1. Post #1961
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    11,541 Posts
    non-grounded sockets are garbage
    I feel obliged to repost this.

I don't care how many centuries of history they got. Dafuq is this bullshit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Firefox Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #1962
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    10,010 Posts
    I feel obliged to repost this.

I don't care how many centuries of history they got. Dafuq is this bullshit?
    what the fuck is that fire hazard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #1963
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,404 Posts
    2 pin sockets need to be banned.
    I'm glad I live in the UK where all sockets are 3 pin and fused.
    Fused plug that is not the socket.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #1964
    Something loli Please no dont post pussy toxxes, go hard or go home gays promise ahahahahaahah dick tape balls trump
    September 2011
    26,380 Posts
    Sometimes I wish I lived back in the UK.
    Fuck these NZ/AU plugs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome New Zealand Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #1965
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    11,541 Posts
    what the fuck is that fire hazard
    Two prong outlets with a thumbscrew for a tethered ground cable is literally the norm over there still.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Firefox Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #1966

Lit 🔥 Member

February 2011
    21,425 Posts
    So this is a thing you can get apparently.
    JDownloader?
    Daemon Tools?
    Bumptop?

Holy shit, we 2008 again!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

7. Post #1967
    Two prong outlets with a thumbscrew for a tethered ground cable is literally the norm over there still.
    Dang. I've seen adapters to let you plug a 3-prong American device into a 2-prong socket with a separate ground, but every socket I've seen in a building newer than the Nixon administration has been 3-prong anyways.

Wtf Canadia?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

8. Post #1968
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    11,144 Posts
    I can't wait for GFCI duplex plugs to become standard.

Hell I'd be even happier with GFCI duplex plugs with integrated 2A usb ports.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

9. Post #1969
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,684 Posts
    Dang. I've seen adapters to let you plug a 3-prong American device into a 2-prong socket with a separate ground, but every socket I've seen in a building newer than the Nixon administration has been 3-prong anyways.

Wtf Canadia?
    Those adapters just redirect ground into the screw for the faceplate of the socket

10. Post #1970
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,046 Posts
    I think they are mounted the right way.

This one doesn't include the new Brazilian standard (It's different from the swiss one) that's the worst aberration that has ever come to spawn earth

It made almost all our existing sockets obsolete and even to this day there isn't a real reason other than "we must have a national identity socket" for it's existence, before we used to have a comfy universal socket, but the new plug isn't backwards compatible with it!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge Brazil Show Events

11. Post #1971
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,811 Posts
    I think that's basically Inacio's face when he remembers prices in Brazil compared to everywhere else for electronics he wants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Portugal Show Events Zing Zing x 13Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #1972
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts
    I think that's basically Inacio's face when he remembers prices in Brazil compared to everywhere else for electronics he wants.
    Savage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1973
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,970 Posts
    Writers do this shit on purpose for 2 reasons.
    A) A real IP might actually not be a good idea to put in a show so... make it something no one will ever hit
    B) Writers actually have an unspoken contest where they try to get the most ridiculous shit they can on air (I'm dead serious.)
    The same can be said with phone numbers, why 555-something? It's so people don't actually call that number. It has happened in the past so writers nowadays just put 555 to make it obvious that it's a fictional number.

And obligatory

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

14. Post #1974
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,046 Posts
    If he sold me his Galaxy Nexus he could've money to buy his dream yatch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

15. Post #1975
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    9,878 Posts
    the rest of the world may have almost all measurements standardized, but america has the best and most common outlets, hands down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #1976
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts
    the rest of the world may have almost all measurements standardized, but america has the best and most common outlets, hands down.
    Lmao.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

17. Post #1977
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    9,896 Posts
    lol, you losers don't even have outlet on/off switches
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Denmark Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

18. Post #1978
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,046 Posts
    Who cares in the future we'll finally have DC outlets and they'll all be USB-C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

19. Post #1979
    Those adapters just redirect ground into the screw for the faceplate of the socket
    Not all of them. I had one that came with like a 3" length of exposed copper that you were supposed to wrap around a piece of rebar you hammered into the ground.

