1. Post #3361
    March 2013
    6,369 Posts
    holy shit

edit: whoops wasn't thinking
    As an SU fan that's actually somewhat disgusting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

2. Post #3362
    October 2014
    165 Posts
    someone just jammed a bunch of memes into the   Photoshop Flowey   fight theme and this happened: Potential spoilers, watch at your own risk.

here's two other mashups that do pretty much the same thing as that one, but with different song selections.

as above, musical spoilers

YTPMVs are superior to mashups (once again, neutral spoilers).

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #3363
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,122 Posts
       Genocide run = Vaporwave run   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

4. Post #3364
    January 2014
    2,536 Posts
    One thing from the    Genocide run    that bothered me was that in the overworld you'd get slowed down and creppy songs but the instant you found an encounter you got the upbeat battle theme
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #3365
    October 2015
    5,851 Posts
    Vaporwave you say ?
    (I'm sorry)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #3366
    In justice we trust!
    July 2012
    1,133 Posts
    Man, I still get goosebumps when I think back to the discussion with Sans at MTT    Where he mentions if not for the promise, you'd be dead where you stand.   . Probably one of my favorite scenes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

7. Post #3367
    What's brevity?
    Dennab
    June 2006
    24,062 Posts
    Yeah, that scene where you're in the restaurant with him, and he's talking about how you've come so far on your journey, coupled with this theme playing, really helps you wind down after the madness of Hotland Proper, giving you a moment of calm before heading into the Core.

Still, it woulda been cool if we coulda seen more of the Capital before we went to the Core, even though that mighta stretched the game out a bit longer than normal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #3368
    August 2013
    587 Posts
    What really gives me goosebumps is this. (pacifist spoilers)

The way I see it, the song being reversed is kinda symbolic of how by breaking the barrier, Asriel's reversing all the bad things he's done.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3369
    Nya~
    April 2011
    2,838 Posts
    The crossover no one asked for but the one we got anyway:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 12Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #3370
    What's brevity?
    Dennab
    June 2006
    24,062 Posts

The way I see it, the song being reversed is kinda symbolic of how by breaking the barrier, Asriel's reversing all the bad things he's done.   
    Though in the end, it's kinda wishful thinking.    Even though he (presumably) didn't kill anyone in Frisk's timestream, the kid's still got dust under his claws, and no amount of hand sanitizer will get it all off. But hopefully some day, whether through Frisk's actions or the intervention of a "Ness" analogue, he'll at least be prevented from turning into Giygas.   

And thinking of that, I realise that the Giygas analogy might be a bit more apt than I initially thought, since in the original Mother the final boss was a younger Giygas, who in that game is "defeated" by his memories of motherly love, if I recall correctly. And being that Undertale shares a fair stream of Mother's DNA, I wouldn't be surprised if a potential continuation involved Flowey going to the surface, stealing human souls, and becoming so unimaginably powerful that he can't really think straight, and it takes the heart of a truly determined kid to bring him back down to Earth and give him the second chance he was unable to take.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

11. Post #3371
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,122 Posts
    Genocide spoilers

34 rounds on Mr.Bones wild ride and I did it, I beat sans   

I was getting frustrated, I started playing my work our music to get me hyped up, I would lip sing along the whole time as if I was telling the game I wasn't intimidated by it. Finished it bouncing around to 3005 going absolute crazy in my seat.   

Edited:

On the run that I had won on, the last track had a bit of silence, but the next track started at the perfect time with a perfect intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU1F...ature=youtu.be
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #3372
    January 2014
    581 Posts
       I wouldn't be surprised if a potential continuation involved Flowey going to the surface, stealing human souls, and becoming so unimaginably powerful that he can't really think straight, and it takes the heart of a truly determined kid to bring him back down to Earth and give him the second chance he was unable to take.   
       Isn't that basically what the neutral ending boss is? Except for the whole going to the surface thing.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Chrome Canada Show Events

13. Post #3373
    May 2011
    261 Posts
    would you smooch a spider?
    No.

But I'd fuck a fish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 29Agree Agree x 7 (list)

14. Post #3374
    June 2014
    8,253 Posts
    Took me a while to realize that It's Raining Somewhere Else is actually sans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #3375
    October 2014
    607 Posts
    The crossover no one asked for but the one we got anyway:

No Irish accent; 7/10, decent attempt. :P

I wish that series didn't make me feel like a terrible person for reading it    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

16. Post #3376
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    6,050 Posts

Bah, this is where the true goosebumps are to be had.

