1. Post #1
    March 2013
    90 Posts
    Been playing the HECK out of the new beta and I played the older one too. Has anyone taken a stab at porting these cool dudes from either of the betas?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    November 2014
    118 Posts
    I doubt someone has been able to make a ripper work for the newly created engine. The game comes out Dec 1. so it isn't long enough until someone makes a ripper work with R6:S.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,449 Posts
    Yeah like Max said, the engine is new and since there are no mod tools it will take some extra time before people get to the point of understanding how it works which in turn leads to the creation of ripping tools.

4. Post #4
    April 2009
    543 Posts
    It has cheats already, so it shouldn't be a problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    May 2011
    1,977 Posts
    Because hacks=the ability to rip models, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    February 2014
    1,768 Posts
    The game isn't even out and it's a totally new engine. Like, at least wait for the game to be out and finished
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Phone Internet Explorer 11 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    June 2011
    639 Posts
    I want to research the engine and the formats, maybe I can dump models from RAM , but... how can I download the beta?

8. Post #8
    March 2013
    90 Posts
    should be in everyone's Uplay library

9. Post #9
    February 2014
    1,768 Posts
    I want to research the engine and the formats, maybe I can dump models from RAM , but... how can I download the beta?
    It's free on the UPlay client

10. Post #10
    June 2011
    639 Posts
    thanks , I was using steam

11. Post #11
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    12,397 Posts
    It's free on steam too.

12. Post #12
    June 2011
    639 Posts
    It's free on steam too.
    yes, but I can't add the game to the cart in steam. I'm downloading in uplay now

13. Post #13
    February 2014
    1,768 Posts
    You still need UPlay, no other choice so you had to download that anyway

14. Post #14
    June 2011
    639 Posts
    the engine looks similar to assassins creed engine (maybe is the same), textures can be extracted or ripped but models looks weird.

is possible extract models but take long time because is difficult locate the mesh in the memory and maybe.... the base model is deformed ( ubisoft style )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Dennab
    January 2014
    252 Posts
    for me it just popped up as the news thing in steam, I was like oh yeah, but isn't it in uplay.. and I click download and it started downloading in Steam.

16. Post #16
    February 2014
    1,768 Posts
    It's on the free games section

17. Post #17
    June 2011
    639 Posts
    easy to extract, difficult to locate the mesh.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Chile Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

18. Post #18
    June 2011
    639 Posts
    here is a model extracted from beta

the beta is close and I don't have the game for extract other operators for now.

GSG9 IQ

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nq...HR_GSG9_IQ.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Chile Show Events Winner Winner x 12Artistic Artistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Dennab
    January 2015
    852 Posts
    Holy fuck that's awesome, I.Q and Jager are my favorite operator looks in this game.

20. Post #20
    November 2012
    587 Posts
    shit, now that's awesome

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,449 Posts
    The quality and model fidelity is awesome, nice work Luxox.

Edited:

Mind sharing your tools? I have the full game so I'd like to give ripping a try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    June 2011
    639 Posts
    Here is Kapkan from the Spetsnaz team

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1k...naz_Kapkan.rar

I have no tool for rip meshes from this game.
    I use IntelGPA for capture a frame (The tool cannot show the meshes but the data is in the file) then, I use Hex2obj for convert these data to obj.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Chile Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    12,397 Posts
    He looks fat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    8,208 Posts
    Traditional Russian military strategy: Special Forces are well fed while conscripts get a sense of pride in trying their best and boiled boot leather. Makes them easier to tell apart in military pictures.

25. Post #25
    June 2011
    639 Posts
    He looks fat.
    I agree, is strange , some male characters looks fat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Chile Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,449 Posts
    He looks fat.
    All the spetsnaz operators and Montagne are all bulky, mainly because they're the strongest operators (lots of muscle mass, they have some of the highest weights out of all the operators).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    nanomachines
    August 2013
    12,452 Posts
    Bulkier the better

28. Post #28
    November 2014
    118 Posts
    Bulkier the better
    I doubt that SAS, or anyother force would accept Fat Bastard into their team tbh.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29

November 2014
    16 Posts
    Great job man! Applying the textures as we speak. Bit of a noob here, what are the textures for that end on an s, like CHR_GSG9_IQ_arms_s ? Specular?

30. Post #30
    June 2011
    639 Posts
    Great job man! Applying the textures as we speak. Bit of a noob here, what are the textures for that end on an s, like CHR_GSG9_IQ_arms_s ? Specular?
    specifically the *_s texture is composed by:

red channel = Metalness (maybe is black because not all meshes are metallic)
    green channel = Specular
    blue channel = Ambiental occlusion

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    15,126 Posts
    They're PBR. You need add light information to the albedo (usually from the blue channel of the normal) , pull out the spec from it and do some extra work around the roughness and metalness textures. There's no set way to convert between traditional and PBR material, it's kinda sit down and mess around until you have something nice.

32. Post #32
    November 2014
    118 Posts

Thought I'd share it here, I've made progress with what luxox_18 has given us, and made a port to Source.

It's really basic as of now, but the model works great, just need to fix the normal mapping problem I seem to get.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,435 Posts
    Damn in Source preview he looks even more fattier, than in luxox's preview.

He ate too much pelmenis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

34. Post #34
    March 2010
    256 Posts
    Source can't handle "GRAPHON*" now.
    Here's preview in HLMV of IQ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    February 2014
    1,768 Posts
    Oh man, I'd kill for those to be in Gmod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Phone Internet Explorer 11 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    Dennab
    January 2015
    852 Posts
    Kapkan reminds me of DJ Khaled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome Panama Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    nanomachines
    August 2013
    12,452 Posts
    Kapkan reminds me of DJ Khaled.
    we da best
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

38. Post #38

March 2015
    3 Posts
    Any chance we could get the rest of the operators in raw file format?
    The quality is really superb!

39. Post #39
    March 2013
    90 Posts
    I'd also be interested in the Hazmat dudes seen in the Article 5 mission, they look fucking baller.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    15,126 Posts
    Any chance anyone could extract GIGN Twitch? Would like to rig her up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Czech Republic Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)