1. Post #1
    February 2012
    377 Posts
    I don't know about you I'd love to get some of the models out of this game.

How you can install Overwatch.
    Code:
    battle.net.exe --game=prometheus --install
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2

November 2014
    60 Posts
    According to This admittedly shitty video(and me trying it out), this doesn't work anymore. If anyone would be willing to pack the gamefiles up and upload them, that'd be pretty neato.

Also, the only progress of model ripping that I'm aware of is Ellowas currently working on Widowmaker that was ripped by Rexx using Ninjaripper. The model came out in T-pose with slightly wrong textures(apparently they had decreased gamma or something) and no rig.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    February 2012
    377 Posts
    Yeah I can upload it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4

November 2014
    60 Posts
    I personally probably won't be able to do much with it, considering it's a new engine afaik, but hey, who knows, maybe some hackerman will come along, so please do! =)

Until then, ~snip~ - I wonder what was here....!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    December 2011
    326 Posts
    I personally probably won't be able to do much with it, considering it's a new engine afaik, but hey, who knows, maybe some hackerman will come along, so please do! =)

Until then, here, have some WIP of my Symmetra rig. (Still waiting for Rexx for textures) (Oh, also, trying to fit a damn body to her proportions)

PS. No idea if this model will get into the Source Engine, but if it does, I guarantee you it's going to be a massive and glorious pain in the ass to work with! (Deform bones)
    I wasn't expecting tits
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

November 2014
    60 Posts
    I never found a rules page, so I hope I'm not about to get b& for them tits. It's art anyways, amirite? ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    December 2011
    326 Posts
    I never found a rules page, so I hope I'm not about to get b& for them tits. It's art anyways, amirite? ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    not saying I didn't enjoy it ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

8. Post #8

November 2014
    60 Posts
    So, apparently they are updating This tool to be able to extract from Overwatch.. I'm probably gonna be patient and wait for that, because the results of ninjaripper seem to be utter shit, as expected.

That said, I'm now more interested in the game files than before, someone upload plx! ^-^

9. Post #9
    January 2014
    153 Posts
    If one person got the model I'm here to do the rig of the model.

(I don't got the game, and I don't got the beta, Battle.net don't let me download the game, and that code say "You don't got enter beta" but, I'm in the list.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

10. Post #10

November 2014
    60 Posts
    While we're all presumably waiting for the cascviewer update, here are the gamefiles: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...G9aOFhkUGtFTjQ

Since noone else is gonna post it. Thanks to Vargh, who uploaded it for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    831 Posts
    updates on this?

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,227 Posts

Until then, here, have some WIP of my Symmetra rig. (Still waiting for Rexx for textures) (Oh, also, trying to fit a damn body to her proportions(warning:tits)
    So is this 3ds Max or Maya? If Max, which tutorials did you use for the facial rigging?

13. Post #13
    May 2012
    106 Posts
    @metssfm:
    Can I get on contact with you please? I have some questions regarding models.

Edited:

So is this 3ds Max or Maya? If Max, which tutorials did you use for the facial rigging?
    It's Blender.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,831 Posts
    I'd actually be interested in more details about the rig itself. He did a splendid job with it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15

November 2014
    60 Posts
    It is Blender, and it took an hour using Pitchipoy Rigify addon(comes with blender, just enable it and check a quick tutorial on it) (the 1 hour included learning it, could probably be done in 20 minutes, sick, I know)

It seems that the code is out there on GitHub for a CascView that works with Overwatch, but the author doesn't seem to be packing it up and releasing it here. (It's been on v1.0.0.30 for ages) A smartypants friend of mine said something is missing, so he can't compile the source files for the tool. So yeah, I'm pretty much still waiting, because the textures I get from Ninjaripper are not viable.

Ellowas however has made a glorious Widowmaker model, check out his blog. (he fixed the detail loss on the textures by blurring, I don't really want to do that)

Btw, I might not have much time to work on Overwatch models even when the tool is out, because I got some stuff I'm getting paid for to work on, plus my hype is pretty much dead at this point.(gg blizz) There might be much better porters out there than me who might want to do it. I will still give it a go when I got time if that turns out not to be the case.

