1. Post #41
    August 2015
    154 Posts
    The first version of dm_junction is ready!

Release Candidate 1, here we go!

http://tf2maps.net/resources/dm_junction.615/

There's the link, here the pics

So, what'd ya waiting for? Go commit senseless violence in Junction!

Still not convinced? Well, here is some of the things I did to bring this map back to life

- Over 250 Objects have been clipped correctly, you can bunnyhop and do everything else in a DM map without getting stuck!

- I removed several redundant lights and props, not only reducing clutter, but decreasing the load on your computer. This is the best running version of Junction yet!

- I have added ladders to A, to quicken access and rotations around the map.

- All the things for a proper DM map are there, pills and everything

Those are the main things that I changed. So, go! Go and kill everyone on this map, finally given a new breath of life after 6 years of hate from the TF2 community!

Trivia - They guy who made this map was Heyo, who also made Tidal. Heh, a pretty big difference in quality there....

Edited:

More art work done on Wiseau. In time, hopefully this map will stand out visually.
    I think Wiseau would look amazing if you gave it the Gorge aesthetic, with it's clean, simple buildings and very good visibility.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,201 Posts
    I'm really trying to go with an Urban vibe with Wiseau though, as I feel like that would add an unique style of environment to the mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

3. Post #43
    August 2015
    154 Posts
    I'm really trying to go with an Urban vibe with Wiseau though, as I feel like that would add an unique style of environment to the mod.
    Ah, I must ask, what kind or Urban. I know it seems redundant, but there is the American city aesthetic, and there is Soho, which is the crowded Hong Kong style.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,201 Posts
    Ah, I must ask, what kind or Urban. I know it seems redundant, but there is the American city aesthetic, and there is Soho, which is the crowded Hong Kong style.
    Going to be going for an american inner city aesthetic really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,878 Posts
    Going to be going for an american inner city aesthetic really.
    So like the pass time map or mannhattan?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    8,877 Posts
    May I suggest that cl_customsounds is set to 1 by default for all players? I have never got to try TF2C so I dunno if it already is, probably not? Messing with soundsprays would be great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #47
    June 2015
    134 Posts
    May I suggest that cl_customsounds is set to 1 by default for all players? I have never got to try TF2C so I dunno if it already is, probably not? Messing with soundsprays would be great.
    It's more than great! All that CENA and MEEM! xDDDDD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #48
    August 2015
    30 Posts
    < People trying to Snipe in Deathmatch mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    3,274 Posts
    B-B-B-B-BUG TIME!
    I'm sure everyone's noticed this one...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 United States Show Events

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,449 Posts
    What is confusing about the Poacher's Pride and the Super Shotgun? They both have obvious differences that should them apart from each other
    you can't even access the super shotgun in normal gameplay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #51
    May 2015
    76 Posts
    Looking at some old Deathmatch maps to possibly remake for this mod, I realized how many feature elements that aren't seen in TF2 maps such as teleporters, jump pads or damaging environments such as toxic waste to run/swim through to get a rewarding powerful weapon.

Of course the jump pads would be particularly hard to implement, but I could see a sort of teleporter being added as a sort of larger/modified version of the Engineer one. Static, cannot be destroyed of course.

Just some ideas to include some extra fun factor and variation in map designs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #52

July 2014
    52 Posts
    I was thinking- we have all these awesome respawn particles in DM. Maybe the contracts could be achievements that, when completed, unlock you new particle effects? Or they could just be plain old achievements that unlock them, not contracts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    November 2014
    1,000 Posts
    Why no proper thread title? People are going to get confused and think 3.0 is out already
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

14. Post #54
    December 2014
    24 Posts

still waiting on koth
    might try to go deathmatch with this in the meantime
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    3,274 Posts
    are we just decompiling maps and editing at this point?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,449 Posts
    Why not?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,344 Posts
    yes we are
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    December 2014
    24 Posts
    it's easier to take a map most everybody knows from live tf2 and introduce elements like deathmatch into it. especially one like harvest that you can pretty much understand the first time you play it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #59
    February 2015
    342 Posts
    Good to see good 'ol nulltexture spy still happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,243 Posts
    < People trying to Snipe in Deathmatch mode.
    This is going to sound very rude, and don't take it that way. I don't mean to insult you, but please stop posting.

All your posts are meaningless. You come in to comment like this is a youtube video, only to get boxed into oblivion because frankly, you post like a stereotypical 14 year old.

Lurking is your best bet. View from afar, chime in when you have something to contribute that isn't "I'm the ideas guy, this is thing, maybe we can have this?" or "TF2c be like X"

(User was banned for this post ("Report don't derail" - verynicelady))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,673 Posts
    This is going to sound very rude, and don't take it that way. I don't mean to insult you, but please stop posting.

All your posts are meaningless. You come in to comment like this is a youtube video, only to get boxed into oblivion because frankly, you post like a stereotypical 14 year old.

Lurking is your best bet. View from afar, chime in when you have something to contribute that isn't "I'm the ideas guy, this is thing, maybe we can have this?" or "TF2c be like X"
    Is this coming from the person complaining the OP doesn't look good with their custom theme?

