1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    555 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events Winner Winner x 42 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2013
    238 Posts
    New thread finally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,381 Posts
    Wow you're fast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Poland Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

4. Post #4

July 2014
    52 Posts
    obligatory new thread smell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    February 2014
    78 Posts
    The wiki has been making good progress, come take a look!
    Suggestions welcome.

www.tf2classic.com/wiki/Main_Page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    August 2015
    30 Posts
    Deathmatch is a Blood bath. So Basically, Good job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

7. Post #7
    March 2013
    2,177 Posts
    obligatory new thread smell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8

February 2015
    43 Posts
    hey do you mind having a tip that says the poacher pride is different than the model in DM ?
    much confusion was had that day

edit also sweet new forum structure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

9. Post #9
    March 2013
    2,177 Posts
    hey do you mind having a tip that says the poacher pride is different than the model in DM ?
    much confusion was had that day
    What is confusing about the Poacher's Pride and the Super Shotgun? They both have obvious differences that should them apart from each other
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #10

February 2015
    43 Posts
    What is confusing about the Poacher's Pride and the Super Shotgun? They both have obvious differences that should them apart from each other
    the look the same roughly with a similar color scheme and silhouette though might just be me having a large brain fart
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,273 Posts
    The OP looks awful with deepdark facepunch :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    3,367 Posts
    Can we add the TF2Maps Construction Pack if possible? I was planning a map around it...

Edited:

Suggestions welcome.

Add the easter egg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Dennab
    January 2015
    897 Posts
    Can we add the TF2Maps Construction Pack if possible? I was planning a map around it...

Edited:

Add the easter egg

our easter egg should be all pics on the site turn into gifs of the unused fishwhacker taunt if you enter a code
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    September 2014
    35 Posts
    reposting from old thread

any plans on adding in the hitsound commands tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg and tf_dingaling_pitchmindmg ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,268 Posts
    Is the trello meant to be private?

EDIT: Fixed since this post was made
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    March 2012
    180 Posts
    Suggestions welcome.

Add some concept graphics to the merc, civilian etc.
    A other suggestion would be to change the start page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Germany Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    August 2015
    30 Posts
    Hey guys V4.0 Might let you Aim down your sights on other classes. Or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb x 12Funny x 3Disagree x 2Informative x 2Useful x 1Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    March 2013
    2,177 Posts
    the look the same roughly with a similar color scheme and silhouette though might just be me having a large brain fart
    Poacher's Pride is much slimmer and longer than the SSG and has a under hung strap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,273 Posts
    Hey guys V4.0 Might let you Aim down your sights on other classes. Or something.
    Whats the point when you have a crosshair?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    June 2014
    275 Posts
    Is Bhop turned off by default?
    I made a dm test map and Bhopping doesn't seem to make me gain any speed.
    Edit
    Also If so how do I turn it on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    August 2015
    154 Posts

Wait.... What's that? Coming over the horizon?

Is that....? JUNCTION!!?!?!?!?!?

Wait? Over 200 objects have received clipping fixes?

There is an emphasis on close quarters combat, with a few open areas?

A visual update? Removing pointless lights to decrease the filesize? Removing a bunch of dynamic props that were there for no reason? A train gag at BLU's old spawn? Less bullshit? Well, count me in!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 26 (list)

22. Post #22
    May 2013
    6,305 Posts
    That's a pretty sexy OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    November 2014
    633 Posts
    The OP isn't centered and I'm pissed off about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,273 Posts
    What are you talking about the OP looks great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    November 2014
    633 Posts
    What are you talking about the OP looks great
    Mine's just white, so dunno what user preference you're using.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,268 Posts
    Mine's just white, so dunno what user preference you're using.
    It's a userscript.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events

27. Post #27
    November 2014
    633 Posts
    Also, someone was talking about DM contracts in the last thread, and while it was a alright idea    6.5/10 no more no less    it wasn't well drew out. So, I hopefully made a better one.

When you complete the contract, you are given a URL. This URL give you a download of that weapon's file, and at the same time tells the server you got that weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 1Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    9,182 Posts
    There is no purpose for contracts in this community mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Zing Zing x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    June 2014
    275 Posts
    The only use I could see for contracts is if it something given out mid Death match and once completed it would give you extra points.
    For Example:
    Kill 10 players with the Super Shotgun for 10 extra points
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Show Events

30. Post #30

August 2012
    97 Posts
    Quick little thing I would like to bring up.

