1. Post #121
    September 2015
    117 Posts

Unusual effect that makes a train circle around the hat. If I'm not completely wrong it could be made by making an animated texture that shows the train from different angles so when it spins around the hat, it looks like 3d. I have no idea how to make an animated texture and I'm bad with particle editor, but I could draw the train from different angles (unless it would be easier to make actual 3d model and take screenshots of it) So add me if interested and can make particles and/or animated textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    October 2014
    339 Posts
    Made two concepts

Santa's Little Engie (Claimed)

Santa Spy (Claimed)
    My other winter concepts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,024 Posts
    the only reason you're cringing is because of how much you despise vnn

we get it
    how is that even related to vnn.

i cringe because it was completely unrelated to halloween, and its equally unrelated to xmas.

might as well tag it as a batman and a map because, who knows maybe that way it'll get in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    January 2015
    1,749 Posts
    how is that even related to vnn.
    Its called the McSlicker

as in McVicker

The promo pic of the heavy on gorge is on the station "TF NN"

The bar at the bottom of the same picture says "windmills confused for giants," which might be a jab at McVicker's habit of making videos without the full info, comparing him to Don Quixote who famously believed a windmill to be a giant and attacked it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,024 Posts
    i though t was just a reference to Anchorman at best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Chile Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #126
    September 2015
    213 Posts
    Well, now I want a J. Jonah Jameson set, but I don't know who class that would be for and how it would fit in for Smissmas.

7. Post #127
    June 2015
    592 Posts
    I made another concept, and its not bad this time!
    Its based off the 7th doctors jumper/vest, and it comes in 2 styles

Up for grabs, or I'll just make it myself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    Vap
    June 2013
    125 Posts

Here's a set me and Square did :>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    November 2007
    659 Posts
    CLAIMED

Old, old old concept from three years ago.

Winter cosmetic set based off of Roger Moore's Ski Suit from For Your Eyes Only.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #130

October 2015
    2 Posts

This nutcracker loadout for Soldier (claimed by Acksor)
    Thanks for the help on formatting blueNES and DoctorQ ^-^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #131
    April 2014
    1,886 Posts
    Concept is pretty neat. Also, use [t] instead of [img] tags to make the image smaller

12. Post #132
    November 2007
    659 Posts
    How does one make the image appear smaller ._.
    instead of [img] tags, use [t] tags

13. Post #133

October 2013
    657 Posts
    here's some old winter shit that was left over. not all Christmas but whatever. also old ass ghost of Christmas present heavy that totally isnt like outlandish at alllll.
    album link:http://imgur.com/a/Ls9Ji
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts
    Proud to announce that any and all participants in the Workshop Wonderland will now be receiving a unique in-game badge for the showcase! If you submit anything to the Workshop Wonderland, you'll be included in the list of recipients of the badge. Along with the contributor badge, there will also be a unique badge granted to any donors to the charity. We're still working out the kinks of granting that all properly to make sure people don't try to cheat the system just to get a charity badge, so we'll have more updates as they arrive, along with pictures of said medals!

While in-game badges do mean Valve has some involvement, their involvement with the overall project starts and ends there - the Workshop Wonderland is still an unofficial community effort.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 22Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,806 Posts
    Proud to announce that any and all participants in the Workshop Wonderland will now be receiving a unique in-game badge for the showcase! If you submit anything to the Workshop Wonderland, you'll be included in the list of recipients of the badge. Along with the contributor badge, there will also be a unique badge granted to any donors to the charity. We're still working out the kinks of granting that all properly to make sure people don't try to cheat the system just to get a charity badge, so we'll have more updates as they arrive, along with pictures of said medals!

While in-game badges do mean Valve has some involvement, their involvement with the overall project starts and ends there - the Workshop Wonderland is still an unofficial community effort.
    So sorta the same dealio with arms race? We get medals, pats on the back from Valve, and that's about it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,024 Posts
    will it be a unique medal or they're going to reuse an old model?

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts
    will it be a unique medal or they're going to reuse an old model?
    Unique to the Workshop Wonderland, brand new.

18. Post #138
    INFERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR
    January 2010
    1,854 Posts
    concept for an unusual, "Festive Halo". Prepare for quick mock up in MS Paint.

It doesn't have to be tilted like this, the main idea is basically just a ring/circle of Christmas lights circling around the hat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

19. Post #139
    October 2014
    208 Posts
    Could be a similiar version like the halo ring just not on hats but can be colluding with them.

20. Post #140
    July 2012
    806 Posts
    Has this been claimed? I'm interested.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,657 Posts
    Repost from last year:

The Prussian Pricklehaube: Up for Grabs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Winner x 7Artistic x 3Disagree x 2Funny x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #142
    November 2007
    659 Posts
    Has this been claimed? I'm interested.
    As far as I'm aware, you're the first. Accepted your request on Steam, leave me a message over it and I'll get back to you ASAP.

