1. Post #161

January 2015
    21 Posts
    Woah, hey guys. After ages of scouring for BO3 zombies models, but to no avail, I decided to take it upon myself to dump some of the most desired models from Shadows & The Giant. Enjoy, friends! Credit, of course, to m0xf and his amazing tool!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3hwry1h35arami/mesh.rar?dl=1

Edit: I also ripped some Der Riese stuff. (Dogs, monkey bomb, teddy bear, mystery box, and some misc stuff)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgqgv73lyj...ff%29.rar?dl=1
    Thanks a lot for these, much appreciated. Any chance you could upload the ICR model? It's in the beta files but it's not UV'd properly and the textures come out all messed up. I'd do it myself but I foolishly actually paid for the game on Steam so the tool doesn't work. :)

2. Post #162

November 2014
    12 Posts
    Thanks a lot for these, much appreciated. Any chance you could upload the ICR model? It's in the beta files but it's not UV'd properly and the textures come out all messed up. I'd do it myself but I foolishly actually paid for the game on Steam so the tool doesn't work. :)
    its called making hard drive room for 2 bo3 copy's if you want to play online (steam) and to rip models (torrent)... is it that hard.....

and it isn't that hard getting the ICR-1 model ;)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

3. Post #163

January 2015
    21 Posts
    its called making hard drive room for 2 bo3 copy's if you want to play online (steam) and to rip models (torrent)... is it that hard.....

and it isn't that hard getting the ICR-1 model ;)

Yes it isn't that hard if you pirate the game...

And I'm not going to download a 50gb torrent and make 160gb worth of room for a single model jackass.

Also that map looks awful, as does that terrible ICR port, and GG for openly admitting that you illegally downloaded a pirated version of the game. ;)

Btw the first link is down now GeekComm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #164

October 2015
    46 Posts
    I gotcha, stevie. :D
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2ykp7i7nl0i3h1/ICR.rar?dl=1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #165

January 2015
    21 Posts
    You are a legend mate, thanks a ton. :)

6. Post #166

February 2016
    6 Posts

And I'm not going to download a 50gb torrent and make 160gb worth of room for a single model jackass.

Also that map looks awful, as does that terrible ICR port, and GG for openly admitting that you illegally downloaded a pirated version of the game. ;)

Chill down stevie I think you might have gotten a bit to angry

I really don't understand why you have to come across angry, I think he was just trying to show you tips and tricks. But you have to come back to jzob being so angry like chill down.

(User was banned for this post ("Image Macro" - OvB))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

7. Post #167

November 2014
    12 Posts

All im going to say is this...

Was trying to be nice but oh well. And lets just go back to talking about bo3 models

(User was banned for this post ("meme shit" - OvB))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

8. Post #168

January 2015
    21 Posts
    Chill down stevie I think you might have gotten a bit to angry

I really don't understand why you have to come across angry, I think he was just trying to show you tips and tricks. But you have to come back to jzob being so angry like chill down.

You made an account just to post that? Do you really have to follow your little boyfriend around everywhere like a little lost puppy?

And no, jzob's post was helpful to no-one, he just came across as a conceited asshole (nothing new there) and it might be why 3 people have already marked it as 'dumb' - I wish I could but there's no option for me - if you want to see what an actually helpful poster looks like look no further than GeekComm.

9. Post #169

February 2016
    6 Posts
    You made an account just to post that? Do you really have to follow your little boyfriend around everywhere like a little lost puppy?

And no, jzob's post was helpful to no-one, he just came across as a conceited asshole (nothing new there) and it might be why 3 people have already marked it as 'dumb' - I wish I could but there's no option for me - if you want to see what an actually helpful poster looks like look no further than GeekComm.
    Well I never said anything about GeekComm being not helpful did I? If I did remind me where I said it o.o

Anyways you have bullied people for no reason at all (Like me) If you started to bully the helpful guy GeekComm right now I bet he would not be so nice to you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

10. Post #170
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    12,418 Posts
    Bullying? That's a funny way to spell "calling out." The problem with jzob's post is that he's not being helpful. Some of us can't afford a second HDD, let alone extra HDD space to illegally torrent a game some of us already own and paid for. So telling us to practically do it ourselves instead of asking for help is just rude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,222 Posts
    Plus, not everyone has another 50+ GB of space that they can afford to free up on their existing drives.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,713 Posts
    Plus torrenting games is illegal, and against the rules, so I don't understand why it'd be suggested anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,222 Posts
    On a side note, I just took a look at the ICR that was posted by GeekComm. It looks like a nice weapon, but I think they may have forgotten to nab the magazine model before uploading the files. There doesn't seem to be a magazine model present in the archive.

