37,064 Posts
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...eplaces-929387

Alexandre Desplat has been replaced as composer by Michael Giacchino
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events

2. Post #3882
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    9,338 Posts
    I dont understand whats going on in that first picture--whys an imperial guard and rebel pilot in bespin
    Why is there an Imperial Guard there? Why is there an x-wing pilot that looks like Biggs? Why does he have a rope attached to him? Why is IG88 there? What's actually going on? I really doesn't seem to make much sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #3883
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,064 Posts
    the contest said they were allowed to make their own stories.

Maybe that guard was a spy, maybe they teamed up because they were both being chased by IG-88
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events

4. Post #3884
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    9,338 Posts
    the contest said they were allowed to make their own stories.

Maybe that guard was a spy, maybe they teamed up because they were both being chased by IG-88
    Making up their own story isn't the problem, though. The one with Vader for example is very clear at showing what happened without outright saying it, but that one is just far too vague and could be anything. The picture itself isn't very well thought out if it's confusing and gives no real indication of what's actually going on. It just feels random.

5. Post #3885
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,271 Posts
    it's definitely my un-favorite out of them all, feels like Deviantart level fanfiction
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events

6. Post #3886
    Biggest Homosex
    February 2011
    3,219 Posts
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...eplaces-929387

Alexandre Desplat has been replaced as composer by Michael Giacchino
    I trust Giacchino, he's done a good job with the Star Trek movies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

7. Post #3887
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    29,347 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #3888
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,641 Posts
    I trust Giacchino, he's done a good job with the Star Trek movies.
    Giacchino is probably one of my top 5 favorite composers, of course John Williams being, if not close to, first.

But I actually really hated Giacchino's work on Jurassic World, which is of course Williams-esque. I hope he does a great job this time.

9. Post #3889
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,064 Posts
    I hope the Imperial March gets referenced in the movie. Don't have the whole theme, but nods or a piece of it.

Edited:

10. Post #3890
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,775 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

11. Post #3891
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,064 Posts
    have a wallpaper

12. Post #3892
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,064 Posts

Edited:

So an actress from Clone Wars confirmed she is coming back (unrelated to the above video)

Katee Sackhoff. She played bo-Katan   

13. Post #3893
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    9,338 Posts
    A quite short scout trooper suddenly appears out of the shadows just so they can stop the two assigned Stormtrooper guards and move someone closer without saying a word...that seems like something that should be very suspicious.

14. Post #3894
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,064 Posts
    One of the troopers is voiced by Dave Filoni, I think the other is Freddie Prinze.

15. Post #3895
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,982 Posts
    So an actress from Clone Wars confirmed she is coming back (unrelated to the above video)

Katee Sackhoff. She played bo-Katan   
    Makes sense with    Mandolorians    playing apart in this season

16. Post #3896
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,408 Posts
    A quite short scout trooper suddenly appears out of the shadows just so they can stop the two assigned Stormtrooper guards and move someone closer without saying a word...that seems like something that should be very suspicious.
    Thrawn wouldn't know better, hes a cartoon villain and at the end of day he will lose and the heroes will score a major victory.

17. Post #3897
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,775 Posts
    Someone who had Disney XD w/e online streamed the episode at 4AM, holy fuck this was a great as fuck episode and opening.

Edited:

They definitely got a budget increase for this season.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #3898
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,064 Posts
    Thrawn wouldn't know better, hes a cartoon villain and at the end of day he will lose and the heroes will score a major victory.
    I doubt it.

Edited:

Someone who had Disney XD w/e online streamed the episode at 4AM, holy fuck this was a great as fuck episode and opening.

Edited:

They definitely got a budget increase for this season.
    I'm watching it now, half way through. Pretty great so far.

19. Post #3899
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    9,338 Posts
    So you're saying that a character who is portrayed as this extremely intelligent and astute person wouldn't notice that a scout trooper (who typically aren't in that sort of role indoors) has suddenly appeared out of the shadows, is a lot shorter than usual and only reveals himself to stop the two assigned Stormtrooper guards without saying a single word...right...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 5 (list)

20. Post #3900
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,064 Posts
    Plus, scene out of context, for all we know he did notice but just isn't saying anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #3901
    Biggest Homosex
    February 2011
    3,219 Posts
    Watching the season premiere now, and oh my god, they used the word    wizard   , the absolute madmen at Lucasfilm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

22. Post #3902
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts
    Watching the season premiere now, and oh my god, they used the word    wizard   , the absolute madmen at Lucasfilm
    they've been using that word since the first film.

23. Post #3903
    Biggest Homosex
    February 2011
    3,219 Posts
    they've been using that word since the first film.
    I know, but I thought it was gonna be one of those things that we never spoke of again. I personally find it hilarious, especially when Robot Chicken poked fun at it.

If any dumb prequel material should be carried over to new Star Wars media, that word is one of them for sure.