23. Post #143
    June 2015
    97 Posts
    Uploaded this thing:

edit: fixed the thumbnail
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts
    Uploaded this thing:
    That thumbnail makes me feel like I haven't unlocked it yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    7,761 Posts
    Been thinking about doing a Krampus set for the Pyro, but I'm worried it would look too much like a Halloween set than a Christmas set.

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    5,051 Posts
    That thumbnail makes me feel like I haven't unlocked it yet.
    Made me think there was something wrong with my eyes at first

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,806 Posts
    Uploaded this thing:

edit: sorry about the sloppy thumbnail, I didn't manage to make it look better :c
    Lose the aperture my friend. If you want a blurry background, you can open photoshop, lasso the effect, invert the selection, then do a lens blur.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #148
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    10,274 Posts
    Been thinking about doing a Krampus set for the Pyro, but I'm worried it would look too much like a Halloween set than a Christmas set.
    Medic is more fitting, as Krampus is German/Austrian in origin. but yeah it would be more of a Halloween set.

29. Post #149
    January 2012
    1,100 Posts
    Well, there used to be a common children's game called Snap-Dragon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snap-dragon_(game)

It basically entailed putting raisins in a bowl of brandy, setting it on fire, and trying to snatch the blue burning raisins with your fingers and extinguishing them in your mouth.

It was played on Christmas, but it seems to also be associated with Halloween.

And apparently you chant some poem so your fingers won't get burned off.

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,905 Posts
    Ressurrecting this old thing, i'm amazed there's no 60's greaser punk items for scout

just base colors right now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

31. Post #151
    October 2014
    339 Posts

WW2 Russian Winter Coat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #152
    October 2014
    207 Posts
    Here's something I've been working on for a while, this is literally the first thing I have ever tried to model. I would love for it to get in game, and I would split revenue or whatever 50/50 with whoever can help me finish it up. The backpack icon is being a bitch, I have no idea what I'm doing with that. Would also love love love it if it could be animated to constantly spin. I have a few different LODs, this entire model has been a learning effort though, so if someone took me in under their wing I would be eternally greatful. :3 Oh, plus it will look great with the Toy Soldier, now that Solly can wear it! :D

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

33. Post #153
    January 2009
    1,715 Posts
    Here's something I've been working on for a while, this is literally the first thing I have ever tried to model. I would love for it to get in game, and I would split revenue or whatever 50/50 with whoever can help me finish it up. The backpack icon is being a bitch, I have no idea what I'm doing with that. Would also love love love it if it could be animated to constantly spin. I have a few different LODs, this entire model has been a learning effort though, so if someone took me in under their wing I would be eternally greatful. :3 Oh, plus it will look great with the Toy Soldier, now that Solly can wear it! :D

-snip-
    -snip-
    You should make it look more like a wind-up key

And also make it a lot smaller and a color that doesn't stand out as much nor contrasts heavily with the Soldier's color palette
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

34. Post #154
    October 2014
    207 Posts
    You should make it look more like a wind-up key

And also make it a lot smaller and a color that doesn't stand out as much nor contrasts heavily with the Soldier's color palette
    My first draft of it was a lot smaller and thinner, my main motivation for making this was that I wanted it to look like a supply crate key. Also my texture's brightness got turned way up when I imported it, I probably hit some setting that I didn't mean to. :/ The importer crashes my game every time I try to upload an .smd now, so I'll be back with some progress pictures soon. :) Thanks for the pointers.

35. Post #155
    Dennab
    October 2012
    4,773 Posts

Edited:

Ressurrecting this old thing, i'm amazed there's no 60's greaser punk items for scout

just base colors right now
    Make it less 50s and more 60s,

Take the Stooges for example in 1969

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,905 Posts
    Well it's supposed to be a remake of This thing, which was both a nod to the outsiders and based off of my own because it was so close at hand

forgot how bulky and unorganic the original was though, eugh. And i seem to remember some other people doing that sort of casual leather jacket too, if not it'd be fun to do as another item though

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts
    Both medal designs - Contributor and Donor - for the Workshop Wonderland have now been accepted by Valve. We'll keep everyone updated once the models are finalized, then we'll lift the veil. Likely within a few days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16 (list)

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,505 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Turkey Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

39. Post #159
    September 2015
    394 Posts

Sorry that I'm late but none of the items are gonna be in the game?

40. Post #160
    October 2014
    208 Posts
    Sorry that I'm late but none of the items are gonna be in the game?
    While the badges are for the creators and such, The announcement doesn't say they'll be turned away. Since its unofficial it means valve will have the say so. So its possible just its decided.