literally do anything with it since it uses a GNU/Linux based distribution
    Can it run Arch Linux?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #4882
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,037 Posts
    Can it run Arch Linux?
    Yes with full HW enablement, either under the N9 UX or independently with it's own DE

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 3 (list)

3. Post #4883
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,202 Posts
    Good old Rapoo

4. Post #4884
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    4,098 Posts
    This is painful to read. Minecraft for ps2?

This is why you do your research.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

5. Post #4885
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    11,869 Posts
    Jesus, how out of touch and gullible do you have to be?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #4886
    🥓            🍩            🍗            🍔            🍟            🍕            🍪            🌭            🌮            🍤            🥑            🧀            🍿            🍙            🍣            🍦            🍧            🍮           🍭
    August 2010
    8,720 Posts
    Oh my fucking lord

That's some good content right there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #4887
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,191 Posts
    Oh I fucked up my laptop real bad.
    I installed libusbK drivers for a bluetooth dongle to get DS3 controller working. Everything was fine.
    Then, after restarting, suddenly no USB devices work. So I go into system restore to revert to a point I specifically created before fiddling with the drivers.
    After restarting windows throws out a message "system restore point was deleted/damaged etc. Do you want to undo the restore?". I click yes.
    The undo this time works and now I'm always booted into some temporary user that has no settings saved on each login, and the usb drivers still don't work.

Edited:

Went into devmgmt and it seems that USB hub devices are disabled. Regained my mouse control.

Edited:

What the fuck is this account recovery process
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 New Opera Lithuania Show Events

8. Post #4888
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    Dennab
    October 2008
    18,524 Posts
    Gave the poor guy some recommendations for PS2 games

the guy deserves a good start with that console
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Edge United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #4889
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,966 Posts
    It's user experience is still unmatched even by phones today and you can literally do anything with it since it uses a GNU/Linux based distribution, on top of that it does most tasks faster than current generation phones since everything is incredibly optimized and runs all the code close to the metal

Edited:

The screen also just sinks in with the bezel with their combination of Nokia AMOLED + Cleartouch and the design is just perfect

Edited:

Can it do video output to a TV via HDMI?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #4890
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,808 Posts
    Here's a fucking real brain teaser for everyone in cipwicket.

A friend recently got a new build, built it up perfectly, cables are all in the right place, PSU is more than enough.

MSi Z170-A Pro (non gaming), i5 6600k, GTX970.

Fresh install of Windows 7, everything goes well, monitor is now connected to the 970. Boot screen and etc shows up fine. Get to Windows = Blank screen.

Reboot and use the integrated graphics = everything is fine.

Obviously I told him, "might be windows fucking up", so I told him to jump ahead and try Windows 10 (since he does have a new generation of CPUs and chipset, might've been compatibility issues). He promptly agrees, does a fresh install of Windows 10 on his machine and the exact same shit happened. On boot he gets he seems to get the "Press F11 to boot menu, Del for Setup" but regardless if he lets it post, presses F11 or Del, screen goes back to "No Signal" as long as he's using the 970.

Fans spin and lights light up (and keep working throughout), PSU should be enough.

Borked GPU or Motherboard? I really have no fucking clue. He's also already updated the board's firmware and updated... I seriously do not know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Portugal Show Events

11. Post #4891
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,964 Posts
    I know this is more photography territory but since when did we ever care about anything in this thread

Yesterday I went and developed some 60mm film (medium-format film) at the local photography school, cause they have all the chemicals and such and I'm friends with some of the teachers.

Anyways, with the film developed, the next step would be to scan it.
    So I get home and dust off the ol' flatbed scanner, cause i remember it having a film scanning mode.

Oh.. it only accepts up to 35mm film.. Well that complicates things.
    So, at this point i ~COULD~ scan every single picture several times and stitch the parts together in post (every single time), or I could try to throw together some improvised scanning solution.