The way time seemingly just stops, Grillby's gets dark and the light focuses on you and Sans...then this music starts up and Sans questions you about a talking flower.    I remember when I first reached this part in game, it hit me like a train. This is that moment where after all the fun you had so far in the game, you remember that someone that you forgot about and never wanted to see again. But then his existence just comes back like that and you remember something very sinister is at work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Firefox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #3377
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,783 Posts
    I kinda love Undertale so far. Been playing for a few hours, got my first game over fighting    Undyne. didn't figure out that I was supposed to keep fleeing until the second attempt.    Don't have any kills so far though, hopefully I can keep it that way! Currently up to    the lab, just beat the quiz show.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #3378
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,060 Posts
    I kinda love Undertale so far. Been playing for a few hours, got my first game over fighting    Undyne. didn't figure out that I was supposed to keep fleeing until the second attempt.    Don't have any kills so far though, hopefully I can keep it that way! Currently up to    the lab, just beat the quiz show.   
    Make sure to not kill anyone, so that you don't have to play the entire game again to get the true ending.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

19. Post #3379
    on the flip side playing the game again regardless of whether or not you kill anyone is a good way to see the differences caused by a reset
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #3380
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,098 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #3381
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,122 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 60Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

22. Post #3382
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    12,103 Posts
    An Undertale modding subreddit was opened.r/UnderModders
    If you want to get into making your own mods, r/Underminers is a good resource.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

23. Post #3383
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,938 Posts
    But

but
    (Pacifist spoileroo)
       It's clear that Frisk is not the one with the Reset ability. It's you, the player, who Flowey addresses. He even outright pleads you to let Frisk have the happy ending   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

24. Post #3384
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,787 Posts
    But

but
    (Pacifist spoileroo)
       It's clear that Frisk is not the one with the Reset ability. It's you, the player, who Flowey addresses. He even outright pleads you to let Frisk have the happy ending   
       The distinction between Frisk, the player and Chara is very hard to tell at some points, so it's a fair mistake/   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

25. Post #3385
    March 2014
    1,097 Posts
       The distinction between Frisk, the player and Chara is very hard to tell at some points, so it's a fair mistake/   
    That would explain some shitty explanations I had a few months back. Red X's everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

26. Post #3386
    September 2014
    54 Posts
    I actually went full pacifist to neutral and reset to play again and get to true ending. I loved playing it again and seeing new things that I didn't see in the other run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Finland Show Events

27. Post #3387
    August 2009
    310 Posts
    I did a thing

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 20Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #3388
    LOO POO'S BIG FAN !!!!!!!! LOVES SHITPOSTING ALMOST AS MUCH!!!!
    October 2009
    11,873 Posts
    One thing from the    Genocide run    that bothered me was that in the overworld you'd get slowed down and creppy songs but the instant you found an encounter you got the upbeat battle theme
    it's because    chara that lil shit    is really fuckin psyched about murder
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

29. Post #3389
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,527 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic x 39Funny x 17Winner x 3Agree x 1Informative x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #3390
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    8,084 Posts
    dude tag that NSFW shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 31Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #3391
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Portugal Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #3392
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,755 Posts

Found my new avatar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Late Late x 6 (list)

33. Post #3393
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,938 Posts
    Looks like Napstablook is being powered by the radio
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #3394
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,737 Posts
    Uhh where's the Geno spoilers? This is just Pacifist and neutral spoils
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #3395
    What's brevity?
    Dennab
    June 2006
    24,062 Posts
       Isn't that basically what the neutral ending boss is? Except for the whole going to the surface thing.   
    Kind of like that, but I'm talking about going    beyond 6 or 7 souls. FAR beyond. And on a much larger scale.   

You saw how much of an eldritch abomination he became with just 6. Imagine how powerful and mad he would become if he managed to absorb DOZENS of human souls or even HUNDREDS? Hell, even 4 kids with psychic powers wouldn't be able to handle him at THAT kind of power level, they'd have to travel back in time to when his soul-count was still in single digits, just to stand a chance.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #3396
    June 2010
    1,442 Posts
    Uhh where's the Geno spoilers? This is just Pacifist and neutral spoils
    Whoops. Thought I typed neutral instead of geno. Fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Portugal Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #3397
    July 2013
    2,659 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #3398
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    19,463 Posts
    What are they doing to poor Frisk?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Funny Funny x 42Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

39. Post #3399
    October 2014
    165 Posts
    He is simply the best there is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #3400
    :D
    October 2011
    8,878 Posts
    good what have I done with my avatar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 29Winner Winner x 1 (list)