1. Post #1961
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,970 Posts
    Called Surface support, was told I can mail in my Surface and I'd get a new one in 5-8 days, or I can go to the Microsoft store and get it replaced there. So I call the MS store, schedule an appointment, went yesterday and was told "Well we can mail a new one to you, it'll take 10-14 days."

WTF
    The Microsoft Store is weird. The prices in a physical store can be different from the online store. The stock and availability online doesn't reflect to the physical stores and you actually have to call the store in order to even check stock levels and confirm pricing.

The physical stores themselves are pretty nice, not super packed on a daily basis like the nearby Apple Store and the employees often offer you a drink.. assuming you just bought something and you're setting it up in-store. Or if you're doing a workshop or something. The physical stores sometimes don't have the lowest/cheapest tier of a laptop i.e. XPS 13, they only have the middle two tiers, the highest and lowest tiers are only available online.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1962
    Prolonged exposure to
    my opinions can be
    mentally scarring or in
    some cases FATAL
    Dennab
    April 2011
    15,508 Posts
    Hey sorry wingless, I'm gonna have to strip you of your title of drive queen. This Seagate of mine has been spinning ever since May 2007 (probably earlier) in my old XP rig (which I started ripping apart for parts a long while after the motherboard decided to give up the ghost), which beats your 7 years (so around 2008):

Now, as new drive king, I am going to preemptively deny the transfer of the crown to Bugga12.

Don't make me buy an PATA > SATA adapter and make me bring back an old Maxtor 40 GB drive back from its owner-induced coma.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

3. Post #1963
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    15,487 Posts
    I had to use an old spare monitor for a while, I didn't notice it was 75hz until a contraption in gmod started to have a seizure, and I was just entranced by how smooth it looked
    I almost don't want to try 144hz because of it
    Oh my god I need to go play gmod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

4. Post #1964
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,224 Posts
    Hey sorry wingless, I'm gonna have to strip you of your title of drive queen. This Seagate of mine has been spinning ever since May 2007 (probably earlier) in my old XP rig (which I started ripping apart for parts a long while after the motherboard decided to give up the ghost), which beats your 7 years (so around 2008):

Now, as new drive king, I am going to preemptively deny the transfer of the crown to Bugga12.

Don't make me buy an PATA > SATA adapter and make me bring back an old Maxtor 40 GB drive back from its owner-induced coma.
    The terms state you must have the drive in use for 8 years not own the drive for 8 years. Your maxtor also doesn't count because it wasn't plugged in the whole time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #1965
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,438 Posts
    A power meter is the best way to check for power issues causing computer issues?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #1966
    Something loli Please no dont post pussy toxxes, go hard or go home gays promise ahahahahaahah dick tape balls trump
    September 2011
    26,377 Posts
    Queen Wingar of Drives is still in her throne.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Firefox New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1967
    Prolonged exposure to
    my opinions can be
    mentally scarring or in
    some cases FATAL
    Dennab
    April 2011
    15,508 Posts
    The terms state you must have the drive in use for 8 years not own the drive for 8 years. Your maxtor also doesn't count because it wasn't plugged in the whole time.
    If we're using those terms, wingar gets stripped of her drive queen title anyway and if we're going on power on hours, Bugga12 is in fact drive king because >60K hours. So Kiwi, please carry out the honors of transferring the crown.

Fuck!   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #1968
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,976 Posts

what the fuck is this supposed to be

Edited:

It's like a 2005-era media player skin come to life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 18Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

9. Post #1969
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,970 Posts
    Damn it Dell, why do you have to insist on shoving the 84WHr battery into the most expensive 1080p model of the XPS 15.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events

10. Post #1970
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    15,487 Posts
    http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-...eForce-GTX-590

Fuck

Edited:

Actually I guess the 970 is probably good enough of an upgrade.

11. Post #1971

December 2014
    297 Posts
    potato drive isnt doing bad despite chkdsk popping up at least twice within the last few months

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chrome United States Show Events

12. Post #1972
    Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?
    August 2011
    4,645 Posts
    I am currently using a 50hz monitor, i will never again complain about 60hz!
    I play an MMO that is locked to 50FPS for some reason or another, seems perfect to use on the side. I have to admit I've even reached out to one of the developers who maintains it on Twitter to see if its viable to ever get it removed.

After almost five years of continuous use I award Hitachi's 1tb drives with the "most reliable drive award".

I've had SSD's die before these even flinched.
    My Western Digital 250GB drive is eight or nine years old at this stage and is still doing OK as my main OS drive. I'm going to have to get an image and show you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #1973
    Sock Queen
    August 2008
    16,079 Posts

Wat. How am I a monarch all of a sudden. I didn't agree to this! I just have good luck!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #1974
    Prolonged exposure to
    my opinions can be
    mentally scarring or in
    some cases FATAL
    Dennab
    April 2011
    15,508 Posts
    Well, Kiwi made a crown, and tossed it to you, then I requested he toss it to Bugga because he was apparently the king under the rules helifreak drafted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events

15. Post #1975
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    11,871 Posts
    After almost five years of continuous use I award Hitachi's 1tb drives with the "most reliable drive award".

I've had SSD's die before these even flinched.

Not far behind, but I'm afraid its going to be obsolete long before it dies.

Or bad airflow. Stupid closets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

16. Post #1976
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    8,982 Posts
    http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-...eForce-GTX-590

Fuck

Edited:

Actually I guess the 970 is probably good enough of an upgrade.
    Don't use websites like these to compare between parts. A 970 is a HUGE upgrade from the 590 in just about ever way.

