1. Post #2481
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    3,177 Posts
    Yeah I was wondering if there might be a console command to get him out of it but I wouldn't know, but I can't trade with him or anything, I dont think the game even realizes hes wearing it anymore. If you watched that video, I'm trying to talk to him the whole time
    The video wasn't loading for some reason, Facepunch kinda craps itself when it comes to that.

Can you get the Settler's id from a previous savegame, then do prid his id, and then do disable, would that work? (disable is another command you can enter)

1. Load savegame with the settler who stole your armor.
    2. Open the console and click on him.
    3. Write prid SettlerID (it should be saved either way but just in case)
    4. Load the bugged Power Armor savegame.
    5. Open the console and push the Up arrow (to load the last thing you typed), or just type prid SettlerID, then push enter.
    6. Enter the disable command.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Romania Show Events

2. Post #2482
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    10,641 Posts
    I placed a mine on it, detonated it, and the thing just disappeared in a mininuke explosion.
    What the hell?
    It just works ect ect.

Also, I opened one of those figurine boxes. Only just noticed the sound it makes opening it is the fallout 3 repair noise.

The one with the ting at the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #2483
    May 2013
    6,991 Posts
    I placed a mine on it, detonated it, and the thing just disappeared in a mininuke explosion.
    What the hell?
    Picturing your Sole Survivor just kicking it, a cut to footage of a nuclear explosion a la Spongebob, then cutting back to the Sole Survivor covered in ash, standing next to an opened hatch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 19 (list)

4. Post #2484
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    9,675 Posts

self preservation DLC when
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 37 (list)

5. Post #2485
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    3,053 Posts

Any remedy for Cateye syndrome aka fucking night vision scope effect stuck permanently?
    This makes me feel like I'm playing during the nuke explosion, stuck in time. Only during the day, as night's a lot better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

6. Post #2486
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,912 Posts
    Picturing your Sole Survivor just kicking it, a cut to footage of a nuclear explosion a la Spongebob, then cutting back to the Sole Survivor covered in ash, standing next to an opened hatch.
    I actually reloaded and smacked it with my gun on accident while trying to record a video of this.
    It exploded anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

7. Post #2487
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,380 Posts
    What the hell?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 3Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #2488
    What the hell?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 35 (list)

9. Post #2489
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,466 Posts
    I found a hatch around Concord that has an option to detonate it and doesn't do anything. Is it connected to a quest or something?
    It's just a random encounter with a scavenger, though when I tried it did blow up, me included

There's nothing interesting in there anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Italy Show Events

10. Post #2490
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    19,466 Posts
    And boxing gloves, flamer, institute weapons and the railway rifle. Possibly a couple of others too.
    Yeah it's missing things like Nuka grenades n shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

11. Post #2491
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,912 Posts
    It's just a random encounter with a scavenger, though when I tried it did blow up, me included

No scavenger spawned for me. I think the encounter just broke entirely on my end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

12. Post #2492
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    19,466 Posts

I need more mini-nukes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #2493
    May 2013
    6,991 Posts
    I hope someone makes a mod that lets weapons have multiple Legendary effects.
    Bottomless clip, double projectiles, automatic MIRV launcher when
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

14. Post #2494
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    3,053 Posts

Any remedy for Cateye syndrome aka fucking night vision scope effect stuck permanently?
    This makes me feel like I'm playing during the nuke explosion, stuck in time. Only during the day, as night's a lot better.
    Honestly, this a big problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #2495
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,771 Posts

I knew what was going to happen, so I got Nick Valentine to open it instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

16. Post #2496
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,600 Posts
    +

I need more mini-nukes.
    Fight supermutants and kill the suiciders before they blow up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

17. Post #2497
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,466 Posts
    Turns out the Pip Boy isn't waterproof

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 56 (list)

18. Post #2498
    wow ok
    December 2007
    17,717 Posts
    I hope someone makes a mod that lets weapons have multiple Legendary effects.
    Bottomless clip, double projectiles, automatic MIRV launcher when
    Then we could go full RPG item name mode!

Assassin's Berserker's Bloodied Crippling Explosive Furious Ghoul Slayer's Hunter's Mutant Slayer's Violent Penetrating Powerful Two Shot Shielded Gauss Rifle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

19. Post #2499
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,266 Posts

do u like it,,,,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 New Opera Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #2500
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2011
    27,335 Posts

This is actually kinda sad.
    To be fair, this is dividing weapons into far more categories than it needs to, and it doesn't account for all the mods as well as the twenty-something legendary suffixes you can get.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events

21. Post #2501
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    10,124 Posts
    To be fair, this is dividing weapons into far more categories than it needs to, and it doesn't account for all the mods as well as the twenty-something legendary suffixes you can get.
    mods and suffixes really arent enough to count as a completely different weapon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

22. Post #2502
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2011
    27,335 Posts
    Not counting uniques and DLC weapons there's more weapons than Fallout 3 had.

It also fuses some previous weapons into one (the sawn off and dual barrelled shotgun are now one weapon) and adds unseen derivations of already existing weapons like most of the laser and plasma modifications.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #2503
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,988 Posts
    In some situations, they are.

The automatic laser musket is used completely differently than the regular. The plasma rifle with a splitter or thrower mod is used way differently than a regular plasma rifle. Then the dichotomy between high damage per shot and low ROF or automatic ROF and low damage per shot that exists between a lot of guns is enough to differentiate them.

