1. Post #3001
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,910 Posts
    I hope all the people wondering about fuel cell consumption know that there's a perk that makes them last longer

I have 9 INT so I took it early and my fusion cores usually last almost an hour or more without sprinting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

2. Post #3002
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    30,287 Posts
    If you get a laser weapon with 25 or more bleed, definitely stack that with burn damage. It's crazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPad Chrome Canada Show Events

3. Post #3003
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,789 Posts

Best robot
    oh my keks, he's a miniature liberty prime
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

4. Post #3004
    Dennab
    August 2009
    6,070 Posts
    So late game spoiler bug thing.

Cait keeps opening the fucking door that Wallace locked himself behind, it's so stupid. His mouth doesn't move and it still sounds like he's behind the door, but I can see him and move around the bathroom. Bethesda.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

5. Post #3005
    Dennab
    October 2010
    15,211 Posts
    It really feels like, despite being a core feature, that base customization is like half done.
    Agreed, I'd like them to release a patch for it. But I'm guessing DLC's will already add more building "blocks" to it.

While it does work, it doesn't just work because for example, try to line up those "Junk Fences" without leaving gaps in between? Nigh Impossible.

and technically the system is broken (aka ridiculously tall "Rust" houses if you want to, but who makes those anyway?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Finland Show Events

6. Post #3006
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,381 Posts
    They need to patch it so you can walk through the dog. He's a top griefer, he keeps standing in doorways when raiders throw grenades at my feet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPad Safari United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

7. Post #3007
    January 2014
    222 Posts
    There is a bug currently that lets you get One of the more powerful weapons from the beginning of the game (Some spoilers in link)
    Yea I got that weapon, its awesome, but does anyone know where I Can find more ammo for it?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

8. Post #3008
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    15,400 Posts

After seeing some people's power armor collections, mine is heavily lackluster. of this I'm well aware. That said, I did manage to collect all the pieces of Raider II armor, so that's something, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #3009
    YOU ARE DUMB AND NOBODY LIKES YOU
    January 2010
    8,009 Posts
    Agreed, I'd like them to release a patch for it. But I'm guessing DLC's will already add more building "blocks" to it.

While it does work, it doesn't just work because for example, try to line up those "Junk Fences" without leaving gaps in between? Nigh Impossible.

and technically the system is broken (aka ridiculously tall "Rust" houses if you want to, but who makes those anyway?)
    once geck comes out who's even going to use the ingame features to build their own bases anyway

Edited:

After seeing some people's power armor collections, mine is heavily lackluster. of this I'm well aware. That said, I did manage to collect all the pieces of Raider II armor, so that's something, right?
    join the club. i don't even use the power armor. i have like 3 frames and I think I have a full set of raider armor and the BOS armor I looted off of a body but other than that I don't really have squat for it

i don't even use power armor either. i have like 20 fusion cores but i don't really want to consume any of them by using it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #3010
    January 2009
    400 Posts
    Always on. All the time.

Really wanting to know how you guys are managing without the Power Armour. High endurance or certain perks? Cause I get my ass handed to me without the armour on.
    Generally by savescumming a lot, using hunting rifle with scope to kill enemies outside of their sight radius, abusing saves, lugging around a lot of food and various weaponry, quicksaving every five seconds, lots of swearing, and if you're caught with your pants down(Goddamn deathclaw in that goddamn museum) just what I do - nuke shit mercilessly and use rocketlauncher to eat away any lasting hp of the enemy. Did I mention saves?
    It really helps that I found fatman at what, 4th level? That fucking raider in raider powerarmor near Corvega factory, though...

In other news: fucking dog managed to push me off a fucking tower to my imminent fucking death. Thanks dogmeat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #3011
    Dennab
    October 2010
    15,211 Posts
    once geck comes out who's even going to use the ingame features to build their own bases anyway

Edited:

join the club. i don't even use the power armor. i have like 3 frames and I think I have a full set of raider armor and the BOS armor I looted off of a body but other than that I don't really have squat for it

i don't even use power armor either. i have like 20 fusion cores but i don't really want to consume any of them by using it
    I don't know. I've never used the GECK.

Do NPC's recognize the insides and interiors that are custom built like that?

It's already challenging enough to get NPC's or Followers inside your buildings.

(I built a 3-store building that at least Codsworth can climb up top if I command him, should be good.)

12. Post #3012
    wow ok
    December 2007
    17,714 Posts

Hmm, something is off here...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #3013
    Dennab
    October 2010
    15,211 Posts
    Enough of Facepunch for now, time go to play.

Woke up at 8 AM today.

I went to sleep at 8 PM yesterday, after having stayed up the entire day and night before it. My eyes were so red and bloodshot my brother was concerned for health.

14. Post #3014
    January 2013
    5,840 Posts
    I did something different with my character, instead of doing the white male. I decided to make an arab-ish character.

Didn't spend much time in the face editor though.
    Also, I like dogmeat but holy fuck the amount of times he has blocked me are so many. MGSV did the dog thing much better because that dog didn't block your ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #3015
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    6,120 Posts
    I am super curious what the DLCs are gonna be. Where do you go with this story. Also please [t]humb your images.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #3016
    January 2014
    222 Posts
    I am super curious what the DLCs are gonna be. Where do you go with this story.
    I hope new areas?

