1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    7,346 Posts

This thread is for discussion of all Games-Workhop related products, such as W40K and Warhammer fantasy, including the Roleplaying games. Warhammer 40,000 (also known as Warhammer 40K or simply 40K) is a tabletop miniature wargame produced by Games Workshop, set in a dystopian science fantasy universe.

More info about the lore and setting can be found at the Lexicanum

Video Games
    There have been several video games related to Warhammer 40K and couple to Warhammer Fantasy, so far the released games of note:

Space Crusade (1992)
    Space Hulk (1993)
    Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels (1995)
    Final Liberation (1997)
    Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate (1998)
    Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War (1999)
    Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior (2003)
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (2004)
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Winter Assault (2005)
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade (2006)
    Warhammer: Mark of Chaos (2006)
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Soulstorm (2008)
    Warhammer: Battlemarch (2008)
    Warhammer 40,000: Glory in Death (2006)
    Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command (2007)
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II (2009)
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – Chaos Rising (2010)
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – Retribution (2011)
    Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (2011)
    Warhammer 40,000: Killteam (2011)
    Space Hulk (2013)
    Space Hulk Ascension (2014)
    Mordheim: City of the Damned (2014)
    Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon (2014)
    Warhammer Quest (2014)
    Warhammer 40,000: Regicide (2015)
    Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch - Enhanced Edition (2015)
    Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide (2015)
    Total War: Warhammer (2016)
    Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade (2016)
    Battlefleet Gothic: Armada (2016)
    Eisenhorn: XENOS (2016)
    Space Hulk: Deathwing (November 2016)
    Dawn of War III (TBA 2017)
    Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr (2017)
    Dawn of War series
    Dawn of War:
    Dawn of war is a RTS game set in the W40k Universe. It has most of the things you would expect from a RTS game such as Base building, unit upgrades, a resource system etc. The first game in the series, Dawn of War, had the Space Marines, Chaos, Orks and Eldar as playable Factions. Expansions added the other races - Winter Assault had Imperial Guard, Dark Crusade had Tau and Necrons, Soulstorm had Witch Hunters and Dark Eldar. Tyranids were not added the game. A Space Marine Chapter, the Blood Ravens, were developed for the DoW series.

Dawn of War 2:
    Dawn of war 2 was released in 2009 by Relic. It was completely different from DoW1 - Base building was removed, Research was gone, battles were smaller, there were fewer units etc. DoW2 was more focued on smaller battles with less units. The singleplayer campaign was more like a RPG - You only had one squad of characters.
    The playable armies on DoW2 were the Space marines, Tyranids, Orks, and Eldar. The Chaos rising Expansion added Chaos along with a new campaign. The Latest game in the series is Dawn of war 2: Retribution. It is a standalone game and does not require any of the other games. It adds a campaign for each race as well as the Imperial Guard as a playable faction.

Dawn of War 3:
    Currently set to be released sometime in 2017. Currently confirmed factions are Space Marines, Eldar, and Orks.
    Announcement trailer
    Unit breakdown 1
    Unit breakdown 2
    Space Marine
    Space Marine:
    Space marine is a TPS in development for the PS3, X360 and PC. It was released September 2011. Players take the role of Space Marine Captain Titus of the Ultramarines chapter. The storyline of the game involves defending a Forgeworld from Orks, and later on Chaos.
    Game includes multiple multiplayer dlcs that give different Warbands/Chapters, usable dreadnaught, exterminatus and normal multiplayer maps. Unfortunately the multiplayer is mostly silent now.
    Total War: Warhammer
    Upcoming Warhammer Fantasy entry into the longstanding Total War series. Total War: Warhammer is a real-time tactics video game with turn-based strategy element. The game will also feature four playable factions at launch, which are the Empire, the Greenskins, the Dwarfs and the Vampire Counts. Chaos is confirmed for day one DLC with more DLC to likely be sold to add other factions to the game.
    Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
    Vermintide is a four player co-op game set during the Warhammer Fantasy End Times. The game features five different heroes to play as, each with their own play style and unlocks. You face off against the Skaven, a race of ratmen, as you attempt to keep them from fully overrunning the city of Ubersreik. Recently had a horde mode added where you and your team last as long as possible against waves of Skaven.
    Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
    Battlefleet Gothic: Armada is the RTS videogame adaptation of Games Workshop’s classic tabletop game, pitting the Chaos, Imperium, Eldar, and Orks against each other in visceral space-battles. Currently in open beta stress test for anyone that pre-orders. Currently only 1v1 both against an AI or multiplayer with bits of the campaign playable. Ships are persistent and gain levels and upgrades however progression is not shared between singleplayer and multiplayer.