I got rid of it because a) I never needed it and b) it was actually kind of dangerous to have that much exposed wire that could slip into one of the live parts of the socket.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

20. Post #1980
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,970 Posts
    I don't know what's more annoying, Google's interpretation of a Office Word document being imported into Google Drive, or Google Drive's export to Word document which leads to broken ass formatting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events

21. Post #1981
    Dennab
    September 2010
    5,586 Posts
    you still use imperial so it does not count

EU sockets best sockets
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #1982
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    Dennab
    October 2008
    18,524 Posts
    Post Your Outlets
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #1983
    Let's just all agree that the best socket is a giant tesla coil that fires lightning directly through the air like a drunken ancient god.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #1984
    Glorious GNU/Linux Master Race
    May 2010
    8,475 Posts
    So I was wondering why my ESXi 6 root user couldn't login anymore when I changed the roots password.

OK the problem is a bug in VMWare ESXi 5.5 : If you change a password to something longer than 30 characters it will not complain but your password will be changed anyway to only the first 30 chars of the provided password ! To be able to login again, you have to use the first 30 chars of your password.
    (Seriously, Changing it to below 30 chars solved it)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No seriously fuck this shit. Paypal does the same bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1985
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    19,934 Posts
    Let's just all agree that the best socket is a giant tesla coil that fires lightning directly through the air like a drunken ancient god.
    Nicola was truly ahead of his time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1986
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts

I can get used to this, no driver bloatware and epson control panel wankery.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1987
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    19,934 Posts

I can get used to this, no driver bloatware and epson control panel wankery.
    Reminds me of how HP's consumer printers are utter shit, whereas their enterprise printers are a bliss to work with in comparison.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1988
    Gold Member

March 2010
    6,782 Posts
    So I was wondering why my ESXi 6 root user couldn't login anymore when I changed the roots password.

(Seriously, Changing it to below 30 chars solved it)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No seriously fuck this shit. Paypal does the same bullshit.
    Could be worse, I had an Archos 5 years ago and it would let you set a pin that is under 4 characters but it wouldn't let you enter a pin less than 4 characters so you would be fucked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

29. Post #1989
    JDownloader?
    Daemon Tools?
    Bumptop?

Holy shit, we 2008 again!
    BumpTop is the coolest desktop thing that never took off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1990
    Gold Member
    September 2013
    18,869 Posts
    Finally got my cell booster set up. Feels nice actually having service more than 5 feet inside. 4-5 bars everywhere.

31. Post #1991
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    29,664 Posts
    Reminds me of how HP's consumer printers are utter shit, whereas their enterprise printers are a bliss to work with in comparison.
    I just bought a higher end HP consumer one that's pretty cool. Printed some photos on it and it was all good.

Setup was about as easy as "plug in, connect to wifi, let windows find drivers."

32. Post #1992
    Gold Member
    September 2013
    18,869 Posts
    My friends apartment doesn't have a single grounded socket.

33. Post #1993
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    8,982 Posts
    I think they are mounted the right way.

wtf are the check and cross marks suppose to meant?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #1994
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    29,664 Posts
    wtf are the check and cross marks suppose to meant?
    Best guess is they're off a product page of some sort and the checked ones are compatible with said product.

35. Post #1995
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,599 Posts
    Europlug compatibility, I'm guessing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Vivaldi Germany Show Events

36. Post #1996
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    10,010 Posts
    BumpTop is the coolest desktop thing that never took off.
    Anyone remember this shit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

37. Post #1997
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    17,950 Posts
    Denmark looks just so happy to be a socket.
    That exact specimen is happy because unlike 99% of sockets here in Denmark, it's grounded.

When people get a laptop charger with a grounded cord, the first step is to cut that ground pin off (assuming you want to actually connect the charger to anything).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #1998
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,443 Posts
    Really, something like this but refined sounds awesome for VR or is it just a dumb idea I have?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #1999
    Something loli Please no dont post pussy toxxes, go hard or go home gays promise ahahahahaahah dick tape balls trump
    September 2011
    26,380 Posts
    Am I playing Unreal Tournament 99 again?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #2000
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts
    Really, something like this but refined sounds awesome for VR or is it just a dumb idea I have?
    I want a VR window manager that emulates a desk with monitors and can be skinned to provide different environments.

Office cubicle, laptop on a beach, modern house with a huge window backing onto a beautiful mountainside or even the bridge of the Enterprise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)