17. Post #3017
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    5,901 Posts
    I am super curious what the DLCs are gonna be. Where do you go with this story. Also please [t]humb your images.
    I was thinking Bethesda would do the same deal as they did for Fallout 3 and have you be able to travel to different areas and do quests not related at all to the main story.

18. Post #3018
    January 2009
    400 Posts
    How do I get enough ammo to keep my automatic weapons chugging?
    I have this problem with almost every weapon I use regularly, even sniper rifle, which I cannot even spam!
    I wonder if it's even possible to use minigun on regular basis...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events

19. Post #3019
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,102 Posts
    So my physical PC edition comes Monday, how big is the crap I have to DL from steam?
    It installs 5 gb, the rest you have to download.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Denmark Show Events

20. Post #3020
    known terrorist
    April 2011
    8,748 Posts
    Been trying to fix the castle the best I could, its not perfect nor is it done obviously but figured I'd share the progress on fixing the walls (which is the only thing I've done to it)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 18Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #3021
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,910 Posts
    Wait, you can fix the walls!?

Edited:

How do you clip the floors like that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

22. Post #3022
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,740 Posts
    the only existing x-01 power helmet is in    prydwen   

why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Indonesia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #3023
    known terrorist
    April 2011
    8,748 Posts
    Wait, you can fix the walls!?
    Yeah there's a "concrete foundation" wooden floor that I found that looks pretty much like the brick color that I've been trying to put in there, its super finicky though and what I showed here took almost an hour and a half to do. I'll work on it more tomorrow.

Plans for the base:
    -central tower
    -more reinforced walls
    -lookout towers on walls
    -fill in interior chambers
    -set up farms
    -automated defenses and guard posts spaced around
    -markets etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

24. Post #3024
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    29,327 Posts
    What is the best protective gear? My character looks weird with the mix of leather, synth, and combat gear.

25. Post #3025
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    14,820 Posts
       Walking out of Fort Hagen to see the Prydwyn and a bunch of vertibirds flying in through a radstorm was fucking amazing. I went and got inducted as a brotherhood knight immediately. This T-60 armor is kiackass. It looks like Bethesda realized that Lyon's Pride was boring as fuck, so had them replaced with proper brotherhood.   
    Lol felt exactly the same. I'm about to head over there too, although I hope it doesn't have any bad consequences down the line. (name of faction)    B__o__S    always seem a bit shady.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Sweden Show Events

26. Post #3026
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,886 Posts
    I feel that painting an X-01 suit Vault colors is hilarious, because of the irony.

27. Post #3027
    known terrorist
    April 2011
    8,748 Posts
    People might wanna look at this too

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/132/?

gets rid of the settlement object limit so you're not just limited to like 5 things
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

28. Post #3028
    I am addicted to dicking around in the character creator

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #3029
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    13,265 Posts
    So that magazine that permo marks Diamond City on your map, what exactly is the use of that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #3030
    Gay Member #1
    November 2009
    7,492 Posts
    I tried to make my character look Asian but I dunno, It's harder than I thought even with this different character creator.

Tried messing around with it more using the console command. Does she at least look a little better or still "nothing but funny and disagree ratings ugly"?

Pretty sure there is an Asian preset you could've used
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 3 (list)

31. Post #3031
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    25,640 Posts
    My favorite settlement (so far) is coastal cove, but jesus fuck it's the smallest space ever to build.

I just have these 2 huge ass skyscrapers of doom to cover up for how shit the surface is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #3032
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    18,715 Posts
    What is the best protective gear? My character looks weird with the mix of leather, synth, and combat gear.
    synth gear is the best layered armor.

raider
    leather
    combat
    synth

is the list from weakest to strongest.

33. Post #3033
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    December 2006
    20,944 Posts
    i never understood dlc honestly, i've already played 10 hours, and by the time dlc starts coming out i'll be way past burnt out on the game and won't touch it ever again

same thing with fo3 and skyrim
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #3034
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,675 Posts
    Yesterday I learned that if you place walls on the small rug you can move the rug and the walls will be no collided so you can move them into walls.

Very useful when you want to make walls look decent
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

35. Post #3035
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,886 Posts

Hell. Fucking. Yes.

Don't tell me you didn't end the quest like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #3036
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,831 Posts

Hell. Fucking. Yes.

Don't tell me you didn't end the quest like that.
       I went to Wellington and bartered up to 500 caps before saying "nah fuck you" and returned the egg   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #3037
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    956 Posts
    Pretty sure there is an Asian preset you could've used
    Past experience with character creators has hardwired me to ignore presets so it never even crossed my mind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #3038
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,831 Posts
    What is that armor/clothing?

I need it.
    Military beret and Minute Man suit.    You get the suit during a quest that opens up once you retake the castle.   

In other news, my character kinda ended up looking like Kaz

Now all I need is an olive/beige trench coat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #3039
    OBVIOUS LOLICON
    August 2007
    1,455 Posts
    Military beret and Minute Man suit.    You get the suit during a quest that opens up once you retake the castle.   

In other news, my character kinda ended up looking like Kaz

Now all I need is an olive/beige trench coat.
    And a fiddle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

40. Post #3040
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,934 Posts
    And a fiddle.
    And a couple of amputations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)