Now includes Space Marine and Tau fleets as DLC.
    Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr
    Inquisitor – Martyr is an open-world sandbox Action-RPG set in the Caligari Sector, a secluded region of the Imperium with hundreds of star systems, thousands of planets, which offers a huge variety of mission types on randomly generated maps: a persistent universe with special mini-campaigns and a storyline influenced by the community.
    Space Hulk: Deathwing
    Space Hulk: Deathwing is a first-person shooter experience that offers you the chance to experience a desperate battle against genestealers in the claustrophobic tunnels of a Space Hulk, as you gain skills, new abilities, and new equipment thanks to experience earned during perilous missions.

It is currently confirmed that in singleplayer you will always play as a librarian, in the case of co-op the host will play as the librarian and the other players will play as yet unrevealed classes

Coming this November
    Tabletop
    Lots of useful painting tutorials here
    You can find plenty of after action reports or other tutorials on YouTube.
    If you want to buy models, check with your local gaming store. They can often order them for you cheaper than buying from GW yourself.

I've used Careld's OP from the last thread with some minor edits. If anyone has any suggestions for anything that should be added/changed just let me know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    September 2009
    1,056 Posts
    TW Warhammer is coming in 2016, it's not TBA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,604 Posts
    Vermintide is out too.
    Also claiming first page for chaos
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    10,000 Posts
    woo new thread smell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,262 Posts
    the last one ended so in such an anticlimax
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    I really like to make music and do audio work, contact me if you need some yes?
    June 2013
    2,175 Posts
    Speaking of Vermintide, for those who are interested Fatshark have released info regarding future free/paid DLC. First DLC is free, they've sold over 300k copies so far which is great. http://www.vermintide.com/dlc-plans-2015/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Safari United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    February 2014
    219 Posts
    And speaking of TW: Warhammer, they've added a page describing the background of Grimgor. Hopefully this means we will be seeing more this week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Belgium Show Events

8. Post #8
    June 2010
    1,442 Posts
    Makes me wonder if they're gonna add some other race like one of the Southlands Skink mercenaries. It'd be interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Steam Portugal Show Events

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    7,494 Posts
    EHEH I LOIK DIZ NEW THREED. IT DOESN'T HAVE SUM ZOGGIN' EDGY TITLE EETHA!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    9,338 Posts
    The OP is still the one i did quite a long time ago, so it's sort of outdated now. Dark Millennium was cancelled years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    10,797 Posts
    And don't forget to remove the warhammer fantasy logo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    9,338 Posts
    And don't forget to remove the warhammer fantasy logo
    Should keep it as it is really. We can just pretend AoS doesn't exist for now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #13
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,017 Posts
    One thing my friends keep really wanting in Vermintide, even if probably never going to happen and totally not lore friendly, is a new character who is either a Stormvermin deserter or a Lizardman. I'd like to see a class that uses pole-weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    June 2010
    1,442 Posts
    One thing my friends keep really wanting in Vermintide, even if probably never going to happen and totally not lore friendly, is a new character who is either a Stormvermin deserter or a Lizardman. I'd like to see a class that uses pole-weapons.
    Deserter Stormvermin doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Whereas a Lizardman mercenary from the Southlands makes a bit more sense, not by much, mind you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Steam Portugal Show Events

15. Post #15
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,017 Posts
    Deserter Stormvermin doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Whereas a Lizardman mercenary from the Southlands makes a bit more sense, not by much, mind you.
    Like I said, not lore friendly. But I admit I would kinda like it myself. But yeah, I really just want someone who uses pole weapons. Or if they could just do Tresdin the Legion Commander from Dota 2, that'd be awesome.

