1. Post #3081
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    956 Posts
        So having romanced Piper, I was hoping since Bethesda seems to be going "Mass Effect" with dialogue and character interaction I was hoping that would extend to physical interaction with romanced companions, even a simple hug, kiss, or something would have sufficed. But no...I don't know why I expected as much...    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

2. Post #3082
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    7,352 Posts
    I wish you could scrap power armor frames. I'm up to four of the things now and I'm sure there are plenty more to be found.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

3. Post #3083
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,988 Posts
    That's a funny way to spell Piper. We all know we can't fuck robots.
    Fisto proved you wrong 4 years ago.

Edited:

So having romanced Piper, I was hoping since Bethesda seems to be going "Mass Effect" with dialogue and character interaction I was hoping that would extend to physical interaction with romanced companions, even a simple hug, kiss, or something would have sufficed. But no...I don't know why I expected as much...    
    This is something mods will definitely fix.

For better or worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Vivaldi New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

4. Post #3084
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,071 Posts
    So Deacon won't shut up about    me reading his recall code, something I didn't and don't want to do, I answer him and the next time I try to talk to him he asks me about it again   
    Will I ever be able to talk to him normally again (thoughts/relationship)? I don't want to google    Deacon recall code    because that sounds like it could spoil the entire faction questline
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Poland Show Events

5. Post #3085
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,718 Posts
    After messing about with the post-apocalypse char-gen, i eventually settled for just keeping my dude exactly the same as he was before the bombs fell, only now there's mud all over him.

I also spent ages digging up all of the tattoo mags, i was really looking forward to getting my dude some ink- but i gotta say im pretty disappointed. there were only like five of them in the end, and all but two of them totally sucked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #3086
    Japanese Cerberus
    August 2011
    6,211 Posts
    Thing is, I didn't find any of the companions cool enough to take with me. New Vegas had Boone who was almost worthwhile, but there's no strictly military cool-headed baller to tag along with this time around -- which is what I tend to pick. Dogmeat, robots, random journalists, eeeh, not my thing.

On the other hand, I managed to make a raider base allllll the way up north (called Outpost somethingsomething I can't remember) into a fortified military establishment. Barbed wire fences everywhere, every guard has combat armor and army clothes, assault rifles, artillery and well sustainable food and water. Plus eighteen spotlights and a handful of turrets. Some dogs and a bandit tried running in through the entrance.

Took about three and a half seconds for the encounter to end. My personal fortress ain't nothing to fuck with.
    Base building can be fun after all -- such a shame that I can't make the place larger, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Finland Show Events

7. Post #3087
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,844 Posts
       If you do sleep in a bed it is implied that you guys that night   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Steam United States Show Events

8. Post #3088
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,771 Posts

I guess this will do for the castle entrance.

Also I have way too much Power Armor. 1 X-01, 4 T-60's, 1 T-51 and a T-45
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #3089
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    29,244 Posts
    it was really depressing going to that old peoples' home in salem not gonna lie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

10. Post #3090
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,197 Posts
       So I finished the lost patrol but the game won't let me talk to danse to complete it. What do I do?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #3091
    Dennab
    July 2013
    1,996 Posts
       I went to Wellington and bartered up to 500 caps before saying "nah fuck you" and returned the egg   
       wait, are you saying there's friendly deathclaws in the game that's not a glitch and more like the intelligent deathclaws in FO2?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPad Safari Singapore Show Events

12. Post #3092
    Gold Member

February 2010
    5,298 Posts
       So apparently the railroad hates me after doing one mission with the Institute (reclaim the synth near the Nordhagen Farm settlement). Is there anyway to win back their friendship? Also are the Brotherhood and Institute the only factions I can side with in the story? I thought the Minutemen would be the neutral choice but working with them doesn't seem to be going anywhere story-wise. The only reason I even worked with the Institute as all was because I thought I would be able to eventually tell Shaun to fuck off with the brainwashing. Don't tell me this is another Fallout 3 "pick good guy or bad guy" scenario. I can't fucking stand either faction.   

I guess this will do for the castle entrance.

Also I have way too much Power Armor. 1 X-01, 4 T-60's, 1 T-51 and a T-45
    Aw shit son how do I build actual concrete walls?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

13. Post #3093
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    11,244 Posts
    I wish you could scrap power armor frames. I'm up to four of the things now and I'm sure there are plenty more to be found.
    I've found four plus another two from a vertibird attacking a group of supermutants then crashing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events

14. Post #3094
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,433 Posts
    are there any ways to lower graphics past minimum in the launcher?

playing with a GTX 560 sucks and i cant afford a new gfx card (20 sometimes sub 20 fps in firefights, usually 23-35fps average)

and i really dont want to play below 1080p since i play borderless and if i alt tab or go into another window on my multi monitor while in fullscreen it completely messes the resolution
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #3095
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,771 Posts
    Aw shit son how do I build actual concrete walls?
    Under the floors section in wooden structures. (First tab from the main workshop menu)

There is a "Shack Foundation" floor. It's a little heavy cost wise on concrete. But totally worth it. I hope my explanation was sufficient.

