Nothing anymore, but the early versions... script bloat central
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events

2. Post #2282
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    14,053 Posts
    What's wrong with Sounds of Skyrim?
    It calls IDs for shit, which basically means never mod anything else or introduce any other IDs for anything, else crashomatic. It's much better than it used to be and much better than say AOS, which crashes if you so much as look at it wrong in the load order, but it's still sketchy when paired with worldspace mods or mods that introduces global mechanics that change sound generation.

If you're modding you want your mod to generally work, and B to work with other mods. Sounds generally does not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #2283
    Dennab
    December 2015
    1,432 Posts
    Is there a FP recommended mods list somewhere because this thread has killed like, half my mod list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #2284
    May 2013
    1,973 Posts
    It calls IDs for shit, which basically means never mod anything else or introduce any other IDs for anything, else crashomatic. It's much better than it used to be and much better than say AOS, which crashes if you so much as look it wrong in the load order, but it's still sketchy when paired with worldspace mods or mods that introduces global mechanics that change sound generation.

If you're modding you want a your mod to generally work, and B to work with other mods. Sounds generally does not.
    You should seriously make like a big list of mods to avoid and mods to go for, because you seem more knowledgeable on this stuff than most other people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

5. Post #2285
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    7,485 Posts
    Is anything in Skyrim truly not broken?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Show Events

6. Post #2286
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    14,053 Posts
    Is anything in Skyrim truly not broken?
    Todd's smile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 18Funny Funny x 13Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

7. Post #2287
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    24,115 Posts
    Pretty much did a legendary playthrough of Ordinator.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68425/?

Can't say I recommend it. Instead of rebalancing all the terrible skills to match the good ones, it nerfs all the good ones and buffs all the bad ones.

The guy took a massive shit on enchanting which pissed me off. Most of the perks from skills are stupid conditions like "TAKE 10% LESS DAMAGE WHEN AT FULL HEALTH". It turned combat into a pseudo moveset (example left/right power attacks give a stack of bleed, doing a standing power attack turns that stack of bleed into massive amounts of damage. I ended up just doing that combat constantly which made the game's combat worse than it already is.)

Anyone recommend any other perk overhaul mods that don't nerf anything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events

8. Post #2288
    January 2014
    3,833 Posts
    What's NOT wrong with the mod. Armor nifs are literally entire multiple pieces of armor mashed together. Textures for every armor are still present but simply made invisible via alpha flag which means that "immersive" set of gear you're wearing is actually 5-7 entire suits of armor still being rendered at once, for every suit present in the field of view, so when you walk that past that imperial patrol of four dudes with your companion, you're throwing out 30 npcs worth of rendering material per frame.

It's the quintessential example along with Duel and Sounds of Skyrim of how NOT to mod skyrim and why endorsement counts does not mean shit.

Never use the bethesda high res pack, it causes memory leaks and has incorrectly formatted normal maps, some of which cause straight up CTDs. Use the fixed one from the nexus, or better yet pick something actually made correctly like SRO or AmidianBorn.
    Thank you for the detailed explanation. I didn't know any of this and will now stay away from the Immersive Armors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2289
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    9,999 Posts
    Here's a quick example from Immersive Armors:

These are two full-body armor meshes smashed together. And no, the non-visible vertices are not cleaned up. They're all there inside the other mesh.

Separated:

Bonus images:

is there any reason to have all these meshes rammed together?? couldn't someone take the time to separate armours properly?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #2290
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2011
    27,335 Posts
    The largest audience
    Nothing wrong with using body mods considering how garbage the bodies are by default.

Most good texture mods for characters require body mods to begin with anyway.

11. Post #2291
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    24,115 Posts
    is there any reason to have all these meshes rammed together?? couldn't someone take the time to separate armours properly?
    they ram it together because it's basically vanilla meshes using vanilla textures + lazyness
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #2292
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2011
    27,335 Posts
    The CBBE conversions for Immersive Armor actually fix some of that since the guy who made the conversions took the time to fix the armor meshes.

13. Post #2293
    Deviantart Appreciation Station's Finest
    Dennab
    April 2009
    21,969 Posts

Thought this looked very nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 25Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

14. Post #2294
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2011
    27,335 Posts
    Pretty much did a legendary playthrough of Ordinator.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68425/?

Can't say I recommend it. Instead of rebalancing all the terrible skills to match the good ones, it nerfs all the good ones and buffs all the bad ones.

The guy took a massive shit on enchanting which pissed me off. Most of the perks from skills are stupid conditions like "TAKE 10% LESS DAMAGE WHEN AT FULL HEALTH". It turned combat into a pseudo moveset (example left/right power attacks give a stack of bleed, doing a standing power attack turns that stack of bleed into massive amounts of damage. I ended up just doing that combat constantly which made the game's combat worse than it already is.)

