1. Post #1
    3D Modeler Max Mediocre Nonpareil~
    October 2012
    167 Posts
    Hey, everyone!

I'm sure some of you have seen my Grinch player model thread. I'm almost done, it's looking pretty good in Garry's Mod, but I'm currently working on some custom animations for it for a Unity project I'm working on.

I know some of you are interested in that kind of thing, so I figured I'd include the custom Unity animations with the pack once I get it done so you can make your own extremely unlicensed and illegal Grinch games before Christmas rolls around. Er. What I mean to say is your own totally-not-the-Grinch games.

(You're a mean one, Mr. Blinch)

Anyways, once I'm done with that I'm actually kind of interested in making a couple of custom player models for you guys. Here's some examples of my past work:

You get the point. I'm not amazing, but I'll get the job done for ya.

So this thread is for you guys to post your custom characters you want to be a player model, and if I think it looks like a fun challenge that I'd also want to see in-game, then I'll get it done for you in a week or 2.

I do not do ports or reskins. Anything that you request and I approve of will be done from scratch by me, so if it exists in another game already then you're probably better off getting it ported since it'd be better quality anyways. That being said though, if you have a game character who's dated or needs a graphical update then I might still be interested in doing it. If your character only exists in 2D, then that's even better. I like a challenge!

Also for now I will only be doing player models. I'm feeling pretty lazy, so I won't be doing faceposing and the like.

Anyways with that out of the way, just post the name of the character and a picture for reference and I'll quote you if I decide to do it!

I look forward to seeing what you guys suggest!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2011
    330 Posts
    Bill Cipher from gravity falls maybe?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    October 2012
    167 Posts

Seems easy enough, consider it done! I'll post it up some time next week. I'll fix it up with some over the top phong and bloom and what not.

Keep those requests coming though, I doubt that one is going to take me long
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    December 2011
    330 Posts
    Seems easy enough, consider it done! I'll post it up some time next week. I'll fix it up with some over the top phong and bloom and what not.

Keep those requests coming though, I doubt that one is going to take me long
    Awesome! I've been waiting for a decent bill cipher model for quite a while, what you're doing is great :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    September 2014
    7 Posts
    If it's possible, can I ask for a model of Janus Cascade from Wild Arms 3?

For those of you who think I am still at it regarding these kinds of things, you are thinking correctly.

6. Post #6
    January 2012
    1,139 Posts
    What about Original Series Kirk and Spock? I'd like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    January 2010
    1,042 Posts
    Not impressive? Are you kidding? This is pretty dang amazing. You got a very realistic modeling style and you're texture work is pretty impressive, too.

Honestly, I know a model's already out there from Poker night; But what about Ash Williams? Honestly in a style like your's it'd be pretty accurate to The Evil Dead's grim grind-house themes.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    October 2012
    167 Posts
    If it's possible, can I ask for a model of Janus Cascade from Wild Arms 3?

For those of you who think I am still at it regarding these kinds of things, you are thinking correctly.
    Jeez, you requested that a year ago? Must be a pretty obscure game if nobody's done it. I've always wondered if I could actually make that art style look okay in 3D, but those crazy proportions and overwhelming number of belts kind of put me off. Maybe. I'll mess around with it when I get some free time and if I don't end up throwing my tablet against the wall I'll do it.

What about Original Series Kirk and Spock? I'd like that.
    Ah, sorry, I've never really been a fan. I could always use more practice for real people and everything, but I don't know, for some reason I just find it kind of depressing.

Not impressive? Are you kidding? This is pretty dang amazing. You got a very realistic modeling style and you're texture work is pretty impressive, too.

Honestly, I know a model's already out there from Poker night; But what about Ash Williams? Honestly in a style like your's it'd be pretty accurate to The Evil Dead's grim grind-house themes.

Hahaha yeah he does look a lot like Guybrush Threepwood in Poker Night is what I always thought. You flatter me though, I'm not sure if I could make one that'd be that realistic. I'm a pretty big fan of that one though, so I'll give it a shot. I'll get back to you.

These'll probably keep me busy for a bit, but go right ahead and keep posting. I've actually got some vacation time off work coming up soon, so I might be able to pick up a couple more. I was kind of hoping for something a bit more silly. I might do the Miser Brothers or something. I've always regretted not getting a Steam workshop/model showcase type deal going for Garry's Mod, so these'll help a bit I'm sure.

I'll post WIP screenshots as I get to them. I might PM the 3 of you if I need your personal preference on something as I go along.

9. Post #9

September 2015
    56 Posts
    would you be interested in turning ragdolls into playermodels? Like https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=110096476

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    January 2015
    897 Posts
    Milan Fras playermodel would be the shit

11. Post #11

December 2014
    90 Posts
    You honestly are amazing. I don't think I've ever seen someone take requests for free, even if you only get one or two done it's still so kind that your contributing to the community like this.

EDIT:
    You seem to like scary-type stuff and when I saw your work all I could think about for some reason was King Ramses from that Courage the Cowardly Dog episode. That could make for a good project!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPad Safari United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    October 2012
    167 Posts
    You honestly are amazing. I don't think I've ever seen someone take requests for free, even if you only get one or two done it's still so kind that your contributing to the community like this.

EDIT:
    You seem to like scary-type stuff and when I saw your work all I could think about for some reason was King Ramses from that Courage the Cowardly Dog episode. That could make for a good project!
    D'aww thanks. I've always just really liked this community, and I probably never would have even learned this stuff without it!

And yes, I absolutely love monsters and horror games! I won't make any more promises til after I finish these, but I'll let you know after I finish 1 or 2.