16. Post #16
    February 2012
    377 Posts
    I'll try fixing it seeing what I can do with that problem.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    831 Posts
    I have a great interest in getting a hold of the D.Va pistol model to use as a reference for a 3D printed replica. If someone could help me out with that, It would be greatly appreciated.

18. Post #18

February 2014
    11 Posts
    bumping this, diff want some of those female models :-D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Funny Funny x 4 (list)

19. Post #19

November 2014
    60 Posts
    Hanzo, Mercy, Tracer, Widowmaker RAW RIPS
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5k...ew?usp=sharing
    Edit: No D'va D:

Pure Ninjaripper rips by Rexx, little to no clean-up done on them, have fun. I'm working on Tracer atm, and planning to have public release. Probably not gonna bother with nude body, but might reconsider.

To get Overwatch textures that came out of Ninjaripper to work:

Use something that is NOT Photoshop's DDS plugin to open and convert the .dds files to .png, for example XnView. Photoshop's DDS plugin has an issue with these files where it pixelates them and just makes them unusable.

Each character will have almost all their textures in a single file. You'll be able to recognize the diffuse, normal, and a 3rd, weird one. In the weird one, according to Ellowas, the red channel is the Specular map, and green and blue are identical Glossines maps.
    There is also one more very important one that I believe Ello titled SSS map. It's red stuff on black background, you'll know it when you see it.

So, load all 4 of those into XnView and save them as .png.
    When you load the diffuse into XnView you might want to find the Remove Alpha Channel button. It's in there somewhere. The alpha is raped by Ninjaripper, so yeah.

Next up, open the diffuse in photoshop, and apply gamma correction with a value of 2.2. Then, put the SSS map over it, and use whatever blending mode looks best. Now your diffuse should be looking usable. I recommend you upscale it to 4-8k so it's easier to fix details. The edges will look pretty shit.

Many thanks for this info to Vargh and Ellowas. Thanks to Rexx for ripping the models and textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #20

February 2014
    11 Posts
    D'va, Hanzo, Mercy, Tracer, Widowmaker RAW RIPS
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5k...ew?usp=sharing
    Edit: It seems D'va didn't get any textures D: God damnit Rexx!

Pure Ninjaripper rips by Rexx, little to no clean-up done on them, have fun. I'm working on Tracer atm, and planning to have public release. Probably not gonna bother with nude body, but might reconsider.

To get Overwatch textures that came out of Ninjaripper to work:

Use something that is NOT Photoshop's DDS plugin to open and convert the .dds files to .png, for example XnView. Photoshop's DDS plugin has an issue with these files where it pixelates them and just makes them unusable.

Each character will have almost all their textures in a single file. You'll be able to recognize the diffuse, normal, and a 3rd, weird one. In the weird one, according to Ellowas, the red channel is the Specular map, and green and blue are identical Glossines maps.
    There is also one more very important one that I believe Ello titled SSS map. It's red stuff on black background, you'll know it when you see it.

So, load all 4 of those into XnView and save them as .png.
    When you load the diffuse into XnView you might want to find the Remove Alpha Channel button. It's in there somewhere. The alpha is raped by Ninjaripper, so yeah.

Next up, open the diffuse in photoshop, and apply gamma correction with a value of 2.2. Then, put the SSS map over it, and use whatever blending mode looks best. Now your diffuse should be looking usable. I recommend you upscale it to 4-8k so it's easier to fix details. The edges will look pretty shit.

Many thanks for this info to Vargh and Ellowas. Thanks to Rexx for ripping the models and textures.
    i've loaded each of the FBX's in maya, they are all nothing but levels and not the character models.

http://puu.sh/luaOL/eb990f459b.png
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    November 2007
    739 Posts
    The meshes are buried under the level, as is standard with NinjaRipper. Just go through and delete all the random nonsense until you get to the mesh.