17. Post #1977
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,224 Posts
    Don't use websites like these to compare between parts. A 970 is a HUGE upgrade from the 590 in just about ever way.
    Yeah 970 isn't as good as a space heater.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1978
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    15,487 Posts
    How else will I keep warm with my windows open all winter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Safari United States Show Events

19. Post #1979
    Dennab
    September 2013
    3,028 Posts
    "has a 9 instead of a 7, must be better"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

20. Post #1980
    Sock Queen
    August 2008
    16,079 Posts
    How else will I keep warm with my windows open all winter
    Do what I did. Get an R9 290x. Or two. That thing made my room the hottest room in the house back in winter. As in 30c. When it was snowing. No joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1981
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,442 Posts
    Found out that heroes 3 HD is on mobile too, android tablets and iOS.

I mean, I already played Heroes 3 yesterday with friends, all behind one tv, What's going to happen now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Estonia Show Events

22. Post #1982
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    15,487 Posts
    Do what I did. Get an R9 290x. Or two. That thing made my room the hottest room in the house back in winter. As in 30c. When it was snowing. No joke.
    Im not trying start up a steel mill
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Safari United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1983
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    8,982 Posts
    "has a 9 instead of a 7, must be better"
    oh hi sand castle, welcome back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

24. Post #1984
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,195 Posts

Edited:

prototype lenovo keyboard

tba thinkpad t470
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #1985
    Gold Member
    September 2013
    18,868 Posts
    prototype lenovo keyboard

tba thinkpad t470
    I would burn all my Thinkpads out of retroactive cringe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events

26. Post #1986
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    15,487 Posts

Gonna be a good night

27. Post #1987
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,970 Posts
    It's as if the people running their servers didn't anticipate a ton of people accessing their servers for Black Friday...

Also meanwhile on Best Buy..

Yeah it's totally December 24-January 3rd.

28. Post #1988
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    December 2006
    20,944 Posts

Edited:

looks like an aircraft carrier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #1989
    April 2009
    14,195 Posts
    Remember that rad Subete ga F ni Naru ED I posted a while back?

There's a making-of article about it: http://baku89.com/article/2394
    It's a pretty interesting read.

The creator also open sourced a lot of the scripts he used while making it: https://github.com/baku89/Subete-ga-F-ni-naru-ED

The actual anime is pretty good but sadly not as tech-focused as the ED.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

30. Post #1990
    Glorious GNU/Linux Master Race
    May 2010
    8,475 Posts
       The actual anime is pretty good but sadly not as tech-focused as the ED.   
    I want an anime where Richard Stallman is the main protagonist and he has to convince everyone to use GNU+Linux and Lisp and that Microsoft is evil.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Switzerland Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1991
    Dennab
    January 2015
    230 Posts
    I want an anime where Richard Stallman is the main protagonist and he has to convince everyone to use GNU+Linux and Lisp and that Microsoft is evil.
    This premise would work with any artistic medium. I would watch a romantic comedy about Stallman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Firefox Romania Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #1992
    April 2009
    14,195 Posts
    Richard Stallman, a happy man living a happy life in a world where open source UNIX-based operating systems control 90% on the market awakens in his worst nightmare: the world where Microsoft won.

As he attempts to unravel the mystery, he will have to discover the truth behind Microsoft's rise to power, and attempt to set the world free of DRM and closed source operating systems.

Fateful meetings ensue, including Richard meeting this new world's version of himself - a tired warrior still holding a small glimmer of hope in his eyes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

33. Post #1993
    Glorious GNU/Linux Master Race
    May 2010
    8,475 Posts
    Richard Stallman, a happy man living a happy life in a world where open source UNIX-based operating systems control 90% on the market awakens in his worst nightmare: the world where Microsoft won.

As he attempts to unravel the mystery, he will have to discover the truth behind Microsoft's rise to power, and attempt to set the world free of DRM and closed source operating systems.

Fateful meetings ensue, including Richard meeting this new world's version of himself - a tired warrior still holding a small glimmer of hope in his eyes.
    I'd watch the shit out of that tbh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #1994
    Spends his cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention
    January 2012
    10,017 Posts
    Fuck, now I'm "the guy who knows about computers" at work, I had a coworker call me during lunch and ask if I knew why her laptop couldn't get on the internet. Her personal laptop, at home
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

35. Post #1995
    Sock Queen
    August 2008
    16,079 Posts
    Fuck, now I'm "the guy who knows about computers" at work, I had a coworker call me during lunch and ask if I knew why her laptop couldn't get on the internet. Her personal laptop, at home
    Do NOT let them get one of your email addresses, you will never be free.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events

36. Post #1996
    No title or gold masterrace, whoops.
    July 2012
    9,248 Posts
    Ask for money. Like that scares most away. Hell do it with family also.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

37. Post #1997
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,224 Posts
    Pretty glad my dad and brother know how to computer too so I don't have to worry as much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Australia Show Events

38. Post #1998
    Guru mediation error
    Dennab
    July 2012
    10,544 Posts

A new toy has arrived.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #1999
    Spends his cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention
    January 2012
    10,017 Posts
    Do NOT let them get one of your email addresses, you will never be free.
    Yeah, I'm not giving random people in the company any contact details

Ask for money. Like that scares most away. Hell do it with family also.
    I should, just in case someone's willing to pay me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #2000
    No title or gold masterrace, whoops.
    July 2012
    9,248 Posts
    I should, just in case someone's willing to pay me.
    More about keeping the people away that want to exploit you for being free instead of using some random shop near.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events