14. Post #174

January 2015
    21 Posts
    On a side note, I just took a look at the ICR that was posted by GeekComm. It looks like a nice weapon, but I think they may have forgotten to nab the magazine model before uploading the files. There doesn't seem to be a magazine model present in the archive.
    I was going to ask for it but I didn't want to come off as greedy lol, but since you brought it up any chance of uploading that too GeekComm kind sir? I've stuck the BO2 M27 mag on it for now. Model is perfect btw, and jzob if you're watching (such a shame you got banned :) here's how the ICR-1 looks when ported properly into WAW.

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,221 Posts
    I was going to ask for it but I didn't want to come off as greedy lol, but since you brought it up any chance of uploading that too GeekComm kind sir? I've stuck the BO2 M27 mag on it for now. Model is perfect btw, and jzob if you're watching (such a shame you got banned :) here's how the ICR-1 looks when ported properly into WAW.
    looks good! i told him to check the thread when he gets a chance, so you should hopefully have that magazine soon.
    i've managed to port a bloodhound in-game using the supplied assets, thanks GeekComm!

16. Post #176
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    12,418 Posts
    Well since we're back to buisness in this thread, is anyone willing to lend a hand and send me the files for the NRC soldiers? I still want to try porting them over to gmod.

17. Post #177

October 2015
    46 Posts

Oops! Didn't realize it was two models. If you need any other models, just ask. Here to help.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vaywus615...20Mag.rar?dl=1

Edited:

Well since we're back to buisness in this thread, is anyone willing to lend a hand and send me the files for the NRC soldiers? I still want to try porting them over to gmod.
    I can try to rip some campaign stuff over the weekend. MP was giving me problems, so no promises with campaign.

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,222 Posts
    Took another look through the files for the ICR that GeekComm posted, and it looks like there's a couple of issues regarding the textures. Aside from the diffuse files (anything ending in _c.dds from what I can tell), the first issue involves some of the texture files being corrupt; I tried using that Delimer Photoshop script that came up not too long ago to attempt fixing them, but it didn't seem to fix any of the problems with the textures. Just as well, there also seems to be a few missing texture files (the paint_left, paint_top, and paint_right files to be exact), so the receiver ends up not having the right textures. Just thought I'd bring that to attention.

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,713 Posts
    Checked the files, they seem to lack a compression header (TL;DR, the hex code for DDS files has small section at the top that says what compression it uses). The _c.dds files seem to lack any compression type.

20. Post #180

January 2015
    21 Posts
    Oops! Didn't realize it was two models. If you need any other models, just ask. Here to help.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vaywus615...20Mag.rar?dl=1

Edited:

I can try to rip some campaign stuff over the weekend. MP was giving me problems, so no promises with campaign.
    Thanks a lot man, you will definitely be credited in my map for this. Another model that was missing from the beta files was the XR2 worldmodel, so if you could upload that that'd be great. :)

Took another look through the files for the ICR that GeekComm posted, and it looks like there's a couple of issues regarding the textures. Aside from the diffuse files (anything ending in _c.dds from what I can tell), the first issue involves some of the texture files being corrupt; I tried using that Delimer Photoshop script that came up not too long ago to attempt fixing them, but it didn't seem to fix any of the problems with the textures. Just as well, there also seems to be a few missing texture files (the paint_left, paint_top, and paint_right files to be exact), so the receiver ends up not having the right textures. Just thought I'd bring that to attention.
    The paint_left/right/top meshes are actually duplicates and can be deleted, I believe they are used for the 'paintshop' custom camo stuff in BO3. The col maps do indeed come out a bit weird and I had to edit them somewhat, and I ended up making my own spcs/cos because the exported ones looked a bit screwed up to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Turkey Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,222 Posts
    The paint_left/right/top meshes are actually duplicates and can be deleted, I believe they are used for the 'paintshop' custom camo stuff in BO3. The col maps do indeed come out a bit weird and I had to edit them somewhat, and I ended up making my own spcs/cos because the exported ones looked a bit screwed up to me.
    I actually wasn't aware of that until you mentioned it, and have since removed those mesh pieces. Thanks for the notice.