The Super Shotgun needs tweaked. Hitting someone just an inch out of point blank and them surviving with 4 health and you ending up getting killed is probably one of the most frustrating things ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events

31. Post #31
    August 2015
    154 Posts
    So, how likely is it that we'll get some kind of Halloween thing? I'd love to go through Mann Manor and such on TF2C. Of course, we don't need over the top, just some redecorating, pumpkin bombs, and magical pumpkin candy crits and I'd be all set....

Edited:

So, here is my thoughts on the possible Halloween thing...

When CS:GO did it's halloween thing, they simply made it so that you'd get a random cosmetic item whenever you respawned.

You could just take the entire sets for these items and make it so whenever someone is playing as that class, they get that set of Halloween items.

As for maps, you could take one of the custom maps that've been made for TF2C, and give it a makeover. Maps like Casbah or cp_hydro.

As for hazards, I'd love to see the pumpkin bombs. They do a fuck of damage, but are only on Halloween maps, and you might as well make TF2C's first Scream Fortress Classic event start with a bang heheheheheheheheh

I'm pretty sure all the Halloween stuff is still in TF2C, so you might as well take advantage of the stuff and make a fun event. It's not like these things last too long either.

And of course, you can always have the magical pumpkin crits dropping from corpses

That is my post about Halloween stuff, trying to encourage you guys to slap that shit in the game for us to enjoy the week or so of costumes and gameplay elements that are meant for fun and games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,273 Posts
    So, how likely is it that we'll get some kind of Halloween thing? I'd love to go through Mann Manor and such on TF2C. Of course, we don't need over the top, just some redecorating, pumpkin bombs, and magical pumpkin candy crits and I'd be all set....

Edited:

So, here is my thoughts on the possible Halloween thing...

When CS:GO did it's halloween thing, they simply made it so that you'd get a random cosmetic item whenever you respawned.

You could just take the entire sets for these items and make it so whenever someone is playing as that class, they get that set of Halloween items.

As for maps, you could take one of the custom maps that've been made for TF2C, and give it a makeover. Maps like Casbah or cp_hydro.

As for hazards, I'd love to see the pumpkin bombs. They do a fuck of damage, but are only on Halloween maps, and you might as well make TF2C's first Scream Fortress Classic event start with a bang heheheheheheheheh

I'm pretty sure all the Halloween stuff is still in TF2C, so you might as well take advantage of the stuff and make a fun event. It's not like these things last too long either.

And of course, you can always have the magical pumpkin crits dropping from corpses

That is my post about Halloween stuff, trying to encourage you guys to slap that shit in the game for us to enjoy the week or so of costumes and gameplay elements that are meant for fun and games.
    Might be able to do a neat tie in with Little Workshop of Horrors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    January 2012
    192 Posts
    Actually...
    How about "Contracts" act as achievements?

Achieving something may score you a milestone (based on the amount of achievements of that category) - the reward may be an unlockable |Cosmetic or functional| Gun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Bulgaria Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,067 Posts
    I'm sorry guys, this thread isn't about Valve's weird flight-of-fancy changes out of nowhere. It's about the TF2 Classic dev team's weird flight-of-fancy changes out of nowhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 1Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,739 Posts
    Contracts could be a thing. Not speaking on behalf of the team but I personally believe its a good incentive for players to keep playing the game to achieve a reward.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    December 2013
    4,419 Posts
    How about no rewards/hats/skins at all, and just let it be the focused multiplayer fps like it used to be back in the day?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    555 Posts
    I'm sorry guys, this thread isn't about Valve's weird flight-of-fancy changes out of nowhere. It's about the TF2 Classic dev team's weird flight-of-fancy changes out of nowhere.
    What exactly are you talking about?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Croatia Show Events

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,739 Posts
    How about no rewards/hats/skins at all, and just let it be the focused multiplayer fps like it used to be back in the day?
    This was only for if we wanted to; hats are probably never going to be a thing in our mod. Don't worry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

39. Post #39
    August 2015
    154 Posts
    I think it's mainly because, even if all you got was points, it gives players a small incentive to play the game more than they would. Even if it doesn't register to them, they might think about it offhand, and decide to play the game a bit to complete them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,209 Posts

More art work done on Wiseau. In time, hopefully this map will stand out visually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)