1. Post #1
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    21,937 Posts
    http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/18/10...-apple-fantasy

The US lost Apple's manufacturing jobs years ago, and probably for good. Steve Jobs is rumored to have said as much at a high-power Silicon Valley dinner in 2011, when he told President Barack Obama "those jobs aren't coming back." But billionaire kleptomaniac Donald Trump thinks he'll be the one to get them back.

Speaking at Liberty University today, Trump escalated his rhetoric on Apple's overseas manufacturing, and claimed somehow the US would reclaim those jobs in the future. "We have such amazing people in this country: smart, sharp, energetic, they're amazing," Trump said. "I was saying make America great again, and I actually think we can say now, and I really believe this, we're gonna get things coming... we're gonna get Apple to start building their damn computers and things in this country, instead of in other countries."
    i hope mexico pays for it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events Starred Starred x 28 (list)

2. Post #2
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) rip $5
    Dennab
    December 2009
    8,921 Posts
    He'll quickly cut the head of china
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Starred Starred x 20 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    11,648 Posts
    I'll like to see him try
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Ukraine Show Events Starred Starred x 17 (list)

4. Post #4
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    11,220 Posts
    Trump is a keen businessman. He knows he's talking shit and knows they'll lap it up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Starred Starred x 5 (list)

5. Post #5
    July 2012
    162 Posts
    This guy is high key fucking retarded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Starred Starred x 54 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,186 Posts
    "Smart, sharp, and energetic" people in the US aren't going to want the kind of manufacturing jobs that Apple has in China
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 64 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    10,474 Posts
    he'll manage this by running wages and working conditions down to china levels of course
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Portugal Show Events Starred Starred x 90 (list)

8. Post #8
    Sexist
    July 2006
    7,714 Posts
    Tim Cook, actually successful businessman, is laughing very hard somewhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 25 (list)

9. Post #9
    October 2015
    5,847 Posts
    Donald Trump says he's gonna kick Tim Cook's ass!    Not really cause he can't kick anyone's ass   

10. Post #10
    Something loli Please no dont post pussy toxxes, go hard or go home gays promise ahahahahaahah dick tape balls trump
    September 2011
    26,330 Posts
    This just in.
    Trumps officially lost the fucking plot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome New Zealand Show Events Starred Starred x 13 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,891 Posts
    This just in.
    How long did they stick you in cryo, mate?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 25 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    19,906 Posts
    Trump is a keen businessman. He knows he's talking shit and knows they'll lap it up.
    He's pouring gasoline into the retarded fire instead of extinguishing it like a reasonable person.

So no matter how it's twisted and turned he's doing the whole world a disservice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox Denmark Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    January 2010
    5,070 Posts
    i'm fucking dying

is trump a walking fucking onion article?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 50 (list)

14. Post #14
    October 2015
    5,847 Posts
    Donald Trump is a living joke and he doesn't even know it.

15. Post #15
    Something loli Please no dont post pussy toxxes, go hard or go home gays promise ahahahahaahah dick tape balls trump
    September 2011
    26,330 Posts
    How long did they stick you in cryo, mate?
    I've tried to ignore the whole Trump bullshit(heard it was pretty bad) for quite a while. I finally gave in today and I fucking love watching all of this unfold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome New Zealand Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    7,327 Posts
    i'm fucking dying

is trump a walking fucking onion article?
    I can see the headline "Writers take break, candidate writes own articles".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 12 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,827 Posts
    Yea, the only way that could happen is if they replaced all those jobs with robots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Austria Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    August 2013
    5,236 Posts
    It's pretty sad when you realize the massive following this guy has.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events Starred Starred x 7 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,222 Posts
    If this dude wins(please lose Trump you're fucking walking satire) I wonder how much of this shit he's spewing he'll live up to. I have a feeling he's just saying shit at this point to get votes, rather than making actual plans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 8 (list)

20. Post #20
    August 2014
    2,171 Posts
    Doesn't Trump produce all of his campaign merch in China and Mexico?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    10,474 Posts
    how long until he comes out to say that his run is all a joke and he just did it to fuck with the republicans

i mean he pretty much split the republican base

22. Post #22
    January 2015
    815 Posts
    Hey if the jobs do come back, Apple's products will be reasonably priced now right? Right?