24. Post #3904
    November 2015
    1,857 Posts
    oh, by the way. for one day LEGO is bringing the darth revan polybag back, you'll get one with ANY star wars set purchased from a LEGO store or from the LEGO shop at home online store during sept 30th, alongside free shipping. just saying this because this is a pretty sought after figure, and it's a really cool one, aswell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

25. Post #3905
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    16,375 Posts
    I know, but I thought it was gonna be one of those things that we never spoke of again. I personally find it hilarious, especially when Robot Chicken poked fun at it.

If any dumb prequel material should be carried over to new Star Wars media, that word is one of them for sure.
    But it was in A New Hope???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #3906
    Biggest Homosex
    February 2011
    3,219 Posts
    But it was in A New Hope???
    Sure, but it was used to describe someone. It wasn't used in the context it was used in in Phantom Menace.

27. Post #3907
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,775 Posts
    Sure, but it was used to describe someone. It wasn't used in the context it was used in in Phantom Menace.
    I thought saying Wizard was from Robot Chicken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Show Events

28. Post #3908
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,064 Posts
    I thought saying Wizard was from Robot Chicken.
    Nope, it was used in TPM. I think Kitster and Anakin said it.

Robot chicken was poking fun at it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #3909
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,560 Posts
    I've just watched the season three premier
    I was expecting more meat on the plate, especially from Thrawn, who, along with the Bendu, is the main highlight of a rather okay premiere
    Among the things I disliked are Hondo Ohnaka (who is slowly becoming unbereable with his constant one-note jokes), Ezara sudden new characterization in general and, by the looks of it,    important plot elements from the trailers seemingly vanishing as soon as the episode is over: will the Bendu appear again in the future? How about the Sith holocron?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events

30. Post #3910
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,064 Posts
       important plot elements from the trailers seemingly vanishing as soon as the episode is over: will the Bendu appear again in the future? How about the Sith holocron?   
       The Holocron is back in the next episode, judging by the title. Plus the trailers showed it more (unless Maul found another)   

There was a time gap between Season 2 and 3, Not sure how big. But Ezra has clearly gotten taller, constructed a new lightsaber and    has been learning from the Holocron.   

31. Post #3911
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,134 Posts
       important plot elements from the trailers seemingly vanishing as soon as the episode is over: will the Bendu appear again in the future? How about the Sith holocron?   
    Well, then, stay tuned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

32. Post #3912
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts
    oh, by the way. for one day LEGO is bringing the darth revan polybag back, you'll get one with ANY star wars set purchased from a LEGO store or from the LEGO shop at home online store during sept 30th, alongside free shipping. just saying this because this is a pretty sought after figure, and it's a really cool one, aswell.
    if only lego sets weren't ridiculously expensive, i'd get something worthwhile. there's a few $13 sets, but they're basically a pack of figures and one little ship. eh, i'll just have to wait and see how well this revan figure is, since i bought a custom one a few months ago.

33. Post #3913
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,064 Posts
    http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/sta...-episode-guide

One thing I noticed, the Y-Wings are a lot closer to how the physical models looked in EP4, then they do in the Episode 4 Concept art. no Bubble dome and all that

34. Post #3914
    Biggest Homosex
    February 2011
    3,219 Posts
    One thing I noticed, the Y-Wings are a lot closer to how the physical models looked in EP4, then they do in the Episode 4 Concept art. no Bubble dome and all that
    I think that was a purposeful choice, since it's implied that at least some of the Y-Wings    may be the same ones that attack the Death Star three years later, since they were sent to be under Dodonna's command.    Plus, most of the McQuarrie-esque stylistic choices in the show only really affect dimensions of the ships, like the stoutness of the TIEs or the longer necks on the Star Destroyers. Adding a bubble dome would outright change the build of the ship.

35. Post #3915
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,775 Posts
    Nope, it was used in TPM. I think Kitster and Anakin said it.

Robot chicken was poking fun at it
    I'll be I;m watching a ANH right now and Ben literally says
    "That crazy old wizard."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Show Events

36. Post #3916
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,064 Posts
    "That crazy old wizard."
    Owen said that. But yes.

But it isn't used in the same way as that sentence in TMP.

37. Post #3917
    Biggest Homosex
    February 2011
    3,219 Posts
    "That crazy old wizard."
    There's a difference between using "wizard" as a noun and adjective.

"That crazy old wizard" is not nearly as ridiculous sounding as "That was so wizard, Ani!"

38. Post #3918
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts
    Heavens forbid a word is used differently!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

39. Post #3919
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    8,972 Posts
    Heavens forbid a word is used differently!
    I think it's more that it stands out in a bad way, as it's slang (from WWII) that doesn't really fit within Star Wars.

Though I mean TPM gave us Jar-Jar, so is wizard al THAT bad?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events

40. Post #3920
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts
    Star Wars is WW2 in space, it fits fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events