(User was banned for this post ("This post is not about the thread topic" - verynicelady))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 23Dumb Dumb x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,243 Posts
    Is this coming from the person complaining the OP doesn't look good with their custom theme?
    First things first, I ment that as a joke. I don't expect the OP to cater to me when I am a minority with my theme.

Secondly, no. Its coming from someone thats been in his shoes before. I remember shitting up the emporium my first week with bunches of ideas.

Additionally, someone was going to tell him eventually. And its better to get it out of the way, than to get banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Friendly Friendly x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    December 2013
    4,379 Posts
    That OP looks fucking fantastic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,449 Posts
    First things first, I ment that as a joke. I don't expect the OP to cater to me when I am a minority with my theme.

Secondly, no. Its coming from someone thats been in his shoes before. I remember shitting up the emporium my first week with bunches of ideas.

Additionally, someone was going to tell him eventually. And its better to get it out of the way, than to get banned.
    The OP is one of the many things we have crafted with love for the mod.

Now quit fucking arguing about it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Italy Show Events Zing Zing x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,047 Posts
    The best part of the OP is that forum search will refuse to find it because image text.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

26. Post #66
    August 2015
    154 Posts
    Looking at some old Deathmatch maps to possibly remake for this mod, I realized how many feature elements that aren't seen in TF2 maps such as teleporters, jump pads or damaging environments such as toxic waste to run/swim through to get a rewarding powerful weapon.

Of course the jump pads would be particularly hard to implement, but I could see a sort of teleporter being added as a sort of larger/modified version of the Engineer one. Static, cannot be destroyed of course.

Just some ideas to include some extra fun factor and variation in map designs.
    Jump pads aren't hard to implement. Making them feel a part of the level design, and not just a tacky gimmick to sell your map is very hard though.

http://tf2maps.net/threads/jump-pads...ckwoods.25330/

That is the link to the Jump pads Fantasmos used in Backwoods, which I can say is the only map that ever has made Jump pads help the flow and gameplay of a map, and it works as a fantastic way to sell the map when done right.

http://tf2maps.net/resources/nuclear-waste.381/

That is a Nuclear Waste texture you could use. Though incorporating that in a map, especially a DM map without it feeling cheap for players is very hard to do. Even with a powerful weapon in the pool wouldn't supplement the damage players'd take to get it.

Teleporters are another hard thing to balance. They allow instant travel of course, but often disorient people using them, and can be camping easily.

All these elements can be used in your map, but don't count on them making your map stand out, unless you can incorporate them in a meaningful way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    August 2015
    30 Posts

Learn to respect people. Just cause your gold doesn't mean start flame wars with new people.

Edited:

Welcome to my ignore list.

Edited:

Welcome to a world full of Opinions everybody.

(User was banned for this post ("This post is not about the thread topic" - verynicelady))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 37Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,096 Posts
    Learn to respect people. Just cause your gold doesn't mean start flame wars with new people.
    Did you even read his post?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Zing Zing x 1 (list)

29. Post #69

February 2015
    43 Posts
    Poacher's Pride is much slimmer and longer than the SSG and has a under hung strap.
    thanks i didn't see that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

30. Post #70
    March 2013
    578 Posts
    Dumb question, do configs work in this game like they do in regular TF2?
    (i.e. scripts for pulling out melee weapons and stuff)

Also, are there aesthetic mods for this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    August 2015
    30 Posts
    Did you even read his post?
    Well this isn't the first time he tried to correct or talk trash about me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 22 (list)

32. Post #72
    165your4
    I think you're a bit too young for Facepunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Agree Agree x 13Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    June 2014
    2,875 Posts
    Your events shows.

Moving away from the drama hog, I'm piecing together a Badlands port for Deathmatch which will be ready soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,243 Posts
    Please, link me a post where I 'trashed talked' you.

I've responded to you a whole three times.
    Once to tell you that you posted in the wrong section originally, once to dismiss your idea for iron sights in a game that has crosshairs, and once to tell you that you simply should lurk.

Lurking is something almost all new facepunch-goers should do for their first month to get an idea as to what is accepted post wise, unless you want a ban.

But hey, don't take my advice. I'm obviously trash talking you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

35. Post #75
    January 2014
    151 Posts
    i was fairly certain that cl_customsounds is enabled by all players by default? or maybe there's just so few servers that it's rare to find one that doesn't have it enabled
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #76
    November 2014
    47 Posts
    keep crying babies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Funny x 5Agree x 3Informative x 2Optimistic x 2Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    March 2010
    47 Posts
    I know my thoughts will probably be brushed off, but I'm not a big fan of the new saw. I honestly can't say what it is, or what could replace it, just not a fan of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #78
    March 2013
    578 Posts
    I know my thoughts will probably be brushed off, but I'm not a big fan of the new saw. I honestly can't say what it is, or what could replace it, just not a fan of it.
    new saw? Do you mean the needle?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #79

January 2015
    6 Posts
    What do you guys think?
    Agree = It's alright. - Disagree = Eeewww. and I'll take anything else as "Make it better."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 15Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

40. Post #80
    July 2013
    238 Posts

We have an official Randomizer server now and it's super fun. :D Here a little video of TF2c's randomizer.

What do you guys think?
    Agree = It's alright. - Disagree = Eeewww. and I'll take anything else as "Make it better."
    That actually looks really good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)