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    10,474 Posts
    Hey if the jobs do come back, Apple's products will be reasonably priced now right? Right?
    lol no they'll be more expensive due to higher manufacturing cost

which is why this isn't happening, Apple would lose a ton of money trying to keep prices competitive while having to pay for american labor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Portugal Show Events Starred Starred x 13 (list)

24. Post #24
    January 2014
    1,777 Posts
    Somewhere, Johnny Ive is visiting Steve Job's grave and both are laughing

25. Post #25
    -title text-
    December 2009
    1,609 Posts
    well, hes got my vote for sure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

26. Post #26

October 2013
    519 Posts
    Call him an idiot, but that's still ap erson who managed to accumulate great amount of money. And people like that just can't be called idiots.

On topic... I'm pretty sure he will do that simply by invading China, so all manufactures will technically be in the USA :D !

27. Post #27
    Call him an idiot, but that's still ap erson who managed to accumulate great amount of money. And people like that just can't be called idiots.

On topic... I'm pretty sure he will do that simply by invading China, so all manufactures will technically be in the USA :D !
    why are you posting on fp trump

Edited:

haven't you got a wall to be planning
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    Dennab
    July 2010
    6,113 Posts
    I just find it interesting that everyone here is abusing the shit out of Trump for his proposal when he hasn't even mentioned any specifics about it, but if lord and saviour ol' Bernie said that he would 'bring manufacturing jobs back to America', everyone would be lapping that shit up so hard and posting shit like 'the only person who actually cares about us' 'feel the bern' 'Bernie 2016'.

I certainly don't like defending Trump but come on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPad Safari Australia Show Events Starred Starred x 16 (list)

29. Post #29
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    20,796 Posts
    Could we stop posting threads to make fun of him.
    He gains voters whenever he is majorly featured in the media because voters vote for they people they know, not what they know ABOUT those people.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    14,035 Posts
    This just in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 54 (list)

31. Post #31
    I am a pasty white nerd who gets offended for black people because I have nothing better to do
    July 2006
    7,409 Posts
    I just find it interesting that everyone here is abusing the shit out of Trump for his proposal when he hasn't even mentioned any specifics about it, but if lord and saviour ol' Bernie said that he would 'bring manufacturing jobs back to America', everyone would be lapping that shit up so hard and posting shit like 'the only person who actually cares about us' 'feel the bern' 'Bernie 2016'.

I certainly don't like defending Trump but come on.
    trump has most of his merchandise produced in china whereas bernie's stuff is made in america lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Starred Starred x 7 (list)

32. Post #32
    October 2006
    118 Posts
    Could we stop posting threads to make fun of him.
    He gains voters whenever he is majorly featured in the media because voters vote for they people they know, not what they know ABOUT those people.
    You can cover your ears but the news will still be published because it's the kind of garbage the masses want to read.

Most of facepunch sees through his bullshit anyways, so there's nothing to gain by ignoring him. If anything, I think these threads are good so people realize that he might be a threat, and get involved in politics. I know it's fun to treat him like a joke because the intenet is already mostly against him but but there's a lot more people in America than just the liberal and tech savvy people in urban and suburban areas that make up the majority online.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

33. Post #33
    It's Treason Then
    December 2008
    23,148 Posts
    Start production in America and witness how the iPhone price goes from 700$ to 1300$ because of all the extra costs it will bring along.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    5,266 Posts
    Ignoring the Trump hate...

You won't get China's slave labor jobs by making Apple build in America. You would get a team of primarily industrial engineers to create assembly lines for Apple products, and then hire technicians to maintain the line. Most electronic devices are assembled by hand in China. You might get 20k jobs max back for doing this but it would do two things: raise the price of Apple products and combat China's slave labor economy.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    12,028 Posts
    I can see the headline "Writers take break, candidate writes own articles".
    "The Onion Fired From Writing Trump Articles, Trump Takes Job Via Real News Outlets"

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    9,195 Posts
    I'm more worried about the amount of people who would actually vote for him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Waterfox Australia Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    8,438 Posts
    Because 4,000 dollar macbooks totally need to be a thing.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,878 Posts
    Because 4,000 dollar macbooks totally need to be a thing.
    Well $4000 is like $4 to Trump, he was born with a silver spoon up his ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Australia Show Events Starred Starred x 7 (list)

39. Post #39
    June 2013
    6,433 Posts
    well at least now the price of $2k macbooks will be justified

40. Post #40
    September 2012
    585 Posts
    Sure, and then all Apple products become even more over priced than ever before