I went with the latter, and this is what I came up with:

It's my Canon 6D (with a macro bellow and a 1950's Carl Zeiss lens) connected via cable to a flash with a portable softbox. The film is kept in place with some random shit found through the house vv

It worked surprisingly well:

(open in new tab for high res)

For 60mm HP5+ ISO 400 film, a resolution of 2560 x 2560 seems to be enough. Any more and you just end up with bigger grains, and no more detail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Vivaldi Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #4892
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    8,978 Posts
    Join the club.
    why would you wanto to put a fp sticker on your laptop?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #4893
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,955 Posts

Thanks google. I didn't need to read any of that anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Waterfox Canada Show Events

14. Post #4894
    Holy shit BRT, you're gonna be FUCKED in the morning.

Do a PUI livestream GOGOGOGOGO.
    Well, I can report that I feel fine. Like, I wouldn't know I drank a, now known, large amount of alcohol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #4895
    🥓            🍩            🍗            🍔            🍟            🍕            🍪            🌭            🌮            🍤            🥑            🧀            🍿            🍙            🍣            🍦            🍧            🍮           🍭
    August 2010
    8,720 Posts
    Brt are you Irish
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

16. Post #4896
    Brt are you Irish
    Probably the largest ethnicity is like 1/16th swedish or something small.

otherwise I'm a mix of lots of different semen over the generations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

17. Post #4897
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,037 Posts
    Can it do video output to a TV via HDMI?
    Ye get an HDMI converter

Start an X server in the TV out buffer and have Convergence/Continuum in theory

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge Brazil Show Events

18. Post #4898
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,202 Posts
    There's one thing the N9 couldn't do

Edited:

Be successful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 18Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #4899
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    9,896 Posts
    Ye get an HDMI converter

Start an X server in the TV out buffer and have Convergence/Continuum

Is that an HD CRT?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Denmark Show Events

20. Post #4900
    July 2012
    349 Posts
    Yes with full HW enablement, either under the N9 UX or independently with it's own DE
    Okay, I'll bite. I want one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #4901
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,037 Posts

Edited:

Be successful
    DELETE THIS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 21 (list)

22. Post #4902
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,808 Posts
    Here's a fucking real brain teaser for everyone in cipwicket.

A friend recently got a new build, built it up perfectly, cables are all in the right place, PSU is more than enough.

MSi Z170-A Pro (non gaming), i5 6600k, GTX970.

Fresh install of Windows 7, everything goes well, monitor is now connected to the 970. Boot screen and etc shows up fine. Get to Windows = Blank screen.

Reboot and use the integrated graphics = everything is fine.

Obviously I told him, "might be windows fucking up", so I told him to jump ahead and try Windows 10 (since he does have a new generation of CPUs and chipset, might've been compatibility issues). He promptly agrees, does a fresh install of Windows 10 on his machine and the exact same shit happened. On boot he gets he seems to get the "Press F11 to boot menu, Del for Setup" but regardless if he lets it post, presses F11 or Del, screen goes back to "No Signal" as long as he's using the 970.

Fans spin and lights light up (and keep working throughout), PSU should be enough.

Borked GPU or Motherboard? I really have no fucking clue. He's also already updated the board's firmware and updated... I seriously do not know.
    I hate attentionwhoring but please guys, any insight into this would be really freaking helpful.

23. Post #4903
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,438 Posts
    If iGPU functions normally it must be the GPU right.

Edited:

Try switching the GPU to another PCI lane.

24. Post #4904
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    10,004 Posts
    Well, I can report that I feel fine. Like, I wouldn't know I drank a, now known, large amount of alcohol.
    You're like me, you can drink a lot, you sober up quickly, and you can't even really tell in the morning
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

25. Post #4905
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,598 Posts
    You're like me, you can drink a lot, you sober up quickly, and you can't even really tell in the morning
    I am really inconsistent.

