1. Post #1961
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    9,637 Posts
    Says that Xbox LIVE is having issues. Could this be why, according to my network stats, my download speed is 0.3mbps (supposed to be about 8 according to speedtest) and my ping is 500+? Whereas my PS4, laptop, and etc are working perfectly on the wifi.

I just bought my Xbox One last night so it's hard to tell who's at fault here or what's possibly a defect (because I've exhausted every troubleshooting option I can possibly think of).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

2. Post #1962
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    10,640 Posts
    Spartans looked so good in reach. I'm still puzzling over why they made the change.
    It wan't a conscious decision I don't think. With a new team come new art directors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #1963
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,859 Posts
    Because they outsourced most of the armor designs to other studios, maybe if they kept the designing in-house they wouldn't look like Anime renditions of Spartans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events

4. Post #1964
    June 2014
    331 Posts
    I thought the designs were made at 343 and then outsourced to modelers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

5. Post #1965
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    iirc it's a combination of both
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #1966
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,859 Posts
    343i most of the time makes the initial concepts, but the final design is made by other studios, so it's either that 343i's concepts are bade, or the outside studios are bad at turning concepts into 3d models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events

7. Post #1967
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,703 Posts
    I like some things 343 does but I can't stand their designs for armors and human weapons.

The shotgun especially. The old halo shotgun design was kind of generic shotgun but I think being recognizable was part of what made it interesting, which may be part of the reason I wasn't huge on the reach shotgun either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #1968
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    343i most of the time makes the initial concepts, but the final design is made by other studios, so it's either that 343i's concepts are bade, or the outside studios are bad at turning concepts into 3d models.
    Judging from the Halo 4 and 5 art books I'm guessing it's the external studios that suck. Some of the internal designs are pretty nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #1969
    June 2014
    537 Posts
    I wouldn't necessarily say that some of the external studios "suck", just their adaptation on some designs suck. Personally I think the more practical looking designs shine through the troves of shit that are in Halo 5's armoury, a whole lot of armours look decorative or big and bulky for the sake of being decorative and or big and bulky. They honestly seem like they are there just to give Halo 5 a massive amount of armour.

I think Halo 4 (despite some sets being absolute arse like Commando or Fotus) had a pretty good design philosophy when it came to the armour, each set was around the same size but had their own unique aesthetic, sets that come to mind are Scout, Aviator, Soldier, Warrior & Air Assault. Rehashes of previous armour seem to be 50/50 to me, the Mark V Alpha looks fucking awful compared to the Mark V set that 4 had, which seemed to be a slight re-imagining of the Mark V in CEA. I want to like the NOBLE set but can't because the chest is so chunky compared to the Reach version of that armour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1970
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,968 Posts
    We went from gritty super soldier space armor, to colorful football space marines. But I guess we've discussed this countless times since Halo 4, haven't we?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #1971
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,439 Posts
    Most of them look like they are fresh out of the production line.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1972
    June 2014
    331 Posts
    I just wish they would stop doing stupid shit with the forehead and visors, there are way too many helmets that have super impractical visors and excess material on the forehead.

I mean look at this! I even like this armor, but what the fuck is that supposed to be? A pompadour? A Rhinoceros Horn? Are you trying to be a fucking shark mate?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #1973
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    no that's just Johnny Bravo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

14. Post #1974
    November 2011
    971 Posts
    There are TONS of helmets that I would like to wear, its just that they either have a weird-ass visor wrapping around the helmet to look like lips (Goblin) or just look really dumb in general. Also the random forehead horns and bumps ruin a lot of good looking helmets.
    I also despise the new bumpy/shaped visors. A bit of detail never hurts (ala Halo 3-Reach) but the bumps (See new Decimator set) look horrendous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #1975
    June 2014
    331 Posts
    I also feel like alot of these helmets could be designed better if they were going of a theme, idea or some kinda role kinda like in destiny or the early halos, rather than just free-styling it.
    This is based on birds and shit E.V.A is based of of more traditional space helmets
    What the hell is this based on, A drunk night at the drawing board?
    If they put some thought into what roles these helmets and armor serve then they could design them according so at the very least the make sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

16. Post #1976
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,859 Posts
    What I liked about Bungie was that their armor designs, spaceships, weapons, and pretty much everything in the in-game universe was based on some sort of sci-fi science and practicality, but 343i tried to make outrageous designs for the armor and even some covenant architecture, it's like they asked each other what would look cool instead of what looked sensible.

Why is this a reasonable design? Is he supposed to rhino-stab his enemies?

Another rhino-like design?

Why is there a metal bar in the middle of the visor?

ANOTHER rhino design?

I guess there is a theme, everything has horns no because it's cool.
    If not horns, then unnecessary things on the visor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #1977
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    8,867 Posts

Another rhino-like design?
    It's like they looked at the GUNGIR helmet and didn't get it at all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

18. Post #1978
    June 2014
    331 Posts
    And on this topic I liked Bungie's take on UNSC weapons more then 343's
    This looks like an elaboration on modern day weaponry, there is no room for anything that isn't important and theirs nothing flashy its all gun.