Anyone recommend any other perk overhaul mods that don't nerf anything?
    SPERG. It basically just buffs everything and is built around turning the player into a universal powerhouse rather than really specialize in anything.

It also has automatic perks so you only earn one perk every two levels, the advantage being that the perks you put points in are now much stronger.

15. Post #2295

Lit 🔥 Member

February 2011
    21,419 Posts

Edited:

not only did i spend hours downloading this stuff but it also sometimes fails to load saves
    any way to fix this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Brazil Show Events

16. Post #2296
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2011
    27,335 Posts
    If you mean you're stuck on infinite loading loops there are mods that fix it. If it's CTD then you're probably exceeding the 3.1gb of RAM usage limit and it'll crash regardless.

Otherwise get an SSD if you don't already have one, this isn't the kind of modded build you can run efficiently on a hard drive.

17. Post #2297
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    7,317 Posts
    The CBBE conversions for Immersive Armor actually fix some of that since the guy who made the conversions took the time to fix the armor meshes.
    You mean this female-only one (ugh)?

It's actually worse:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 12Zing Zing x 2 (list)

18. Post #2298

Lit 🔥 Member

February 2011
    21,419 Posts
    If you mean you're stuck on infinite loading loops there are mods that fix it
    such as?

19. Post #2299
    Gold Member

December 2011
    2,028 Posts
    Here's a quick example from Immersive Armors:

These are two full-body armor meshes smashed together. And no, the non-visible vertices are not cleaned up. They're all there inside the other mesh.

Separated:

Bonus images:

How big of a problem is this, really? I have been using IA for some years now, with and without enb, with lots of spawn mods and more population mods etc, and it doesn't really seem to do much on performance?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #2300
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,885 Posts
    Here's what i do. See if it works for you too.

Start a new game.(this is way easier if you have alternate start)

Wait for the game to fully load.

Quickly get out of the player customization menu and pause the game.

Load the save you want to play

It's this weird trick ive constantly used when bethesda game studios games crash when loading saves from the main menu, and it consistently works for me, so give it a try and see if it helps. I guess the crashing has something to do with the game running out of memory when loading into the actual game.

Note that if it doesn't work on your latest save(s), the next step would be to check your save in tesvesse and see if it could be corrupted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

21. Post #2301
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    7,317 Posts
    How big of a problem is this, really? I have been using IA for some years now, with and without enb, with lots of spawn mods and more population mods etc, and it doesn't really seem to do much on performance?
    Depends on your rig and what other mods you are using.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

22. Post #2302

Lit 🔥 Member

February 2011
    21,419 Posts
    Here's what i do. See if it works for you too.

Start a new game.(this is way easier if you have alternate start)

Wait for the game to fully load.

Quickly get out of the player customization menu and pause the game.

Load the save you want to play
    alright, i'll try that.

i'm pretty bummed, i was having fun with skyrim for the first time in YEARS, but the game's unstable as tits. sometimes it just freezes entirely, with the music still playing. i removed JK's Skyrim, i hope it helps. sometimes saves won't load.

Edited:

also with JK's Skyrim my framerates in cities went to the shitter. averaging 20-25FPS, sometimes going as low as 15 depending on what i'm looking at. my specs aren't even that bad, i have a 4690 and a 970. it feels like it shouldn't be that bad

23. Post #2303
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2011
    27,335 Posts
    SSME or Safety Load.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

24. Post #2304
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,885 Posts
    Also Inacio get the crash fixes mod (just look up crash fixes on nexus)

And wet and cold and footprints add spells to npcs so script bloat may occur and with footprints maybe some crashing, so be warned that immersion comes at a price.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #2305
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,158 Posts
    I'm on my third attempt to play Morrowind and the lack of fast travel really hits hard. That paired with the fact that you move slow as shit really makes me not want to stray from the roads at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events

26. Post #2306
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    9,999 Posts
    I'm on my third attempt to play Morrowind and the lack of fast travel really hits hard. That paired with the fact that you move slow as shit really makes me not want to stray from the roads at all.
    skoomaskoomaskoomaskooma
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #2307
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,978 Posts
    Start Breton and do the quest to get the boots of blinding speed, take the left path out of Seyda Neen and you'll come across them in short order.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox New Zealand Show Events

28. Post #2308
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,511 Posts
    Start Breton and do the quest to get the boots of blinding speed, take the left path out of Seyda Neen and you'll come across them in short order.
    or don't do the quest

just go kill her (she cant hit you)

and you dont need to play breton, you can buy a resist magica potion or increase gamma (lol)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events

29. Post #2309
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,600 Posts
    Or, you know, just install a little mod to make you run faster.

