes well with the snake thing for spy?

Also, How does one rate a post?

20. Post #100
    October 2014
    1,621 Posts
    A vile of anti-venom
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    August 2014
    1,728 Posts
    A banana hat and Camera Beard, of course, as snakes love bananas and fake beards.

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,750 Posts

Also, How does one rate a post?
    You have to have 50 posts on facepunch in order to rate. People were making bits that would automatically spam ratings so there's a limit now.

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,617 Posts
    I've been wondering about an archer's set for the Sniper. The Larrakin Robin and the Huntsman's Essentials are the obvious choices but as far as a body misc goes I'm stuck.

I am not fond of the facial hair items.

EDIT: Villain's Veil maybe? I probably don't need one of the torso miscs.

24. Post #104
    October 2010
    1,193 Posts
    I've been wondering about an archer's set for the Sniper. The Larrakin Robin and the Huntsman's Essentials are the obvious choices but as far as a body misc goes I'm stuck.

Toowoomba Tunic?

Ignore the bow going all Zalgo.

25. Post #105
    December 2013
    1,850 Posts
    Toowoomba Tunic?

Ignore the bow going all Zalgo.
    That bow looks like The Fortified Compaund's pre-alpha state :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Chrome Turkey Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,614 Posts

Archers groundings

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #107
    October 2014
    48 Posts

agree for the co-pilot one, disagree for the Pomade Prince one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

28. Post #108
    June 2014
    1,585 Posts
    Co-Pilot is both more original/less overused, and also has the benefit of not having random skeleton arm sleeves for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #109
    September 2015
    167 Posts
    And the winner of our Mad Max contest is : G. Verloren
    With his Wez heavy loadout :

Add me on steam so you could claim your prize!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Estonia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    June 2014
    1,585 Posts
    Oh hey! Neat!

Edit: As a bonus, here's some potential entries I put together on the side.

Bearclaw Mohawk, Mad Max 2

Dr. Dealgood, Thunderdome

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

31. Post #111
    October 2014
    47 Posts
    How's this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Romania Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    March 2013
    396 Posts
    How's this?
    Just a heads up, recently sent an updated version of this to Valve. Unsure if both styles will get accepted though.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

33. Post #113
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    10,140 Posts
    I'm sure they'll add both, they probably won't use the names though.

34. Post #114
    March 2013
    396 Posts
    I'm sure they'll add both, they probably won't use the names though.
    Did with the names I suggested for the formals' styles but who knows.

35. Post #115
    May 2013
    7,985 Posts
    Just a heads up, recently sent an updated version of this to Valve. Unsure if both styles will get accepted though.

Will there still be a style that's like the original? I like it better than the Snide mustache, and the Slick mustache isn't really the same style.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    March 2012
    1,426 Posts
    Can we stop the 'fixes' that aren't really fixes. Sure more variation is nice but at this point it kinda starts to be abusing valve's time and goodwill in them adding these
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 30Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    June 2014
    7,208 Posts
    Can we stop the 'fixes' that aren't really fixes. Sure more variation is nice but at this point it kinda starts to be abusing valve's time and goodwill in them adding these
    yes abusing valve's time and goodwill by giving them free content for the game that they can just ignore if they're not interested in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Zing Zing x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    August 2013
    9,630 Posts
    Valve has never referred to these changes as "fixes". They have always been update logged as "UPDATED materials/models of X". I think they're more than aware that changes aren't meant to be fixes, they're accepting anything that improves or adds onto an item, at the wishes of the content creator.

It's certainly not abusive either, valve doesn't have to accept the fixes, but with the streamlining of the steam workshop I assume they PREFER item updates since they improve the game and don't take too much work to implement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

39. Post #119
    hello
    October 2011
    6,441 Posts
    idk how it's abusing anything, people are making their items better. sure you could argue stuff like the medic mustache styles just being basically brand new mustaches that get instantly added might be a bit of a stretch to call a style but at the end of the day it keeps players happy and generates a bit more revenue for content creators and valve on the side, so everyone wins.

i'm sure valves loving it at the moment, they sell a few more items, get to push updates full of cosmetic content and do practically no work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    7,001 Posts
    It's not like Valve isn't making money from it - think of all the people buying some of the items because they went multi-class or because they received a notable improvement in quality?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)