1. Post #1841
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    7,757 Posts
    FUCK, I forgot to add the groove that connects the eyes on the helmet, how the hell did I forget that.

Also took the time to slightly bump up the intensity of the hexagon patterns so the visor isn't just a flat bland color, as someone suggested. Also lowered the brightness of the team colors as well.

And since someone asked earlier, here's a few paint examples.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #1842
    I sell Bot Doggers and Bot Dogger accessories
    November 2011
    1,601 Posts
    Made a lot of progress on Burt Ward Robin-Scout, decided to simplify it a bit so it'd actually work.

Also basecolors aren't final! Metaru is offline and it's 7am for me, I just wanted a quick idea how it might turn out before sleep. So the Robin emblem looking like shit and the teamcoloring being slightly wrong (Used this old thing for reference.) won't be in the final version. Still a lot of work to do before the deadline, but I'm really feelin' this one.

One thing I was on the fence on was the sharp edges in the center, where there'd be a seam in the jacket. Not sure if I should keep that or not. Also should I keep the Robin "R" emblem, or should I replace it with the Scout Emblem?

Also the original costume for reference:

EDIT:
    Looking at the photo of Burt made me realize a mistake: For the longest time I thought he was wearing a teal shirt underneath the uniform (Mostly the lighting in that photo), and I just noticed that the sleeves and the speedo are the same color, meaning he's wearing a leotard or something under the cape/shirt. So for the Scout version the sleeves should be the same color as his pants. That's going on the to-do list as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1843
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    10,274 Posts
    Up for grabs.

Scottish Bearskin Hat and a Facial Hair Misc item for Demoman.
    I think that hat is called a feather bonnet, then again it might actually be made of bear fur which would make more sense. I drew up the same thing a long time ago, hope to see yours get made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #1844
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,379 Posts
    I think Arkham Knight's helmet visor would probably work best as being two layered, with a black base and a paintable glass material over it for the color tint effect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

5. Post #1845
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts
    The Liability Belt
    Perfect for carrying decongestant, tissue, hand sanitizer, and cough drops so that you can be the hero your co-workers deserve, ​and​ the one they need right now!

Vote up!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 21Artistic Artistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #1846
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,780 Posts
    FUCK, I forgot to add the groove that connects the eyes on the helmet, how the hell did I forget that.

Also took the time to slightly bump up the intensity of the hexagon patterns so the visor isn't just a flat bland color, as someone suggested. Also lowered the brightness of the team colors as well.

And since someone asked earlier, here's a few paint examples.

This smoothing is really kinda bugging me though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #1847
    June 2012
    1,380 Posts
    I like how this isn't overtly batman themed.

It has the spirit of batman being a utility belt, but doesn't use the batman logo, so it can be used on more loadouts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #1848

July 2013
    1,671 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #1849
    August 2009
    10,274 Posts
    I can already see all the clipping with hats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1850
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,024 Posts
    hardly anything remotely jarring.

then again, you can simply disable hats when equiped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Chile Show Events

11. Post #1851
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,898 Posts
    Crosspost from the workshop wonderland thread

Ressurrecting this old thing, i'm amazed there's no 60's greaser punk items for scout

just base colors right now, working on a sculpt too but i can't draw for shit so we'll see how that goes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #1852

October 2013
    657 Posts
    The Toxin Terror

Collab between, Ertz, my girlfriend and I, based on a certain psychopath with a very strong affiliation to fear and orphan millionaires with custom made avian-mammal themed armor!
    Votes and favorites appreciated!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=553290222
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1853
    June 2012
    67 Posts
    No offence, but it kind of reminds me of a badly posed, low res GMod model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 15Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #1854
    June 2015
    509 Posts
    No offence, but it kind of reminds me of a badly posed, low res GMod model.
    Whatcha mean? It fits as an promo: it shows what the will the port be on your pc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Safari Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

15. Post #1855
    November 2014
    1,032 Posts
    The Toxin Terror

Collab between, Ertz, my girlfriend and I, based on a certain psychopath with a very strong affiliation to fear and orphan millionaires with custom made avian-mammal themed armor!
    Votes and favorites appreciated!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=553290222
    The eyes should be paintable not the mask
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

16. Post #1856
    September 2015
    117 Posts

Concept:

That is pretty much as good as I can get it with my skills. So I need help in:
    -Tweaking the model
    -Rigging
    -Getting the correct files for workshop
    If you think you can do/help me with these things, just add me in steam and I get you the needed files.
    I can do the texturing and any simple modelling.
    Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Finland Show Events

17. Post #1857
    March 2012
    1,428 Posts
    You really need to work of the spys basemesh, like this it'll never work rigging wise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