343's is more "Flashy" for lack of a better word, its all covered up, boxy, flat, and I would even say a little generic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #1979
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    I prefer 343's UNSC weapon designs other than the rocket launcher.

Edited:

Also you're comparing the DMR to the BR.

The 343 DMR is still pretty close to the Bungie DMR.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

20. Post #1980
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,571 Posts
    And on this topic I liked Bungie's take on UNSC weapons more then 343's
    This looks like an elaboration on modern day weaponry, there is no room for anything that isn't important and theirs nothing flashy its all gun.

343's is more "Flashy" for lack of a better word, its all covered up, boxy, flat, and I would even say a little generic.
    It changed from a very deliberate and grungy sci-fi theme, to a more spacey and honestly generic 'modern sci-fi' theme.

Go look at any modern sci-fi film and halo 4-5 will fit right in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

21. Post #1981
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,703 Posts
    I cannot stand the square scope on the battle rifle.

Even if im not huge on 4's BR, the one at 2:18 looks waaay better to me with a round scope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #1982
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,324 Posts
    as long as 343i doesn't look to this for inspiration
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

23. Post #1983
    Resident IFAP Phantas- magor- iologist
    July 2010
    9,249 Posts
    I actually liked the one with the iron sights. I always like the idea that the human weapons were modular like that, like how the AR was in Reach. I always though the bulbous front end was a casing over the computer suite and you could take that off and put sights and scopes on in lieu of that, but since all the Marines and Army soldiers have opitcal implants the computer suite was standard. But now In 5 they have that little section that comes off that has a rail under it and it just seems silly to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1984
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    The Halo 4 BR's scope was bad yeah, but the one is 5 is alright. It's more of a red dot sight now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #1985
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,703 Posts
    as long as 343i doesn't look to this for inspiration
    It's like they saw this mod for CE and thought "That's a good design for a UNSC weapon"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

26. Post #1986
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,731 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1987
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,049 Posts
    That doesn't sound like Keith David
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

28. Post #1988
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,968 Posts
    Considering the whole Master Chief costume and Halo 2 thing in Dead or Alive, it was inevitable until another Halo cameo in an Xbox-oriented fighting series. The battle in the background is a real cool touch, too.

Just not sure what to think of that voice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

29. Post #1989
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    Watching the HWC and no one in the crowd seems happy that CLG won, lmao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1990
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,703 Posts

Holy shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

31. Post #1991
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,433 Posts
    is that a new alexandria skybox i see

Edited:

i swear i'm not fucking crazy soemthing in your post had a skybox with buildings akin to new alexandria on lockout but now it's gone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events

32. Post #1992
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,683 Posts
    is that a new alexandria skybox i see

Edited:

i swear i'm not fucking crazy soemthing in your post had a skybox with buildings akin to new alexandria on lockout but now it's gone?
    They are both there for me.

The first one, the video, is a recolored Guardian skybox.

The second one, the webm, is actually the skybox of Icebox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #1993
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    ARE YOU READY FOR GRIFBALL??

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

34. Post #1994
    October 2014
    422 Posts
    Didn't buy Halo 5, but why weren't people able to make Grifball when the game came out? Did they not have Assault in the game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Australia Show Events

35. Post #1995
    November 2011
    971 Posts
    Nah, Assault along with many other modes were not available at launch. They are adding more gamemodes in each monthly patch. I'm expecting the next patch to contain Infection/Flood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events

36. Post #1996
    October 2014
    422 Posts
    Damn that's got to be a first for a Halo series. And wait really! Infection wasn't included at launch, wow. Sounds like they released an unfinished game. I heard you guys had to wait a month or two for forge. But that's crazy. Is it true you can only forge online as well?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Australia Show Events

37. Post #1997
    November 2011
    971 Posts
    I'm not sure about the "only Forge online" bit.
    Honestly, the multiplayer in this game is the best in my opinion. Never had more fun in default matchmade games.
    I'm actually glad they are releasing everything in monthly patches. If Forge + the other missing modes were in the game at launch, I probably would have burned out on the game pretty fast.
    With this monthly release deal, every month there is a slew of new content to keep me playing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #1998
    June 2014
    331 Posts
    Anybody else notice that its the halo announcer talking about the ball instead of the random radio dude like in CTF? I wounder if that means he will be doing new VO for the other game modes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Show Events

39. Post #1999
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,968 Posts
    In hindsight the bright football armor and new boosting abilities fit something such as Grifball like a glove.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #2000
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,049 Posts
    Now that I think of it, have Rooster Teeth done any sponsored Halo 5 videos?

For 3, Reach and 4 they did promo videos using the RvB characters, but I don't remember anything for 5.

Edited:

Halo 4 one was done early in the year, they still had the Halo Reach shotgun model.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events