And a small tip for anyone that thinks the textures are too dark to work with for the ICR; there's an easy method to fix that issue while also making some of the details show in the diffuse (which is kind of necessary since the textures are so dark in some spots that some parts of the textures will still appear black without doing this). Open the diffuse for the mesh in question (example: i_wpn_t7_ar_isr27_base_c.dds) in your image editing program of choice (for the sake of example, we'll just use Photoshop for this instance). Afterwards, do the same for the specular of that same mesh (following with the previous example, i_wpn_t7_ar_isr27_base_s.dds), and then copy it over to the diffuse as a separate layer. Instead of changing the new layer's mode to Overlay, you'll instead adjust the opacity for that layer so that it's sticking at roughly 20% (you can lower this further if you still want the textures to be fairly dark). Merge the two layers together after you're done adjusting the opacity, and then save the diffuse (you can either save over the original or save it as a secondary version). This should brighten the textures up just enough for everything to be visible where it should be, while also allowing you to have some of the details show. It's not exactly the best method for fixing up the dark textures, but it's really the only way since setting the specular to function as an overlay will actually make the diffuse textures appear even darker than normal.

22. Post #182

October 2015
    46 Posts
    For the corrupted ones, I've heard that opening them in VTFEdit and exporting them as a .tga fixes it.

Edited:

Thanks a lot man, you will definitely be credited in my map for this. Another model that was missing from the beta files was the XR2 worldmodel, so if you could upload that that'd be great. :)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuqjf369ytqmriw/XR-2.rar?dl=1
    There ya go!

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,222 Posts
    For the corrupted ones, I've heard that opening them in VTFEdit and exporting them as a .tga fixes it.
    Surprisingly enough, that seems to be true. Just importing the textures that are corrupted into VTFEdit seems to yield the proper textures (albeit smaller than normal).

On a secondary note, the only missing texture at this point seems to be something that's labeled as "base_glow", which is pointing to a file labeled $black_color.dds. Seems to be necessary for a certain piece of the mesh that's just under where the "ON" decal is shown for the receiver.

24. Post #184

October 2015
    46 Posts
    Surprisingly enough, that seems to be true. Just importing the textures that are corrupted into VTFEdit seems to yield the proper textures (albeit smaller than normal).

On a secondary note, the only missing texture at this point seems to be something that's labeled as "base_glow", which is pointing to a file labeled $black_color.dds. Seems to be necessary for a certain piece of the mesh that's just under where the "ON" decal is shown for the receiver.
    I'm pretty sure that's just a green emissive material. There's hardly ever proper textures for things like that.

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,222 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that's just a green emissive material. There's hardly ever proper textures for things like that.
    Ah, I see. Well, in that case, it's honestly not that hard for me to just make a solid green texture to put in its place.

Edited:
    I apparently overlooked one of the other missing textures, though I'm not sure if this one is necessary since I have a stand-in texture to work with. The one that's missing is labeled as "i_wpn_t7_ar_isr27_sights_glass_c.dds", which is part of the rear sight. Would you happen to have that one, or would it be safe for me to just throw in my stand-in glass texture?

26. Post #186

October 2015
    46 Posts
    Ah, I see. Well, in that case, it's honestly not that hard for me to just make a solid green texture to put in its place.

Edited:
    I apparently overlooked one of the other missing textures, though I'm not sure if this one is necessary since I have a stand-in texture to work with. The one that's missing is labeled as "i_wpn_t7_ar_isr27_sights_glass_c.dds", which is part of the rear sight. Would you happen to have that one, or would it be safe for me to just throw in my stand-in glass texture?
    Nope, it seems only the normal map exported. I'd just use the stand-in glass texture.

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,222 Posts
    Alright, good to know. Thanks again.

28. Post #188

January 2015
    21 Posts
    I actually wasn't aware of that until you mentioned it, and have since removed those mesh pieces. Thanks for the notice.

And a small tip for anyone that thinks the textures are too dark to work with for the ICR; there's an easy method to fix that issue while also making some of the details show in the diffuse (which is kind of necessary since the textures are so dark in some spots that some parts of the textures will still appear black without doing this). Open the diffuse for the mesh in question (example: i_wpn_t7_ar_isr27_base_c.dds) in your image editing program of choice (for the sake of example, we'll just use Photoshop for this instance). Afterwards, do the same for the specular of that same mesh (following with the previous example, i_wpn_t7_ar_isr27_base_s.dds), and then copy it over to the diffuse as a separate layer. Instead of changing the new layer's mode to Overlay, you'll instead adjust the opacity for that layer so that it's sticking at roughly 20% (you can lower this further if you still want the textures to be fairly dark). Merge the two layers together after you're done adjusting the opacity, and then save the diffuse (you can either save over the original or save it as a secondary version). This should brighten the textures up just enough for everything to be visible where it should be, while also allowing you to have some of the details show. It's not exactly the best method for fixing up the dark textures, but it's really the only way since setting the specular to function as an overlay will actually make the diffuse textures appear even darker than normal.
    Yeh this is probably the best method for 'fixing' the col maps, thanks for sharing. I use Noesis to export the 'corrupted' images which allows me to open them in Paint.net, link can be found here -

http://www.richwhitehouse.com/filemi...oesisv4161.zip

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,222 Posts
    GeekComm, if it's not too much to ask, do you think you could grab the Weevil and its magazine from the finished game as well? I'd like to compare the model from the beta to the model from the finished game, as well as see if I could do something with the textures for both versions.