I've gotten headaches from a single glass of wine with a good meal, but I also distinctly recall one New Years' Eve where I had a third of a bottle of... homemade diluted/flavoured Polish neutral grain spirit and felt absolutely nothing in the morning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Vivaldi Germany Show Events

26. Post #4906
    August 2010
    8,720 Posts
    Only a few more months until I can get fucked up too

27. Post #4907
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts
    Okay, I'll bite. I want one.
    I'm splurging on one as soon as I see a black 64gb model go for a decent price.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #4908
    I'm splurging on one as soon as I see a black 64gb model go for a decent price.
    Hey Amiga, are you not getting my PMs or something? I've been trying to get back in contact with you for a few weeks now but I've gotten no responses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

29. Post #4909
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts
    Hey Amiga, are you not getting my PMs or something? I've been trying to get back in contact with you for a few weeks now but I've gotten no responses.
    Shit, sorry. I have the popups turned off, I didn't even notice it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #4910
    Viking Chest hair simulator 2012
    June 2009
    3,092 Posts
    So more news about my 2600k. At first it seemed like a bit of a downgrade, but i can overclock this SOB a huge amount with the H110I Gtx. Like it's almost mind boggling how fast i can get it. I stopped at 5.5 GHz and 1.6 Vcore, but i could certainly pull more if i had better cooling. (Like chilled watercooling). I didn't want to push it too hard though, especially for a 24/7 OC. i dropped it down to 1.46Vcore and have it at 4.9 currently.

Sandybridge really is something. I can get essentially the same preformance as a 4570k oc'd at 4.3ghz out of it with the 4.8 oc.

31. Post #4911
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,808 Posts
    If iGPU functions normally it must be the GPU right.

Edited:

Try switching the GPU to another PCI lane.
    He's tried both PCI lanes. But if the GPU does show a screen pre-post through that GPU's dvi out, it shouldn't be completely dead I think? I just told him to try plugging in just an hdmi to a TV or whatever, without any DVI in the card.

At this point I'm running out of ideas on WHAT to troubleshoot.

Edit - Hdmi shows nothing, not even the "Press F11 for boot, or DEL for Bios" thing. But if he takes out both power cables going into the GPU, "Please feed me power so I work!". However, if powered, mobo diagnostic says nothing in either pci lanes and and it won't output anything post boot.

32. Post #4912
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,191 Posts
    Finally fixed the temporary user login. All my user settings are gone

Edited:

Holy fuck, a lot of applications too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 New Opera Lithuania Show Events

33. Post #4913
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    19,922 Posts

Edited:

Be successful
    That's what happens when it's all hype, idea guys and visual designers making a product.
    You need functionality, and not in the 'perfect' sense, but in the allround 'good enough' sense while still leaving average users as a whole with a satisfying feeling, which isn't happening with the specific focus the N9 had.

Or have a massive cult-like consumer base that'd believe everything your glorious CEO says, but they're not Apple.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events

34. Post #4914
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,966 Posts
    why would you wanto to put a fp sticker on your laptop?
    ...I actually want one for shit and giggles but I'd only put stickers on a laptop if it was a Thinkpad and I was a neckbeard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #4915
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts
    That's what happens when it's all hype, idea guys and visual designers making a product.
    You need functionality, and not in the 'perfect' sense, but in the allround 'good enough' sense while still leaving average users as a whole with a satisfying feeling, which isn't happening with the specific focus the N9 had.

Or have a massive cult-like consumer base that'd believe everything your glorious CEO says, but they're not Apple.
    I honestly don't understand how Samsung have the fanbase that they do, their mobile devices are utter turds.
    I guess its down to their marketing positioning themselves as the "Apple alternative"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #4916
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    9,873 Posts
    Finally got my free lawsuit redbull
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

37. Post #4917
    Something loli Please no dont post pussy toxxes, go hard or go home gays promise ahahahahaahah dick tape balls trump
    September 2011
    26,345 Posts
    Send me one bruh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome New Zealand Show Events

38. Post #4918
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    4,098 Posts
    Completely forgot about that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #4919
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,358 Posts
    -img-
    Your address is visible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #4920
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    9,873 Posts
    whoops, fixed it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)