1. Post #3401
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) rip $5
    Dennab
    December 2009
    8,921 Posts
    so uh, the bullet time mod has an option to slow down time to VATS speed (4% of real time)

this is downright artistic
    hah what the fuck, tried it out by shooting like crazy with the explosive combat shotgun in one spot and everything around the explosions went all artifacty.

rip gpu i guess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #3402
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    3,337 Posts
    Seeing stuff like this on GUNetwork as people's avatars is really saddening because you know that you're never going to get your hands on it.

Unless somebody is good friends with "danbrother" and could possibly hit me up with a link thx
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #3403
    Drk
    July 2014
    1,479 Posts
    Where is GECK.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Switzerland Show Events

4. Post #3404
    And remember : respect is everything.
    April 2009
    2,055 Posts
    Where is GECK.
    Vault 13, vault 87 and the enclave oil rig.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox France Show Events Funny Funny x 20Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #3405
    Drk
    July 2014
    1,479 Posts
    Vault 13, vault 87 and the enclave oil rig.
    Didn't found it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Switzerland Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

6. Post #3406
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    6,820 Posts
    Seeing stuff like this on GUNetwork as people's avatars is really saddening because you know that you're never going to get your hands on it.
    Unless somebody is good friends with "danbrother" and could possibly hit me up with a link thx
    pretty much why I despise vgun. Getting into their mod network is like trying to get into a golf club filled with old egotistical manchildren. It's tedious and forces you to use their forum to 'post' and after a while go through some cheesy 'prove your worth something to us' ritual just to get clearance to their private mods. It's the product of letting a toxic elitist modder community fester for too long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #3407
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,717 Posts
    Haha that sound's cringe as hell. I always hate it when gaming communities start to go that way, Although you have to wonder what the point of it all is.
    Surely as an egotistical child, you would want everyone to get your mod and see how good your work is?, even if it's just so you can masturbate your ego to your download numbers.

If the sole purpose is to feel gleeful over how jealous the peasants must be getting, i think they fucked up there to because this is the first ive even heard of these guys, and I'm sure ill forget them in a minute when I have lunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #3408
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    7,318 Posts
    Why doesn't someone just get into their little clique and upload all the private mods
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

9. Post #3409
    May 2007
    1,675 Posts

To be honest it looks like a pretty simple hack. It's Grand Wizard Maxson's jacket with the jiggle bits cut off below the belt, the Ranger armor and helmet just stuck below it and I'm not quite sure where the pants are from. It looks like the old Wasteland Medic set from 3/NV but I didn't think something like that existed in FO4. Maybe BOS fatigues? To be honest I might look into making that since it'd be pretty baller looking with the winter mod.

Actually looking further into it its the Submariner's suit that appears to have been desaturated. Not sure where that belt is from. Also anyone familiar with how to actually set up custom armors right now? I'm actually sorta interested in making this if someone wants to help me whip up a .esp for it.

pretty much why I despise vgun. Getting into their mod network is like trying to get into a golf club filled with old egotistical manchildren. It's tedious and forces you to use their forum to 'post' and after a while go through some cheesy 'prove your worth something to us' ritual just to get clearance to their private mods. It's the product of letting a toxic elitist modder community fester for too long.
    I remember way back when they did it because they had issues paying for their hosting and had limits on bandwidth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #3410
    November 2014
    1,195 Posts
    To be honest it looks like a pretty simple hack. It's Grand Wizard Maxson's jacket with the jiggle bits cut off below the belt, the Ranger armor and helmet just stuck below it and I'm not quite sure where the pants are from. It looks like the old Wasteland Medic set from 3/NV but I didn't think something like that existed in FO4. Maybe BOS fatigues? To be honest I might look into making that since it'd be pretty baller looking with the winter mod.

Actually looking further into it its the Submariner's suit that appears to have been desaturated. Not sure where that belt is from. Also anyone familiar with how to actually set up custom armors right now? I'm actually sorta interested in making this if someone wants to help me whip up a .esp for it.