Come on, she'd be great. She leads her army straight in to a city under siege by a demon army, charges up to the portal at the source, and leaps in to single combat with the freshly emerged demon lord leading the invasion and cuts him down while her own men are slaughtered around her and the lesser demons are surrounding her. Then kills them too and rallies more soldiers to help her clean up the rest before setting out to retaliate. She's incredibly distrustful of just about everyone else, and completely zealous. She'd totally fit. (I know, can't be done. But I can dream.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,380 Posts
    If it was WH40K a Grey Knight with that iconic lance would work really well. His ranged weapon could just be a little wrist bolter and he could have something like that Psychic Inquisition ability from DoW1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    7,346 Posts
    Should keep it as it is really. We can just pretend AoS doesn't exist for now.
    That was how I figured it. I'll fix dates when I get home. Also I'm thinking of putting some basic info on starting out with tabletop, anyone have suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Firefox United States Show Events

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    11,122 Posts
    Honestly, I'd totally not mind a mode where you can choose to play your whole team as various skaven and you end up going against skaven because, thats hardly out of character for them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #19
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    14,063 Posts
    the last one ended so in such an anticlimax
    Considering the state of WFB, very appropriate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,179 Posts
    I claim this thread in the name of the Greater Good, primitive scum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

21. Post #21

January 2012
    611 Posts
    There's plenty of human mercenaries from Tilea that specialize in polearms like pikes and halberds, a Bretonnian man-at-arms with a Baldrick-esque character would be cool too, once again going for a Bow+Spear instead of the black powder/crossbow of the others. But another human might not be the best addition... A Lothern Sea Guard is pretty much a spear+bow multitasker in the lore, who serve aboard most High Elf vessels, but in a twist a Dark Elf Beastmaster would be pretty dope, as they prefer spears/gouds as well. All go full for-the-lulz and add a Gnoblar with a poky stick, throwing hedgehogs and a slingshot.

Edited:

Imperial engineer with a mancatcher, but once again a human... Plus the Empire-related characters start to share ranged weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Finland Show Events

22. Post #22
    Corgi Enthusiast
    June 2009
    1,385 Posts
    What about a halfling with a spear?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,455 Posts
    What about a halfling with a spear?
    Whom the Dwarf can mock for being small, and gives the Waywatcher something else to relentlessly mock.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,950 Posts
    So after waiting for a few months for Imperial Armour 8 to get restocked/replaced, I figured I might as well email Forgeworld and see if I could get anything out of them.

While of course there was no direct information, they didn't mention the possibility of a restock anywhere, and hinted that they were working on several Imperial Armour volumes at the moment.

Considering that Volumes 1-7 already have 2nd editions, and that they didn't mention a restock at all, its pretty reasonable to assume that 8 is next and shouldn't be too much longer if I had to guess.

The hype continues.

Edited:

Oh yeah, a buddy of mine wrote up the Elysian/Black Templar list I'm working on right now, so you guys can give it a read if you feel like:
    http://titangamesandhobbies.com/week...rs-in-trouble/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

25. Post #25
    February 2014
    219 Posts
    I found something that is going around the eternal crusade forums. Can anyone confirm that this is truth?

Please be true! Please be true!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Belgium Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 9 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,638 Posts
    I found something that is going around the eternal crusade forums. Can anyone confirm that this is truth?

Gw fb pages in NZ/AUS confirmed it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    May 2013
    382 Posts
    I'm still bothered that Space Hulk Deathwing has gone completely dark.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    14,063 Posts
    It's better that way, Vermintide has been a clusterfuck of "OMG BROKEN" wherein customers expect a small dev to have AAA QA services on retainer; it's much better for Streum to take the proper time to have shit in working order before letting the adeptus monkeys try to break it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

29. Post #29
    March 2009
    1,306 Posts

Its been confirmed

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

30. Post #30
    Corgi Enthusiast
    June 2009
    1,385 Posts

It's so chubby!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,380 Posts
    Why do those old(?) Dreadnoughts look so much more... well, useful? It looks significantly more durable than even the Ironclad or Venerable Dreads of late. The legs are actually fully formed and look like they'd be able to fucking sprint at you or something.