You don't have to deal with a game's most debatable gameplay elements.

30. Post #2310
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,511 Posts
    one of the cool things about morrowind is that its very satisfying when your character develops

so i wouldnt suggest mods of any sorts for a first playthrough

if you spec for athletics and speed in your character creation the character really isnt that slow anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #2311
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,885 Posts
    one of the cool things about morrowind is that its very satisfying when your character develops

so i wouldnt suggest mods of any sorts for a first playthrough

if you spec for athletics and speed in your character creation the character really isnt that slow anyway
    in the beginning of the game you go from a gimped fleshpile that can barely use the weapon they're specced    exaggeration   

to "hey im doing some decent damage and can adventure no problem!"

to I AM NEREVAR, GOD WHOM WALKS AMONG MORTAL OUTLANDER N'WAH. I WILL PARALYZE ANYONE IN ONE UNARMED STRIKE AND INCINERATE THOSE WHO DARE DEFY ME WITH MY OWN MAGIC I JUST WHIPPED UP YESTERDAY

yea morrowind is aight without mods. you just need to powerlevel a little to get to that last part tho
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #2312
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    6,824 Posts
    Hope you're using "always run." Remember that carry weight determines movement speed too. Earn a little coin, buy a little training, put those points into strength and speed.

33. Post #2313
    Party in the USSR
    November 2012
    1,175 Posts
    Wonder if the new Skyrim release will have Fallout 4's cloth physics. Asked Pete on Twitter but got no response.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Ireland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

34. Post #2314
    July 2013
    520 Posts
    How is Elder Scrolls Online as of now?
    From what I've heard it is better now than it was at launch, and I'm tempted to buy it during the next summer sale.
    I've only played a few MMORPGs before, but that was a long time ago. So would this game be any fun for a newcomer to MMORPGs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

35. Post #2315
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    6,824 Posts
    I launched Morrowind to check starting stats: If you pick Argonian, Dark Elf or Wood Elf with The Steed you'll start off with 75 Speed. It's a pretty useless sign for everyone but beginners though. Dark Elves get +5 Athletics and Argonians get +15 but can't equip shoes or boots, so if you want a speedy character early they're your best bets. If you're really struggling, check out a few money making tips and the efficient levelling guide on how to best stack those points.

36. Post #2316
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,511 Posts
    what i do every morrowind run to earn cash is I go to Balmora, and in Balmora there is one tower (north west I think) with a magic ebony sword on the top of a cupboard next to a guard. make the guard look away by walking into his face, stand where he cant see you and sneak. Wait till you see the sneak symbol then steal the ebony sword and sell it to mudcrab merchant for 10 000 gold
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #2317
    Dennab
    July 2012
    4,355 Posts
    in the beginning of the game you go from a gimped fleshpile that can barely use the weapon they're specced    exaggeration   

to "hey im doing some decent damage and can adventure no problem!"

to I AM NEREVAR, GOD WHOM WALKS AMONG MORTAL OUTLANDER N'WAH. I WILL PARALYZE ANYONE IN ONE UNARMED STRIKE AND INCINERATE THOSE WHO DARE DEFY ME WITH MY OWN MAGIC I JUST WHIPPED UP YESTERDAY

yea morrowind is aight without mods. you just need to powerlevel a little to get to that last part tho
    Can confirm.
    Towards the end of the game I was using "Damage Armor", "Damage Weapon" and "Damage Strength" spells to render my enemies naked and immobile, because I got bored killing them the normal way.
    Then I punched them into submission, stole their equipment and left them for dead in the wilderness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Switzerland Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

38. Post #2318
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,600 Posts
    I did the whole game with just a mod to run faster. I think it's a decent compensation for the fact that there are no horses.

While we're at it, let me post some screenshots of my game (mostly Tamriel Rebuilt)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

39. Post #2319
    Ott
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,620 Posts
    Not a fan of the bloom but the water and shading looks great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #2320
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    6,824 Posts
    Pfft, horses. Who needs them when your own legs are faster anyway?

what i do every morrowind run to earn cash is I go to Balmora, and in Balmora there is one tower (north west I think) with a magic ebony sword on the top of a cupboard next to a guard. make the guard look away by walking into his face, stand where he cant see you and sneak. Wait till you see the sneak symbol then steal the ebony sword and sell it to mudcrab merchant for 10 000 gold
    First I usually    teleport from Balmora to Caldera and sell Creeper the orcish armour found in Ghorak Manor.    Tribunal's Dark Brotherhood attacks are easy money/good armour too, I'm pretty sure they were a response to the early game being too hard. Between the two you can easily train to "normal" run speed within the first hour of gameplay.