Yeah, that's pretty much what it is. I actually have an account on the GUN Network and they do have some cool mods that I wish they didn't corner off. I would try to unload one or too of them but I don't want to get kicked out or something.
    But yeah that dude does have that armor in the private section.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #3411
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    19,048 Posts
    so I just ran into a neat fun bug. I'm near (presumably) the end of the main quest and I have been doing the railroad route (I think slavery is bad and that synths are sentient, sue me I guess) and when I'm supposed to warn des that     father wants me to kill everyone     all she does is play her idle lines so I can't progress along that route, forcing me to shoot     father     in the face in order to proceed with the minutemen ending because I guess that's all I can do now besides being a bad man

Edited:

I'm a little saucy about this, this playthrough has been over 100 hours and I just wanted to get to the end and surprise surprise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

12. Post #3412
    January 2016
    1,695 Posts
    Yeah, that's pretty much what it is. I actually have an account on the GUN Network and they do have some cool mods that I wish they didn't corner off. I would try to unload one or too of them but I don't want to get kicked out or something.
    But yeah that dude does have that armor in the private section.
    Honestly looks awful, Maxons original coat looks way better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8 (list)

13. Post #3413
    November 2014
    1,195 Posts
    Still speaking about GUN, anyone want the link for drag's horror overhaul? It looks like a good resource and stuff.
    http://imgbox.com/g/GpEDZqWca0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #3414
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,244 Posts
    so I just ran into a neat fun bug. I'm near (presumably) the end of the main quest and I have been doing the railroad route (I think slavery is bad and that synths are sentient, sue me I guess) and when I'm supposed to warn des that     father wants me to kill everyone     all she does is play her idle lines so I can't progress along that route, forcing me to shoot     father     in the face in order to proceed with the minutemen ending because I guess that's all I can do now besides being a bad man

Edited:

I'm a little saucy about this, this playthrough has been over 100 hours and I just wanted to get to the end and surprise surprise
    I went with the Minutemen in a recent playthrough and she was doing the same thing, though I only progressed with the railroad to get that silenced makarov.

Also holy shit am I the only one that gets Goldeneye 007 64 nostalgia when I fire that thing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

15. Post #3415
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    10,490 Posts
    That was its entire purpose, to be a call back to Goldeneye
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

16. Post #3416
    Gold Member

December 2011
    2,028 Posts
    Still speaking about GUN, anyone want the link for drag's horror overhaul? It looks like a good resource and stuff.
    http://imgbox.com/g/GpEDZqWca0
    Would be cool to have some of these as randoms spawns. Kinda like increased wasteland spawns does.

Seeing one of these coming wheeling towards you trough the distance would be rad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #3417
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    22,327 Posts
    That was its entire purpose, to be a call back to Goldeneye
    Honestly with the way stealth and gunplay work in fallout 4, it might as well be Sterling Archer, silent and stealthy till you slip up, then just murder everybody
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #3418
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2011
    27,335 Posts
    I tried getting into GUN Network but they're a boring bunch to talk to. The fact they're playing that elitist for what is essentially just converted models from other games is mind boggling as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #3419
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,064 Posts
    Why doesn't someone just get into their little clique and upload all the private mods
    I lost it a couple months ago but I used to have a Megaupload archive bookedmarked with a bunch of GUN new vegas stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a subreddit or a thread on 4Chan that has this stuff.

There are some good stuff on GUN in their public section. You still need an account to view it but you don't need to get 'in' with them.

Edited:

Though I really wish GUN users would put the game in their thread title more often.

Edited:

Here is a neat mod, adds some receiver mods for some weapons to change their bullet caliber

http://www.gunetwork.org/t8461-relea...-v1-1-11-29-15
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events

20. Post #3420
    March 2014
    4,023 Posts
    This increased spawns mod is pretty insane with all the stuff put to the max settings

it's pretty much constant fighting, I'm on very easy but I'm still getting my shit pushed in if I'm not careful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #3421
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,887 Posts
    I tried getting into GUN Network but they're a boring bunch to talk to. The fact they're playing that elitist for what is essentially just converted models from other games is mind boggling as well.
    well, there is actually a good reason for that then. It's harder for them copyright holders to get into their forum to actually see if they're ripping assets out of games and putting into other games, if you need to log in to the forum by making an account.

And from what I can tell, those copyright holders are too lazy to do that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

22. Post #3422
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    8,446 Posts

It would be cool if there was a system where you could send scouts out to places in order to see if they are cleared or occupied, and then you would have to make tactical decisions like

"If I take out this band of super mutants here they won't have any reinforcements from their kind, but the surrounding raiders would likely take the place after I am gone"

So that if there is a cleared cell, the only way to make sure it remains cleared is for all bordering cells to also be cleared.