I really like the look of all the Dreads since it's always cool, but that one just looks far more utilitarian. You could still maintain the "fuck you we're the space marines!" aspect by slapping on some golden trims or purity seals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Corgi Enthusiast
    June 2009
    1,385 Posts
    A rule of thumb in 40k is; the older the technology - the better it is.
       Forge World are also good at design   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,262 Posts
    because lost and forgotten technology.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,017 Posts
    Since I've only recently gotten in to it and don't know a whole lot of the lore really, as I've brought up in the last thread, what exactly is the deal with all this lost but superior technology and dark age tech? I'm guessing that it has to do with the Horus Heresy since everything seems to relate back to that in some form.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,262 Posts
    half of the Mechanicum defected to Chaos, forge worlds were burned and Mars itself got wrecked to shit when loyalist and traitor adepts fought over the planet

Edited:

in addition more stuff has been lost in the last ten millenia to general regression and other huge wars like Waaagh! Da Beast and the Age of Apostasy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,179 Posts
    And a small percent of lost technology are simply lost becuase the Mechanicum and Space Marines have huge factories and armories, meaning that they're deep inside some long forgotten section of a vast armory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 Sweden Show Events

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    4,967 Posts
    And a small percent of lost technology are simply lost becuase the Mechanicum and Space Marines have huge factories and armories, meaning that they're deep inside some long forgotten section of a vast armory.
    some tech-priest adept probably unknowingly walks by a world-destroying warp hole grenade and thinks of it as a desk ornament
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,638 Posts

It's so chubby!
    I see Bane, that's probably a bad sign
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,262 Posts
    I see Bane, that's probably a bad sign
    for y-

no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    May 2012
    1,341 Posts
    He's that one fat kid that acts all shy, and then crushes you when you piss him off.

Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought£46

Forge World posted:
    Created in limited numbers in the latter days of the Great Crusade, the Leviathan pattern Siege Dreadnought was developed in secret on Terra, away from the pervasive oculars of the Mechanicum. Its massive frame incorporates hybridised technologies, some dating back into the dim past of humanity.

Towering over later Imperial walker patterns, this heavily armoured dreadnought is savagely powerful. It was designed for siege warfare and primarily armed with close combat and support weaponry that can rend buildings, vehicles and flesh alike; though it is no less effective when armed with the powerful and esoteric short ranged weaponry uniquely developed for it. The Leviathan’s oversized reactor allows it to bear weapons more powerful than other classes of dreadnought, and also powers reinforced energy fields that surpass those developed for the Contemptor class.

Power has its cost though, and the systems of the Leviathan place a lethal level of strain on the minds its occupants. Those few examples that survive in the armouries of Space Marine Chapters into the 41st Millennium are reserved for the direst of circumstances. Marines who find themselves interred within a Leviathan will pay a heavy toll; either with their life, or their reason.

The Leviathan pattern Siege Dreadnought is a multi-part resin kit. It includes optional torso mounted heavy flamers and volkite calivers, an optional Phosphex discharger and an 80mm round base. Weapon arms shown in some photos are sold separately.
    Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought with Storm Cannon and Grav Flux Bombard£72

Forge World posted:
    Created in limited numbers in the latter days of the Great Crusade, the Leviathan pattern Siege Dreadnought was developed in secret on Terra, away from the pervasive oculars of the Mechanicum. Its massive frame incorporates hybridised technologies, some dating back into the dim past of humanity. Towering over later Imperial walker patterns, this heavily armoured dreadnought is savagely powerful.

This Leviathan pattern Siege Dreadnought is equipped with a Storm Cannon and Grav-flux bombard, powerful and esoteric short ranged weaponry uniquely developed for the Leviathan.

The Leviathan pattern Siege Dreadnought is a multi-part resin kit. It includes optional torso mounted heavy flamers and volkite calivers, an optional Phosphex discharger and an 80mm round base.
    Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought with Siege Claw and Siege Drill£72

Forge World posted:
    Created in limited numbers in the latter days of the Great Crusade, the Leviathan pattern Siege Dreadnought was developed in secret on Terra, away from the pervasive oculars of the Mechanicum. Its massive frame incorporates hybridised technologies, some dating back into the dim past of humanity. Towering over later Imperial walker patterns, this heavily armoured dreadnought is savagely powerful.

This Leviathan pattern Siege Dreadnought is equipped with a Siege Claw and Siege Drill, powerful close combat weapons that excel at tearing through buildings, vehicles and flesh alike.

The Leviathan pattern Siege Dreadnought is a multi-part resin kit. It includes optional torso mounted heavy flamers and volkite calivers, an optional Phosphex discharger and an 80mm round base.
       Get it? Grav weapon jokes!   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)