1. Post #81
    January 2011
    789 Posts
    I always like seeing work from Salmon, especially this sort of stuff. It reminds me of Martin Parr and Bruce Gilden in the fact that he doesn't follow conventions. It's an exploration into vulgarity and obscenity and it conveys something about the subjects persona.
    Yeah that's what I thought really. I'm just not sure how I feel about the whole being different for the sake of being different thing. I guess it depends on your thought process when capturing the images

Got asked to shoot the poster for an upcoming dystopian post apocalyptic play. They said they wanted something distressed featuring a close up of a characters face looking all dirty like lara croft or something, ended up with this:

I think it looks a bit lacking at the moment but don't really want to "distress" it more as it's gonna have the titles and names of the cast etc all over it like a movie poster so I think it will look decent then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    churboi austin
    Dennab
    October 2007
    14,715 Posts
    tried some urban shooting idk what I'm really doing but i tried

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Dennab
    November 2009
    14,761 Posts
    I like them. Clearly you're focusing more on geometry than subject matter, and that's a strategy that really works when you're doing architecture stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    653 Posts

5. Post #85
    January 2016
    5 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Czech Republic Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,469 Posts
    Pic 1 is from oslo, the rest are from stockholm

_MG_5047.jpg by Ngoh shian Bang, on Flickr

_MG_5428.jpg by Ngoh shian Bang, on Flickr

_MG_5826.jpg by Ngoh shian Bang, on Flickr

_MG_5829.jpg by Ngoh shian Bang, on Flickr

7. Post #87
    April 2009
    982 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    6,650 Posts
    theres some really nice ones there. I find it really hard to shoot horizontally since I feel to get this kind of aesthetic I prefer to shoot vertically. Thats why 95% of my photos are portrait mode haha. I can imagine myself taking the same shots but my way and it'd have a pretty similar feel but at the same time really different.

Also, its so weird what kind of sceneries you find throughout the world. Ive never seen neighbourhoods like that last one where I live
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    May 2009
    1,448 Posts
    Forgot I shot this a while back.

Bonus seal:

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,771 Posts
    So uhhh. Doesn't anyone edit any of their photos to look cleaner. Less noisy/blurry etc?

I took a picture I really like, but it's sort of blurry/noisy and I don't really know much on how to fix it. It was taken with my phone camera...so it isn't exactly a great camera.

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,701 Posts
    So uhhh. Doesn't anyone edit any of their photos to look cleaner. Less noisy/blurry etc?

I took a picture I really like, but it's sort of blurry/noisy and I don't really know much on how to fix it. It was taken with my phone camera...so it isn't exactly a great camera.
    I don't usually edit noise out of my photos unless it's distracting or there's too much of it, and the best way to reduce noise is to edit the RAW file itself, so if you took a photo with a phone camera your best bet is to use Photoshop's Noise Reduce filter (which isn't very effective)

12. Post #92
    Turbo Dyke
    Dennab
    June 2010
    19,687 Posts

a beautiful bouquet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,701 Posts

a few from late december / early january
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    6,406 Posts

nearly done with my 2nd and last internship, looking forward to more free time so I can make a new portfolio/website again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    4,017 Posts
    Well, it's a new thread, and I haven't posted anything yet, so here's another instagram shot.

I've just bought myself a new external hard drive. Once that arrives, the sorting, archiving, editing and uploading should begin.

On a side-note, I haven't been cycling in about 3 years now and recently I've been loaned a bike from my local council (10 for a month!) and have got the bug again. I'd forgotten how much quicker it is getting around and exploring London on a bike is than on relying on public transport.

Will never be going back to being 100% pedestrian.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,552 Posts
    me and rob were gonna ride down to london from leeds, would be ace to go a ride with you some time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,560 Posts
    is that still on the cards? 4/5 days of riding at a decent pace would be fairly easy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,533 Posts

a few from late december / early january
    ace
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Glod Member
    July 2010
    4,586 Posts

not sure if the one of sam is a repost sorry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,771 Posts
    Seeing peoples pictures honestly makes me want a professional or at-least proper camera.

Thanks for sharing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

21. Post #101
    TIME ALLEN
    May 2008
    1,711 Posts
    oops

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Dennab
    November 2009
    14,761 Posts
    It looks like everything's on fire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPad Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    The ButtPunch
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,066 Posts
    DSC_8125 by kirby2112 ., on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    4,017 Posts
    me and rob were gonna ride down to london from leeds, would be ace to go a ride with you some time
    Yes, please do come down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    Turbo Dyke
    Dennab
    June 2010
    19,687 Posts
    thats a funny looking cactus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,552 Posts
    is that still on the cards? 4/5 days of riding at a decent pace would be fairly easy
    defo man, would love to
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,383 Posts
    Did some close-up shots of flowers at a botanical garden.

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    6,650 Posts
    I have to hand in this thing for tomorrow and Im playing around with the photo layout.

I dont think the straight and simple layout is gonna cut for these artists so Im just throwing around photos to see if I can get a good composition.
    This is how theyd look normal probably

And me playing around with them now

??

29. Post #109
    March 2006
    3,100 Posts
    Instagram marketing pic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

30. Post #110
    ffFf
    June 2005
    4,522 Posts
    hello again i took some pictures at a gig as a favour for a friend

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 WiiU United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    churboi austin
    Dennab
    October 2007
    14,715 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    Just set my homepage to blackass.com
    January 2007
    1,487 Posts
    i thought that flare was the moon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

33. Post #113

February 2006
    1,198 Posts
    lock the thread now so that those cacti photos will live on forever

also i really like those gig shots

34. Post #114
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #115

February 2006
    1,198 Posts
    dvorak's advice worked! by smacking it on a table, my camera will live to see another day. so thanks

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    The ButtPunch
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,066 Posts
    when i saw this on my ipod i thought it was a picture of a person standing in a really big white room or something, and then i zoomed in and realized it was, of course, a salt shaker on a table

now i'm on my pc and i see it's 2 felt tipped markers and my world is falling apart
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

37. Post #117
    January 2011
    789 Posts
    dvorak's advice worked! by smacking it on a table, my camera will live to see another day. so thanks
    never underestimate the power of a good whacking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    January 2014
    75 Posts
    some shots out of instagram, because apparently my sd card formatted and i lost the photos

dont mind the shit instagram quality

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,560 Posts
    composition of the second is really nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #120
    July 2007
    834 Posts