Basically "Purge the Commonwealth" the game. It could replace or add onto the minuteman questline and make the world feel more alive. You could also have something like the longer a place has been occupied, the more enemies will spawn there. So if they make a quick break for a fort they won't just instantly have a million mutants there. Couple this with settlements as some sort of battle-fort type things, it could've been really fucking cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

23. Post #3423
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    3,053 Posts
    Would be cool to have some of these as randoms spawns. Kinda like increased wasteland spawns does.

Seeing one of these coming wheeling towards you trough the distance would be rad.
    Looks like Charles is seeking for revenge in the Commonwealth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #3424
    May 2007
    1,675 Posts
    Looks like Charles is seeking for revenge in the Commonwealth.
    It's no country for little old men.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 23 (list)

25. Post #3425
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    22,327 Posts
    Trying to shoot multiple speedy, small objects that drain your health after hitting you once is some serious bullshit when you're running the game at 20 FPS. I think it's justified. Three of those things (which is what I seem to run into minimum) is a scenario worse than a Deathclaw for me, because at least Deathclaws are fucking huge.
    bloodbugs, the cazadors of the commonwealth.

like it can't be a fallout game without some crazy poison spewing superbug
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

26. Post #3426
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,992 Posts
    Someone should make a mosquito spray item. When used, for a short time it makes any bloodbugs that get within a certain radius of you explode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

27. Post #3427
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    22,327 Posts
    Someone should make a mosquito spray item. When used, for a short time it makes any bloodbugs that get within a certain radius of you explode.
    actually, that would be a fun mod in general.
    a powerarmor electric field that causes everyone hostile with you to simply explode
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #3428
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    10,641 Posts
    It's no country for little old men.
    He found a way out of his little 'ol bodybag.

I miss spike and barley episodes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

29. Post #3429
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FAT FETISH
    June 2010
    1,230 Posts
    So I was walking near Cambridge Crater just killing off some ghouls, and I heard some nuclear blast in the background. Then the game all of a sudden said "Completed: Kill Northy." as part of the Silver Shroud quest.

Something tells me Northy got tired of waiting for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #3430
    July 2014
    1,890 Posts
    Adventures in wasteland plumbing, vol. 1.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 7Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #3431
    Stupid Sexy Russian
    February 2011
    689 Posts
    Oh boy... After 113 hours I have finally finished it, now it's time to finish the rest of the quests.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #3432
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2011
    2,522 Posts
    I don't know if it's just me, or did fallout four really lack in the longevity department?

I have 60 hours in 4 and probably won't play it again for years, yet I have 996 hours in New Vegas and I didn't even install any mods for about 800 of those hours

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

33. Post #3433
    Gold Member

December 2011
    2,028 Posts

The bug-testing is the best part of modding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 28Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #3434
    March 2014
    4,023 Posts
    Does anyone know if there's a way to mass edit stuff in Fo4edit?

I'm making a mod that tries to change it to a inventory slot system rather than weight. To do this I'm making all items one pound (except aid and junk items, those are a 10th of a pound. Power armor pieces are 10 pounds), then editing Strength to give you some amount of "slots" per point in strength, I'm thinking like 10 or 15 per strength or something on top of a base of 50 if that's still how it works. To do this, I need to edit every single piece of armor, every weapon, and every junk item to be 0.10, 1, or 10 pounds, and that's a shitload of items to do by hand.

So what I'm wondering is if there's any way to do this in a big batch, so like, selecting all the items I want to change, then doing something and editing all of their weights rather than needing to do them one at a time. Is this a feature in FO4edit? If it isn't, is there some way to do it with a different tool maybe? Or will I just have to deal with editing them one by one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

35. Post #3435
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    16,603 Posts
    I just realized how much the Karma system affected me back in FO3/NV

I always wanted it to be good karma, so I tried not to steal or shit. Then Skyrim rolls around without Karma and I systematically murder everyone in Dawnstar just to see if I could pull it off without a bounty. Then Fallout 4 comes out and instead of loading a savegame when Bunker Hill attacks me I just shoot fucking everyone.

I'm so glad that system is gone.