13. Post #13
    October 2012
    167 Posts

Everyone loves blockout hype. Probably.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

14. Post #14
    I love doge and other memes, please post them on my profile!!!
    June 2012
    8,151 Posts
    is it just playermodel requests your taking?

if not id like to request a simple prop.

15. Post #15
    October 2012
    167 Posts
    is it just playermodel requests your taking?

if not id like to request a simple prop.
    Well, originally I was just trying to practice getting things into the source engine with Blender and getting some sculpting practice at the same time, but I've got things pretty well down now, so I think if anything doing a prop here and there would just be less steps. What did you have in mind?

16. Post #16
    I love doge and other memes, please post them on my profile!!!
    June 2012
    8,151 Posts
    Well, originally I was just trying to practice getting things into the source engine with Blender and getting some sculpting practice at the same time, but I've got things pretty well down now, so I think if anything doing a prop here and there would just be less steps. What did you have in mind?
    i was gonna request a MSX cartridge

Edited:

if you are intrested in doing it il give you more info in a PM

17. Post #17
    October 2012
    167 Posts
    i was gonna request a MSX cartridge

Edited:

if you are intrested in doing it il give you more info in a PM
    Sure thing!

This'll probably be the only extra one I take for now. I'll have to catch up first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,262 Posts
    I wonder if you can make a Neimoidian from Star Wars

o wow i didnt notice your post but whenever you can you got one ready i guess friend

19. Post #19
    October 2012
    167 Posts
    o wow i didnt notice your post but whenever you can you got one ready i guess friend
    No worries, man!

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    5,552 Posts
    So I hear you like spooky stuff. Well, should you ever come across Stephen Gammell's artwork, I will both love, and hate you, at the same time.

Not gonna post pics because are you nuts?! :p

21. Post #21
    October 2010
    1,126 Posts
    could i post a pic of myself for a custom player model ?^^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    October 2012
    167 Posts
    could i post a pic of myself for a custom player model ?^^
    Nothing shows your ineptitude as an artist quite like getting someone's face and proportions completely wrong.

Both of those are entertaining ideas, but I'm probably going to take a quick break from requests after the ones I've promised so far.

I've gotta add more things to my Unity store soon.

23. Post #23
    November 2009
    786 Posts
    My only request, Gabriel from Last Man Standing. There are other LMS characters as well but he is my favorite.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    I don't even think you can comprehend how not ass damaged i am.
    August 2009
    3,824 Posts
    A Ghost in the shell Police officer would be sick!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #25
    October 2012
    167 Posts
    This is going to take some pretty creative rigging.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

26. Post #26
    December 2011
    330 Posts
    This is going to take some pretty creative rigging.
    I love that you made the hat float :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    October 2012
    167 Posts
    This is a pretty gimmicky way of solving the problem, but I actually kind of like it.

28. Post #28
    October 2010
    1,126 Posts
    on the base of this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...13&searchtext=
    could you try to recreate the potential normal face of Skullface, like this:

please ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    November 2009
    786 Posts
    I believe someone already did a release of Skullface from one of the latest MGS games.

30. Post #30
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,568 Posts
    Phil Coulson: the only avenger who's not on the workshop.

How can you not love this guy?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #31

November 2015
    1 Posts

Name: Mecha or "Metal" Tails.

It would be godly if you can make him. He only exists in 2D, and these are the only pictures for reference. :x
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    October 2012
    167 Posts
    Alright, Bill Cipher's done!

You can download the model here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=558625597

I did some pretty crazy things with the rig that I'm not sure all of you will like, but just leaving it default made him face the wrong way due to his eye being at chest level and a bunch of other problems, plus with this method his proportions are more true to the show.

The main downside to this is that the ragdoll is pretty much unposable until I make a custom skeleton and collision model, so I apologize for that. I'll add it in an update later probably.

Anyways, give it a shot and let me know what'cha think!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

33. Post #33
    May 2012
    11 Posts
    JUST DO IT

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    November 2009
    786 Posts
    Guessing that the MSX cartridge is next on your list?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    October 2012
    167 Posts
    Guessing that the MSX cartridge is next on your list?
    Haha Yeah exactly. I blocked it out already, so I'm probably going to texture it tonight, do some animations for the unity store, and then I'll do the Drifter and OneWinged requests over this week and next.

36. Post #36
    November 2009
    786 Posts
    Figured it would be pretty easy. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing the Ghost in the Shell officer, some of these other ones I could swear I've seen floating around the web especially that Evil Dead Ash and Skullface. I've seen the Poker Night version of Ash as a download somewhere but don't recall where. But there was another version that didn't have the toon look. I think there's a Ash model in this pack but I don't know if it's the Poker night one since I have been unable to download from Mediafire for a while now.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/36...model+pack.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    October 2012
    167 Posts
    Yeah, I'll ask OneWinged about it when I get there.

I'm kind of more interested in seeing how bad I screw it up anyways since it's been so long since I've done a regular person rather than a monster, but I'll check around a bit first.

38. Post #38
    October 2015
    203 Posts
    Could you make a leprechaun or a gnome? a cartoonish one because "realistic" ones look creepy as hell

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    November 2015
    35 Posts
    Hi Mr. PolytizeMeCPT! I was wondering, if you had the time, could you make Saita-
    JUST DO IT
    Oh wow, someone beat me to it. XD
    The design is relatively simple, though, and there can probably be body-grouping for the normal and serious faces. Should be easy, I guess!

But I'll be frank here. If this happens, I'm porting him to SFM so I can animate him knocking Superman's lights out. Just saying. =)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    November 2009
    786 Posts
    PolytizeMeCPT, is there any chance I could get the models you have for the Reaper, Vault Boy, Killer Klown and the Pumpkin Head? I would like to mess around with them a bit in Pepakura.