Edited:

The back of my main entrance. Also using rugs to allow me to clip walls and stuff together is fantastic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #3096

Sometimes I will just sit down and stare at them, so beautiful.

who ever model'd the power armor in this game deserves an award
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #3097
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,267 Posts
    Does power armor amplify radiation or something? Seems like every time a normal feral ghoul takes a swipe at me the rad meter instantly pegs for several seconds and I have to keep using radaways every few seconds because stimpaks stopped working due to the rads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

18. Post #3098
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,771 Posts
    Does power armor amplify radiation or something? Seems like every time a normal feral ghoul takes a swipe at me the rad meter instantly pegs for several seconds and I have to keep using radaways every few seconds because stimpaks stopped working due to the rads.
    Ghouls always add Rads to you when they hit you. But for me PA's lower the amount drastically.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #3099
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    24,210 Posts
    Also using rugs to allow me to clip walls and stuff together is fantastic.
    explain?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Sweden Show Events

20. Post #3100
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    11,244 Posts
    Ghouls always add Rads to you when they hit you. But for me PA's lower the amount drastically.
    This.

PA halves or thirds radiation doses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events

21. Post #3101
    Dennab
    January 2015
    1,105 Posts
    How do you display power armor and how do you upgrade it? I understand how you upgrade the first power armor you get, but do you find other pieces and add it to the armor? Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Chrome United States Show Events

22. Post #3102
    Dennab
    October 2015
    118 Posts
    How do I fix the quest "The Dig".

I can't activate the last blast point and I'm stuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #3103

I slept on the bed near by and it fixed it for some strange reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Australia Show Events

24. Post #3104
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,748 Posts
    Man ive gotten so in love with my power armor suits that ive build a workshop and a depo for them at the castle, the later containing stands that store and spare suits that arent my kitted out ones so that in the event of an attack anyone can just grab one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events

25. Post #3105
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,349 Posts
    Just finished a pretty fun quest and got this as a reward.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #3106
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    6,235 Posts
    so uh what am i supposed to spend caps on. i only just remembered i can buy stuff, i have shitloads and i literally have no idea what to get because everythnig ive ever wanted i've just found lying around

27. Post #3107
    Dennab
    October 2010
    15,211 Posts
    so settlers cant use stairs or-

need to know before I make the mega cool shit on top of Red Rocket

tested this via trying to command my companion to use them, but nothing.
    Maybe if you're really good with crafting, but otherwise just use the stairs in the Wood -> Floors, NPC's can and will use those.

But yeah, kinda hard to get NPC's on top of Red Rocket I imagine.

Sometimes normal doorways bug out, where my Codsworth could navigate through entire house, but couldn't exit it (even though it entered it) I fixed it by building new doorway (from metal into wooden)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Finland Show Events

28. Post #3108
    Gold Member

February 2010
    5,298 Posts
    so uh what am i supposed to spend caps on. i only just remembered i can buy stuff, i have shitloads and i literally have no idea what to get because everythnig ive ever wanted i've just found lying around
    buy a metric fuckton of ammo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #3109
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,008 Posts
    Stimpacks ? 10mm ammo ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events

30. Post #3110
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    5,901 Posts

I had to wait for the guy to speak to me about doing any last things before breaching the last blast point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

31. Post #3111
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,086 Posts
    How do I remove a companion from Supply Line duty?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

32. Post #3112
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    15,915 Posts
    Just finished a pretty fun quest and got this as a reward.
    yeah, that place was really fucking neat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

33. Post #3113
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    December 2006
    20,944 Posts
    How do you display power armor and how do you upgrade it? I understand how you upgrade the first power armor you get, but do you find other pieces and add it to the armor? Thanks!
    yeah i don't get it
    when i exit the armor it just stands there where i exited it, i have to position it very carefully to line up with the coat hanger
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Sweden Show Events

34. Post #3114
    Dennab
    October 2010
    15,211 Posts
    How do I remove a companion from Supply Line duty?
    Good fucking question.

If I'm not completely wrong, you can't even remove settlers from their jobs. You can assign them a new one, but I think the previous job (food, or salvage table, or w/e) is still going to be taken care of..? (In a way, sharing their duties)

But I'm not too in-depth or sure! Haven't even got new settlers yet, just building stuff in Sanctuary until I'm ready to hook a wire into the recruitment radio mast. I once did, for testing purposes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #3115
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,693 Posts
    I haven't kept up with the thread's past 3000 or so posts because I've just been on a cycle of Sleep, Work, Fallout, repeat, but I remember hearing some bullshit about the map being smaller than the previous games.

Absolutely not true, and even if technically it's dimensions are, half of all the buildings I come across have some interior, either open or through a door. In Fallout 3 and New Vegas you might find 1/8 buildings actually have an inside.

Also NO RUBBLE filler. D.C. was like 70% rubble while Boston is open. I also can't wait to see another quest comparison picture, because Fallout 4 has to have more quests than New Vegas, especially counting all of the unmarked quests like Barney's in Salem.

I've got 30 hours, I've barely done any sidequests, I haven't even explored the bottom half of the map and I've barely dipped a toe into the north east Salem part. I've barely spent any time with settlements either. I can see myself putting 150 hours into this unmodded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

36. Post #3116
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    17,857 Posts
    where's the most open, flat piece of land to build a settlement? sanctuary's pre-existing buildings are killing my base boner

37. Post #3117
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) rip $5
    Dennab
    December 2009
    8,921 Posts
    Just found out that you get a sick flashlight if you wear the mining helmet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #3118
    So are you able to build the cooler looking power armor stands?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Australia Show Events

39. Post #3119
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,349 Posts
    where's the most open, flat piece of land to build a settlement? sanctuary's pre-existing buildings are killing my base boner
    Starlight Drive In is probably best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #3120
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    19,989 Posts
    I tried to make my character look Asian but I dunno, It's harder than I thought even with this different character creator.

Tried messing around with it more using the console command. Does she at least look a little better or still "nothing but funny and disagree ratings ugly"?

Edit: Well there's my answer
    FYI, she looks like Megan Fox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11Funny Funny x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)