1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,456 Posts
    and when processing, try to be careful of making halos on your edges when brightening darker parts of the image. Are you shooting RAW? If not, definitely do so, you've got a damn good camera, be sure to use it to it's fullest potential! (shooting raw will make ISO noise much easier to deal with, so you can go much higher if necessary)
    Yeap, have always been on raw.

Yea, was using the adjustment brush to brighten the mountains, but the edges got touched up as well.

Its a little difficult when you're using a mousepad to do that

2. Post #362
    churboi austin
    Dennab
    October 2007
    14,715 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

3. Post #363
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    653 Posts

sorry for dump!    
    I like the editing. The blacks are a little to crushed for my taste but its a step in the right direction!

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,533 Posts
        sorry for dump!    
    I feel like all of these photos are lacking subjects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #366
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    5,575 Posts
    No transamerican pyramid?

Edited:

or golden gate?
    im only kinda a tourist, I visit the city about once a month cuz im only and hour and a half away. Also, I kinda have a firm stance on not taking pictures of iconic landmarks just because things like that have been photographed a million times, no photograph i can take of the golden gate is going to be worth more than what google images has to offer. I went to paris and didn't take a picture of the eiffel tower, and it drove my grandfather insane.

also fun fact, I was born in san francisco! So theres that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    January 2014
    75 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #368
    Glod Member
    July 2010
    4,585 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 5Artistic Artistic x 5Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    Dennab
    November 2009
    14,761 Posts
    im only kinda a tourist, I visit the city about once a month cuz im only and hour and a half away. Also, I kinda have a firm stance on not taking pictures of iconic landmarks just because things like that have been photographed a million times, no photograph i can take of the golden gate is going to be worth more than what google images has to offer. I went to paris and didn't take a picture of the eiffel tower, and it drove my grandfather insane.

also fun fact, I was born in san francisco! So theres that.
    I think that's a bit of a naive position to take. Photograph the landmarks, but try to do them in a way only you can. Introduce your own perspective and artistic sensibility. Avoiding a subject just because it's been done is cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #370
    August 2010
    1,293 Posts
    The most eastern European thing you will ever see

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #371
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    5,972 Posts
    I feel like all of these photos are lacking subjects.
    I like the editing. The blacks are a little to crushed for my taste but its a step in the right direction!

anything specific to improve on? I liked the simplicity of some of the images but I know everyone thinks differently

12. Post #372
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    5,575 Posts
    I think that's a bit of a naive position to take. Photograph the landmarks, but try to do them in a way only you can. Introduce your own perspective and artistic sensibility. Avoiding a subject just because it's been done is cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    I mean, I understand what you mean, and heres an example of what I think you're talking about?

I'm not flat out avoiding landmarks or sunsets or other well documented things, I'm just not seeking them out because I think they make for boring photographs. I took this photo because I thought the juxtaposition of a scum puddle next to the eiffel tower was funny and kinda interesting, and because it was a little throw away picture I was ok with having my friend pose next to it (kinda added to the comedy I thought and added some scale and context) but I don't think im stifling my artistic expression by not bothering to take a serous photograph of a landmark.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #373
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    5,972 Posts
    Its all down to what you find interesting I suppose

I'd still photograph them for the sake of documenting the fact that I was there, the different time and weather in itself makes it unique to a certain aspect.

14. Post #374
    churboi austin
    Dennab
    October 2007
    14,715 Posts
    https://www.google.com/search?q=hors...iw=375&bih=647
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

15. Post #375
    I AM COMPLETELY UNABLE TO SHUT THE HELL UP
    October 2012
    4,853 Posts
    for some reason this is what happens when I hover over this image with my cursor and the HoverZoom plugin

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

16. Post #376
    Dennab
    November 2009
    14,761 Posts
    I mean, I understand what you mean, and heres an example of what I think you're talking about?

I'm not flat out avoiding landmarks or sunsets or other well documented things, I'm just not seeking them out because I think they make for boring photographs. I took this photo because I thought the juxtaposition of a scum puddle next to the eiffel tower was funny and kinda interesting, and because it was a little throw away picture I was ok with having my friend pose next to it (kinda added to the comedy I thought and added some scale and context) but I don't think im stifling my artistic expression by not bothering to take a serous photograph of a landmark.
    To give an example of what I meant, take a look at these. I took them a couple weeks ago.