Yeh this is probably the best method for 'fixing' the col maps, thanks for sharing. I use Noesis to export the 'corrupted' images which allows me to open them in Paint.net, link can be found here -

http://www.richwhitehouse.com/filemi...oesisv4161.zip
    Unfortunately for me, Noesis has been bugging out on my system a lot as of late, so I didn't consider using that method of approach to convert the ones that appear corrupted (when I say they are corrupted, I mean that importing the files into Photoshop as-is seems to either show a lot of artifacting errors or simply yields and error that won't allow them to import). I've instead opted to using the method GeekComm mentioned about using VTFEdit to import the bugged textures and re-exporting them, and that seems to work rather effectively as well.

30. Post #190

October 2015
    46 Posts
    GeekComm, if it's not too much to ask, do you think you could grab the Weevil and its magazine from the finished game as well? I'd like to compare the model from the beta to the model from the finished game, as well as see if I could do something with the textures for both versions.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlvkrshy27...eevil.rar?dl=1 Here's the weevil for ya
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,222 Posts
    Thank you kindly, sir.

Edited:
    Sorry to bug you about this, but I think you may have grabbed the wrong weapon's files. The one you linked seems to be the VMP, not the Weevil. I'll still work on porting the VMP as well, but I thought I'd let you know in case anyone else is looking to work with the Weevil as well.

32. Post #192
    November 2015
    12 Posts
    Are there any FPS arms rigged models?
    Scroll up to my post.

Edited:

Hey everyone. Do these models retain or do they include the animations psa files?

Edited:

For some reason when I bring in the characters (reaper for example) they aren't rigged but the skeleton is importing with the mesh? am I doing anything wrong? Help!!!!
    None of the meshes have any animation tool rigs, they just have simple bone rigs with all their original skin mesh weights.\

As far as I know, at least. Correct me if I'm wrong.

33. Post #193

October 2015
    46 Posts
    Thank you kindly, sir.

Edited:
    Sorry to bug you about this, but I think you may have grabbed the wrong weapon's files. The one you linked seems to be the VMP, not the Weevil. I'll still work on porting the VMP as well, but I thought I'd let you know in case anyone else is looking to work with the Weevil as well.
    Oh my god, I totally did. I had a .rar for both, and they weren't named accordingly. Must have gotten the wrong one. Damn. Here's the ACTUAL weevil: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jefgy0ss1...me%29.rar?dl=1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #194
    November 2014
    65 Posts
    I would not be rude .. but knows if there are models of civilian vehicles so maybe i can export it
    sorry for the hassle

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    21,549 Posts
    What version of the game does the latest version of that tool work with? I actually have the space to rip the stuff now so I might do it.

36. Post #196

January 2015
    21 Posts
    What version of the game does the latest version of that tool work with? I actually have the space to rip the stuff now so I might do it.
    I believe you need a completely unpatched version of the game.

37. Post #197
    December 2015
    28 Posts
    Noob here. How do I apply the textures in C4D?

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    21,549 Posts
    So is that tool actually supposed to rip all models? Cause for me, it ripped a ton of attachment and weapon models and then only a tiny amount of characters. Mainly just MP character models, SP player models and some zombie models. No enemies or NPCs or anything like that.

Edited:

It did seem to rip mostly all character textures, but not meshes.

Edited:

Okay nvm it is all there, it was just dumped in the completely wrong folders.

Edited:

Ok yeah I was right, there don't seem to be any NPC parts ripped.

39. Post #199
    February 2016
    75 Posts
    Beta was released in last week, and I rip models from it.

Download links:

Characters:
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/GuxS/zZR8KyZ3V
    Weapons:
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/N1Af/Ddd1Kcw8x
    Other models:
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/FJrG/vxQQuGy2u

All models rigged. Model format: psk (pskx). To import use ActorX Importer.
    Can you rip the COD BO3 weapon models but they must be animated . Full animations
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

40. Post #200

October 2015
    18 Posts