1. Post #3881
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,384 Posts
    they gonna fucking turn on anisotropic filtering too?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events

2. Post #3882
    June 2010
    709 Posts
    Depending on the story of Halo Wars 2, I'd probably be fine with the Halo 6 crew and the crew of the Spirit of Fire meeting up.

3. Post #3883
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    they gonna fucking turn on anisotropic filtering too?
    That'd be up to 343, not the Scorpio
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events

4. Post #3884
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,484 Posts
    Splitscreen for Scorpio please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Vivaldi United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #3885
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,437 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner x 8Dumb x 1Artistic x 1Useful x 1Late x 1Informative x 1Agree x 1Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #3886
    November 2011
    960 Posts
    See, this looks fuckin awesome. Why cant the mainstream Halo armor look as badass as that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #3887
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,620 Posts
    So does this mean the ark survived the end of Halo 3?
    It got wrecked but Tragic Solitude, the monitor of Installation 00, immediately got some constructor sentinels to start rebuilding the ark using the strip mining moon. There wasn't enough material, so in 2555 the monitor gets the brilliant idea to get people to reactivate the ark portal so sentinels can fly through it and mine earth for resources, which is the plotline of Halo: Hunters in the Dark. This plan fails and the UNSC set up bases on the surface, hoping to get the constructor sentinels back online to fix the ark.

This happened two years before Halo 4, which happened a year before Halo 5, so it's been 3 years since the book. I'm guessing the UNSC figured that shit out in the mean time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge Australia Show Events

8. Post #3888
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    7,727 Posts
    What is this from?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events

9. Post #3889
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    Halo Wars 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #3890
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,353 Posts
    http://www.pcgamer.com/halo-6-will-r...on-windows-10/

Edited:

aw it doesn't embed like the newsbot does

anyways, quotes
    So why no Halo 5 on PC? Spencer says that Microsoft and 343 Industries are looking to the future. "Honestly the answer with Halo 5 is, I can go take last year’s game, rework it to go on PC, or I can have 343 look forward in what they’re going to go do," said Spencer. "You could say I’m cheating a little bit by doing a half thing with putting Forge on PC, because we kind of have the tools working on PC to see what happens, but this is what we did with Forza, with Apex. I said, 'This isn’t a full Forza game. Going forward, we’re going to bring our Forza games to PC complete.'"
    As further confirmation, when asked if there would be any ideological reason Microsoft might not release the next Halo on PC, Spencer gave us a firm "Not at all."
    Speaking to PC Gamer yesterday, Spencer said he's "not about putting content only on console to manipulate Windows gamers to go buy an Xbox."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

11. Post #3891
    October 2014
    422 Posts
    I'll believe it when i see it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events

12. Post #3892
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,353 Posts
    omg guys you know what they're gonna announce MCC 4k for scorpio and port to pc

trust me

Edited:

you know what no they're going to make H3A and port h3a to pc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events

13. Post #3893
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,620 Posts
    omg guys you know what they're gonna announce MCC 4k for scorpio and port to pc

trust me

Edited:

you know what no they're going to make H3A and port h3a to pc
    no they're going to make halo 6 for xbox one and port it to the xbox original
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #3894
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,353 Posts
    there's gonna be lots of loading screens then!

Edited:

if they shrink the res enoughf itll be playable
    whose up for halo 6 at 64x36 res??? might be a few jaggies tho
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

15. Post #3895
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    15,532 Posts
    So this is old footage just to show it off and isn't how it looks now, but SPV3 is coming out like next week
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

16. Post #3896
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,437 Posts
    They released a trailer this year as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events

17. Post #3897
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,384 Posts
    Get ready for lots of mid long range bad guys and wraiths in tight spaces guys

I like it tho
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Show Events

18. Post #3898
    October 2014
    422 Posts
    So it will be interesting to see how 343 fixes the Halo Wars plot. Smart AI only last 7 years pushing a bit more before they hit rampancy. By Halo Wars 2 setting, she will have been alive for 29 years (2530 - 2559). Sure they could say that she is gone by then, but the after credits scene says otherwise, "Captain wake up, something has happened". Also i wonder how they'll explain that flood form and the planet they were supposedly on impact with. Hopefully it's none canon just like 343 killing off Spartan Team Black

19. Post #3899
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    20,995 Posts
    Which Flood form?

20. Post #3900
    October 2014
    422 Posts

That one, from Escalation

21. Post #3901
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,353 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #3902
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    6,259 Posts

That one, from Escalation
    Was this scene not recreated in one of the Halo Wars 2 trailers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Show Events