Wig Shop by Jared Sebby, on Flickr

Trusses by Jared Sebby, on Flickr

The first is the overdone photo. Everyone takes a picture of the Sunsphere's giant yellow orb. You've probably seen it a thousand times.

The other, though, is a perspective most people don't see, and nobody takes pictures of. The landmark is the setting, not necessarily the subject. It's still the Sunsphere, and anyone who knows the Sunsphere would recognize it immediately, but it's not something anyone's really done before.

That's what I meant. Take photos of the landmarks, but don't do it the way others do.

You're probably right, you're not losing a lot, but you are losing something. I don't think self-imposed limitations help when you're thinking creatively.

Edited:

I think that only further illustrates my point. There are a thousand ways to photograph horseshoe bend, and yet everyone only uses that one perspective. Find a new one. Break the mold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,164 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,533 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #379

February 2006
    1,198 Posts
    enjoyed my first day with the rx1

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #380
    Dennab
    November 2009
    14,761 Posts
    You work at Gradient architecture?

21. Post #381
    June 2011
    135 Posts
    I never posted pic here so please tell me if i do something wrong.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 3Artistic Artistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #382

February 2006
    1,198 Posts
    You work at Gradient architecture?
    Nah, it's a student group in the senior studio

23. Post #383
    churboi austin
    Dennab
    October 2007
    14,715 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,456 Posts
    You need to do like 'drive' or 'hotline miami' kind of shots man

Like that colour is perfect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #385
    January 2011
    788 Posts
    I had a super amazing model booked for tomorrow to do an exclusively gelled flash shoot and I was gonna come in here and be like yo you guys been doing some gelled flash but this is the real thing

and then she cancelled like 3 hours beforehand so I just went out and got drunk instead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,056 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #387
    April 2009
    982 Posts
    Shot a couple of my friend's band's gig tonite. Give em a listen they're pretty good.
    https://soundcloud.com/oak-palace

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,056 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 4Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    909 Posts
    That's an amazing shot. The one thing that bothers me though is the neon light is to bright in my opinion. It's the first thing that got my attention. I like how it matches the color of the other lights though. Maybe if you burn it to match the brightness of the hanging lights it would be less of a distraction.

Overall, good shot, good posing and lighting.

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,056 Posts
    That's an amazing shot. The one thing that bothers me though is the neon light is to bright in my opinion. It's the first thing that got my attention. I like how it matches the color of the other lights though. Maybe if you burn it to match the brightness of the hanging lights it would be less of a distraction.

Overall, good shot, good posing and lighting.
    thanks and yes, i agree completely.

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,548 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 Austria Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #392
    The ButtPunch
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,066 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,166 Posts
    Has anyone used Google's app Snapseed extensively? Gave it a try again today and it's pretty nice.

34. Post #394
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,700 Posts
    hello again

apologies for image dump. today was very productive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,171 Posts
    I feel like I'm never gonna reach the quality some of these photos have D:
    I have a Fuji x100 with no lens or anything, just base model. These are my highlights of tonight;

Any feedback I appreciate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #396
    Dennab
    November 2009
    14,761 Posts
    I feel like I'm never gonna reach the quality some of these photos have D:
    I have a Fuji x100 with no lens or anything, just base model. These are my highlights of tonight;

Any feedback I appreciate.
    I see that golden orb back there. Can't quite figure out the garage... Locust street?

When were you in town? Or do you live here? Does that make three of us now?

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,171 Posts
    I see that golden orb back there. Can't quite figure out the garage... Locust street?

When were you in town? Or do you live here? Does that make three of us now?
    The 9 floor garage by the TVA building. I live here, I took those tonight. Also yes, three.

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,885 Posts
    Has anyone used Google's app Snapseed extensively? Gave it a try again today and it's pretty nice.

who is she? whats her name
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #399
    The ButtPunch
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,066 Posts

really enjoying the DP0 so far

Edited:

I went out again

<-- that one's not the dp0 tho
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

40. Post #400
    PLUNGER BUTT
    November 2010
    3,411 Posts

i've been using it for stuff that i throw on my snapchat.

Edited:

such as this:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)