The only real complaints I have are how mishandled .50 calibre is, and the prevalence of completely useless pipe guns. Pipe guns shouldn't be nearly as ubiquitous as they are considering no one uses them past level 15.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Vivaldi New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #2504
    I'm sure a mod at some point down the road will add some good weapon diversity, that much I look forward to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Show Events

25. Post #2505
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,684 Posts
    The video wasn't loading for some reason, Facepunch kinda craps itself when it comes to that.

Can you get the Settler's id from a previous savegame, then do prid his id, and then do disable, would that work? (disable is another command you can enter)

1. Load savegame with the settler who stole your armor.
    2. Open the console and click on him.
    3. Write prid SettlerID (it should be saved either way but just in case)
    4. Load the bugged Power Armor savegame.
    5. Open the console and push the Up arrow (to load the last thing you typed), or just type prid SettlerID, then push enter.
    6. Enter the disable command.
    Ugh, well, I went to try this but once I got back to the Castle the radio dude was there (and I can now trade with him) but the Power Armor's completely gone

Well, thanks for the suggestions anyway. Guess I'll have to find some more T-51 armor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

26. Post #2506
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2011
    27,335 Posts
    I'm sure a mod at some point down the road will add some good weapon diversity, that much I look forward to.
    It's a Creation Engine game, they always get covered in weapon mods.

This is likely going to be covered in tactic00l shit since it has a much more prevalent and efficient modding system than New Vegas, but there's bound to be some good stuff in there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #2507
    May 2013
    1,973 Posts
    I just viciously murdered Paladin Danse with an artillery cannon because    I sent him to my settlement, and after I sided with the Institute I became enemies to the BoS permanently, so he aggros on me whenever I see him   

RIP danse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

28. Post #2508
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,597 Posts
    So can enemies take weapons out of your workshop or something? I was working on a settlement when it suddenly got attacked by raiders. After I killed them I started looting their bodies and one of them had my freezing combat shotgun (Mr. Cool Ice), which I had stored in the workshop. I went and checked the workshop just to be sure and lo and behold it wasn't in there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2509
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    2,944 Posts
    Is there any way to clip buildings thru existing walls? I found the destroyed house you can find in Jamaica Plains and I'm trying to turn it into a fucking bunker but I can't cover the second floor because there's nothing that can fit well with those little broken arcs of would-be walls.

Edit: Apparently covering the second floor with small floors and then putting roofs on top of them let me clip the roofs tru the walls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Steam Brazil Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #2510
    September 2008
    535 Posts
    Honestly, this a big problem.
    Try
    Code:
    rimod 94636
    or, if that doesn't work and you're desperate, try
    Code:
    sisme 0
    This one disables all imagespace modifiers (night vision/recon scope color changes and probably some fade-to-black-type screen effects that are used in scripted sequences). It won't break anything, but you may notice some wierdness that's usually hidden by screen effects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

31. Post #2511
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    24,894 Posts
    Trying to figure out where the fucking super mutant suiciders are is probably the most stressful thing I've ever done in my life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #2512
    "Yeah my dog sleeps near my feet. sometimes i squeeze her with my legs and she farts."
    March 2010
    8,189 Posts
    I wonder what food paste tastes like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #2513
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,380 Posts
    Trying to figure out where the fucking super mutant suiciders are is probably the most stressful thing I've ever done in my life.
    I saw a squad of then on a road I was approaching from a perpendicular direction and a suicider was in the middle of them so I just shot his arm and they all died.

I'm seriously upset that they aren't more intelligent. Suiciders should hang back and try to flank you. Most of the time I've encountered them they are always in the middle of a ton of other mutants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

34. Post #2514
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,038 Posts
    I'm seriously upset that they aren't more intelligent.
    Yeah, probably one of the very few supermutants that didn't attend college.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #2515
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    4,582 Posts
    Is there ever any use for the other cybernetic parts that    Kellog    drops?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Steam United States Show Events

36. Post #2516
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    11,213 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 60Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2517
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    5,535 Posts
    Is there ever any use for the other cybernetic parts that    Kellog    drops?
    Nope totally useless, unless you want to use them as a trophy or something in your settlements, and unlike what I thought would be totally possible given Frosted Flakes got them, no you can't get any cybernetic upgrades from the Institute.

I mean it's total bullshit that they could upgrade him with Cybernetics, but you don't even get an option for it, hell Cybernetics were even in vanilla New Vegas, and since Project Nevada upgraded that system significantly you'd think they would have added it in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

38. Post #2518
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    4,582 Posts
    Nope totally useless, unless you want to use them as a trophy or something in your settlements, and unlike what I thought would be totally possible given Frosted Flakes got them, no you can't get any cybernetic upgrades from the Institute.

I mean it's total bullshit that they could upgrade him with Cybernetics, but you don't even get an option for it, hell Cybernetics were even in vanilla New Vegas, and since Project Nevada upgraded that system significantly you'd think they would have added it in.
    Yeah, that was actually my favorite part of PN

Hoping a mod/dlc adds something like it and maybe apply it retroactively to the items
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Steam United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

39. Post #2519
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,060 Posts
    Speaking of    kellog   , what was up with    Kellog speaking through Nick for only one line? I was expecting it to come up more later but no   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

40. Post #2520
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    5,535 Posts
    Yeah, that was actually my favorite part of PN
    Yeah it was a neat upgrade from the system we had, I totally expected something like it given they copied a crap load of other mods, Project Nevada included.

Speaking of    kellog   , what was up with    Kellog speaking through Nick for only one line? I was expecting it to come up more later but no   
    Happens once never brought up again,    people suggested that it would have been a cool evil option, perhaps as an alternative quest to let Kellog take over, I'd have never done it personally, I love Nick, but damn would it have been a really awesomely evil option, pity Bethesda didn't think of something like that.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)