23. Post #3903
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    7,727 Posts
    So it will be interesting to see how 343 fixes the Halo Wars plot. Smart AI only last 7 years pushing a bit more before they hit rampancy. By Halo Wars 2 setting, she will have been alive for 29 years (2530 - 2559). Sure they could say that she is gone by then, but the after credits scene says otherwise, "Captain wake up, something has happened". Also i wonder how they'll explain that flood form and the planet they were supposedly on impact with. Hopefully it's none canon just like 343 killing off Spartan Team Black
    Maybe I'm out of the loop, but could she have just... turned off? Can AI do that in Halo?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events

24. Post #3904

February 2016
    1,063 Posts
    Maybe I'm out of the loop, but could she have just... turned off? Can AI do that in Halo?
    At the end of Halo: Saint's Testimony, an AI on the verge of rampancy is put into a form of stasis. As far as I know something like this has never happened before in Halo's lore, so it may or may not be the case.

25. Post #3905
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,437 Posts
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/n...ght-sneak-peek

Co-Op Campaign confirmed for Halo Wars 2.

The reason they changed Cutter and Anders was to make them more realistic. In Halo Wars 1, they were essentially handdrawn with no real reference, here they're based off their actors.

Also I guess info about something called the "Warzone Firefight" update or whatever.

And a new Forge canvas

Edited:

Oh, and the forge preview image has a Hog with a Req Skin on it, so I guess Req stuff is finally hitting Forge?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

26. Post #3906
    October 2014
    422 Posts
    At the end of Halo: Saint's Testimony, an AI on the verge of rampancy is put into a form of stasis. As far as I know something like this has never happened before in Halo's lore, so it may or may not be the case.
    From Halo 3 to 4, cortana was not in stasis or anything, which is why she started going into rampancy. I suppose an AI could split themselves off to hold off rampancy, but it could only be for so long. From what we know of there were no other smart ai on the Spirit of Fire, so we'll have to see what excuse is made, maybe Anders comes up with something.

27. Post #3907
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    4,033 Posts
    So this is old footage just to show it off and isn't how it looks now, but SPV3 is coming out like next week
    0:19
    Is that the plasma rifle from Fallout?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #3908
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    8,836 Posts
    0:19
    Is that the plasma rifle from Fallout?
    That's a Hunter's fuel rod gun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #3909
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,353 Posts
    damn, phil spencer acknowledged H:O in his interview with PC gamer

Interviewer: It’s a quite popular genre on PC.

Spencer: [Laughs] Yeah, totally. And we put Halo Online on PC, like we were doing some free-to-play work, investigating how things were—we’re bringing Halo 5 Forge over to PC....
    http://www.pcgamer.com/phil-spencer-...ows-10-gaming/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #3910
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    20,995 Posts
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/n...ght-sneak-peek

Co-Op Campaign confirmed for Halo Wars 2.

The reason they changed Cutter and Anders was to make them more realistic. In Halo Wars 1, they were essentially handdrawn with no real reference, here they're based off their actors.

Also I guess info about something called the "Warzone Firefight" update or whatever.

And a new Forge canvas

Edited:

Oh, and the forge preview image has a Hog with a Req Skin on it, so I guess Req stuff is finally hitting Forge?

Is that a new weapon with a slew of alts at the bottom there?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #3911
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,437 Posts
    I don't think so, its probably the light rifle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events

32. Post #3912
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,726 Posts
    second to bottom row though in the middle there looks a lot like a plasma repeater.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

33. Post #3913
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    20,995 Posts
    The silhouette could fit like four different weapons, I thought it was the Incendiary Cannon at first

34. Post #3914
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,726 Posts
    The U shape at the front makes me think it's some kind of plasma weapon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Phone Internet Explorer 11 United States Show Events

35. Post #3915
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    20,995 Posts
    Actually, yeah it looks like a bigass plasma rifle.

36. Post #3916
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    11,845 Posts
    Lose connection to game in Halo Wars 2 Beta within first min of match. Lol whut?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #3917
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,726 Posts
    Eh, better than waiting a half hour for the enemy to quit dicking around and wipe out your teammate whose barely playing anyway.

38. Post #3918
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    11,845 Posts
    Eh, better than waiting a half hour for the enemy to quit dicking around and wipe out your teammate whose barely playing anyway.
    I fucking HATE when they do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

39. Post #3919
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,726 Posts
    Yea hopefully that later beta or the final game at least has some better afk penalties.

40. Post #3920
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    11,845 Posts
    Can't wait till I can play with friends without getting randomly disconnected during critcal moments. This game is awesome!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/The%20Gubef...video/18698495
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events