Edited:

Because it doesn't force my playstyle subconsciously anymore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Steam United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

36. Post #3436
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,471 Posts
    how would you guys feel about low-stakes Facepunch settlement build contests? just little themed challenges like, "Build the shantiest shantytown at the Murkwater Construction Site," or, "Make the best-looking junk castle at [x]" or things like, "Transform Sanctuary into the most brutal Raider fortress," and, "Use Institute objects and furnishings to recreate an Aperture Science testing chamber."

We'd cast votes for the winner in this thread. i'm thinking it could be a fun way to get some more replayability out of one of Fallout 4's more addictive gameplay systems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Vivaldi United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #3437
    Gold Member

December 2011
    2,028 Posts
    I just realized how much the Karma system affected me back in FO3/NV

I always wanted it to be good karma, so I tried not to steal or shit. Then Skyrim rolls around without Karma and I systematically murder everyone in Dawnstar just to see if I could pull it off without a bounty. Then Fallout 4 comes out and instead of loading a savegame when Bunker Hill attacks me I just shoot fucking everyone.

I'm so glad that system is gone.
    I think there should be some kind of system. Just instead of karma, maybe some kind of reputation.

Like, lets say you slay a whole city, then people should fear you, maybe rise up and grip their weapons when you enter town, or go inside, mumble to each-other while you pass them. Someone might go up to you and try to challenge you. Or try to take you out while you sleep.

If you get caught often enough while stealing, people will throw you out of their homes, refuse to let you enter their shops and shit.

You know, not being all out hostile, or attack you on sight, but there is lots of stuff they could do to add consequences to your actions.

The same goes for if you are being a nice guy. Instead of people just giving you shit for free, maybe they could give you a price of in their shops, offer you a beer, praise you when you have completed some big ass mission, and maybe offer you some of their prostitutes.

Its kinda boring when you can steal all the shit in an entire town, and no one blinks an eye.

Here is an idea, If you come to a town, and 75% of all valuables disappears, they would of course suspect the new stranger in town?

I mean, in the fallout universe, resources aren't abundant. People should be mad when shit goes missing, and try to protect their shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Norway Show Events

38. Post #3438
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    16,603 Posts
    I think there should be some kind of system. Just instead of karma, maybe some kind of reputation.

Like, lets say you slay a whole city, then people should fear you, maybe rise up and grip their weapons when you enter town, or go inside, mumble to each-other while you pass them. Someone might go up to you and try to challenge you. Or try to take you out while you sleep.

If you get caught often enough while stealing, people will throw you out of their homes, refuse to let you enter their shops and shit.

You know, not being all out hostile, or attack you on sight, but there is lots of stuff they could do to add consequences to your actions.

The same goes for if you are being a nice guy. Instead of people just giving you shit for free, maybe they could give you a price of in their shops, offer you a beer, praise you when you have completed some big ass mission, and maybe offer you some of their prostitutes.

Its kinda boring when you can steal all the shit in an entire town, and no one blinks an eye.

Here is an idea, If you come to a town, and 75% of all valuables disappears, they would of course suspect the new stranger in town?

I mean, in the fallout universe, resources aren't abundant. People should be mad when shit goes missing, and try to protect their shit.
    Yeah but that's entirely different than "YOU SHOT A MASS-MURDERING GHOUL IN THE FACE, BAD KARMA!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Steam United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

39. Post #3439
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    Dennab
    October 2008
    18,524 Posts
    It always bothered me that all the other "hold the button" functions did their action instantly, but holding the button for entering the workshop took forever and a half. So I fixed it. Here's the INI change for posterity:

Code:
    [Controls]
    fEnterWorkshopDelay=0.3
    Accepts values in number of seconds, default value is 1.5. 0.3 is the same as the Pip-Boy light. Google didn't turn this up, so here you are, for posterity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Edge United States Show Events Useful Useful x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #3440
    September 2013
    672 Posts
    and maybe offer you some of their prostitutes.
    Are there any prostitutes in FO4? (NOT romance-able npcs)

In FO2 you could become a porn actor, which is something
    In FO3 there was, maybe 2? i really dont remember
    In NV there was a shiton of whores on the strip & freeside    and that chick from the thorn    and we have, of course FISTO

But there are no whores on FO4 from what ive seen so far
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)