18. Post #1858
    September 2015
    117 Posts
    You really need to work of the spys basemesh, like this it'll never work rigging wise
    You mean that the tris or whatever those small triangles and other shapes should be the one and same with the basemesh, or should they be same shapes as in the basemesh, but just slightly above it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Finland Show Events

19. Post #1859
    October 2014
    339 Posts

WW2 Russian Winter Coat
    My other concepts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

20. Post #1860
    August 2009
    10,274 Posts

WW2 Russian Winter Coat
    My other concepts
    The more Ushanka matching miscs the better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #1861
    March 2008
    987 Posts
    You mean that the tris or whatever those small triangles and other shapes should be the one and same with the basemesh, or should they be same shapes as in the basemesh, but just slightly above it?
    Your wireframe should be very similar to spy's. He means that you should use spy's coat as something to work off of as your base mesh when making your model so you can avoid headaches later on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

22. Post #1862
    March 2014
    5,057 Posts

shit

yes or no on the emblem? its painted on so im iffy and i feel it makes it more similar to the TC than i want it to be

corvalho put it on without my input so it wasnt initially the intention
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #1863
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,978 Posts
    It just feels empty without a logo of some sort.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #1864
    March 2014
    5,057 Posts
    is it different enough to pass?

Edited:

how would you feel about an alternate release for it that removes the emblem? painted white, it could look more like an admiral's cap

quick mockup of that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #1865
    September 2015
    40 Posts

shit

yes or no on the emblem? its painted on so im iffy and i feel it makes it more similar to the TC than i want it to be

Upload both to the workshop as "styles".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #1866
    June 2012
    67 Posts

shit

I really like this set. However, it does make me want to watch The Dictator.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #1867
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,031 Posts
    I took a few minutes doing animation warmups (got fedup of doing the bouncing ball ones) to try out the same animation that Symwck's doing, just for giggles. Did rough blocking in about fifteen minutes - problems of note are foot positions and weight shifts (apart from the expected prop and final finger positions).

Don't have any intentions to put this up on workshop because that'd be rude to Symwck (working on something else that Square had spoken to me about), but would love feedback anyway.

Off topic, but it feels good to be back in the saddle again :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome India Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1868
    December 2014
    249 Posts

shit

Is there any way to remove the class emblem from his arm?
    I'm sure it would look much better without it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Peru Show Events

29. Post #1869
    June 2012
    67 Posts
    Is there any way to remove the class emblem from his arm?
    I'm sure it would look much better without it.
    Probably not without making a sleeve over the top. If I remember correctly, you can't actually remove or recolour any of the original model, which is a pain when it comes to things like Sniper's glasses for example.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #1870
    October 2014
    339 Posts

The Commissioner
    Votes are always appreciated
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

31. Post #1871
    January 2013
    1,163 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 25Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

32. Post #1872
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,914 Posts
    Probably not without making a sleeve over the top. If I remember correctly, you can't actually remove or recolour any of the original model, which is a pain when it comes to things like Sniper's glasses for example.
    The Sniper has a glasses bodygroup, allowing you to hide them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15 (list)

33. Post #1873
    NSF Sympathizer
    January 2012
    4,038 Posts
    He doesn't actually have one, oddly enough.

Edited:

Reworking the Gaelic Garb!

very wip, gonna have to learn sculpting in order to not add any more contributors and mess things up

oh well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 13 (list)

34. Post #1874
    April 2014
    1,886 Posts
    Can we see a shot of the back?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #1875
    NSF Sympathizer
    January 2012
    4,038 Posts

couldn't find any reference pics of the back but I assume it's just a loop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Sweden Show Events

36. Post #1876
    January 2012
    1,100 Posts

It was supposed to be added.

But it was dropped which is why the Sniper has double glasses for the Liquidator's Lid.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1877
    November 2013
    1,622 Posts
    wow the original sucks dick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Firefox Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

38. Post #1878
    August 2013
    1,952 Posts

shit

The inside ends of the epaulets look unfinished to me. Maybe round them out or texture the gold trim on that end too.

The gold trim on the cuffs could be modeled in, I think that'd look nice, you definitely have the tris for it.

Also the prong on the belt buckle is gigantic. You can have it big but it shouldn't be a giant square chunk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

39. Post #1879
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,313 Posts
    I don't agree that the cuffs gold trim needs to be modelled on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #1880
    August 2009
    10,274 Posts
    He doesn't actually have one, oddly enough.

Edited:

Reworking the Gaelic Garb!

very wip, gonna have to learn sculpting in order to not add any more contributors and mess things up

oh well
    I think you should have the collar cover up the turtle neck the Demoman has. Also just out of curiosity, do the Scots wear really poofy sleeves like that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events