22. Post #22

April 2007
    233 Posts
    could anyone Export the actual character models themselves?
    3ds max always crashes when I open the Tracer file, (mem overload)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    831 Posts
    could anyone Export the actual character models themselves?
    3ds max always crashes when I open the Tracer file, (mem overload)
    I could do that tonight if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Also, the D.Va folder only consists of one PNG file for her pistol, and nothing else... no models.. :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #24

April 2007
    233 Posts
    I could do that tonight if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Also, the D.Va folder only consists of one PNG file for her pistol, and nothing else... no models.. :/
    Thanks KF!
    And yeah noticed that as well thought it must have been me or something

25. Post #25

November 2014
    60 Posts
    Yeah, sorry about that, no D'Va yet! :( You can try and get in contact with warlordrexx if you want him to rip her for you. In fact, maybe he already has.

26. Post #26
    April 2012
    22 Posts
    Can anyone snoop about to see if Doomfist assets are in-game? Like the gauntlet?

27. Post #27
    December 2008
    18 Posts
    Yeah, sorry about that, no D'Va yet! :( You can try and get in contact with warlordrexx if you want him to rip her for you. In fact, maybe he already has.
    Unfortunately NinjaRipper doesnt work anymore with the past two updates for Overwatch :/, so we may be stuck with only these models for a while till cascviewer is finally updated. I do have Torbjorn rip files though as well if you guys want that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #28

February 2014
    11 Posts
    I went through Tracer and WidowMaker provided by metssfm and singled out the model and the weapons, kept a lil platform thing for any turn table ppl out there. Though the tracer fbx did not contain her weapons, that i could find through the cluster. But WidowMaker has her's.

WidowMaker w/Weapon - https://mega.nz/#!HMISiJga!xJEDSoRWd..._gBg4P_yP0QPqs
    Tracer w/no weapon- https://mega.nz/#!ucIiHAQC!STjgzJq3o...hUawVtd7lKOVBQ

Hopefully I grabbed all the right bits and what not to the models, they were pretty broken up.

For hooking up the textures. I use Maya. Hook up the DDS's in the "nonesense" folder. Once you hook up just one(at least for maya) it applied all the others to her. Same with the weapon. No further texture assigning was needed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

29. Post #29

April 2007
    233 Posts
    Unfortunately NinjaRipper doesnt work anymore with the past two updates for Overwatch :/, so we may be stuck with only these models for a while till cascviewer is finally updated. I do have Torbjorn rip files though as well if you guys want that.
    Sure the more the merrier right ?

30. Post #30
    December 2008
    18 Posts
    Sure the more the merrier right ?
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...8/Torbjorn.rar

there ya go, its pretty much the same as the other rips where the level parts are everywhere so just delete them till you get to the character's mesh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    November 2014
    466 Posts

So SediSocks' working on a DVA port, I'm doing minor things on it, such as eyeposing and some lightwarps for the skin and hair.
    We're not sure when it'll be released though, the mats are still a WIP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    October 2011
    207 Posts
    It begins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    29,141 Posts
    Can't wait for the inevitable TF2 x Overwatch videos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

34. Post #34

November 2015
    1 Posts

So SediSocks' working on a DVA port, I'm doing minor things on it, such as eyeposing and some lightwarps for the skin and hair.
    We're not sure when it'll be released though, the mats are still a WIP.
    Do you have the original raw rip? I want to use it as a reference to make a high poly model but I can't find it anywhere, it was missing from the raws posted above.

35. Post #35
    December 2008
    18 Posts
    Do you have the original raw rip? I want to use it as a reference to make a high poly model but I can't find it anywhere, it was missing from the raws posted above.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../dva%20rip.rar

36. Post #36

February 2014
    11 Posts
    Could I get this as an fbx Ghero? If you have it available.

37. Post #37
    December 2008
    18 Posts
    Could I get this as an fbx Ghero? If you have it available.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91273738/DVA.FBX
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    September 2015
    71 Posts
    If anyone could rip McRee's weapon I would be forever indebted to you. Otherwise, how would I attempt to do so myself?

39. Post #39
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    831 Posts
    still looking for that DVa pistol rip...